PDA

View Full Version : Technology Wizards

Offspring7
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Ok, for the technologically advanced, I need help. When I try burning CD's through Windows Media Player, it starts with the first one, says "inspecting" and then just stops working. They're mp3 files, so I don't understand why it is not working, especially after I've already burnt 3 CDs full of mp3 files. I'm using the CD "E" Drive using PHILIPS CD-R discs. This is extremely frustrating to me! Can anybody help me, or tell me whats wrong?

GreenTerror
12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Are you burning it from your library onto a disc, or from another one onto a new disc?

Offspring7
12-07-2005, 04:56 PM
They're transferred mp3 files from LimeWire.

GreenTerror
12-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Then there's probably somthing wrong with the files you're trying to get on the cd, since it seemed to have worked on some of the others. Try getting a different file for the songs you want that aren't working and do it again. I have to make a burrito and eat it now.

Jebus
12-07-2005, 05:33 PM
a bad cd perhaps?

All About Eve
12-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Make sure the disc doesn't already have something on it, and also that it's an actual writeable CD. I once got a pack that ended up being DVD writers one time and spent about an hour trying to get it to work:rolleyes:

Offspring7
12-07-2005, 05:41 PM
^haha, I've done stuff like that before.

Jebus, the other files other than the ones you sent me were the ones that screwed up the recordings.

Jebus
12-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Make sure the disc doesn't already have something on it, and also that it's an actual writeable CD. I once got a pack that ended up being DVD writers one time and spent about an hour trying to get it to work:rolleyes:
couldn't you tell by the price of the cds?

All About Eve
12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
couldn't you tell by the price of the cds?

It was over the CD price, which are in the same looking case as the DVDs, so I didn't notice that it had gone over. It was a small pack too so the prices weren't too much different.

Kitten
12-07-2005, 05:48 PM
They're transferred mp3 files from LimeWire.

Did you get a burning product with your cd-writer? Try it in Nero, or get Nero to check the disc for you, it will burn it if it can be burnt and then get it to validate the data. That should tell you where your problem lay. Also, how old is the burner? I had a similar incident, and it turned out it was the burner itself.

Offspring7
12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
^Thanks for the advice. I think I know whats wrong now, and it think it was the files that were screwed up.