PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Memories

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-03-2005, 08:36 AM
'Tis the season.

Thought I would try and raise awareness about this Holiday, don't know if any you guys noticed but Christmas is coming up soon. It's a holiday where people decorate their houses obnoxiusly with lights and colorful socks, beat the hell out of people in the mall for expensive merchandise, and then gather together with family members to exchange these things they have maimed over and for your family members to tell how much of a disappointment to the family you are, while your grandmother cooks extremely fatting cakes and hams.

But I digress, the point of this thread is to tell us of your Christmas horror or fun stories.

I am currently staring at a fruit cake that is older than me. I plan to kill Santa with it, and then take his stuff.

Tizzalicious
12-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Christmas is actually usually really nice at my place. A lot of people complain about how things have to be nice, how they have to have fun with their family, which makes things awkward and people start fighting, etc. That never happened here. It's always genuinely nice. Everyone just gets a long, and there's none of this "we have to be nice" pressure, we just act like we always do. I love Christmas.

We usually spend it with my aunt & uncle and cousins, which is always a lot of fun.

This year will be the first time I'm not home, but I'm not too worried about that. I'll be with Per, so I'll be happy. My poor parents though, my sister moved out, and I won't be there, so they'll be all ronery.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Oh crap! I forgot im not going to be here on Christmas! Damn. I have to save my fruit-cake for next year.

Tizzalicious
12-03-2005, 09:08 AM
They have Santa's in Italy too. I suppose.

defy me
12-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Christmas here is annoying but nice. We have a big family (even bigger with the step family) so everyone rushes about and things get out of hand (like burning the turkey, christmas tree falling over...etc). But in the end I really enjoy it because without all the madness it wouldnt be a Christmas to me.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-03-2005, 09:16 AM
They have Santa's in Italy too. I suppose.

Yeah, but my dad still dresses up as santa to my little sister. Grr. And i can't throw anyone a fruit cake in Italy.

the_GoDdEsS
12-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Way too overhyped and too early. They're kinda ruining it for me. I used to love it as a kid too much, now Christmas gets me too nostalgic. And we used to have a real tree back then, it smelt soooo good.

Izie
12-03-2005, 10:03 AM
No Christmas = no memories, HA.

Well we do have Christmas, but in a whole different meaning/tradition, it's nothing like this. Nothing AT ALL. It's just like a regular family dinner, with lots of silly traditions, heh. And it's much more religious i'd say.

Betty
12-03-2005, 10:53 AM
-Christmas shopping in the insane malls
-Baking shortbread cookies at my grandma's (but not going to happen anymore...)
-Decorating the house and Christmas tree like three days before the 25th, generally while listening to Boney M's Christmas album (best ever)
-Christmas eve mass (luckily one of the only ones I have to go to in a year now, good songs at least though)
-Christmas eve driving around looking at Christmas lights
-Christmas eve at my aunt's house - lots of food (cheese, crackers, deserts, pumpernickel/spinach dip!), a few drinks, hanging out with cousins - but not this year as they will be on some caribbean vacation
-Christmas morning gift opening in pjs and my dad often filming on video camera, waking up with a stocking on the end of my bed that my parents always magically put there without me noticing (luckily the kids are old enough and we don't wake up at 5AM anymore - now my parents have to drag us out of bed)
-Christmas day doing a whole lot of nothing - awesome
-Christmas day dinner - not turkey cause chicken is better, we usually have cornish hens
-Winter activities (walks, toboganning, snowmobiling, skiing, etc)
-New Years party - very mixed crowd of friends, family, neighbours - bonfire - running through the snow in barefeet at midnight
-Card games, coronas, caesars, and Carling light

That's Christmas in a nutshell.

nieh
12-03-2005, 11:00 AM
This year will be the first time I'm not home, but I'm not too worried about that. I'll be with Per, so I'll be happy. My poor parents though, my sister moved out, and I won't be there, so they'll be all ronery.

Or you'll be getting a new sibling for Christmas.

Anya82
12-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Aaww! i remember my last Xmas...

we got up on Xmas morning, had breakfast , and my mom told my dad to leave the house cause she didn't want to see him again.....

what a lovely xmas....