PDA

View Full Version : Why do people hate you if you like rock?

Rocky-girl
11-29-2005, 08:07 AM
I don't want to affirm something. I just want to ask. Why do people hate you if you like rock? They don't want to know what kind of person you are. Why? My perents hate me listening to rock. My teachers hate me too. Why? My classmates can't understand me. But really, I don't care. I like rock and don't want to change my choise. :confused:

Vera
11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
You live in Russia, that's why.

Naturally places where rock music is popular, it's not such a big deal.

Rocky-girl
11-29-2005, 08:29 AM
I think you partly are right. Choise of music in my country is free. but may be in peoples' heads. May be it's stereotip.

Nina
11-29-2005, 09:14 AM
As long as you're a minority, people often won't bother to understand your belief/your choices, because you are different to "most" people.
Even in countries where Rock music is popular (Germany, for instance) you can still meet a lot of people who don't even start to get to know you because of your taste in music. I guess it's just in human nature or something.

Endymion
11-29-2005, 09:16 AM
it's the exact same thing with pedophilia.

Nina
11-29-2005, 09:17 AM
: (

That's just wrong!

Evka.pl
11-29-2005, 09:22 AM
maybe it's not the music but the appearance? u know, the way u dress 4 example? usually people who listen to rock/punk/metal etc. dress/look a bit different and stand out in the crowd. teachers and parents hate that, which sucks of course. cheer up! don't worry about the people who don't like you. try to make friends with ppl who listen to rock too.

JoY
11-29-2005, 09:33 AM
: (

That's just wrong!
*giggles* but GOOD. hahaha.

Izie
11-29-2005, 10:06 AM
They think you're weird?

I generally shun the stupid people back home who listen to the gay folk music, but not ALL the time. I only shun them if they're as retarded as the music they listen to *shudder*

...randomly, my mommy likes my music :p Especially RHCP and Muse, go figure.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Music is a natural dividing barrier between people, and it always will be.

wheelchairman
11-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Most Russians I've ever met listen to rock, or metal if you want to be specific. So it's really a matter of what kind of people surround you.

Back in Black
11-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I think you partly are right. Choise of music in my country is free. but may be in peoples' heads. May be it's stereotip.
I don't want to get on your case about spelling but people get on my case all the time and no one has said anything about you spelling choice wrong. So, this is to everyone who critisizes me about spellng. If you are going to correct my spelling errors, correct everyone's speling errors.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-29-2005, 10:41 AM
She kind of has an excuse. Her first language is Russian (I assume, anyway). Yours is English.

ruroken
11-29-2005, 10:43 AM
I hate this thread.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-29-2005, 10:44 AM
I hate this thread.

Seriously, what was the point?

ruroken
11-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure how else to express my extreme (argh, crap wording!) hatred for the idiocy of the thread starter other than stating how much I hate this thread. Remember, I'm trying not to swear a lot...

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Wanna explain why you have such a strong reaction?

ruroken
11-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Because it's so stupid to think that everyone hates you for one thing. Not only that, but when it's over something as stupid as musical taste...I just can't stand it when people can't figure something so simple out for themsleves. Such as why people hate you. Sure, that may be complicated sometimes, but it's definitely not because of, or only because of, your musical taste. They'd have to hate you already to add musical taste to the list of reasons to hate you. And what's worse, thought, is coming on here and asking us. Not only do you make the question sound incredibly stupid, but you think we would know?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Over here the only people who hate people who listen to rock are the chavs, other wise everyone else is ok with it :)

.:SMASH:.
11-29-2005, 01:16 PM
face the facts
people hate you no matter what you like
if you like rock/punk you are dissed for being a "punk"
if you like emo beats you are dissed for being "emo"
if you like hard/heavy beats you are dissed for being "gothic"
if you like rap/hip hop you are dissed for being "gangsta"
and if you get into something else, people will diss you for liking that too. its a shit world

ruroken
11-29-2005, 01:17 PM
But people still like you for that, too.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-29-2005, 01:17 PM
face the facts
people hate you no matter what you like
if you like rock/punk you are dissed for being a "punk"
if you like emo beats you are dissed for being "emo"
if you like hard/heavy beats you are dissed for being "gothic"
if you like rap/hip hop you are dissed for being "gangsta"
and if you get into something else, people will diss you for liking that too. its a shit world
Emo Punk Gangsta... I like it :D

11-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Emo Punk Gangsta... I like it :D
yer, you can if you want, but people will try and diss you for it. thats what saddens me

ruroken
11-29-2005, 01:21 PM
This is just pathetic. Why don't you think about the people who like you? I mean, not everyone's going to like you. It's impossible.

11-29-2005, 01:24 PM
This is just pathetic. Why don't you think about the people who like you? I mean, not everyone's going to like you. It's impossible.
nothings impossible...except masturbating upside-down, now thats hard!!!

platinumpt
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't want to affirm something. I just want to ask. Why do people hate you if you like rock? They don't want to know what kind of person you are. Why? My perents hate me listening to rock. My teachers hate me too. Why? My classmates can't understand me. But really, I don't care. I like rock and don't want to change my choise. :confused:
What the...? I'd say you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, but we live in very different countries, with totally different cultures, so maybe you're right. My condolences to you. :o

Nina
11-30-2005, 07:47 AM
I don't want to get on your case about spelling but people get on my case all the time and no one has said anything about you spelling choice wrong. So, this is to everyone who critisizes me about spellng. If you are going to correct my spelling errors, correct everyone's speling errors.

spelling
spellng and
speling.

I think you're an idiot for pointing such a thing out while having spelled the word SPELLING wrong, and that twice.
Besides; what Dave said.

Sin Studly
11-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Delete wishomie again.

mosha.k
11-30-2005, 09:57 AM
well they laugh at us because we are different but we laugh at them because they are all the same :D

its one fine day
11-30-2005, 10:03 AM
people don't treat me any differently becuase i'm into metal and stuff. i get on with a lot of rap/hip hop sort of people.

We just don't talk about music and we seem to get on fine. 1 or 2 REALLY gay chavs might skit me because i'm a mosher but I learn to ignore them and insult their intelligence.

Sunny
11-30-2005, 10:04 AM
can someone please exterminate mosha.k? thanks.

0r4ng3
11-30-2005, 07:35 PM
well they laugh at us because we are different but we laugh at them because they are all the same :D
For that, I burn my shirt with this quote.

coke_a_holic
11-30-2005, 07:51 PM
http://www.nothingnice.com/comics/20020612.gif

0r4ng3
11-30-2005, 07:54 PM
^ another reason I burned the shirt.

The variation of it is kinda funny, one I saw at some store the other day.

"You all laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because I just farted."

T-6005
11-30-2005, 09:04 PM
^ another reason I burned the shirt.

The variation of it is kinda funny, one I saw at some store the other day.

"You all laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because I just farted."
First decent take on that phrase I've heard.