PDA

View Full Version : BBS Textual Voices (Now with added retards!)

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Just curious, do you ever read people's posts in unique voices? I don't, unless I'm reading someone who is especially retarded.

For example, I always read the_offsprings_monkey's posts with a super retarded almost down syndrome like voice in my head. I don't do it on purpose, but his clumsy spelling creates that kind of voice in my head as I read.

Anyway, discuss.

0r4ng3
12-04-2005, 05:42 PM
I read most people's posts as my own voice, or as no voice at all. Is that wierd?

All About Eve
12-04-2005, 05:42 PM
I do with a tone, but not exactly a voice. If I know the person I do, but seeing as I don't know anyone here, no.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-04-2005, 05:43 PM
hwo daer yuo sya taht abotu me, I hapepn to be rathre godo wtih spelilng.

Rag Doll
12-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Only with some people. And only because I've either talked to them a lot (like, on the phone) or their voice just *stuck* with me for some reason from that voice sample topic.

but nothing changes for me with people like TOM....except i get very annoyed and stop reading it and move on.

SkunkIt
12-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Just curious, do you ever read people's posts in unique voices? I don't, unless I'm reading someone who is especially retarded.

For example, I always read the_offsprings_monkey's posts with a super retarded almost down syndrome like voice in my head. I don't do it on purpose, but his clumsy spelling creates that kind of voice in my head as I read.

Anyway, discuss.
Yes, I read everyone's with an American accent, for some reason.

0r4ng3
12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
The more spelling and grammatical errors are in a post, the more likely I am to read it as a loud, obnoxious run-on sentence.

Drummerguy123

That's pretty much what I do. I just don't hear very many people with British accents around here.

All About Eve

I do that too, actually.

All About Eve
12-04-2005, 05:48 PM
The more spelling and grammatical errors are in a post, the more likely I am to read it as a loud, obnoxious run-on sentence.

When that happens I read it as I would those refrigerator magnets with words on them that are always put up in no order what so ever.

Drum Goddess
12-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I read post in mono tone.

wheelchairman
12-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I can hear everyone I met in Amsterdam, Nina's, sKratch's but only cause HES AN ASS WHO IGNORED ME :(:(, and some from the voice topic, like Sams, or Sunny's, Betty's, 1565's, Endy's and of course Ninth's.

endlesst0m
12-04-2005, 05:51 PM

Anyway, discuss.

OMG...that is creepy as hell dude...for some reason i was thinking of making a thread EXACTLY like this yesterday...and what makes it even stranger is its such a bizzare idea...too wierd.

Offspring7
12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I read them in how I think the person would sound. Like Ricky, I think of you with Puerto Rican accent. It depends on the sex of the person and where they're from.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-04-2005, 06:01 PM
I have a different tone of voice for every member.

All About Eve
12-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Nimrod In Town']I have a different tone of voice for every member.

What would mine be?

0r4ng3
12-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Nimrod In Town']I have a different tone of voice for every member.
Y'know what's wierd? I have the same generic voice for every male user, but a different voice each for some female users. Ones that I don't know, I guess.

coke_a_holic
12-04-2005, 06:12 PM
I change it up by sex, but that's it. Everyone sounds exactly the same as anyone of the same gender to me, here.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Y'know what's wierd? I have the same generic voice for every male user, but a different voice for each female user. Ones that I don't know, I guess.

Yeah. For example, i have Justin like a rough aussie accent.

Offspring7
12-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Justin sounds like a rough, sinister, evil-sounding guy without an accent.

Offspring7
12-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Lodat has a boyish, almost comical tone to me. And WCM sounds like a guy.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I don't hear voices. Am I the only one?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Haha, comical voice. Ace.

Haven't you heard my voice clips? I have a kinda rough voice.

0r4ng3
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't hear voices. Am I the only one?
Like I said, I don't hear a voice most of the time.

Offspring7
12-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Nimrod In Town']Haha, comical voice. Ace.

Haven't you heard my voice clips? I have a kinda rough voice.

I never listened to anyone's voice on that thread, but that actually sounds tempting to do.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-04-2005, 06:25 PM
I never listened to anyone's voice on that thread, but that actually sounds tempting to do.

90% of the files are expired, though. Mines included.

All About Eve
12-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Can I have a link to that thread?

Edit: nevermind after Lodat's post.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-04-2005, 06:26 PM
How do you know im Lodat ?!

Uh, no... Er, uh, damn!

All About Eve
12-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Nimrod In Town']How do you know im Lodat ?!

Uh, no... Er, uh, damn!

Everyone calls you that.

coke_a_holic
12-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I'll make a new one, I'm just that procrastinatory.

Offspring7
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Nimrod In Town']90% of the files are expired, though. Mines included.

I heard yours on putfile, but yeah most of the links are expired. Hey! Your voice sounds cool!

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
I heard yours on putfile, but yeah most of the links are expired. Hey! Your voice sounds cool!

How ? Which ?

Offspring7
12-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Well if it was yours, it was the one that had a lot of different voices...like you were acting out different people and around the end it was "and going and going" and something like that. it hasn't expired on putfile, but most of the savefile ones are expired.

Betty
12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Umm... yeah... I just read text. Even people that I know their voices I don't associate. The only person I would maybe sorta imagine something different for would be Vlad cause I can totally hear the French accent through the text.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
12-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Well if it was yours, it was the one that had a lot of different voices...like you were acting out different people and around the end it was "and going and going" and something like that. it hasn't expired on putfile, but most of the savefile ones are expired.

Can i see the link? Yeah, that's me...

Vera
12-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I don't really make up voices. I'm reminded of Amsterdam folk's voices sometimes but not too often, really. I hear the posts in the way that I try to catch their tone but it's nothing crazy.

Tizzalicious
12-05-2005, 12:00 AM
It really depends, I think it's like Sam, I hear voices (that sounds creepy) for the people who I've talked to a lot. But not all the time, it depends on how fast I'm reading I think.

Mentally_Challenged
12-05-2005, 12:05 AM
I just read everything with an english accent...it just changes depending on the gender of whoever posted it.

Izie
12-05-2005, 12:19 AM
It really depends, I think it's like Sam, I hear voices (that sounds creepy) for the people who I've talked to a lot. But not all the time, it depends on how fast I'm reading I think.

Pretty much the same. I totally hear the Amsterdammers though, almost every time.

Sin Studly
12-05-2005, 03:29 AM
I have a deep voice and the 'Refined' (ie ; Adelaidian) Australian accent, leaning somewhat towards the 'Generic' (ie ; southeastern states). Don't imagine me as the Crocodile Hunter.

Nina
12-05-2005, 04:39 AM
I imagine the tone, just the way people say things...but I dont hear the voices. I dont think I've ever really heard voices in my head. Sounds impossible to me, though I know it's not.
(music excluded! I do hear voices from singers).

Vera
12-05-2005, 05:59 AM
I have a deep voice and the 'Refined' (ie ; Adelaidian) Australian accent, leaning somewhat towards the 'Generic' (ie ; southeastern states). Don't imagine me as the Crocodile Hunter.
Crikey!!!!!

XYlophonetreeZ
12-05-2005, 10:49 AM
I bet SMASHley the retarded cane toad sounds exactly like the crohadile 'untah.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Everyone's is in an English accent except for Tizz's, Rag Doll's, WCM's and for some odd reason, Sunny's.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2005, 11:58 AM
^Even mine?! But you've heard me speak! You've even seen me in action!

JoY
12-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Ricky, when did I hear you speak? you mean in that little video? sorries, you know you're a total doll & that I'd totally screw you from all sides, but I can't really remember your voice.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
^Even mine?! But you've heard me speak! You've even seen me in action!

I loved that video. I'm so calling you one day.

JoY
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
oh, that's fo sho.

ruroken
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
I just...read...I don't want to think of voices and 'pretend' this stuff.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Everyone hears a voice when they read.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Ricky, when did I hear you speak? you mean in that little video? sorries, you know you're a total doll & that I'd totally screw you from all sides, but I can't really remember your voice.

Actually, I meant the one I made for Dave, but you and I posted like, at the same time! But yes, I want you to screw me from all sides anyway, lady :D
And Dave, cool! Call, yes.

Kerr
12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Very strange as it is, yeah I do sound to myself in my head how I think some people's voices might sound when I read their posts. I don't imagine some people's voices in a retarded fashion though, but more my own stereotypical version of an annoying voice.

ruroken
12-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Fine. For me, a bland voice for everyone.

Vera
12-05-2005, 12:27 PM
For me it's sometimes weird to associate a different sort of voice than the one I've heard for the past 4 years or so. I remember meeting my Irish friend and I'd always thought she'd have this tiny voice because she's a tiny person but her accent was totally not what I'd imagined and neither was the ..feel of her voice.

Also, I think Bella's posts sound softer in my head than her voice. Not that she sounds like a sailor in real life, but I think I hear her posts like as if she's whispering.

For comparison, Per always sounds like he's bragging. Vlad always sounds like he's arguing. Mota Boy always sounds like he's telling a story, Tizz always sounds like she's explaining something, from Simona I actually remember her giggle best but generally her textual voice is her talking about something like she means it. Iza's textual voice is close to how her voice was on the morning she & Bella came to pick me up from le airport. Which is odd.

wheelchairman
12-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Bragging Vera? ouch....

T-6005
12-05-2005, 01:46 PM
In that case, mine must be silent. I associate a feel to what I read. But no voice.

Vera
12-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Bragging Vera? ouch....
By bragging I just mean that your voice sounds smug. It's not a bad thing, though. Because it usually also sounds like you're being cocky but not taking yourself too seriously. That kind of bragging.

Betty
12-05-2005, 02:23 PM

Yeah man, you can't just make generalizations like that.

I for one, definitely don't have this whole dialogue thing going on in my mind.

It's really confusing when I start thinking about it though. But I'm just reading. Reading words. On a computer screen. Sometimes I sorta "hear" something when Mags goes weeeeooo or something, but otherwise... maybe it's MY voice? But it's not even my voice, it's just my inner monologue of thoughts.

T-6005
12-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah man, you can't just make generalizations like that.

I for one, definitely don't have this whole dialogue thing going on in my mind.

It's really confusing when I start thinking about it though. But I'm just reading. Reading words. On a computer screen. Sometimes I sorta "hear" something when Mags goes weeeeooo or something, but otherwise... maybe it's MY voice? But it's not even my voice, it's just my inner monologue of thoughts.
Yeah - I know what the word sounds like, but I don't "hear it".

No voices here.

By the way - I think "inner monologue of thoughts" sounds really creepy. Makes it sound like the mouth in "Not I". Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Izie
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Iza's textual voice is close to how her voice was on the morning she & Bella came to pick me up from le airport. Which is odd.

...elaborate, please. Because all I remember is I had no voice because my throat was seriously fucked :(

Vera
12-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, it was sort of low and raspy but still had your accent and all to it.

Izie
12-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Haha, I type with a slavic accent :p

And Per does sound smug. What I remember though is that Isa and Iza sounded the same hen he said them. That caused many-o-confusion.

Vera
12-05-2005, 02:50 PM
That's just the reason I say "Bella". Distinctions, yay!

Tizzalicious
12-05-2005, 03:18 PM
No wonder Anton thought Per was stuck up!

And I always sound like I'm explaining something eh? Figures, because whenever I do it takes hours :(

And you always hear Iz with a low raspy voice & slavic accent? Hawtness.

JoY
12-05-2005, 04:00 PM
By bragging I just mean that your voice sounds smug. It's not a bad thing, though. Because it usually also sounds like you're being cocky but not taking yourself too seriously. That kind of bragging.
I fully agree. actually, it's kind of cute.

Iza & my voice were totally fucked. I think the difference is, when my voice is baaaad quality - & I mean baaad quality (which happens, like, every time I drink, don't sleep, etc) - I significantly increase the volume with which I speak. not a good thing. it's just a thing I learned from the old days - I had a raspy/no voice when I was little & talked LOUD, as loud as possible, or else no one would hear what I said.

but I hate that about my voice. that it gets so loud in bad conditions. & when drunk. *guilty as charged* (or whatever)

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm super jealous that all you folks met each other now :(

I wanna have visual and audio memories of you crazy peoples!

Izie
12-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Iza & my voice were totally fucked. I think the difference is, when my voice is baaaad quality - & I mean baaad quality (which happens, like, every time I drink, don't sleep, etc) - I significantly increase the volume with which I speak. not a good thing. it's just a thing I learned from the old days - I had a raspy/no voice when I was little & talked LOUD, as loud as possible, or else no one would hear what I said.

Oh man, we both yelled like idiots. Well, "yelled", since we couldn't really yell anyway. And it was hilarious!

JoY
12-06-2005, 03:29 AM
with our voices like old drunken sailor men, smoking cheap tobacco. aw, hahahaha. <33

Izie
12-06-2005, 03:35 AM
Haha I didn't smoke that much :p

JoY
12-06-2005, 03:40 AM
*scratches head* so.. you were like an old drunken non-smoking sailor?

sillyhead. *ruffles hair*

Izie
12-06-2005, 03:44 AM
"old drunken non-smoking sailor" and then *I* am the sillyhead.

Tsk tsk

Vera
12-06-2005, 04:03 AM
You two did scare the fuck out of me. Not just the voices but the stories. ;D

Izie
12-06-2005, 04:15 AM
...I wonder why :p

Nina
12-07-2005, 10:54 AM
And I always sound like I'm explaining something eh? Figures, because whenever I do it takes hours :(

That is the sweetest thing EVER.
You werent like that on the phone, tho!

Tizzalicious
12-07-2005, 10:57 AM
That is the sweetest thing EVER.
You werent like that on the phone, tho!

Maybe I didn't try to explain anything then. Trust me, when I do, it takes long. I can't explain things. I get confused about what I wanna say then, and then no one understands what I'm talking about. I think I got that from my mom. She frustrates the hell out of me, so must be annoying to people too :o