PDA

View Full Version : And the most overrated band/artist of 2004 award goes to...

Floyd the Barber
12-02-2004, 02:28 PM
...toss-up between Usher (7 million duped and counting) and U2 (They should rename Vetigo "Nausea", cause that's what I'm feeling whenever I hear that faggoty-ass song)

Make your own pick

lousyskater
12-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Good Charlotte. honorable mention goes to Linkin Park.

Master of Puppets
12-02-2004, 03:13 PM
hmmm usher, outkast, eminem, good charlotte(way up there), story of the year

if anyone says velvet revolver or U2 are overrated

you just suck

lousyskater
12-02-2004, 03:32 PM

you just suck
w00t, i suck. they're very overrated.

Floyd the Barber
12-02-2004, 03:36 PM
hmmm usher, outkast, eminem, good charlotte(way up there), story of the year

you just suck

I guess I suck too. U2 is overrated, no matter how many chumps buy their records.

Velvet Revolver is overplayed, but they're still good.

Moose
12-03-2004, 12:04 AM
if you want to select bands...and actual real bands...id select three days grace...ok ill be honest i havent heard the album, but the 3 songs i have heard were all unoriginal, cliche', repetitive, and simple (but by accident), and yes i am including that song home that many people seem to like...i dont need to hear the album because i know it will suck...they are one of the reasons why real rock is bad today...they are considered a real rock band, no one takes shit bands like good charlotte seriously so they dont even deserve to be mention in the same breath as music, but some people believe three days grace is really good rock band...so i select them...maybe im being to harsh...but they are the worst real band out there...im not including shit like ashley simpson or good charlotte and shit like that...that is even more mindless and sad. man im a mean asshole.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-03-2004, 12:18 AM
How 'bout fucking Yellowcard???

Vera
12-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Floyd - Proud owner of 5 Offspring albums? Shouldn't you brag after you've got all their albums?

Floyd the Barber
12-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Floyd - Proud owner of 5 Offspring albums? Shouldn't you brag after you've got all their albums?

I ain't bragging - just stating a fact. And for the record (once again), I have all the songs from Conspiracy of One on my computer, but since I don't own the actual CD, I'm not gonna say 6. I've also heard about half the songs off their S/T.

wheelchairman
12-03-2004, 01:45 PM
I have all of their (the Offspring's) albums, so I can say for a fact that they are overrated.

Floyd the Barber
12-03-2004, 02:28 PM
I have all of their (the Offspring's) albums, so I can say for a fact that they are overrated.

ummmm...ok, I disagree, but whatever floats your boat.

The Offspring weren't really big this year, though.

bd007h
12-03-2004, 03:14 PM
I'd say that the Offspring is highly underrated. Several people seem to hate them.

Floyd the Barber
12-03-2004, 05:29 PM
I'd say that the Offspring is highly underrated. Several people seem to hate them.

Well, there are people who hate ANY band. But yeah, I don't see how anyone could call them "overrated". Who's "overrated" them? Going by the sales of Splinter, it seems like most people don't care about them at all nowadays...which is darn shame.

greencows12
12-03-2004, 06:26 PM
How 'bout fucking Yellowcard???lol I saw them in concert, they're good, except there were way too many people, and I heard the guy behind me say, " I keep hearing about this yellowcard, but I don't know who they are. I think I'll see them." Also, everyone was in the mosh pit, and one girl tried to crowd surf, but people didn't care, and the mosh pit was basically just people walking around. Afer that I saw a good band, the crowd was smaller, and I was the only one dancing or doing anything, but I didn't care, cause i'll only stay if the band is good. But then, one of the guys came and thanked me for coming to the concert, but I ended up yelling, "You're welcome", because I accidently stood too close to the huge yellowcard speaker, and I couldn't hear myself talk. Poor guy.:D

UgLy_eLf
12-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Got no clue, no TV, and I hate the radio, do they still play Nsync? I loved those guys

dirty_magic
12-04-2004, 02:57 PM
usher brings out a single, its shit and he wins awards at the european mtv awards.... hes not european and hes shite therefore hes slightly overated to say the least! linkin park and good charlotte - always been fucking awful and always will be! Eminem has always been overated! i would also add the rasmus but as nobody likes them they cant be overated! O year and the darkness are shite live so they are overated!