PDA

View Full Version : What should I use for a sore stomach?

Drum Goddess
12-04-2005, 01:33 PM
I've been wondering what I should use for a sore stomach that never goes away. I've been having problems on and off for 4 years, and the doctor can't find anything with the tests he's done. Does anyone know what could help for now?

_ߥ_vil_
12-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Depends what kind of pain it is.
If its period pain then Feminax is good.
If its normal stomach ache, try ibuprofen.

Drum Goddess
12-04-2005, 01:42 PM
It's not period pain, and I've tried Advil and some other stuff. Damn, this sucks.

coke_a_holic
12-04-2005, 01:45 PM
(This is serious) Coca-Cola is supposed to help upset stomachs in small amounts. But, don't drink too much or you'll end up with your stomach lining going bye-bye. *pokes self* But seriously, try that.

Drum Goddess
12-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Ok. I haven't tried that yet. So I'll try uncaffinated because I can't drink caffine.

Linda
12-04-2005, 02:09 PM
7-up, peptobismol, maalox

It might just be nerves, stress or anxiety causing it.

Sinister
12-04-2005, 02:10 PM
7-up, peptobismol, maalox

It might just be nerves, stress or anxiety causing it.

if stress caused anything I'd be dead already.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 02:11 PM
A sore stomach requires a sore machine....

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 02:14 PM
If you are Mexican, you would know that 7-up and Sprite are the cures of all diseases that exist in the world. Actually, with enough of it, you could probably cure cancer.

Linda
12-04-2005, 02:21 PM
if stress caused anything I'd be dead already.

No, stress does NOT cause death.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 02:22 PM
No, stress does NOT cause death.
But it can cause things that have been known to cause death.

Linda
12-04-2005, 02:23 PM
But it can cause things that have been known to cause death.

Then why isn't Sinister dead now?

Drummerguy123
12-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh, and potatoes are really good too.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Then why isn't Sinister dead now?
Because, Linda, it CAN LEAD TO things that HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CAUSE death.

Linda
12-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Because, Linda, it CAN LEAD TO things that HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CAUSE death.

Maybe, T-6005, it's because his "stress" isn't as bad as he thinks it is.

And stop fucking yelling at me, bitch.

Oh yeah, name them and prove it.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 02:29 PM
He was capitalizing to emphasize, not yelling.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 02:32 PM

I wasn't yelling. I was capitalizing in the name of advanced reading compehension. A skill you obviously lack.

I haven't remarked on his stress levels at all. Obviously he hasn't died, and possibly his stress isn't as bad as he thinks.

Stress includes eustress ("positive stress") and distress ("negative stress"), roughly meaning challenge and overload. Both types may be the result of negative or positive events. If one's relative dies and he/she wins the lottery, one does not cancel the other both are stressful events. Eustress is essential to life, like exercise to a muscle, but distress can cause disease. (Note that what causes distress for one person may cause eustress for another, depending upon each individual's life perception.) When the word stress is used alone, typically it is referring to distress.

Stress can directly and indirectly contribute to general or specific disorders of body and mind. Stress can have a major impact on the physical functioning of the human body. Such stress raises the level of adrenaline and corticosterone in the body, which in turn increases the heart rate, respiration, and blood pressure and puts more physical stress on bodily organs. Long-term stress can be a contributing factor in heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke and other illnesses.

The Japanese phenomenon of karoshi, or death from overwork, is believed to be due to heart attack and stroke caused by high levels of stress.

See here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_%28medicine%29)

Now, heart disease and strokes caused death last time I read about them.

Drum Goddess
12-04-2005, 02:36 PM
I heard stress can make your stomache sore. Life has been a little stressful lately. It just got really bad like halloween, cuz we went trick ot treating with my little sister, and she gave us 1/2 her candy cuz she didnt want it. So I ate it all at once, and since then I've felt bad.

Conspiracy of One
12-04-2005, 02:38 PM

He didn't yell, he typed in caps.

SkunkIt
12-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I've been wondering what I should use for a sore stomach that never goes away. I've been having problems on and off for 4 years, and the doctor can't find anything with the tests he's done. Does anyone know what could help for now?
For a temporary solution, boil some water, put it in a coffe mug and put in a few pieces of no color added rock candy. Rock candy is sugar made different, so it helps your stomach. You have to drink it warm, but be careful it's not too hot or It'll burn your tounge. You drink it like hot tea. If you wait till It's cold or add ice cubes, it doesn't work. I'm serious, try it. It works for me.

The best way I know is to check with your doctor and tell him what's wrong.