PDA

View Full Version : Christianity and sexism

SkunkIt
12-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Why is it that Christians don't like gay people, but they don't mind jews, even though Santa Clause wrote the New Testament ( ha ha, I found that out yesterday and I was laughing at it for a while, so just ignore that part, my bad.), saying that Jews were the children of Satan? The Bible was written by humans too, therefore making it fallible. I mean, what's the difference between being racist and being sexist? Nothing, because you can't hate people for who they are or the way they were born.

Anyways, I brought this topic up, because I was a Catholic for 17 years and I got out of it, so now I'm no religion, but I don't have a problem with gay people. My parents are both Catholic and I heard them talking today. My mom wanted to invite a gay guy over for christmas and my dad said "He's not coming in my house, I don't want to be associated with him." This made me scared, because if I say something about it, I'm afraid they might kick me out of the house or worse, send me to bible camp. I don't know how people can be so stupid or brainwahed.

endlesst0m
12-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Why is it that Christians don't like gay people, but they don't mind jews, even though Santa Clause wrote the New Testament, saying that Jews were the children of Satan? The Bible was written by humans too, therefore making it fallible. I mean, what's the difference between being racist and being sexist? Nothing, because you can't hate people for who they are or the way they were born.

Anyways, I brought this topic up, because I was a Catholic for 17 years and I got out of it, so now I'm no religion, but I don't have a problem with gay people. My parents are both Catholic and I heard them talking today. My mom wanted to invite a gay guy over for christmas and my dad said "He's not coming in my house, I don't want to be associated with him." This made me scared, because if I say something about it, I'm afraid they might kick me out of the house or worse, send me to bible camp. I don't know how people can be so stupid or brainwahed.

Christians will argue that even though the bible was written by human hands, the humans writting it were under the power of god, so it was basically like god was writting it, but using a human.

so basically it really wasnt written by humans.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Santa Clause wrote the New Testament
Didn't read further.

bd007h
12-04-2005, 11:48 PM
there's a lot of things in christianity that don't make sense.

Jebus
12-04-2005, 11:51 PM
even though Santa Clause wrote the New Testament
wot ?

sKratch
12-04-2005, 11:51 PM
A recent annoyance of mine:
Jews are just as against gays and abortions as Christians. But no one ever complains.

T-6005
12-04-2005, 11:53 PM
A recent annoyance of mine:
Jews are just as against gays and abortions as Christians. But no one ever complains.
Well, here's a recent discovery of mine.

Keep this strictly on the DL, but I heard from someone who was a Catholic for 17 years that Santa Claus wrote the New Testament!

SkunkIt
12-04-2005, 11:58 PM
wot ?

Nicholas was among the most senior bishops who convened the Council of Nicaea in 325 CE and created the New Testament. The text they produced portrayed Jews as “the children of the devil”[11] who sentenced Jesus to death.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

Well, here's a recent discovery of mine.

Keep this strictly on the DL, but I heard from someone who was a Catholic for 17 years that Santa Claus wrote the New Testament!
My mistake, he only created it.

sKratch
12-04-2005, 11:59 PM
zogm it's on teh intarwabs

Vera
12-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Psst, Santa isn't a real person.

SkunkIt
12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
He was a bishop.

Vera
12-05-2005, 12:02 AM
No, you're missing the point. Saint Nicholaus is the person the legend of Santa Claus is probably based on, but Santa himself is not a real person.

SkunkIt
12-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Really? I though Santa Clause was just a different name for him and the guy in the red suit was just a bad drawing of him.

Vera
12-05-2005, 12:06 AM
I love it that I'm arguing to someone that Santa Claus didn't write the New Testament.

But okay, bad drawing, lived on the North Pole, elves, whatever you say.

SkunkIt
12-05-2005, 12:07 AM
That wasn't sarcasm. And besides, I'm not arguing, I'm just talking. I also just found that out yesterday, so nevermind it.

Sin Studly
12-05-2005, 02:30 AM
No, you're missing the point. Saint Nicholaus is the person the legend of Santa Claus is probably based on, but Santa himself is not a real person.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

<3 Vera / h8 Turks