PDA

View Full Version : Insult your way to popularity

endlesst0m
11-28-2005, 04:35 PM
The more and more i come to this board, the more i start to realize that its the same god damned thing over and over again. At first i thought all the Maddox-core insults were hilarious, but that was before i realized that this entire board is nothing but people(who spend more then 10 hours a week on message boards) waiting for a chance to spew out thier latest Maddox-core insults that they learned somewhere else. To a certain extent i think its funny, and obviously it happens on other message boards too, but its so frequent on this board, that unless youre really amused by insulting the same people over and over again, theres no point of even coming here.

JohnnyNemesis
11-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Well, you're certainly the first person to point this out. Thanks!

That_Guy91
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
the irony is killing me

endlesst0m
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM

well...you have over 7,000 posts...don't you get tired of this place?!?!

JohnnyNemesis
11-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Please tell me you're not stupid enough to make assumptions on one's character based on Post Count. PLEASE.

endlesst0m
11-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Please tell me you're not stupid enough to make assumptions on one's character based on Post Count. PLEASE.

I'm not saying i don't think you have a life outside of the BBS, im just wondering if you get tired of the same shit everyday?

JohnnyNemesis
11-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Ohh! I guess I do, but I have a pretty busy life outside the BBS, so I don't get as many chances to be sick of this place. I usually use this place as a relief from my hectic schedule when my other friends are just as busy as I am, and unfortunately, my friends are usually pretty fucking busy ALL the time.

I think many people can relate similar experiences.

WebDudette
11-28-2005, 04:45 PM
I'am on here quite frequently because my friends live on the other side of town.

Also I go to school over there so I can't socialize much with people over here.

ruroken
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Hahaha, you're certainly sarcastic today!

All About Eve
11-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Believe it or not, a message board can be a relief sometimes if everyone doesn't hate you.

.:SMASH:.
11-28-2005, 05:38 PM
johnny nemisis is a clear example of this
EDIT: sin studly mostly

original_prankster
11-28-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't usually insult people.

I just come on here when I'm bored and there's nothing to do. And seeing as there is never ANYTHING to do around here, I'm on constantly.

When I get sick of this place, I just stop posting for a few days.

JohnnyNemesis
11-28-2005, 05:41 PM
johnny nemisis is a clear example of this
EDIT: sin studly mostly

As opposed to you who admittedly hangs around and posts just to "piss us off"? How is that any different from the people who do what endlesst0m is complaining about? It's the exact same thing, except you're a fucking idiot, so people don't like you as much as they like me.

Sorry.

.:SMASH:.
11-28-2005, 05:43 PM
dont give me sorry when you dont mean it

JohnnyNemesis
11-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Fine. Just cover the part where I sarcastically apologized and read the rest of the post. Thank you.

Offspring7
11-28-2005, 06:29 PM
What does Maddox have to do with insults? Like Maddox from the Steelers?

All About Eve
11-28-2005, 06:30 PM
www.maddox.xmission.com or www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com is a sub-funny page that a guy posts on every once in a while and just insults stuff. Basically an immature and unfunny version of Sin.

endlesst0m
11-28-2005, 06:42 PM
www.maddox.xmission.com or www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com is a sub-funny page that a guy posts on every once in a while and just insults stuff. Basically an immature and unfunny version of Sin.

an immature and unfunny version of Sin, eh? hmm i don't know if i'd go along with that...

All About Eve
11-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Well, no one likes you, so I win.

endlesst0m
11-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, no one likes you, so I win.

alright fag.<insult>

All About Eve
11-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Well that was clever and witty.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-28-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm like Rick, usually I come on here for a little light relief when I'm not working and such. I used to spend insane amounts of time on here (hence why my count is so high) but I don't much anymore.

Do I get sick of the same old shit? Sure. But it's not like that's the only thing on here. If it was the same old dredgery all the time, I'd have left years ago. What makes it wonderful are the occasional moments of real humour, or a wonderfully argued debate, or those moments that really stop and make you think, or those moments of real drama. That's what I wait for.

As for insulting.. well, yeah, a lot of insulting does go on. But I don't see what's wrong with that. At least the insults are creative, usually.

Btw, Maddox couldn't hold a candle to this.

Smash, I'd rather read Sin Studly than you. Stop being worthless.

JoY
11-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Ohh! I guess I do, but I have a pretty busy life outside the BBS, so I don't get as many chances to be sick of this place. I usually use this place as a relief from my hectic schedule when my other friends are just as busy as I am, and unfortunately, my friends are usually pretty fucking busy ALL the time.

I think many people can relate similar experiences.
exact same here.

besides, I choose to have moments of bbs-rest. I seriously have to, because if I don't, I drive myself completely nuts being overly busy & shit.

Vera
11-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Maddox is alright. I just read his thingy on the GTA: San Andreas sex scandal and hehe, good stuff.

I don't think I need to justify my time spent online to people online.

ninthlayer
11-29-2005, 02:49 AM
well...you have over 7,000 posts...don't you get tired of this place?!?!
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18719

Es Tea Eff Ewe

Sin Studly
11-29-2005, 04:31 AM
Maddox is sometimes okay, but mostly he's just a lame nerd whining about shit. I'm sick of being called a Maddox-wannabe by people who view any form of intolerance as being equatable to their hero, Maddox. I've hated everyone and everything long before I knew he existed, and I've been claiming to hate everyone and everything long before I actually did. Give it up.

JohnnyNemesis
11-29-2005, 07:19 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18719

Es Tea Eff Ewe

HA! Pointing out self-pwnage is the best pwnage ever!
endlesst0m, read the quoted post.

Nina
11-29-2005, 08:06 AM
The constant insulting does get annoying to me as well. But whenever you actually get sick of it you can just leave, right? That's at least what I did a few times and came back a few months after I've had interest for this place again.
But yes, you are right. Same people insulting the same things, over and over again. Unlike someone in this topic (I dunno anymore who it was) I do NOT find the insults very creative. But on the other hand I dont whine about it like you do :P

sKratch
11-29-2005, 08:50 AM
To be completely honest, a lot of stuff on here gets old real fast to me. Me and Vlad talk about it because we're uber1337 ;[
In any case, I find a lot of the repetition to be lame after a while (a fairly short while) and it never ceases to amaze me when idiots get caught in the same cycles over and over again.

Izie
11-29-2005, 09:00 AM
*shrug*

When it's boring, I don't post (and I sure as hell don't go around bitching about it). When it's fun, I do. Simple, no?

endlesst0m
11-29-2005, 09:24 AM
HA! Pointing out self-pwnage is the best pwnage ever!
endlesst0m, read the quoted post.

that was before i realized...

lol i guess i'll have to stop coming here so much to prove that i was sincere about what i said.