PDA

View Full Version : Italy!

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Who lives in italy? 'Cause Allison's father died, and she's going to his funeral, and invited me to go... Im not going to NY anymore. Im going to italy...maybe.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Nimrod In Town']Who lives in italy? 'Cause Allison's father died, and she's going to his funeral, and invited me to go... Im not going to NY anymore. Im going to italy...maybe.
How can you afford that? hell if she wants you to go make her pay. :D

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 12:34 PM
I won't make her pay. I could afford it, well my parents, but i don't know if i should go.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I was joking for the pay thing BTW, but yea, you should go to show her she means something to you and to support her :)

Betty
12-01-2005, 01:31 PM
If she wants you to go then you should if you have the means.

T-6005
12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
If she wants you to go then you should if you have the means.
I find something wrong with that, but I can't quite get what it is. Maybe it's the fact that he's going to end up following her around everywhere if he follows that idea.

That said, in this she's right. Even if, from what I remember, she lives in Guelph.

Original prankstA
12-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I was joking for the pay thing BTW, but yea, you should go to show her she means something to you and to support her :)
yeah, plus she's gonna need a shoulder to cry on

noodlesfan
12-01-2005, 02:45 PM
and Italy is the shiznit. I'd ask you to bring me back something if i knew you.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Nah, i don't think i'll go.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-01-2005, 03:26 PM
and Italy is the shiznit. I'd ask you to bring me back something if i knew you.
I'd bring a can of tuna.

Original prankstA
12-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I'd bring a can of tuna.
ha !

Italia311
12-01-2005, 04:46 PM
EEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hes going to Italia...very nice....where are you going? Maybe if you are going near where I am from I'll tell you to go somewhere cool!!!

the_offsprings_monkey
12-01-2005, 04:49 PM
ha !
Umm That's what I always give my mates as birthday presents. :rolleyes:

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Nimrod In Town']Nah, i don't think i'll go.

Why the fuck not? This is her father's funeral. You're going out with her, right? If you have the means to go and don't, that's going to make you look VERY bad.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 04:52 PM
EEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hes going to Italia...very nice....where are you going? Maybe if you are going near where I am from I'll tell you to go somewhere cool!!!

Im going to a place called "Genova"...

Tunb, but i don't want to .

nieh
12-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Why the fuck not? This is her father's funeral. You're going out with her, right? If you have the means to go and don't, that's going to make you look VERY bad.

Agreed. If she invited you to ITALY for her father's funeral, it means she wants you to be there.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Tunb, but i don't want to .

Well tough, you have to think about your girlfriend. It's not just about getting laid, you have to be supportive. This is her father we're talking about.

And anyway, Italy's an awesome country.

Italia311
12-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Ma, thats no where near me...NEVERRRRRR MIND.

I don't know why you wouldn't go. Although it is for a funeral it's a trip of a life time. You wont see any place like that in the United States.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Huh. I'll think about it. But i don't like it !

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-01-2005, 04:59 PM
You're really fucking insensitive and I feel sorry for your girlfriend.

Italia311
You're just scared of the funeral. Just fucking go..it will be worth it. TRUST ME.

WebDudette
I would go had my girfriend invited me wether it for a funeral or not Italy is pretty sweet.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Dude, it was all an act. Do you really think i'd miss out the chance to go to Italy?!

WebDudette
12-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Yes .

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Besides i already told her yes.

Italia, what's the best thing in Italy?

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, Lodat. That was, uh, hilarious.

ruf
12-01-2005, 05:08 PM
i like Sicily
i like Pizza
i like Lasagnia
i like Wine
i like Italy
its sun
its people.

0r4ng3
12-01-2005, 05:11 PM
. Not to mention that you're trying to get in her pants right?
He already has, supposedly. Remember, "You Got Served"?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah, Lodat. That was, uh, hilarious.

I know. ;)

TTiG, no. Not this time. That'd be sick.

Italia311
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Nimrod In Town']Besides i already told her yes.

Italia, what's the best thing in Italy?

ROME. Hands down. Best thing in Italy. I would say its the best city in the world but others will disagree...

So go there if you can. Take a train!!!

There are some cool historical ports and shit near you. I've never been though.

T-6005
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Nimrod In Town']

TTiG, no. Not this time. That'd be sick.
Actually, sex as a comforting thing is very common.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 05:18 PM
ROME. Hands down. Best thing in Italy. I would say its the best city in the world but others will disagree...

So go there if you can. Take a train!!!

There are some cool historical ports and shit near you. I've never been though.
I'd maybe go by trai. Maybe.

TTig, ohhh! Ok.

T-bone, seriously? That's freaking weird.

Im acting like a 12 year old.

T-6005
12-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Nimrod In Town']T-bone, seriously? That's freaking weird.

Im acting like a 12 year old.
It is true for some people. Not everyone. It's the human closeness factor, I think.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 05:26 PM
It is true for some people. Not everyone. It's the human closeness factor, I think.
Huh. I still wont do it, though.

T-6005
12-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Nimrod In Town']Huh. I still wont do it, though.
I'm not saying you should try to take advantage of her. I'm just saying some people react that way.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Oh, alright . You people made me not want to go ...

T-6005
12-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Well then you're entirely too impressionable. Especially by people on a message board.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Well then you're entirely too impressionable. Especially by people on a message board.
Well, the place where im going looks boring.

Betty
12-01-2005, 06:39 PM
I find something wrong with that, but I can't quite get what it is. Maybe it's the fact that he's going to end up following her around everywhere if he follows that idea.

That said, in this she's right. Even if, from what I remember, she lives in Guelph.

I was confused for a second because I didn't realize you were talking about me instead of TO me. So being in Guelph makes me more likely to be wrong? I guess I'm still confused.

Anyway, I don't think it's too wrong of a thing to say, because we ARE talking about her father's death, which is a pretty intense thing to go through (especially depending on the circumstances). I don't think he should feel obliged, but if it's a possibility, it would be a very nice thing to do as a boyfriend.

If I were the girlfriend and my father died, I would probably not invite my boyfriend, or at least not make him travel a huge distance, just because I really think I'd get more comfort out of my family in a situation like that, and it would be just weird to introduce a significant other into the mix. But that all depends on what the person is like.

barangatang
12-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm going to Italy in about 8 days. I'm going to venice, and in the winter it floods like a mother. I'm still really exited, It'll be my fourth time going. Italy is the best fucking place in the world. I love the culture, the scenery, and of course the food. If you go, make sure to visit genoa, thats where the wine's best.

T-6005
12-01-2005, 10:32 PM
I was confused for a second because I didn't realize you were talking about me instead of TO me. So being in Guelph makes me more likely to be wrong? I guess I'm still confused.

Anyway, I don't think it's too wrong of a thing to say, because we ARE talking about her father's death, which is a pretty intense thing to go through (especially depending on the circumstances). I don't think he should feel obliged, but if it's a possibility, it would be a very nice thing to do as a boyfriend.

If I were the girlfriend and my father died, I would probably not invite my boyfriend, or at least not make him travel a huge distance, just because I really think I'd get more comfort out of my family in a situation like that, and it would be just weird to introduce a significant other into the mix. But that all depends on what the person is like.
Yeah, sorry - you being in Guelph made me make a joke in bad taste.

But yeah - if you are the sort of person to invite your boyfriend, I don't think it's wrong to go. It is a way to prove your emotional connection - and the perfect way to do that is to stop caring about it and just show solidarity.

And to Lodat, some places are boring only depending on what you're looking for.

That Punk Kid You Love
12-01-2005, 10:45 PM
This is like when I went to France with Krissy when her gramps died. She was sad but I did my best to cheer her up. We had our first kiss on the view from the Eiffel Tower. We were playing "I Spy" and I said "I spy with my little eye something beautiful." her answer was "The tower?","No,you". I miss her,but atleast we had times like that.

T-6005
12-01-2005, 10:46 PM
This is like when I went to France with Krissy when her gramps died. She was sad but I did my best to cheer her up. We had our first kiss on the view from the Eiffel Tower. We were playing "I Spy" and I said "I spy with my little eye something beautiful." her answer was "The tower?","No,you". I miss her,but atleast we had times like that.
Lame times?

I've actually always wanted to do something like that in Paris.

Well, not like that, but something in Paris. Beautiful fucking city.

That Punk Kid You Love
12-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Lame times?

I've actually always wanted to do something like that in Paris.

Well, not like that, but something in Paris. Beautiful fucking city.

Well on the last night there before we came back to the US we threw stuff off the tower. I hit a car with a grapefruit and a few water balloons. I tried to pay some guy to take a shit off the tower but he wouldn't do it. Plus he didn't speak English.

T-6005
12-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Well on the last night there before we came back to the US we threw stuff off the tower. I hit a car with a grapefruit and a few water balloons. I tried to pay some guy to take a shit off the tower but he wouldn't do it. Plus he didn't speak English.
And then Americans bitch about Parisians being rude.

Tizzalicious
12-02-2005, 12:59 AM

Following her around? It's her fathers FUNERAL? Being there for her could hardlyt be called following her around. Plus she asked him to be there. So Nimrod, my advice: go. She asked you, she wants you there.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Following her around? It's her fathers FUNERAL? Being there for her could hardlyt be called following her around. Plus she asked him to be there. So Nimrod, my advice: go. She asked you, she wants you there.

Yeah, i know. We're going on the 16th, and coming back the 26th.

Tizzalicious
12-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Oh good, it's good that you decided to go.

Plus Italy is awesome.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Oh good, it's good that you decided to go.

Plus Italy is awesome.

Yeah, hope it is. I wont be home on Christmas, though...

T-6005
12-02-2005, 02:36 PM
I did support going. I was just talking about that piece of advice in general. In this particular instance, I'm for going. Just thought I'd clarify that.

Italia311
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Regradless...

The guy has an Italian lastname and he won't go to the very place responsible for his existance...

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Regradless...

The guy has an Italian lastname and he won't go to the very place responsible for his existance...

Who ... ? Me ...?

Italia311
12-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Yes I was talking to you!

Edit: Nevermind...you're going...BRAVO!!

the_offsprings_monkey
12-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I'd just go for the food.

Italia311
12-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Has anyone here ever had Polenta???

Thats the true Italian meal.

T-6005
12-02-2005, 03:23 PM
I'd go for the comic relief provided by Italians. They're almost 4-dimensional, those people.

Italia311
12-02-2005, 03:25 PM
What the hell does that even mean?

T-6005
12-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Very loud, very hand-waving based people. They fill up space.

Italia311
12-02-2005, 03:32 PM
hahahaha...

Its easyer to explain things with voice and movement...

T-6005
12-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm not arguing that - I just find that italians take it to a whole new level.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Very loud, very hand-waving based people. They fill up space.
They make god food tho.