PDA

View Full Version : Scandalous

Offspring7
12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
This morning:
Hey, tonight, your area is going to receive 2-8 inches of snow! Prepare for school delays and/or closings. --says the news stations

Tonight:
Hey, you guys are receiving absolutely no snow because we just like to fuck with you. Oh yeah, and you might get some snow flurries that will accumulate into absolutely nothing. You won't even have to shovel your driveways. Have fun in school, waking up at the exact time you wake up on a normal day. --says the same news stations

Endymion
12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
i dislike the whole concept of snow days. why would you want random days out of the year popped out and tacked on to the end of the year? i dislike mid-semester holidays in general, just shorten the semester by a few days.

coke_a_holic
12-05-2005, 06:31 PM
You only get extra days added on if you get too many snow days. Luckily for us, we don't normally get too many per year, so we get to miss school and not get extra days added on.

Bryan875
12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
You only get extra days added on if you get too many snow days. Luckily for us, we don't normally get too many per year, so we get to miss school and not get extra days added on.well ur a lucky bitch. i live in fucking california and where i live there never been more than like 1 inch of snow in history.

0r4ng3
12-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Over here, public schools are never closed. Seriously. I think they were still open during the blizzard of '96.

The cool thing is, if you do manage to go during a fake snow day, there are barely any other people there, so you basically do nothing. I think it's better than staying home and being bored, in my opinion.

Bryan875
12-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Over here, public schools are never closed. Seriously. I think they were still open during the blizzard of '96.

The cool thing is, if you do manage to go during a fake snow day, there are barely any other people there, so you basically do nothing. I think it's better than staying home and being bored, in my opinion.
u could play videogames or something.

coke_a_holic
12-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Montgomery County closes schools for everything. Seriously, we're the Jew of counties (2nd richest in the US last time I checked,) when it comes to supplies, but we hand out snow days for the smallest amount of sleet. Slush is enough for a 2 hour delay here.

WebDudette
12-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Video games aren't always that entertaining. In phoenix they should give us heat days like when its over 115.

Bryan875
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Video games aren't always that entertaining. In phoenix they should give us heat days like when its over 115.
they are for hardcore gamers...heheheheheh

nieh
12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
i dislike the whole concept of snow days. why would you want random days out of the year popped out and tacked on to the end of the year? i dislike mid-semester holidays in general, just shorten the semester by a few days.

Snow days once you start working full time are amazing but rare. You get paid to stay home! And you never have to make the hours up.

It's snowing here now. Yay.

Bryan875
12-05-2005, 06:44 PM
i envy u neih..thats all i have to say.

Offspring7
12-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Snow days get replaced on days like Martin Luther King Jr. Day. If we have a 2-hour delay or something, the days don't have to replaced.

All About Eve
12-05-2005, 07:07 PM
I hate snow days. Our school system builds NO days in for snow days what so ever, so we get them added on to other holidays or at the end of the year no matter what. I'd rather just have it normal.

Bryan875
12-05-2005, 07:08 PM
I hate snow days. Our school system builds NO days in for snow days what so ever, so we get them added on to other holidays or at the end of the year no matter what. I'd rather just have it normal.
thats hella fucked up!

Rag Doll
12-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Tiphani, same thing with the news here =(. I was all hoping my class would be cancelled. But my professor is coming from NYC, and they're supposed to get more than us....so I'm hoping he can't make it in or chooses not to come.

Offspring7
12-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Tiphani, same thing with the news here =(. I was all hoping my class would be cancelled. But my professor is coming from NYC, and they're supposed to get more than us....so I'm hoping he can't make it in or chooses not to come.

Well, Sam, I hope he doesn't come. It hasn't snowed a flake yet here, so I'm not even going to hope for a white ground and a 2-hour delay tomorrow morning. Disappointing.

Sunny
12-05-2005, 08:04 PM
apparently we're supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow.

fuck.

and no snowdays for me. ever. ;[

Endymion
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
apparently we're supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow.

fuck.
what was that about 7-9 inches of me?

Rag Doll
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
yeah, my university never closes...but some professors choose to not come. *hopes*

and thanks, Tiphani. I actually just heard that there's a possibility for more snow like Thursday/Friday. hm.

Offspring7
12-05-2005, 08:17 PM
yes! snow day! and i just doomed it.

Endymion
12-05-2005, 08:29 PM
*cough* the offer applies to other people in this thread too.

Rag Doll
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
I'll just hope that the offer applies to me...

...and I'll take you up on it.

0r4ng3
12-06-2005, 03:40 PM
The forecast was bullshit. I've never seen us get a negative amount of inches during a snowfall before.

Seriously, I think there was less snow out this morning than there was last night.

Tired_Of_You
12-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Snow days? No way.
Strike? YES! I won't have school Thursday and Friday because of that AND I never have classes on Mondays. I've heard there will be another strike on next Tuesday. I thought we'd end the term like in the middle of January, but all the teachers have agreed on not changing anything (at some point, people were talking about going to the college between Christmas and the new year's eve =/).

About snow days, I don't remember that I'd ever had to finish school later because of that, so I suppose it would have happened only if we did miss too many school days because of that. There's like the quarter of an inch of snow right now. boo.

killer_queen
12-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Call me emotioanal or whatever you want, I love snow days. I love snow, I don't care about schools being closed. Just seeing snow is enough for me to make my day perfect. Of course, playing with it or spending time outside make it better.