PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Greatest hits Album!?

Guitarass
12-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Are they going to release a greatest hits album?

go to www.cdon.se and search for Offspring, then choose, "Offspring, The"
Then you will see they are having a greatest hits cd coming up, is this true? :confused:

Offspring_01
12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Yes, its true. Its supposed to be coming out mid/late next year.

offsprung
12-02-2004, 04:17 PM
can't wait til it comes out

Lars
12-02-2004, 04:24 PM
What an unfortunate thing to be sucked into the greatest hits trend.

willferno
12-02-2004, 04:26 PM
well it's suposed to be released the 27/12/04 but I don't think it's true... I hope so but it's too early cuz I even heard rumors this week that they were going to release Spare me the details single before...

GBH2
12-02-2004, 04:32 PM
i dont think they should've made a Greatest hits cd. We've all heard the songs, and i'd rather them not waste time on one so they can come out with a new CD a.s.a.p.

willferno
12-02-2004, 04:43 PM
i dont think they should've made a Greatest hits cd. We've all heard the songs, and i'd rather them not waste time on one so they can come out with a new CD a.s.a.p.

I agree with you but I think that they aren't doing the greatest hits for the fans... but to have new fans... like a lot of bands did, it's just a way to make money and not being forget... and we have to expect their new song in it to be really commerical

Jakebert
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. As already said, I would prefer hearing another new album, with as short as Splinter was, it kind of left me wanting more. And if they do a greatest hits album, that'll give them an excuse to not record any new material for a while. It happened to Green Day.

killboypwrheadjx
12-02-2004, 04:50 PM
i think they're just trying to sell more records. the junkies will buy it no matter what, the regular fans will buy it for the bonus tracks, and the radio fans will buy it instead of their other albums. they cant really lose.

Tired_Of_You
12-02-2004, 04:50 PM
And if they do a greatest hits album, that'll give them an excuse to not record any new material for a while. It happened to Green Day.

The Offspring said they don't want to take as much time as they did between CO1 and Splinter. Greatest Hits or not, the new album should not take too much time before they released it. Let's hope in the begining of 2006

Lars
12-02-2004, 05:02 PM
So in effect we could say this is walking on a tightrope, short of that blasphemous word "sellout" ?