PDA

View Full Version : and just how stupid is the USA??

noodlesfan
12-04-2005, 11:40 AM
When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 C. The Russians used a pencil.

Endymion
12-04-2005, 11:41 AM
and? we tended to over-engineer when it came to the space program, and i think our track record in that regard is a little nicer looking than the russian's.

noodlesfan
12-04-2005, 11:43 AM
the whole point is that the russians found something else and we spend a shitload of money to make something else

Endymion
12-04-2005, 11:47 AM
also: http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Well, no American president ever killed millions upon millions of their own citizens, did they? If you live in America and you are ungrateful for living here, get out because you probably don't deserve to live here. America isn't perfect, but it's the best in the world.

sKratch
No you guys are still dumb :[

HeadAroundU
yeah that's pretty stupid.

but you are missing the point of using it in another places than space...
and I'm sure they made big money out of it!

Paint_It_Black
12-04-2005, 11:53 AM
That may be false, but the americans do now have to hitch rides with the Russians. This amuses me.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Well, no American president ever killed millions upon millions of their own citizens, did they? If you live in America and you are ungrateful for living here, get out because you probably don't deserve to live here. America isn't perfect, but it's the best in the world.

Holy god, my eyes are bleeding after reading this saccharine bullshit. I'll forgive you 'cause you're young.

Endymion
12-04-2005, 11:54 AM
and the link i posted says it was independently developed by some pen company at no cost to the american government, and as soon as it was on the market both the american and russian space programs used them because they a) could not burn in the oxygen rich shuttles, and b) broken lead caused problems by causing shorts and (i guess) hitting astronauts in the eye or getting in their nose.

HeadAroundU
12-04-2005, 11:57 AM
now this thread looks like worst joke because of Endy :D

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Holy god, my eyes are bleeding after reading this saccharine bullshit. I'll forgive you 'cause you're young.

What is wrong with that? Stalin killed more of his own people than Hitler did and I strongly believe America is the grestest country in the world.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 12:02 PM
I love Johnny Nemesis with mouth.

I wouldn't say it's particularly dumb (the whole nasa thing, had it been true), what is pretty dumb is the huge social divide, the starving masses, the sick who can't afford treatment, and the uneducated geniuses below the poverty level, live in a country where more than half the budget is spent on the military to fight wars to perpetuate these conditions.

That's kinda silly. Then again the USSR did the same thing, it just exploited the intelligence of it's citizens better, and made sure people could eat so that they could work.

hahah, America is kinda like Deltaria, that's sooo cute. (this is a reference only Justin and Sim will get).

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 12:04 PM
What is wrong with that? Stalin killed more of his own people than Hitler did and I strongly believe America is the grestest country in the world.
Actually the Nazis killed a lot more people. Recent Russian statistics seem to show that in Stalin's 30 years in power, 1 million people were executed. You are using numbers offered by fear-mongerers like Robert Conquest, who's formulas would've found that had Stalin existed in Denmark, that 1 million people would've died or so.

noodlesfan
12-04-2005, 12:05 PM
I love Johnny Nemesis with mouth.

I wouldn't say it's particularly dumb (the whole nasa thing, had it been true), what is pretty dumb is the huge social divide, the starving masses, the sick who can't afford treatment, and the uneducated geniuses below the poverty level, live in a country where more than half the budget is spent on the military to fight wars to perpetuate these conditions.

That's kinda silly. Then again the USSR did the same thing, it just exploited the intelligence of it's citizens better, and made sure people could eat so that they could work.

hahah, America is kinda like Deltaria, that's sooo cute. (this is a reference only Justin and Sim will get).
well, when every male at the age of 18 or older is in the army, you have to be carefull

Italia311
12-04-2005, 12:05 PM

America i.e., USA, is the best in the world??#?!%?!#%?

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLL

T-6005
12-04-2005, 12:07 PM
America i.e., USA, is the best in the world??#?!%?!#%?

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLL
Definitely an intelligent argument, right there.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 12:08 PM

Unfortunately, that argument managed to be stronger than Drummerguy's argument.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Actually the Nazis killed a lot more people. Recent Russian statistics seem to show that in Stalin's 30 years in power, 1 million people were executed. You are using numbers offered by fear-mongerers like Robert Conquest, who's formulas would've found that had Stalin existed in Denmark, that 1 million people would've died or so.

I've got my Comparative Politics notes on Russia right in front of me and it clearly states, "2 million killed for resisting collectivization of agriculture." That doesn't include the millions killed and sent to labor camps in his Purge trials of 1934-1938. He also forced at least 25 million into his collective farms. Yeah, Stalin was one sick dude.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:10 PM

Okay, I said that was my opinion. You guys can believe whatever you want to believe, but I'm sticking to my opinion.

Italia311

I laughed at what he said...and if I was actually present when someone said that, I still would have laughed.

You're an idiot for even replying to what I said.

T-6005
Unfortunately, that argument managed to be stronger than Drummerguy's argument.
That it most unfortunately did.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 12:12 PM
I laughed at what he said...and if I was actually present when someone said that, I still would have laughed.

You're an idiot for even replying to what I said.
Hmm... apparently I'm going to have to stoop to explaining the humor intended in my post, concerning yours.

Ah, fuck it. If you didn't get it the first time, you don't deserve to.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I've got my Comparative Politics notes on Russia right in front of me and it clearly states, "2 million killed for resisting collectivization of agriculture." That doesn't include the millions killed and sent to labor camps in his Purge trials of 1934-1938. He also forced at least 25 million into his collective farms. Yeah, Stalin was one sick dude.
Right, cause Comparative Politics notes would be more fucking accurate than the Russian Statisticians Institute. Fuck man. Way to go.

Besides, you said Stalin killed millions upon millions, now you are only saying two. And being sent to a labor camp was not a death sentence. You make your prisoners do labor in the states. In Denmark we do too. Kinda ridiculous since labor won't help them integrate back into society but whatever. And of course he forced people into collective farms. He had to force collectivization before Hitler invaded. Obviously it should've been done different. But, hello! Hitler!

Now, tell me about Native Americans?

Endymion
12-04-2005, 12:21 PM
If I sold Manhattan for $20 my face would be red, too.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-04-2005, 12:21 PM
If you want to know how stupid Americans are just speak to Motaboy, if you wish to meet a stupid brit look no more and me and that Sarah (baby_devil) can help you with that. :p

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Right, cause Comparative Politics notes would be more fucking accurate than the Russian Statisticians Institute. Fuck man. Way to go.

Besides, you said Stalin killed millions upon millions, now you are only saying two. And being sent to a labor camp was not a death sentence. You make your prisoners do labor in the states. In Denmark we do too. Kinda ridiculous since labor won't help them integrate back into society but whatever. And of course he forced people into collective farms. He had to force collectivization before Hitler invaded. Obviously it should've been done different. But, hello! Hitler!

Don't you think that the Russian Statistics institute might alter those numbers just wee bit to protect the Government's legitimacy? And besides, you don't know where the information in my notes came from.
I said he killed 2 million for resisting the collectivization. The other millions he killed weren't involved in that. Those labor camps aren't comparable to the labor the prisoners do here in the U.S. and Stalin's intentions weren't to bring them back into society. Also, he forced collectivization of agriculture to create a control economy which is part of the process of creating a Communist economy, not really for Hitler's invasion.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Don't you think that the Russian Statistics institute might alter those numbers just wee bit to protect the Government's legitimacy?

Kinda like what the United States does all the time, and in half of the books you're reading?

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
If you want to know how stupid Americans are just speak to Motaboy, if you wish to meet a stupid brit look no more and me and that Sarah (baby_devil) can help you with that. :p

lol. Yeah, you can't judge an entire country by one person (which is what the entire world seems to be doing becasue of Mr. President).

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Kinda like what the United States does all the time, and in half of the books you're reading?

That's pretty much it. You can't trust any information nowadays becasue everything has been changed. Look in the bible. I was just going off of information that I was given which I am assuming is true, although it very well might not be.

JohnnyNemesis
lol. Yeah, you can't judge an entire country by one person (which is what the entire world seems to be doing becasue of Mr. President).

Well, most people judge America based on the President, the Presidents who came before him, and the entire government.

Y'know, kinda the same thing you did with your whole "other leaders kill their own people so we're better than them!" thing.

the_offsprings_monkey
Well I can make it two right now. *looks at drummerguy*

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Well I can make it two right now. *looks at drummerguy*

Oh, shut up. I was laughing with you at your joke and how true it was.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Well, most people judge America based on the President, the Presidents who came before him, and the entire government.

Y'know, kinda the same thing you did with your whole "other leaders kill their own people so we're better than them!" thing.

But the opposing argument was against our government for creating that pen, so I used Russia's gevernment for a rebuttal.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Don't you think that the Russian Statistics institute might alter those numbers just wee bit to protect the Government's legitimacy? And besides, you don't know where the information in my notes came from.
I said he killed 2 million for resisting the collectivization. The other millions he killed weren't involved in that. Those labor camps aren't comparable to the labor the prisoners do here in the U.S. and Stalin's intentions weren't to bring them back into society. Also, he forced collectivization of agriculture to create a control economy which is part of the process of creating a Communist economy, not really for Hitler's invasion.
omg are you really trying to lecture me on communist economic policy?

1. Of course they altered the numbers IN 1945! The current Russian administration after the fall has had varying attitudes towards Stalin. Yeltsin released all information and said how many people Stalin killed. That information has since been retrieved and archived and locked again. Putin has a more apologetic attitude, probably because that's where the votes are, and it will make people ignore the reforms he makes. But current Russian politics is far too realpolitik for me to want to deal with. However there would be no reason for the Russian statisticians to lie, especially since they are not a Communist government, and haven't been for 15 years. If your political notes haven't said that, then christ, stop talking to me.

2. He did not kill 2 million for not collectivising. That's a flat-out lie. If you said he killed such and such kulaks I would've understood the basis for your misinformation, but they are just exagerating Stalin's collectivist policy.

3. Collectivisation is communist agricultural policy. Everyone from Lenin to the Mensheviks agreed on this. Collectivization was meant to happen voluntarily though, Lenin emphasized this particularly. Through competition between the collectivist farms and the individual, the collectivist were meant to outcompete and provide a much more prosperous opportunity for the average peasant. However Hitler came with a very anti-Slav platform and Stalin very justifiably, allowed for the possibility that Hitler might try and invade. But I guess they don't teach you these things.

4. There is still the fact that some sources might be more correct or closer to reality. An American text book on the soviet union is not a good source. What sources does this book claim?

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 12:36 PM
They mention a pen, you mention slaughtering millions of people. Yeah, sounds even to me...

arak0r
12-04-2005, 12:37 PM
raise your hand if you wear a tinfoil hat.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:44 PM
They mention a pen, you mention slaughtering millions of people. Yeah, sounds even to me...

Who said it had to be even? I was proposing an argument that would show why Russia is not better than the U.S.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:46 PM
omg are you really trying to lecture me on communist economic policy?

1. Of course they altered the numbers IN 1945! The current Russian administration after the fall has had varying attitudes towards Stalin. Yeltsin released all information and said how many people Stalin killed. That information has since been retrieved and archived and locked again. Putin has a more apologetic attitude, probably because that's where the votes are, and it will make people ignore the reforms he makes. But current Russian politics is far too realpolitik for me to want to deal with. However there would be no reason for the Russian statisticians to lie, especially since they are not a Communist government, and haven't been for 15 years. If your political notes haven't said that, then christ, stop talking to me.

2. He did not kill 2 million for not collectivising. That's a flat-out lie. If you said he killed such and such kulaks I would've understood the basis for your misinformation, but they are just exagerating Stalin's collectivist policy.

3. Collectivisation is communist agricultural policy. Everyone from Lenin to the Mensheviks agreed on this. Collectivization was meant to happen voluntarily though, Lenin emphasized this particularly. Through competition between the collectivist farms and the individual, the collectivist were meant to outcompete and provide a much more prosperous opportunity for the average peasant. However Hitler came with a very anti-Slav platform and Stalin very justifiably, allowed for the possibility that Hitler might try and invade. But I guess they don't teach you these things.

4. There is still the fact that some sources might be more correct or closer to reality. An American text book on the soviet union is not a good source. What sources does this book claim?

I wasn't trying to lecture, I was trying to show my point. Although I admit, you do know a lot about this subject, you are lecturing to us about this.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Who said it had to be even? I was proposing an argument that would show why Russia is not better than the U.S.
Where does this chauvinistic attitude stem from in the first place, pray tell?

Endymion
12-04-2005, 12:47 PM
raise your hand if you wear a tinfoil hat.
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/10/1839224&from=rss

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Fuck it. I'm finished here. I already know all the information I need to know and I don't care what you guys think. I'm done here.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:48 PM

lol. Where do you find these links?

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 12:48 PM
I wasn't trying to lecture, I was trying to show my point. Although I admit, you do know a lot about this subject, you are lecturing to us about this.
Of course I am, because I know a lot more about it than you, that is why I am lecturing and shocked that you tried and argue against me. Had you been someone intelligent, I would've responded slightly differently.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Fuck it. I'm finished here. I already know all the information I need to know and I don't care what you guys think. I'm done here.
Those who know how little they know, are the smartest. You know nothing, specifically of what you need to know, as Johnny showed in his first line in this thread.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 12:51 PM

After you calm down, you'll read this again and notice how embarassing it is. This is the same kind of post EVERYONE makes when proven wrong.

Besides, if you have all the information you need to know and don't care what anyone thinks, then don't fucking make such a ridiculous post in the first place. You posted something that made no sense, and of course, someone responded to it. Don't get all cranky about it now

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Of course I am, because I know a lot more about it than you, that is why I am lecturing and shocked that you tried and argue against me. Had you been someone intelligent, I would've responded slightly differently.

Okay, I just want to say one thing: You have had more education than I have and have learned more on the subject than I. And I also agreed with a lot of your points. There were just other things I don't agree with and I was simply supporting what I believed. I didn't attack you on it.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Okay, I just want to say one thing: You have had more education than I have and have learned more on the subject than I. And I also agreed with a lot of your points. There were just other things I don't agree with and I was simply supporting what I believed. I didn't attack you on it.
That's all very nice and all, but I do have one suggestion - start supporting what's correct, instead. You'll find you do much better in the "being right" department.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 12:56 PM
That's all very nice and all, but I do have one suggestion - start supporting what's correct, instead. You'll find you do much better in the "being right" department.

Okay, but the information I know is correct as far as my Comparative Politics teacher is concerned, and he's the one testing me on what is "correct."

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 01:00 PM
I don't even have a high school diploma. My education is worthless as of now. Education does not create smarts either. I bothered to research it on my own time. That's why I am fairly certain I am correct. That's why I can say that your textbook is lying.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't even have a high school diploma. My education is worthless as of now. Education does not create smarts either. I bothered to research it on my own time. That's why I am fairly certain I am correct. That's why I can say that your textbook is lying.

Okay, but you still have been studing this for longer than I have, seeing as we have only been on Russia for about a week and a half. Oh, and judt for the record, my teacher doesn't get all of his information from a textbook. He does a lot of his own research.

arak0r
12-04-2005, 01:05 PM

brilliant!

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Okay, but you still have been studing this for longer than I have, seeing as we have only been on Russia for about a week and a half. Oh, and judt for the record, my teacher doesn't get all of his information from a textbook. He does a lot of his own research.
Well then *he* should do his research better. They released the results of their analysis on Stalin's executions only about a month and a half ago.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Well then *he* should do his research better. They released the results of their analysis on Stalin's executions only about a month and a half ago.

He prepared his lessons for his entire year before school even began, so he wouldn't have known.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 01:11 PM
He prepared his lessons for his entire year before school even began, so he wouldn't have known.
Shouldn't he have a responsibility to know whether the stats he's spouting are accurate or not?

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Shouldn't he have a responsibility to know whether the stats he's spouting are accurate or not?

Well, if they were accurate at the time of his research, you can't really blame him.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, if they were accurate at the time of his research, you can't really blame him.
This isn't the first time that number has been found though.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 01:17 PM
If he's not willing to make little adjustments here and there to incorporate FACTS and correct mistakes, he's certainlty not the best teacher.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Well then don't blame me for being misinformed.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Oh give me a break. Yes we WILL blame you for being misinformed because you're throwing yourself at the mercy of your teacher while being too lazy to look up the facts yourself. You can control your own mind. Also, even if we don't blame you for being misinformed, we WILL blame you for attempting to argue with misinformation

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Oh give me a break. Yes we WILL blame you for being misinformed because you're throwing yourself at the mercy of your teacher while being too lazy to look up the facts yourself. You can control your own mind. Also, even if we don't blame you for being misinformed, we WILL blame you for attempting to argue with misinformation

Okay, I'm not going to re-research what I have been taught if I thought it was correct. That's not being lazy, that's just avoiding work that I don't need to do. I suppose you research everything you are taught in school even though you already learned what you need to know? I was arguing with that information becasue I believed it was correct. I wasn't TRYING to argue with wrong information.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 01:29 PM
I research things because I hate sounding ignorant like you.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Okay, I'm not going to re-research what I have been taught if I thought it was correct. That's not being lazy, that's just avoiding work that I don't need to do. I suppose you research everything you are taught in school even though you already learned what you need to know? I was arguing with that information becasue I believed it was correct. I wasn't TRYING to argue with wrong information.
Well, now you know it isn't correct. So re-research it, child.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I research things because I hate sounding ignorant like you.

I just didn't have any reason for re-researching something just to challenge my teacher. I'm busy enough already.

sKratch
12-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I have to say, for about 95% of this topic Drummerguy has conducted himself very well and I feel this is an example of someone getting jumped on really hard for no good reason. *sprays with squirt bottle*

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, now you know it isn't correct. So re-research it, child.

I'm not going to becasue whether or not it's true, I need to know what my teacher has taught me because his tests reflect what he has taught us, not what I have taught myself.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:32 PM
I have to say, for about 95% of this topic Drummerguy has conducted himself very well and I feel this is an example of someone getting jumped on really hard for no good reason. *sprays with squirt bottle*

lol. I use a squirt bottle on my cats too! :D

T-6005
12-04-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm not going to becasue whether or not it's true, I need to know what my teacher has taught me because his tests reflect what he has taught us, not what I have taught myself.
See, you have a problem with accepting wrong information too readily.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:34 PM
See, you have a problem with accepting wrong information too readily.

So I should just fail all of my tests, then?

sKratch
12-04-2005, 01:36 PM
I don't know many people who come home from high school and make sure everything they just learned in class is true.

And by the way, Endy's red face comment was possibly one of the greatest thigns I've ever heard. http://www.skratch-zero.com/crap/redface.gif

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Generally teachers like it when students show an interest in the subject.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Generally teachers like it when students show an interest in the subject.

Very true, but they don't like it when students fail their tests.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't know many people who come home from high school and make sure everything they just learned in class is true.

That was exactly my point.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 01:42 PM
-Just because you have to concentrate on tests doesn't mean you can't know a little bit extra on the side. You're acting like if you find out the truth you won't be able to pass the test. Bullshit on the test like everyone else does.

-Drummerguy is generally enjoyable and carried himself well enough (except for when he got all upset with his "Fuck this, I'm done here!" then kept posting), but ignorance irks the fuck out of me, especially when instead of just owning up to it there are bunch of excuses thrown around. So yeah, I'd be a hypocrite if I even felt bad about that shit.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 01:44 PM
-Just because you have to concentrate on tests doesn't mean you can't know a little bit extra on the side.

-Drummerguy is generally enjoyable and carried himself well enough (except for when he got all upset with his "Fuck this, I'm done here!" then kept posting), but ignorance irks the fuck out of me, especially when instead of just owning up to it there are bunch of excuses thrown around. So yeah, I'd be a hypocrite if I even felt bad about that shit.

I meant that I was done with that topic, not this thread. Sorry if I failed to explain that.

noodlesfan
12-04-2005, 02:15 PM
there is a difference between a citizen and someone elected to represent the country, they are supposed to judge us based on our president.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 02:34 PM
there is a difference between a citizen and someone elected to represent the country, they are supposed to judge us based on our president.

Oh, then I guess I should judge all of Iraq on Saddam Hussein and judge all of Cuba on Fidel Castro. A leader, even an elected one, does NOT represent the entire country.

0r4ng3
12-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh, then I guess I should judge all of Iraq on Saddam Hussein and judge all of Cuba on Fidel Castro. A leader, even an elected one, does NOT represent the entire country.
We still voted for him, so we do deserve whatever's coming to us. Dictators are a different story, as they came into power on their own.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 02:46 PM
We still voted for him, so we do deserve whatever's coming to us. Dictators are a different story, as they came into power on their own.

Yes, but not everybody voted. And out of those who did vote, barely over half voted for him. And most of them were for religious reasons.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Actually Drummerguy is correct here. Judging a nation based on their elected leader is just really dumb.

0r4ng3
12-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I just realized how stupid I sound. In some cases, perhaps it could work.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Actually Drummerguy is correct here. Judging a nation based on their elected leader is just really dumb.

OMG! WCM agrees with me! *tear* :rolleyes:

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 04:03 PM
I agree with both Drummerguy123 and wheelchairman to some degree, because...well, anyone who knows me know how Bush certainly doesn't represent me in ANY way. But I still have to say that being judged based on our leader isn't exactly like...I dunno, as stupid as it is, I sorta don't blame people sometimes because they just don't know any better.

Nikako22
12-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Wheelchairman how far up your ass is your head? The whole world generally agree's that Stalin murdered between 50-60 million Soviet citizens. And world wide communism is responsible for about 120 million state sponsored murders. Try watching History Channel international where guess what??! They use statistics from the Red Square!!!! And the US does not spend half of its budget on the military it spends generally about 3% on the military which is something like. And 12 billion over 10 years isn't that much money for a government to spend, the US actually has borrowed a European institution in which we buy 30 billion in PEACHES a year and the government destroys them(Franklin Roosevelt started the program). And another thing called Medicare and Healthcare, which is borrowed from Europe which is going to start giving us a defiecet of trillions and trillions of dollars with males currently 25 recieving nothing (Hate to think of where thats going to leave Europe). And haha if you think the government can keep anything hidden with people able to get on the internet you truly are a moron. Google, and LexisNexis are a regimes worst nightmare, because no one owns it and you CAN FIND ANYTHING!!!! So your government conspiracy theory's (in relation to the economy and where money is going) is wrong.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 04:04 PM
I agree with both Drummerguy123 and wheelchairman to some degree, because...well, anyone who knows me know how Bush certainly doesn't represent me in ANY way. But I still have to say that being judged based on our leader isn't exactly like...I dunno, as stupid as it is, I sorta don't blame people sometimes because they just don't know any better.

That's why everyone hates Americans. They think that we are ALL like Bush when it is so obvious we aren't.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Wheelchairman how far up your ass is your head? The whole world generally agree's that Stalin murdered between 50-60 million Soviet citizens. And world wide communism is responsible for about 120 million state sponsored murders. Try watching History Channel international where guess what??! They use statistics from the Red Square!!!! And the US does not spend half of its budget on the military it spends generally about 3% on the military which is something like. And 12 billion over 10 years isn't that much money for a government to spend, the US actually has borrowed a European institution in which we buy 30 billion in PEACHES a year and the government destroys them(Franklin Roosevelt started the program). And another thing called Medicare and Healthcare, which is borrowed from Europe which is going to start giving us a defiecet of trillions and trillions of dollars with males currently 25 recieving nothing (Hate to think of where thats going to leave Europe). And haha if you think the government can keep anything hidden with people able to get on the internet you truly are a moron. Google, and LexisNexis are a regimes worst nightmare, because no one owns it and you CAN FIND ANYTHING!!!! So your government conspiracy theory's (in relation to the economy and where money is going) is wrong.

uh oh. I sense a repeat of what happened earlier. I'll just say, "No Comment."

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 04:44 PM
First, a favor to you.
A. Use paragraphs, it will have the effect that more people will actually read what you say.
B. It will make you look smarter than you actually are.

Now, onto what you've actually said.

Wheelchairman how far up your ass is your head? The whole world generally agree's that Stalin murdered between 50-60 million Soviet citizens.
This comment starts out as an ad-hominem attack, meaning you have no material evidence against my opinions, so to prove me wrong you focus on my head and ass. Please have some more decorum. Furthermore, I didn't know you were allowed to speak on behalf of "the whole world." and I had no idea that "the whole world" agrees on this. Can you tell me who the "whole world" is, because it doesn't include me and several people.

And world wide communism is responsible for about 120 million state sponsored murders. Try watching History Channel international where guess what??! They use statistics from the Red Square!!!!

The History Channel International is notorious for being full of crap, they never list their sources, and are just taking history bit by bit and simplifying it for the idiots that watch it, into information that is more entertainment than factual. Also, there is no reason to use four exclamation marks, that also makes you look dumb. Did you know that Red Square is just a square? That it cannot be a source for anything since it's not really an entity but a place geographically. I like it, it's pretty neat to stand on it. And very big. However you sound very stupid when claiming it as a source, when it doesn't exist as a source.

And the US does not spend half of its budget on the military it spends generally about 3% on the military which is something like. And 12 billion over 10 years isn't that much money for a government to spend,
Do you notice what this is, this is a change in topic, do you know what that means? That means that this is an excellent spot for a new paragraph, such a novel idea! Now moving on, what you are going to see is a lot of pwn3ge. This is why I am happy to have studied accounting, because this makes budgeting fun!

Alright, so you claim that the US government spends about 3% on the military, and only 12 billion? God WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING SOURCE, LET ME SHOW YOU MINE!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/wheelchairman/budget.png
This is an overview of the US government budget, and WHERE DID I FIND THIS? WHY ON THEIR SUPERSECRET WEBPAGE; WHITEHOUSE.GOV
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2006/pdf/06msr.pdf
download this pdf and scroll to page 40.

As you can see the US gov spends about 477 billion dollars on the US military. And that's not including things like the Department of Homeland Security. However, if you look at the budget totals 919 billion dollars. That the US military recieves nearly half the allotted money. And if you include things like the Department of Homeland Security, then by-golly that's half! And what does that mean? That means I was right. Also you were so very wrong about your 12 billion. Do you see why I don't respect you? Because I did all this work and have now proven that you basically make UP everything you say. You lying little shit.

the US actually has borrowed a European institution in which we buy 30 billion in PEACHES a year and the government destroys them(Franklin Roosevelt started the program).
You lying little shit. Source me!

And another thing called Medicare and Healthcare, which is borrowed from Europe which is going to start giving us a defiecet of trillions and trillions of dollars with males currently 25 recieving nothing (Hate to think of where thats going to leave Europe).
Actually, your healthcare is only similar to the British, and it's only a pale shadow of the pathetic British one. Denmark has the Scandinavian healthcare system and some of highest consumption rates in the world. Furthermore we don't have any homeless/hungry/uneducated people like you do. We are far more economic with our job resources than in the states. With all this mass-exportation of labor jobs and an uneducated population, WHERE is your economy going?

And haha if you think the government can keep anything hidden with people able to get on the internet you truly are a moron. Google, and LexisNexis are a regimes worst nightmare, because no one owns it and you CAN FIND ANYTHING!!!!

And yet you couldn't fucking find the federal budget on the US governments HOMEPAGE. Castro will stay in power because he is the BEST alternative. Because the people in Cuba love him, and because life is good. I would know, I've been to fucking Cuba. Where have you been? Belarus, China, Cuba, they all have the internet. And yet their governments remain in power, WHAT'S THE DEALIO? And before that there was things like the radio which the governments couldn't control either. Wtf? idiot.

So your government conspiracy theory's (in relation to the economy and where money is going) is wrong.
What government conspiracy? I LOOKED ON THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT HOMEPAGE RETARD. Let's look again, yes the military is recieving more than education, housing, Energy, Social Security and in fact the entire rest of the budget combined, you stupid little man.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow. WCM. Wow.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 04:49 PM
I was wondering whether WCM's righteous rant would have been ruined by background lounge music.

Oh, and he's right.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I was listening to Belle and Sebastian. And I'm going to make a topic about that post because it took far too much work and it needs celebration.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 04:53 PM
I was listening to Belle and Sebastian. And I'm going to make a topic about that post because it took far too much work and it needs celebration.
Oh. I was looking up syzygy while I read it. To each his own, I suppose.

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 04:56 PM
First, a favor to you.
A. Use paragraphs, it will have the effect that more people will actually read what you say.
B. It will make you look smarter than you actually are.

Now, onto what you've actually said.

This comment starts out as an ad-hominem attack, meaning you have no material evidence against my opinions, so to prove me wrong you focus on my head and ass. Please have some more decorum. Furthermore, I didn't know you were allowed to speak on behalf of "the whole world." and I had no idea that "the whole world" agrees on this. Can you tell me who the "whole world" is, because it doesn't include me and several people.

The History Channel International is notorious for being full of crap, they never list their sources, and are just taking history bit by bit and simplifying it for the idiots that watch it, into information that is more entertainment than factual. Also, there is no reason to use four exclamation marks, that also makes you look dumb. Did you know that Red Square is just a square? That it cannot be a source for anything since it's not really an entity but a place geographically. I like it, it's pretty neat to stand on it. And very big. However you sound very stupid when claiming it as a source, when it doesn't exist as a source.

Do you notice what this is, this is a change in topic, do you know what that means? That means that this is an excellent spot for a new paragraph, such a novel idea! Now moving on, what you are going to see is a lot of pwn3ge. This is why I am happy to have studied accounting, because this makes budgeting fun!

Alright, so you claim that the US government spends about 3% on the military, and only 12 billion? God WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING SOURCE, LET ME SHOW YOU MINE!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/wheelchairman/budget.png
This is an overview of the US government budget, and WHERE DID I FIND THIS? WHY ON THEIR SUPERSECRET WEBPAGE; WHITEHOUSE.GOV
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2006/pdf/06msr.pdf
download this pdf and scroll to page 40.

As you can see the US gov spends about 477 billion dollars on the US military. And that's not including things like the Department of Homeland Security. However, if you look at the budget totals 919 billion dollars. That the US military recieves nearly half the allotted money. And if you include things like the Department of Homeland Security, then by-golly that's half! And what does that mean? That means I was right. Also you were so very wrong about your 12 billion. Do you see why I don't respect you? Because I did all this work and have now proven that you basically make UP everything you say. You lying little shit.

You lying little shit. Source me!

Actually, your healthcare is only similar to the British, and it's only a pale shadow of the pathetic British one. Denmark has the Scandinavian healthcare system and some of highest consumption rates in the world. Furthermore we don't have any homeless/hungry/uneducated people like you do. We are far more economic with our job resources than in the states. With all this mass-exportation of labor jobs and an uneducated population, WHERE is your economy going?

And yet you couldn't fucking find the federal budget on the US governments HOMEPAGE. Castro will stay in power because he is the BEST alternative. Because the people in Cuba love him, and because life is good. I would know, I've been to fucking Cuba. Where have you been? Belarus, China, Cuba, they all have the internet. And yet their governments remain in power, WHAT'S THE DEALIO? And before that there was things like the radio which the governments couldn't control either. Wtf? idiot.

What government conspiracy? I LOOKED ON THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT HOMEPAGE RETARD. Let's look again, yes the military is recieving more than education, housing, Energy, Social Security and in fact the entire rest of the budget combined, you stupid little man.

O_O

whoa.................

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
GodDAMN I love Per. Holy shit I love love love him.

You get anal tonight, wheelchairman.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Ooooh anal! I love you more than Tizz!

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Ooooh anal! I love you more than Tizz!

She's not going to get mad at you for this? Or you could have a threesome. o_O

Nikako22
12-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Apologies about the Government Conspiracy bit, that may not have been you and for that I do apologize but many of the things you do speak about sound as if you believe the worlds governments are always conspiring.
Now for the sources:

THe bit about how much the US devotes to defense The New Face of War by Bruce Berkowitz pg. 4-5 he discusses the US's annual spending compared to China's national spending on defense.(Book published in 2003). He is taking that number of 3.2% from the Gross Domestic Product, not how much the government spends overall (apologies).

The bit about Franklin Roosevelts programs (I think he also mentions the murders of the Russian people in the book) comes from A Politically Incorrect Guide to American History (I can't find this book right now because I don't know what my father's done w/it so I apologize I can't give you the author.)

Thirdly the bit about the Red Square. The Red Square is often used in reference to Dzhensky Square (IF thats how it is spelled and they may have changed the name after the Soviet Union fell). It is the location of Lenin's grave and the old KGB building, and they do have archives and old files.

I also apologize for my rude attack to your character, but it has been my general experience that you can't give liberals an inch of politeness, because they rarely return the favor.

Tizzalicious
12-05-2005, 05:25 PM
She's not going to get mad at you for this? Or you could have a threesome. o_O

Nah, it's all fine, I know it's all because of the anal. Besides, I love Rick more than Per too.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Per loves me more, Tizz loves me more.

This means that, as a couple, I can be hired as their sex slave.

I'm liking this.

Tizzalicious
12-05-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm liking it too. You can take the anal, and I'll have 2 guys. Perfect.

Bryan875
12-05-2005, 07:49 PM
.................................................. .......................... what the hell happened to this thread?

HornyPope
12-06-2005, 04:32 AM
Well since no one posted it yet...

http://tinypic.com/i71puw.jpg

ninthlayer
12-06-2005, 04:53 AM
World Bank and the IMF <3
Yay capitalism!

Rocky-girl
12-06-2005, 06:15 AM
As russian person, I really think that Russia is the best country in the world. But I don't want to hit smb's opinion. But now because of our stupid goverment our country is not as rich and strong as it could be. :mad:

Nikako22
12-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Russikye? Russia the worlds nuclear arsenal and don't worry I'm sure Russia will go back to communism.

wheelchairman
12-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Apologies about the Government Conspiracy bit, that may not have been you and for that I do apologize but many of the things you do speak about sound as if you believe the worlds governments are always conspiring.
You can interpret my words the way you want, I only mentioned the spending patterns. It's not my fault that the way the US gov spends it's money sounded awful to you, since it doesn't particularly make much sense.

Now for the sources:

THe bit about how much the US devotes to defense The New Face of War by Bruce Berkowitz pg. 4-5 he discusses the US's annual spending compared to China's national spending on defense.(Book published in 2003). He is taking that number of 3.2% from the Gross Domestic Product, not how much the government spends overall (apologies).

The bit about Franklin Roosevelts programs (I think he also mentions the murders of the Russian people in the book) comes from A Politically Incorrect Guide to American History (I can't find this book right now because I don't know what my father's done w/it so I apologize I can't give you the author.)
I don't know what Russian people have to do with a guide to American history. But I'm willing to bet that buying billions of peaches to be destroyed, is a blatant lie.

Thirdly the bit about the Red Square. The Red Square is often used in reference to Dzhensky Square (IF thats how it is spelled and they may have changed the name after the Soviet Union fell). It is the location of Lenin's grave and the old KGB building, and they do have archives and old files.
Lenin's "grave", a place I've been to, is on Red Square. However you made your numbers up. The Soviet archive has been closed again. You will not find a source from there. Again, quit making things up.

I also apologize for my rude attack to your character, but it has been my general experience that you can't give liberals an inch of politeness, because they rarely return the favor.
You should quit talking about politics.

Back in Black
12-06-2005, 10:30 AM
The USA is not stupid.

ruroken
12-06-2005, 11:40 AM
When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 C. The Russians used a pencil.
Apparently, they are far smarter than you.

Nikako22
12-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I give you my sources now you give me yours. If all your going to do is be an "intellectual" skeptic with no sources you are the one that should give up talking about politics.

Wonder why they closed the archives? Maybe somthing about murders President (KGB Colonel) Vladimir Putin didn't want getting out about his glorious Russia, and the glorious Georgian?

wheelchairman
12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I give you my sources now you give me yours. If all your going to do is be an "intellectual" skeptic with no sources you are the one that should give up talking about politics.

Wonder why they closed the archives? Maybe somthing about murders President (KGB Colonel) Vladimir Putin didn't want getting out about his glorious Russia, and the glorious Georgian?
If you think Russian politics is that simplistic you should leave the board immediately.

One of the earliest links I have is at least a year old, this concerns numbers about the numbers of Russians in the GULAGs etc. You can use altavista as a translator.
http://www.thewalls.ru/truth/repress.htm
The numbers there cooberate with the newspaper article I read of URBAN and POLITIKEN both in the month of October, that the number of executions under Stalin would be between 1 Million and 4 million max.

sumone
12-27-2005, 08:13 AM
The 2006 American GDP in your pdf is 13,142 BN $ (Table 2,Page 8)

In page 24, Table S-2 you can see that the Defence budget is 419Bn which is only a 3.2% of the US GDP.

The same way in Page 25,Table S-3 again it shows Defence is 4.8% of the 2006 (or 3.2% of the GDP)

WCM, I think ur wrong.

wheelchairman
12-27-2005, 08:47 AM
The 2006 American GDP in your pdf is 13,142 BN $ (Table 2,Page 8)

In page 24, Table S-2 you can see that the Defence budget is 419Bn which is only a 3.2% of the US GDP.

The same way in Page 25,Table S-3 again it shows Defence is 4.8% of the 2006 (or 3.2% of the GDP)

WCM, I think ur wrong.
like lolz retard, I wasn't talking about % in GDP. I was talking about % in the Federal BUDGET. Just because it has the letters g and d, does not mean I was talking about GDP. Like lolz am i rite? i m so rite.

Besides, it's extremely pathetic you had to make a fake name just to argue against me, because you are too chickenshit to openly disagree with me with your normal name, is sad. I mean seriously, how low can you go?

T-6005
12-27-2005, 08:52 AM
like lolz retard

AND

Like lolz am i rite? i m so rite.
like lolz @ WCM 4 teh funy.

EDIT - funy was meant to be written "funyz". Excuse my single mistake in not making that plural.

wheelchairman
12-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I just found out who the writer of that post is. He's alright even though his English isn't. Careful, he may tell you about how a bed fucked his back. ;)

T-6005
12-27-2005, 09:59 AM
I just found out who the writer of that post is. He's alright even though his English isn't. Careful, he may tell you about how a bed fucked his back. ;)
This sounds more erotic than that time I washed a plate with congealed milk in it... do tell!

sKratch
12-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Dude that shit sucks. I hate how when you wait a long time it just gets harder to wash :(

T-6005
12-27-2005, 10:12 AM
The worst part is that I get severe reactions (as in easily lethal) to anything that's gone off, and I had a bad cereal craving.

Point being, it wasn't my bowl, but I needed it - that and I couldn't let the girl live in that filth. I was so disgusted by how long it must have been there, I had to clean the damn thing.

The cereal wasn't enjoyed quite at much after that, even though I made damn sure it was clean at the day they bought it

sKratch
12-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Soulmate, for sure.

T-6005
12-27-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm unfortunately not attracted enough by the same sex for that. Sorry.

But I might forget that in a heated discussion about congealed milk.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-27-2005, 11:13 AM
insecure much? so what if Russia was better? would that offend you and upset you?

Chimera512
12-27-2005, 11:24 AM
You can't trust any information nowadays becasue everything has been changed.

you shouldn't just trust any information because nothing is objective. when i really got into the study of history I had a proffesor who made me realize that the past can be manipulated by people because the historians can just leave out things that make them look bad or they can spin events and simply theorize that C caused B and not A caused B. For Example: American textbooks gloss over the genocide of the Indigenous peoples of North America and Japanese textbooks have generally (i don't know a huge amount about this) glossed over war cimes committed during World War II, especially in Manchuria.

My point is that people should really look into something before they beleive it, moderate skepticism is a good thing.