PDA

View Full Version : most boring band

offspring fan
12-02-2005, 06:51 AM
what is the most boring band you have ever heard?
i think coldplay and oasis are damn boring. boring lyriks and boring music. zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

igniton/pyro
12-02-2005, 09:29 AM
tool. i have never heard so boring music in my hole life. a friend of me loves them i dont know why

I don't know
12-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I find coldplay so boring, I don't know how there are so many people who love coldplay

ruroken
12-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Obviously, if they're boring, then I wouldn't remember them. But here's two bands that I do remember for something other than being boring.

Deep Blue Something

Denali

I find coldplay so boring, I don't know how there are so many people who love coldplay
Yeah, see? I forgot all about them.

Yatesy
12-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Coldpay are boring, as for calling Tool boring, I can't see how you find them boring but meh, each to their own. Another boring act is David Gray, if his music was a colour, it would be grey!

bd007h
12-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Coldplay could be the cure for Insomnia. Oasis, on the other hand, kicks ass.

bd007h
12-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Puddle Of Mudd, as far as I've heard from singles.

this coming from a RAP fan. :rolleyes:

(I'm not really crazy about them either though)

Rossj1989
12-02-2005, 01:14 PM
definatly coldplay

Jakebert
12-02-2005, 01:21 PM
TRAPT
Nickelback
The Clarks
Godsmack
Korn
Coldplay
Incubus

Many, many more.

ruroken
12-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Incubus

What do you like? Hmm...the exact same sounding bands? Are you against creativity? You must be. Oh, and please, die soon.

Jakebert
12-02-2005, 01:25 PM
How is Incubus creative? They sound like ever other straight-ahead rock band I've ever heard.

Kerr
12-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I admit, I do like several Coldplay and Oasis songs and the Strokes are fairly good, but they are fairly boring too. The Rakes are also too mediocre, like most new-wave "indie" bands. Yawn.

Slipknot are also very boring - the shouting doesn't bother me so much in The Subliminal Verses (alongside the odd rare song of theirs) and Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat. (the shouting in the other two albums is just fucking awful and repulsive), but it is very hard to distinguish between the songs. For me anyway.

Yatesy
12-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Haha, yeah Slipknot are stupidly boring. Their songs are really similar and hard to distinguish. As for the Incubus mention, are you nuts!? They are an original band who have manage to come up with a new sound for every album they have done.

coke_a_holic
12-02-2005, 02:15 PM
The Killers. Any song they have ever made sounds like every single song they have ever made.

Jakebert
12-02-2005, 02:15 PM
My ex-girlfriend was obsessed with them, and I've heard everything they've done. Yes, each album does sound slightly different, but it's nothing new or original. I'm not saying they suck, but they arn't as original as you guys think they are.

ruroken
12-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah, they are. Way different. Maybe you're just listening to wrong...or not paying enough attention...or something.
Oh well, though, I can see now that you aren't a POS. :)

Jakebert
12-02-2005, 02:30 PM
No, they really arn't. Everything that they do has been done before lots of times.

original_prankster
12-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Coldplay, Bad Religion after 1993, Nickelback, Savage Garden... A few more that I can't remember.

EDIT:
I forgot about those. Hehe. :D

Jakebert
12-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Coldplay, Bad Religion after 2000, Nickelback, Savage Garden... A few more that I can't remember.

I don't completely agree with the Bad Religion one. The Grey Race, No Substance, and New America were all really boring, but the 2 newest ones wern't that boring. The Empire Strikes First is a tad boring, but The Process of Belief isn't.

ashtray_girl_1
12-02-2005, 04:33 PM
TRAPT
Nickelback
The Clarks
Godsmack
Korn
Coldplay
Incubus

Many, many more.

u2
rem
oasis
kasabian
green day (american idiot)

GBH2
12-02-2005, 04:45 PM
too many to decide

ashtray_girl_1
12-02-2005, 05:08 PM
forgot about every shitty boy-band

us5...i hate thos guys

XYlophonetreeZ
12-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm probably the least likely person on the board to be coming to ruroken's defense it this matter because I hate Incubus. Just hate 'em. And I've often professed my hatred of them on this board. But they're not boring. And they're not unoriginal. And what they do HASN'T been done a million times before (I really liked the examples you gave to back that up, by the way). My problems with Incubus are that even though they're pretty original, what they do just doesn't work in my opinion. They try too hard to make stuff unique and wind up with a nonmusical mess. And I hate Brandon Boyd's voice and those stupid giant holes in his ears. If you're going to criticize a band, do it for the right reasons.

bd007h
12-02-2005, 05:22 PM
rem
oasis

you've got to be kidding.

All About Eve
12-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Jakebert, you're an idiot. I'm probably the least likely person on the board to be coming to ruroken's defense it this matter because I hate Incubus. Just hate 'em. And I've often professed my hatred of them on this board. But they're not boring. And they're not unoriginal. And what they do HASN'T been done a million times before (I really liked the examples you gave to back that up, by the way). My problems with Incubus are that even though they're pretty original, what they do just doesn't work in my opinion. They try too hard to make stuff unique and wind up with a nonmusical mess. And I hate Brandon Boyd's voice and those stupid giant holes in his ears. If you're going to criticize a band, do it for the right reasons.

Thank you for posting that and not making me type it all out.

Has anyone mentioned Death Cab for Cutie?

All About Eve
12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
u2
rem
oasis
green day (american idiot)

I don't agree with any of that. No matter how much you hate them, they aren't boring. Green Day's old stuff is more monotonous than American Idiot is. And U2 and REM are both VERY diverse bands who have expiremented in many ways over their careers. Oasis I can somewhat understand for their older stuff, but they've started moving out now.

By the way, I hate U2 and new Green Day.

nieh
12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
And they're not unoriginal. And what they do HASN'T been done a million times before (I really liked the examples you gave to back that up, by the way).

Faith No More + Primus + a smidge of Mr. Bungle = Incubus. Even Brandon Boyd's singing style is a total ripoff of Mike Patton (though Patton has about 30 other singing styles that he's constantly switching between...). No, it hasn't been done a million times, but it has been done before. I love all their influences, so I should like them, but I really don't. They're alright sometimes but generally speaking they don't have the discipline required for the spaztic stuff they try for and just end up stringing a bunch of random crap together.

Revolver-2005?
12-02-2005, 07:40 PM
i like coldplay...its a nice change of pace from my usual break neck paced music...

but i think most rap is boring

dain84
12-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Coldplay
Radiohead

pretty fly 88
12-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Pink Floyd is easily the most boring band of all time.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-02-2005, 08:49 PM

Please discontinue breathing.

bd007h
12-02-2005, 08:51 PM

you should be banned from ever expressing your musical opinions ever again.

pretty fly 88
12-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Geez, and you guys tell me to respect your opinions. How ironic.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-02-2005, 09:29 PM
You shouldn't be allowed to have one.

bd007h
12-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I consider rap to be the most boring genre of music. there's almost no melody or tone change.

Jebus
12-02-2005, 09:44 PM
I think rap is the most exciting music around. I just don't like it much.

The eccentric cat
12-02-2005, 09:51 PM
you should be banned from ever expressing your musical opinions ever again.
Hahahaha. I don't know why, but that line is really funny. That's going straight to my sig :D . No band seems really boring to me, unless i'm entertained by the stupidest/boring things. But sometimes Classical loses its touch (yes, I listen to Beethoven and other Classical music).

Endymion
12-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Faith No More + Primus + a smidge of Mr. Bungle = Incubus. Even Brandon Boyd's singing style is a total ripoff of Mike Patton (though Patton has about 30 other singing styles that he's constantly switching between...). No, it hasn't been done a million times, but it has been done before. I love all their influences, so I should like them, but I really don't. They're alright sometimes but generally speaking they don't have the discipline required for the spaztic stuff they try for and just end up stringing a bunch of random crap together.
nieh = correct. plus i'd heard at least two dozen local bands that sound like incubus before they were plastered all over the radio. incubus was just one of the first bands with that sort of sound to "make it big" or whatever.

Dexter Powerhead
12-03-2005, 06:50 AM
if you all want something boring download a song(dont matter which.....all are really boring) of HOMBRES G or G MANS translated to english.........its the most boring spanish band.........but the worst fact it's that here in spain they're popular since 80'.............and if you want to have fun and laugh a lot for 2 or 3 minutes i recommend you to download a videoclip

FUCK G MANS

Yatesy
12-03-2005, 01:44 PM

I agree with that post for probably the first 2 ablums when they were more Rap-rock, but now they don't really sound like that anymore. I don't ever think of Faith No More when I slap on A Crow Left Of The Murder or Morning View.

Jakebert
12-03-2005, 02:12 PM
For the kid that said Pink Floyd, seriously, stop listening to music because you know nothing about it.

As for the Incubus thing, so many bands sound almost exactly like them, so I really fail to see any real originality in them. The first time I heard Hoobastank, I thought it was a new Incubus song.

And Yatesy, how is their newer stuff more original than the older stuff? The 2 newest CD's are the most generic yet. A Crow Left of The Murder is one of the most boring albums that I've ever wasted money on. Morning View does have a few decent songs, but overall, it's just lame.

Sweeet
12-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I agree for Coldplay...I hate them,all their song are alikes it's horrible

Lithuanian Offspring
12-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Booze-Licking Pussy-Snuffers! Suck ass..

XYlophonetreeZ
12-03-2005, 03:09 PM
As for the Incubus thing, so many bands sound almost exactly like them, so I really fail to see any real originality in them. The first time I heard Hoobastank, I thought it was a new Incubus song.

I agree, they sound a lot alike, but it doesn't prove anything about whether Incubus is original because they've been around a lot longer than Hoobastank. It was Hoobastank that ripped Incubus off.

Yatesy
12-03-2005, 03:20 PM
And Yatesy, how is their newer stuff more original than the older stuff? The 2 newest CD's are the most generic yet. A Crow Left of The Murder is one of the most boring albums that I've ever wasted money on. Morning View does have a few decent songs, but overall, it's just lame.

You just basically mis-read my post. I said that their newer stuff doesn't remind me of Faith No More. They're newer stuff is different from their older stuff as I stated in my post and it is different from everything out there these days.

Jakebert
12-03-2005, 03:21 PM
But a lot of other bands that came out at the same time or earlier sound the exact same as them.

Yatesy
12-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Name some.

Cejus
12-03-2005, 04:11 PM
mmmh, for me, the most boring bands are Led Zeppelin, Coldplay, Radiohead... they're mostly overrated, IMO. I know that most people love these bands, but it's just my opinion.

China Boy
12-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Monster Magnet.
They use the same riff in like half of their songs.

Jakebert
12-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Name some.

The newer stuff sounds a lot like crappy bands like Alien Ant Farm, Deftones (some of it, although I could see someone disagreeing with that one), Audioslave, and basically most of the non-emo "alternative" bands on the radio. And before you say those bands just ripped them off, they were doing a lot of this stuff before Incubus stopped with the rappish stuff.

All About Eve
12-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned White Stripes?

0r4ng3
12-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Trust me, it's implied.

All About Eve
12-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Trust me, it's implied.

Well it has to be mentioned once, if only for the sake of insult.

pretty fly 88
12-03-2005, 05:59 PM
mmmh, for me, the most boring bands are Led Zeppelin, Coldplay, Radiohead... they're mostly overrated, IMO. I know that most people love these bands, but it's just my opinion.
Those bands have some songs that are exciting. Led Zeppelin Rock And Roll is one of the most fun songs of all time.

All About Eve
12-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Those bands have some songs that are exciting. Led Zeppelin Rock And Roll is one of the most fun songs of all time.

Thank you for your opinion, now leave his alone.

pretty fly 88
12-03-2005, 06:02 PM
For the kid that said Pink Floyd, seriously, stop listening to music because you know nothing about it.

That could be the shittiest post in the whole thread, although it has some tough competition.

All About Eve
12-03-2005, 06:03 PM
That could be the shittiest post in the whole thread, although it has some tough competition.

Was there a point to your post?

Edit: to your existence?

pretty fly 88
12-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Was there a point to your post?

Edit: to your existence?
I could ask you the very same question.

offspring fan
12-03-2005, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Jakebert]The newer stuff sounds a lot like crappy bands like Audioslave QUOTE]
go and burn in hell.

Endymion
12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
go and burn in hell.
correctness isn't a sin.

offspring fan
12-03-2005, 06:42 PM
correctness isn't a sin.
yess it is

Jakebert
12-03-2005, 09:39 PM

Trust me kid, there's not one post in this entire thread as dumb as your Pink Floyd statement. Well, maybe aside from the one I quoted.

Offspring-Fanatic
12-03-2005, 10:35 PM

coldplay is SOOOOOOO wonderful. they are THE BEST band to fall asleep to!! :p

0r4ng3
12-03-2005, 10:37 PM
That is so true. Whenever I hear Coldplay, I want to fall asleep, and never wake up.

Offspring-Fanatic
12-03-2005, 10:37 PM
The newer stuff sounds a lot like crappy bands like Alien Ant Farm,

what...the...hell? AAF is absolutely brilliant! on our announcements, i played an AAF song, and the guys who worked on them were so happy that we finally played some stuff with an electric guitar in it! I think we played the song Courage...

Offspring-Fanatic
12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
That is so true. Whenever I hear Coldplay, I want to fall asleep, and never wake up.

i know its so great! it's like the cure for imsomnia! especially the song "The Scientist"

Offspring-Fanatic
12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=Jakebert]The newer stuff sounds a lot like crappy bands like Audioslave QUOTE]
go and burn in hell.

he needs to burn in hell for saying that about AAF too!!

0r4ng3
12-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Damn, just reading the name "Coldplay" just makes me want to doze off...

bd007h
12-03-2005, 11:44 PM
it's like the cure for imsomnia!

didn't I say that?

Offspring-Fanatic
12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
didn't I say that?

i dont think so...i havent read the whole thread, but i thought we just started talking about coldplay on the last page :confused:

bd007h
12-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Coldplay could be the cure for Insomnia. Oasis, on the other hand, kicks ass.

6th post of the thread

0r4ng3
12-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Yeah, but did you mention that Coldplay is the cure for insomnia?!

Jakebert
12-04-2005, 09:44 AM
what...the...hell? AAF is absolutely brilliant! on our announcements, i played an AAF song, and the guys who worked on them were so happy that we finally played some stuff with an electric guitar in it! I think we played the song Courage...

This board may have the worst taste in music than any other board I've ever been to. AAF is horrible. A friend of mine burnt me their first CD like a year ago, and it was one of the lamest things I've ever heard, from the generic guitar playing, to the obnoxious vocals.

But then again, if the guys who do your announcements like them, they must be brilliant. :rolleyes:

That_Guy91
12-04-2005, 10:13 AM
I like AAF, but i admit that a lot of their stuff is kinda crappy. i like about 2/3 of the first album and, like, 3 songs off the second one.

<<Angry Kid>>
12-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Cant be bothered to find out if this has been said yet but KEANE are really boring, feel free to agree with me :cool:

All About Eve
12-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Cant be bothered to find out if this has been said yet but KEANE are really boring, feel free to agree with me :cool:

Except I don't.

Betty
12-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Bands like Radiohead and Pink Floyd should at the very least be appreciated, if not thorougly enjoyed. They're got a lot of stuff going on, and some very UNboring elements amidst possible boring moments. Coldplay to a lesser extent, but I think they have a little something to offer as well.

The White Stripes? Are pretty fantastic. And most definitely not boring.

Bands that I consider really boring I'm not even familiar enough with... but generally the slow metally type stuff is pretty blah. Like when the singer is kinda whispery-screamy. And stuff that is just so dissonent that there is no element of melody left. And a lot of the newer rock bands in general (Nickleback genre).

coke_a_holic
12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
All of those screaming-death-emo-throatdestruction bands are boring. I just don't understand how people can distinguish "Holy Jesus My Heart is Breaking Due To Loss of Soul!" and "Oh My God I Can't Help But Scream Because She Left Me Again."

Yatesy
12-04-2005, 03:28 PM
To put it brief, emo bands.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-04-2005, 08:45 PM
"My Doorbell" is one of my guilty pleasures.

All About Eve
12-04-2005, 09:38 PM
"My Doorbell" is one of my guilty pleasures.

I've never heard it, but I'm sure I could listen to any of their songs and come close.