PDA

View Full Version : The world of money

Rocky-girl
11-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Money. Money. Money. It's everywhere. Why? This awful coins and papers kills our life. Money kills all around us: love, friendship, senses. I think a lot of people in the world have forgotten this words. It's not right. Every year world gets more and more money, but every year we become less and less sensitive to each other. Can you explain me why?

Kitten
11-30-2005, 04:52 AM
People have always been insensitive pricks, it's just that a lot of the wealth that the upper class used to have, is being spread around more.

Sin Studly
11-30-2005, 06:51 AM
It's because of western imperialism and capitalist bourgeiose decadance. You need to bring Stalin back.

Nina
11-30-2005, 06:57 AM
I could go on and on about it, but I'll make it short.

Growing up in our enviornment (and I mean ALL of us....we're all able to go online, after all) has changed our way of living and what we call "normal". It's normal to go shopping very often, it's normal to go out for dinner every once in a while, it's normal to buy things you don't need, and it's normal to crave for new things. The materialism surounding us is getting over our heads. I dunno where this will all lead to...but I don't see anyone being happy about it.

Don't get me wrong, I of all people am VERY materialistic. And I can get very cheerful over new things I buy/presents I get/other materialistic things. Very much so, even. But I know that it doesnt make me happy. And I consider the main problem to be the thought that money can make people happy. Well, it can't. And as long as people do not realize that they won't know how to handle money, either.

Trippy
11-30-2005, 07:02 AM
Money. Money. Money. It's everywhere. Why? This awful coins and papers kills our life. Money kills all around us: love, friendship, senses. I think a lot of people in the world have forgotten this words. It's not right. Every year world gets more and more money, but every year we become less and less sensitive to each other. Can you explain me why?

Everything in modern society is based on money. As the saying goes, money makes the world go around.

Parents object to their daughters' marriages unless their future sons-in-laws have jobs with good prospects.

Many young people marry for money rather than love. Security is more important than happiness.

Some people in Shanghai would even trade their self-esteem for money.

Materialism influences education, too. Students acquire knowledge not for its own sake, but for a bigger wage.

Students choose business courses rather than liberal arts for the sake of earning big money in the future.

Very few people want to be teachers because teaching is not a lucrative profession.

More emphasis is put on material life than on spiritual life in modern society.

People do anything in their power to earn money to buy their houses, furniture, cars, etc.

People are trained to be acquisitive from an early age and are not considered successful unless they make good money.

People spend most of their lives struggling frantically to keep up with their neighbors.

Wealthy nations can succeed by offering their poorer talented neighbors bigger salaries.

Financial rewards for pop stars make many people envy them.

A desire to earn more money is nothing to be ashamed of.

Deng Xiao-ping said, "To get rich is glorious."

Being poor is not very much fun.

Being rich allows you to do what you want.

If you are rich, many people want you for a friend.

It is easier to marry well if you are wealthy.

Being wealthy allows you to enjoy life to the fullest.

The man who has the money makes the rules.

Nina
11-30-2005, 07:04 AM
So, where did you copy this from?

Sin Studly
11-30-2005, 07:05 AM
And why did you think it was insightful enough to post here? You're worthless, Trippy.