PDA

View Full Version : so it IS true..

JoY
12-01-2005, 05:56 PM
med students do take all sorts of prescription pills to take away some of the burden of life. how.. fucked up. if anyone else can get by perfectly well, why wouldn't they be able to?

I sat in the medical library today & suddenly one of my friends starts passing around the Ritalin. "here, helps you concentrate". maybe I'm uptight, or something, but I was definitely shocked. that stuff isn't something everyone should be taking just like that. you can't drive safely with it, you can't combine it with alcohol, in large amounts it can cause psychosis... & the worst thing was; they knew about every single side effect, so of course, they believed they were entirely on top of the situation & that it'd have no side effects on them. just the knowledge of what medication does.. doesn't make it any less harmful to you. it doesn't make you superman to know what the effect of Ritalin is. it doesn't make you any less stupid for abusing the medication, it actually makes you more stupid.

but I took one of those fuckers & it was the first time in my life I could concentrate for over ten minutes. in fact, I studied for 6 hours in a row. 6 hours without eating, drinking, peeing, nothing. when I felt concentration, I just needed to take advantage of it. I could feel bad for it, but eventually, if I want to, it'll be prescribed to me anyway.

noodlesfan
12-01-2005, 05:59 PM
i bought ritilin from a pharmacist a few times, she was hot and always snatching a few valium every now and then, so i was like "sure thing" and that is how the french lost the battle of 2121.

Offspring7
12-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Oh, that is not good. It might help you study, but are there long term side effects, such as cancer? Because I really wouldn't want you getting cancer. Do you think you'll be taking it again?

Betty
12-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh Bella, that sounds absolutely wonderful. Drugs are often everything they're made out to be and more... Unfortunately there's generally some reason you shouldn't take them... addition, side effects, etc.

Tiphani, if they caused cancer, wouldn't they not be prescribed on a regular basis? Besides, a lot of things cause cancer.

JoY
12-01-2005, 06:11 PM
lots of things cause cancer, but I don't think a relation between Ritalin & cancer has ever been proved, or even looked for. it just slightly affects your brainfunction, or well, the way it functions. I actually 'need' the stuff, medically seeing, but they just.. don't. at least not medically seeing. (for what that's worth) I mean, sure they're not exactly disciplined, but taking prescription drugs for it?? :/ one of them even said he had a friend with ADHD, because his Ritalin came in handy when he needed to study. holy fuck, that's just Ivil. my justice-alarm is ringing like crazy.

Nicole
12-01-2005, 06:14 PM
If you're going to take that stuff make sure you drink water. It's so easy to get dehydrated even if you don't feel like drinking. Chainsmoking is the only thing that makes me realise I need a drink.

Very easy to get addicted to those. Not physically, just behaviourally. "I've got lots of work to do and I feel wrecked" *pop*. Meh. Be careful with ADD meds. They're too useful and if you're not careful you'll find any excuse will do to take them. Heading out and feeling tired was the one that got me.

Offspring7
12-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Tiphani, if they caused cancer, wouldn't they not be prescribed on a regular basis? Besides, a lot of things cause cancer.

True. That is a good point.

Tizzalicious
12-02-2005, 12:41 AM
If you were that shocked, and thought it was stupid, why did you take one?

T-6005
12-02-2005, 12:46 AM
A preapproved medical reason?

Izie
12-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Prescription pills scare me :/ Isn't there anything else you could do?

Sin Studly
12-02-2005, 02:32 AM
Ritalin isn't really that addictive, you can mix it with alcohol, and the psychosis is caused by sleep-dep, not the drug. It's fine to take one once in a while as a study aid, but make sure you're really careful to only do it once in a long while.

And nic, Ritalin isn't the shit you take. The shit you take is far far worse. Druggy scum.

the_GoDdEsS
12-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Heh, I've had the pleasure to get to know a couple of pharmacists... They were freaks.

Vera
12-02-2005, 04:34 AM
In Bella's case I sort of understand it. I'm a lazy bitch and have trouble doing schoolwork because of that but I always eventually am able to focus on whatever I'm supposed to be doing but if it's seriously impossible for someone to do that, then medication may be understandable.

Sin Studly
12-02-2005, 04:36 AM
Only problem with using stims to do studies is you end up with an 58-page essay that makes no sense whatsoever.

sKratch
12-02-2005, 07:29 AM
I have a friend who started using aderol way too much and now she pops it all the time to get work done. le lame.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-02-2005, 07:32 AM
I hate Ritalin, it would make my stomach feel weird and would make me feel sick, so yea, it has side affects.

Preocupado
12-02-2005, 10:17 AM
well, just keep in mind that your behaviour under the effect of drugs is artificial. It's not consistent with your subjectivity.

JoY
12-02-2005, 11:25 AM
pretty much because of what Sanni & T-6005 said.

Sunny
12-02-2005, 11:45 AM
heh, ritalin. never tried it, but i know of a lot of people who take it on a regular basis.. unprescribed. in fact, most people i know at my school have done/do stimulants to finish projects... mostly adderol (crushed and snorted), and of course good ol cocaine.

Sin Studly
12-02-2005, 12:23 PM
In Australia we don't have that impure adderal crap. We have dextro sulfate instead. Hardcorez!

Sunny
12-02-2005, 12:26 PM
i've never done adderal or adderol or however you spell that. hmph. lame.

a confession, though: if cocaine was cheap, legal and didn't fuck up your health more than a can of redbull.. oh boy.

Sin Studly
12-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Adderal and ritalin are lame, but Dex is like, the best non-meth stimulant known to man. It makes cocaine look like baby-food.

Sinister
12-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Adderal and ritalin are lame, but Dex is like, the best non-meth stimulant known to man. It makes cocaine look like baby-food.

haha, wish I could get some of that shit.

Sunny
12-02-2005, 12:34 PM
why would you need anything better than cocaine? seriously.

Sin Studly
12-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Because cocaine is lame and shitty, perhaps?

Sunny
12-02-2005, 12:42 PM
i fail to see how, seeing as it was the most effective drug i've ever done, and it by far felt the best.

*shrugs*

Sin Studly
12-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Then obviously you've only ever done shitty drugs.

Sunny
12-02-2005, 12:48 PM
only the standard teenage ones, i suppose.

i have no desire to try anything better.

Vera
12-02-2005, 01:02 PM
This is another "I wish Holland would fight the good fight"-thing but SHIT I thought you were talking about Dexter Holland for a moment there.

Ofspring is my anti-drug!!11

T-6005
12-02-2005, 01:13 PM
This is another "I wish Holland would fight the good fight"-thing but SHIT I thought you were talking about Dexter Holland for a moment there.

Ofspring is my anti-drug!!11
That was definitely one of my most embarrassing moments.

Sin Studly
12-02-2005, 01:37 PM

Offspring makes me so psyched up I almost kick my mom right in the face.

Betty
12-02-2005, 07:11 PM
i've never done adderal or adderol or however you spell that. hmph. lame.

a confession, though: if cocaine was cheap, legal and didn't fuck up your health more than a can of redbull.. oh boy.

I think I want to try cocaine at some point. I've never had one of those awkard should I do it/should I not do it moments yet though.

JoY
12-05-2005, 11:37 AM
same here. don't know if I actually would want to try it, though. somehow I have the feeling I've already caused my body enough damage. mostly I'm just scared I'll like it. just like when I thought; "ah bwah, I'll try a cigarette. I won't like it anyway", but less innocent.

Sin Studly
12-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Meh, don't do coke. It's lame and addictive.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Joy, do you know how many mg you took? When I was in middle school I had a prescription and I took 10mg and I never really noticed a difference, but I thought maybe that was because I didn't have that much to focus on back then. Or maybe I just wasn't observant. Anyway, over Thanksgiving break I noticed an old bottle of it, and I've taken 10mg a couple of times and still haven't noticed a difference. Right before I started typing this I just popped 20mg. I've gotta study tons of shit tonight. Eep.

Sunny
12-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Betty and Bella - honestly, if i were you, i'd stay away from it. it's extremely addictive, to a point where it actually gets *scary*. Personally, to me, it was an amazing feeling and the best high ever... which is terrifying cause 1) it feels so good and 2) you end up wanting more and more. Coming down from it is also the ultimate suck... it would usually take me a day/day and a half to feel normal again. And a lot of people don't even enjoy it all that much... my husband did it once and it made him all shaky and miserable... and he still felt like ass for a day afterwards.

I don't do it anymore, and I wish i'd never tried it... :/ and i also wish it wasn't present at every fucking party i attend.

blah.

T-6005
12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Betty and Bella - honestly, if i were you, i'd stay away from it. it's extremely addictive, to a point where it actually gets *scary*. Personally, to me, it was an amazing feeling and the best high ever... which is terrifying cause 1) it feels so good and 2) you end up wanting more and more. Coming down from it is also the ultimate suck... it would usually take me a day/day and a half to feel normal again. And a lot of people don't even enjoy it all that much... my husband did it once and it made him all shaky and miserable... and he still felt like ass for a day afterwards.

Yeah, I've avoided most hard drugs like the plague - I'm afraid I'd enjoy it too much and keep wanting more.

Sin Studly
12-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Meth = Ribeye steak
Coke = Pureed Babyfood

the_offsprings_monkey
12-06-2005, 04:00 AM
Funny thing is meth is cheaper then coke... I think.

JoY
12-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Justin & sunnies - don't worry. =) like I said; I'm not really planning on using it. knowing me, it would be THE most unwise decision ever. a lot of people I know & around me do use it, but as it's not the most respected drug out there (basically, in the circles I go, only alcohol is), they keep that habit to themselves & don't go around snorting snow. so I barely ever encounter cocaine & if I do, I just walk away shrugging. of course the highs I get from little good things in life can't be compared to the high you get from hard drugs, but it's good enough for me. I'd be risking too much, if I ever chose to do cocaine.

XY - I don't know how many mg it was. it was just a pill. I don't even know if it had any effect at all. maybe it was just the knowledge of having taken a pill for concentration, that helped me focuss. the mind is rather powerful & can easily trick you into thinking your body responded to chemicals. like when a friend of mine rolled some tobacco & told someone it was weed. he smoked it & honestly seemed truly stoned, when it was biologically seeing rather impossible.

anyway, all I know is that I normally can't focuss on anything over ten minutes without getting thoroughly exhausted. even silence can distract me. & the way I study is extremely inefficient, since I pick up almost anything that's in a studybook without actually seeing the greater picture & seperating what's important from what isn't. seven hours of studying in a row was for me an absolute break-through. the funny thing is, now I know it's possible & that it's also possible for me, I barely need the whole pill at all anymore. two days after I studied so hard (hard, lolz), I picked up my study-book & studied for almost four hours. with small breaks & stuff, but still. yay! ;D

Betty
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm honestly not scared of the addiction.

I'm more just scared of getting into some sorta trouble at the time... or possibly the coming down part.

But saying "don't do it... best high ever... " it's stuff like that that makes me way too curious.

Nicole
12-06-2005, 10:16 PM
And nic, Ritalin isn't the shit you take. The shit you take is far far worse. Druggy scum.

I know that they're not the same thing. That's why I said ADD meds, not dex or ritalin. Same fucking rules apply with hydration. Anything like that you have to know the basic things to do to make it safer (not safe as such). This is something you need to learn about too because I've seen you get that wrong before.

I thought ritalin was worse but having never tried it I don't know.

Sin Studly
12-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Fuck you, we were stuck in that godawful fucked up retarded neighbourhood that didn't seem to have heard of things called "shops" and I'd gone like, 12 hours drinking nothing but alcohol. That was circumstance only, if I knew places existed where nobody knew what a fucking shop was I would have drunk water before we bailed from that stupid fucking mansion place.

Nicole
12-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Not that time we went to blackwood. That was before either of us knew better (I don't think I've ever got as fucked as I did those 2 nights ever again). But I'm saying beer and other alcohols don't count as hydration because they dehydrate. And I know you have a tendency to do that.

Oh well, my boy who is like the preacher of "you can do your drugs if you know what to do" Often only drinks beer. Must be a guy thing.

That place with no shops was so fucked up. I couldn't place when that was until now.

Sin Studly
12-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Your boy is an idiot, he puts up with Ti's shit. Which looks bad for me, I know, but at least I can say I don't anymore.

Nicole
12-07-2005, 01:41 AM
He doesn't do that anymore. You see her more often than he does. We just seem to find her at the pub.

It's actually our fault that she's not crying on his shoulder anymore becaue of the whole "you told everyone I was dead" thing. I'm really grateful because to be honest it was so irritating. I've never seen a persons mobile phone hit the wall so many times in one night. And that was when she was an old friend and I was just this new person.

Don't insult my boy. You could have at least made a goth reference.

Sin Studly
12-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Heh, all I had to do to get away from her friendship was get wasted and punch one of her neighbours. Lolz.