PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend me some Frog Brigade/Les Claypool Stuff

coke_a_holic
11-29-2005, 03:17 PM
I recently decided that I wanted to get into Colonel Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade (quite a mouthful), but I have no idea what songs to get! Please reccomend some Frog Brigade, Oysterhead, Bucket of Brains, or other random Les Claypool bands' songs. Thanks in advance! Please note: I'm already in mid-download of the only 2 songs of them that I know: Riddles Are Abound Tonight and D's Diner.

nieh
11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Riddles are Abound Tonight is actually a Sausage song (Sausage being a mini-reuinion of the really for real original Primus line-up, pre Ler and Tim, back before they released any albums). Frog Brigade tend to play it live though. A good Oysterhead song is "Army's on Ecstacy". That's probably my favorite off the album, most of the other songs are pretty hit or miss. I'll think of more songs once I get home. I'm at work at the moment.

Professor Chaos
11-29-2005, 10:06 PM
I've got Buzzards of Green Hill and Cosmic Highway by the Frog Brigade. And Thai Noodles and Elephant Ghost by CCBBB, if you want me to send them to you on MSN sometime, I'll be glad to.

nieh
11-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh right...I forgot about this thread.

CCBBB's best song that I've heard is Buckethead (though I don't have the full album, so they might have better)

Some Frog Briade songs that are pretty good are Cosmic Highway and Big Whamola.

I already mentioned my favorite Oysterhead song...that's all I can think of at the moment. Primus is definitely my favorite out of his bands.

Ohh! Try to get the live version of "The Awakening", not the album version. If you can't find it, I'll upload it for you.

Apathy
06-20-2007, 05:02 PM
bump

What album is the Awakening on?

I know it's not a Primus album, but I really really wants it. Nieh says the live version is better, but I really want to know what the studio verison is on. Can't seem to find that anywhere.

coke_a_holic
06-20-2007, 05:27 PM
It's on Les Claypool and the Holy Mackerel's Highball With The Devil.

Apathy
06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Is there any chance of me finding that in a store? Ever?

nieh
06-20-2007, 06:20 PM
I got my copy at Best Buy and I know I've seen it at least once since then but I'd imagine it's not the most common thing to find in stores like that.