PDA

View Full Version : Making records for money?

Nitro Punk
10-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Do u think the offspring r moving this way?
Im confused!I mean in splinter there is such a variety of songs pop,ska,punk,hard rock...Sometimes i think they r workin for money but then i think that in the past they were original to their sound...I don't know maybe they r trying to get more records sales and that begun i think after Americana ...Dexter always says he wanted to mix up the things a little bit(yeah that seems a little weird to me)
Anyways... i just wanted to say my opinion ,i love the offspring anyway! :cool:

Subsidal
10-22-2004, 05:20 PM
No, I really don't think so

RonWelty
10-22-2004, 05:22 PM
no ..see the lack of promotion to the last album ..if they wanted to make money , as first and only aim , they would promote it better

Gordie
10-22-2004, 05:23 PM
i agree i dont think the offspring are just doing it for money.. they do it because they love it, if they didnt, i dont think theyd still be around 20 years later

Little_Miss_1565
10-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Do u think the offspring r moving this way?
Im confused!I mean in splinter there is such a variety of songs pop,ska,punk,hard rock...Sometimes i think they r workin for money but then i think that in the past they were original to their sound...I don't know maybe they r trying to get more records sales and that begun i think after Americana ...Dexter always says he wanted to mix up the things a little bit(yeah that seems a little weird to me)
Anyways... i just wanted to say my opinion ,i love the offspring anyway! :cool:

Honestly, everyone would like to make money off of a record they make, especially when you're on a major label and that's much harder because the label may front the money for recording, but it's all gotta get paid back before the band gets paid. Also, to my knowledge, the band doesn't have "real jobs"...oh wait, there's Nitro. Nevermind.

What does it matter what their motivation is now? "Punk rock" by the book can get boring. I know I got bored as hell with it.

meaning_of_life
10-22-2004, 09:26 PM
i like the different variety of songs, every album they release they sound a little different, which is not bcos they sell out but they want to experiment with different sounds 2 avoid geting boring

The_Eggman
10-22-2004, 09:29 PM
the offspring would never make an album just for money! it's not like them at all.

NeonEyedSyko
10-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Dood.. no.. just.. no.

Okay, first of all, let's think about it. The Offspring have been making music for like, 2 decades. And they're still incredibly famous. It's because they try new things.

Now, no offense, but if they did the same style for 7 albums, I would be sick of them. In Splinter, they're just experimenting and trying to keep their fans interested.

And while Splinter isn't my favorite album, I really like it because it's all different and such with ska and that one "When You're In Prison Song." (By the way, that's really fun to sing in public all loud.)

psimate
10-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Little_Miss got right!
i wanna get some money for my album,who doesnt?
i wanna play on a big stage on front of 10000-20000 people!!!!
is it bad? i dont think so!!!
they just tried sometimes something new,thats all i think!
:cool:

Subsidal
10-23-2004, 02:35 AM
Everyone wants recognition for that what they do. The musicans get it with the selling of their CD's, so it's normal that they want to sell their CD's, but that doesn't mean that they make music to get money, that only means that they're human & want some recognition for that what they enjoy to do.

Gabriel
10-23-2004, 02:46 AM
well... they sometimes make 1 or 2 songs just fot money, rest songs are great. You know what? I think most of us (but not me) sterted from 'pretty crap'...

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 02:47 AM
they should do a album from Nitro Records

Subsidal
10-23-2004, 02:53 AM
Of course, I also started with that. So what? Before that I liked the Backstreet Boys, after I heard that song I started with punk & now a days I'm really into "self-made" music. And what's so bad about that?
If you want lot of people to see what you did you need a bit public/promotion. So do Green Peace & their work is good, just for example -lol

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 03:02 AM
their work is good? :C

Subsidal
10-23-2004, 03:03 AM
lol.. well.. at least I thought so..

Heat
10-23-2004, 03:59 AM
hm... everyone wants money....

but i think the offspring have actually enough money, so you cant say that splinter has such a style cause they want earn money

its a dream of me also had such a big band... but not only cause i want to get louds of money....
it must be so great if millions of people jump around, have fun and sing YOUR lyrics...

Obie2trice
10-23-2004, 04:05 AM
It`s simple: Offspring is signed to Columbia. Columbia is making promotion for the records and is handling all sort of things for his bands. They won`t do this because they like the band so much, It`s all about money. So if Offspring don`t sell anymore Columbia will dump them. I think the Offspring is not making records for money, because they have enough money by now. But they have to sell records to can continue.

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 04:39 AM
i think splinter is the last album in the contract ....

Obie2trice
10-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Yeah I think you are right about that, maybe they signed for more records?

Nitro Punk
10-23-2004, 06:16 AM
Yes!Splinter was the last record on columbia but maybe they resign.
I'm not the one who will tell the band what to do so i better let all these things to the offspring!I 'm happy with what they did so far!(xept Rons quit)

I'm sure their next work(record) will rock anyway
Can 't wait for some new stuff... :cool:

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 06:25 AM
shows with ron are boring ... atom brings a lot more energy

Zee
10-23-2004, 06:28 AM
Well, if Splinter was the last record in the contract, it seems they did resign a new one, because when I asked from Sony about a new album and Greatest Hits, I got answer for both.

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 06:30 AM
uhh.... i had hopes that they will put an album with nitro :(

Zee
10-23-2004, 06:35 AM
uhh.... i had hopes that they will put an album with nitro :(

Nah, it's much more easier with Sony for such a huge band I guess.

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 06:36 AM
sure it is !

JediJoel
10-23-2004, 07:19 AM
an album with nitro would rock, but they get alot more promotion and shit with Columbia( Ithink its Columbia correct me if im wrong)

PresidentKiller
10-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Yes, it is Columbia.

I think that The Offspring are making music because they like to do it. After a lot of years, if the only reason for making music was to make money, I think that they would be really boring of it by now.

BobdaAlkoholic
10-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Why would you prefer it on Nitro? I think its Columbia in the US and SOny in Australia

Vera
10-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Nitro is a small, independent label. I don't think it would be possible for Offspring to release an album on Nitro, as Nitro couldn't deal with such a large order. After all, Offspring are an internationally successful band, so people all over the world would be buying the record.

As for Offspring making music just for money. Well, just listen to the music. I thought Splinter was an album good enough to have been made for other than the need for some dough.

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 04:00 PM
nitro has some representative partners in japan and in europe :D