PDA

View Full Version : Swimming

Offspring7
12-08-2005, 06:21 PM
First, is anybody a swimmer, and what do you swim, how long have you been swimming, and how good are you?

Second, does anybody follow swimming, or see this year's Olympics with Micheal Phelps?

PinkRoxMySox92
12-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I;m a swimmer, well, used to be. I got invited onto one of the top swim teams in my city when I was 7.
edit:btw, I'm human lolz, I'm not

Sunny
12-08-2005, 06:23 PM
well.. i love swimming, but not as a competitive sport or anything.. i just love water... lakes, creeks, pools, hot tubs, the ocean, whatever.

i'm a really fast swimmer compared to most people i know, but i can't give you any stats.

nor do i follow the actual sport.

Endymion
12-08-2005, 06:24 PM
thanks to high school pe, i can do the back stroke.

Tired_Of_You
12-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Same as Sunny. I can't tell if I'm faster than most people I know, though.

the_GoDdEsS
12-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I was good at drowning. That's all.

Jebus
12-08-2005, 06:29 PM
thanks to high school pe, i can do the back stroke.
your high school had a pool? My high school doesn't. Suddenly, I feel so deprived.

but yeah...my old apartment building had a pool but I cant' remember if I ever learned how to swim.

0r4ng3
12-08-2005, 06:30 PM
your high school had a pool? My high school doesn't. Suddenly, I feel so deprived.

but yeah...my old apartment building had a pool but I cant' remember if I ever learned how to swim.
Your apartment building had a poll? Damn, now I feel deprived.

Offspring7
12-08-2005, 06:31 PM
I was good at drowning. That's all.

Haha. I hadn't swam for 15 and 1/2 years, and just started this season for my friend. So I joined the team knowing absolutely nothing, in fact, I was basically drowning, and now I can actually do freestyle. Except I suck because I started this year. The first swim meet of my life was today, and the results were: Tiphani sucks majorly at swimming. And Micheal Phelps won 6 gold medals, tying a record, he's 18, and is mildly hot. Google Image him sometime; he's got a great body.

0r4ng3
12-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Reminds me of my indoor track team. I joined this year, as a Junior, which is a very stupid idea. First meet? 104th out of 105 one one of the races I did.

Offspring7
12-08-2005, 06:35 PM
I hate joining sports you know nothing about after years of not doing them. Which is what I'll be doing next year for Cross Country. Instead of 104 out of 105, I'll probably be 105 out of 105 by a mile.

Jebus
12-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Your apartment building had a poll? Damn, now I feel deprived.
It did for about a year of living there. Then it was semented over because it was suposely some sort of hazard for small children.
pfff... only one kid died there and that was like 5 years before I moved in. If it was two, then maybe I'd understand.

Offspring7
12-08-2005, 06:39 PM
^Somebody died in the pool of your apartment building? How do you swim there knowing that?

Endymion
12-08-2005, 06:43 PM
my high school had TWO pools and my apartment complex has TWO pools.

0r4ng3
12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Oh yeah? I've seen THREE different pools in my lifetime.

Tired_Of_You
12-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh noes. My highschool only had one pool.

I think my college has two pools. Now I feel better lolz.
Or maybe not. :( Edit : Almost forgot I have a pool in my backyard. Not I'm cool.

Jebus
12-08-2005, 06:53 PM
^Somebody died in the pool of your apartment building? How do you swim there knowing that?
I didn't really know untill it was paved over plus it's not like it was haunted or anything. I wouldn't care eitherway though.

...Endy saddens me.

coke_a_holic
12-08-2005, 06:56 PM
No pool at my high school, the swim team has to drive out to some indoor pool 20 minutes away at 4 am. That's what they get for joining the swim team.

T-6005
12-08-2005, 07:20 PM
I much prefer running- I find it a lot more comfortable, and it's not as hard to breathe once you get tired.

Then again, I'm not the best swimmer ever, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

Sunny
12-08-2005, 07:25 PM
pff, running. ;p running won't give you that instant orgasmic feeling you'll get if you soak in a hot tub for like.. 15 minutes... and then jump right in the pool.

mmmmmmh.

Betty
12-08-2005, 07:30 PM
I followed the Olympics, so yeah, not much to say about that though.

Running, swimming, and biking are all things I've tried to do to get exercise. Swimming is probably the most fun, but running I feel I get the best cardio-repiratory workout. And biking is best for the ass/thighs.

Swimming is awkward for a lot of reasons though. Chlorine is painful to the eyes and the skin and the hair. My ears are sensitive and getting water in them sucks, and I try and wear earplugs and they always fall out and stuff. I'm not in bad shape, but I'm not the most elegant swimmer. In front crawl I'm very bad at the breathing part, I get out of breath very easily. I enjoy breast stroke the most, but it's faily easy and not too strenuous. Backstrokes in general are fun, but awkward in a pool cause I have no sense of direction. Swimming is good for your joints though, so that's a plus.

Running, I hate it. But then there's that fantastic part where you've gotten past the initial pain and exhaustion and are nearing your goal and it's just the best adrenaline rush ever. But before getting to that point, it's a whole bunch of wanting to shoot myself oh-my-god-this-is-boring-and-my-body-is-so-tired. Gonna start running again a little bit after Christmas.

Sunny
12-08-2005, 07:36 PM
ughhh i hate running. :/

biking is awesome if it's 1) on really rough terrain with jumps, falls and whoopdee-doos and 2) mostly downhill. ;p

Betty
12-08-2005, 07:39 PM
All-terrain biking is fun, but I would need a proper bike to do that. I went for a few hours with my friend last summer with my shitty bike and it was fun but so excruciating. No shocks (the worst part). Shitty brakes. Etc, etc. I had huge calices on my hands from gripping the vibrating handle bars.

Sunny
12-08-2005, 07:45 PM
yah you need gloves and at least front suspension. :/

and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but like.. my uhh.. ass bones always hurt so bad after mountain biking. :/

Betty
12-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh, I forgot about that. Couldn't sit for a week. Ouch. I don't know if there's a way to get around. I know my friend has some super expensive bike seat.

Offspring7
12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
I really hate swimming. I really do. Running may be boring, but its a thousand times more fun than swimming. I'm only good at freestyle, and I have the right backstroke form, but for breaststroke and butterfly, I have no clue what I'm doing; I never actually got how to do it. And my ears are horrible; It's a wonder I even joined, but its actually fun when you make friends. Betty, how is breaststroke easy? Biking is pretty fun. Once I rode 8 miles straight. I'd like to do something like that again, but I don't have a bike. I tried using my dad's at the beach, rode like 3 miles, and I did not feel good down yonder. Out of the three, I like running the best, but I can't do track because of soccer, just Cross Country.

Sunny
12-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh, I forgot about that. Couldn't sit for a week. Ouch. I don't know if there's a way to get around. I know my friend has some super expensive bike seat.

i also think you need to be standing up most of the time when riding on rough terrain.. because fancy seat or not, your ass is gonna get beat up. :/

it's fun though.

Betty
12-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Betty, how is breaststroke easy?

Ha... maybe I'm doing it wrong? I think I'm vaguely doing it the way they taught me in swimming lessons.

I just find the breathing rhythm a lot easier to establish than for the crawl. And I don't end up running out of breath from having to hold it too long before the next one. And it's just much smoother.

Butterfly, I've never even attempted. I'd probably drown.

T-6005
12-09-2005, 12:08 AM
pff, running. ;p running won't give you that instant orgasmic feeling you'll get if you soak in a hot tub for like.. 15 minutes... and then jump right in the pool.

mmmmmmh.
I don't know, I've found that few things are better than putting yourself through two weeks of extreme running hell to get into shape... only to come to that one day.

The day where you go out after stretching a bit and just start to run and it feels like each part of your body has started moving into rhythm again, and you can just keep going on and on. It's a beautiful feeling. It's why I got hooked to running.

Seriously - it's all about achieving that level where you can surmount the little discomforts of running and take joy in all the little aspects of it. The fluidity of movement, the even pacing, the complete freedom, and the little battles with yourself when the going gets harder.

Ugh - I love running, I guess. I'm going to start again soon.

Izie
12-09-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm not particularly good at swimming, but I might work on that some day. Although I refuse to go out into the sun, so yeah, that would make swimming outdoors somewhat difficult.

I HATE running, but like Betty says, it's REALLY good exercise. I'll get back to it as soon as I'm healthy/not too busy. Boo.

And biking is <333

HornyPope
12-09-2005, 01:00 AM
And biking is <333

You just love the rub.

pretty fly 88
12-09-2005, 07:16 AM
I'm a swimmer, my best stroke is breast-stroke. Unfortunately, I've never swam for a great team, all the teams I ever swam for are teams that used to be good, but are falling apart.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-09-2005, 07:17 AM
I used to swim all the time. I think now I'd probably have the monopoly on drowning.

Nina
12-09-2005, 07:31 AM
I enjoy swimming really much. Especially in lakes. Not too keen on swimming in the ocean, no idea why, I just dont like it. And swimming pools are fun, but only the private ones...anything else (public) grosses me out.
I also like to ride bikes, but only as far as I remember (I didnt do that in FOREVER. I dont have a bike, either). You fall out of it really soon, I'm kind of too lazy to start over and get into it again.
As far as running goes...hm, depends. I havent read any long ass texts of this thread, so I dunno what you guys actually mean by running....I dont like to run, but jogging is okay. I only like to do it on my own though. I only want to look at what my body needs.

killer_queen
12-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Why wouldn't he? Dying is a normal thing. Like eating, drinking, peeing and living.
Anyway, I'm not a sea girl and swimming is not my favourite sport but being in the pool is relaxing. Still I prefer to be on the ground and dry.

Mentally_Challenged
12-09-2005, 12:38 PM
First, is anybody a swimmer, and what do you swim, how long have you been swimming, and how good are you?

I used to swim, but I gave up 2 years ago. I was doing 6 activities a week, and it just seemed a little too much. But anyhoo, I was in the Squad for about 6 months before I quit. I got my 3000m certificate when I was 9. I did synchronized swimming for about 2 years, but packed that in as well. I got about 7 water skills awards (whatever the hell they are =P), levels 1 & 2 in water rescue, and level 1 personal survival.

20 minutes treading water = owch.

Oh, and backstroke was my strongest stroke. Then front crawl (or freestyle as some may call it, but we were always told that meant front crawl and breast stroke...), then breast stroke, then butterfly. Got the butterfly legs, couldn't do the arms for the life of me.

Megs
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
meh. i don't mind swimming in a swimming pool, but never the sea or ocean, i'm scared shitless of jellyfish and crabs :o

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm good at the arms of butterfly, freestyle, and backstroke, but for the life of me I can't figure out what to do with my arms for breaststroke.

Megs
12-09-2005, 01:11 PM
backstroke and breaststroke are my best

(*giggles* i said breast! :p )

sorry about my immaturity, i can't help it.

Just a Girl
12-09-2005, 05:17 PM
i swam when i was younger. i vaguely remember being asked to swim for the county or something but i was lazy and said no.

anyhoo, i've joined the uni swimming club thing, but i 'leisure' swim rather than training because in training you have to do lots of butterfly and i suck at it. i don't move forwards, i just slowly move down and end up drowning. my best stroke is backstroke speed-wise, and i'm good at breaststroke. i have a good front crawl technique, but for some reason i'm not very fast. meh.

i enjoy swimming because i don't get bored just doing lengths, whereas i get very bored running. it's true what others have said though, i feel much better after running than i do after swimming, it seems much more effective. i've recently started doing a spin cycling class, and that is amazing. i've been doing it for about 3 weeks and my bum is already more toned. but then my ass hurts the next day, from the already mentioned unfriendly-to-bums bike seats. i hate that.

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 05:33 PM
My friend swims, and it seems pretty fun, and he says I have a pretty good feel for the water and should start up, but I don't know. I don't like doing the same thing over and over for hours.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Oh, what about flip turns? I forget to mention those. It took me forever to learn how to do that for freestyle, and I'm still clueless for the other three strokes. Who likes flip turns/actually bothers doing flip turns?

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Heh, my swimming friend (talking to him via MSN) says you're a noob for not being able to do flip turns.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 06:15 PM
I can do it for freestyle, but he is absolutely right. I am a noob. I just started learning how to swim like a month ago. After 15 1/2 YEARS of not swimming. And practices are only three a week.

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I may just dive, I can already do a 1 1/2 flip, single flip, back flip, the weird one where you push off back wards then dive forwards, and I can almost do flips with twists.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 06:20 PM
We have no diving team nor a diving board. I've always wanted so badly to jump off a high dive, but there isn't a pool around my area that has a high dive. :(

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I went to the Georgia University for a football game and was just walking around and went by their complex. They have a 1 and 3 meter board, two 5 meter platfors, a 7, and 10 meter platform. Atleast that's what the guy told me, and from how high they were I believe him.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 06:37 PM
I went to the Georgia University for a football game and was just walking around and went by their complex. They have a 1 and 3 meter board, two 5 meter platfors, a 7, and 10 meter platform. Atleast that's what the guy told me, and from how high they were I believe him.

I think every college with a diving team has those. I went to Penn State and UMBC for field hockey games, and walked past their pools with the diving boards.

Betty
12-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I can't dive much more than a belly flop. I can't do the fancy flip turns. I can't HOCKEY STOP WHEN SKATING dammit. And my bike has no brakes so I have to put my feet down to stop.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah, in the beginnig of the thread I mentioned the hottie who won 6 gold medals, and 2 bronze. Michael Phelps, people:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/CharmedChica63/800600_02.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/CharmedChica63/tx_pehlps_si.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/CharmedChica63/800600_07.jpg

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 07:00 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/CharmedChica63/800600_06.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/CharmedChica63/800600_06.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/CharmedChica63/800600_03.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/CharmedChica63/800600_01.jpg

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Hottie? He has ape arms, humongous elf ears, and a massive nose, not to mention a retarded smile and his face is disproportional.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 07:07 PM
So? He's a professional athlete, and is cute in certain pictures, plus he is still a kid at heart, which makes him hot, and vulnerable. And, HELLO, that body...daaammmnnn.

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 07:14 PM
So? He's a professional athlete, and is cute in certain pictures, plus he is still a kid at heart, which makes him hot, and vulnerable. And, HELLO, that body...daaammmnnn.

I have a sixpack and I don't even do any sports. And a pro athelete auto = hot? And a kid at heart? Have you ever talked to him?

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I have a sixpack and I don't even do any sports.

Sixpack? No sports? Unbelievable. I do 4 sports, and I only have a slight sixpack.

Yes, pro athletes are hot. No, I've never talked to him, but he seems like an OK guy, especially with the way he handled the publicity.

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Sixpack? No sports? Unbelievable. I do 4 sports, and I only have a slight sixpack.

Yes, pro athletes are hot. No, I've never talked to him, but he seems like an OK guy, especially with the way he handled the publicity.

I don't have an uber defined sixpack like his, but if you don't eat crap like McDonalds (lawlz) it's not hard.

Jebus
12-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I have a sixpack and I don't even do any sports.
sex please

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 07:19 PM
sex please

Just because you gave me those albums.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't have an uber defined sixpack like his, but if you don't eat crap like McDonalds (lawlz) it's not hard.

Hey! I can eat whatever I want and still maintain my great figure. I'm lucky that way, so it doesn't matter if I eat my fast food, because I couldn't get fat if I tried.

Betty
12-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Hahahahaha... just you wait Tiph, just you wait. Enjoy it while it lasts though.

Sunny
12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
just because you don't gain a lot of weight from it doesn't mean you should eat it... i could prolly go on a diet of twinkies, pasta, bacon and chocolate syrup and not get fat... but that doesn't mean it's good for your body.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Betty, I'm serious. It is practically impossible for me to get fat. I mean, I already lay around and eat a lot, and I don't gain anything. I'm almost sixteen, but I only weigh 90 lbs. I'm not anorexic or bulimic, my metabolism is just off the charts high. I really, really want to and try to gain weight, but the attempts are unsuccessful.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 08:01 PM
just because you don't gain a lot of weight from it doesn't mean you should eat it... i could prolly go on a diet of twinkies, pasta, bacon and chocolate syrup and not get fat... but that doesn't mean it's good for your body.

Well, yeah, but don't sports and exercise cancel out the bad foods you eat?

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Well, yeah, but don't sports and exercise cancel out the bad foods you eat?

Not always, and you'll also just generally feel better if you eat better things. Not to mention sugar makes you lose energy soon after eating it, and more than a little can lower your immune system.

Betty
12-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Betty, I'm serious. It is practically impossible for me to get fat. I mean, I already lay around and eat a lot, and I don't gain anything. I'm almost sixteen, but I only weigh 90 lbs. I'm not anorexic or bulimic, my metabolism is just off the charts high. I really, really want to and try to gain weight, but the attempts are unsuccessful.

No, I believe you!

I was a stick -- absolutely scrawney -- and probably ate as much as my father who was a full grown man, until I was about 18. Then the hormones kick in and more than likely you will gain weight a lot more easily. The pill contributes to that too, I think. Then you go to college, eat even worse junk food, and sit on your ass all day. There's hope though, don't worry.

And I agree with Mags. Eating healthy isn't just about your weight, it's also about the well being of your body in general. Sometimes I suspect that the reason I'm able to put my body through the abuse I do (ie fucked up day-rhythm, lack of sleep, etc.) is because I eat healthy. No way to prove that though, really.

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 08:11 PM
And I agree with Mags. Eating healthy isn't just about your weight, it's also about the well being of your body in general. Sometimes I suspect that the reason I'm able to put my body through the abuse I do (ie fucked up day-rhythm, lack of sleep, etc.) is because I eat healthy. No way to prove that though, really.

Eating properly is a vital part of your well being, I believe that also. Quick example; if you have cereal for breafast, you feel better than if you had a full english/american cooked breakfast. You don't feel as sluggish during the day; a cooked breakfast, especially with all that fat, makes your stomach heavy and leaves you feeling a little tired later in the day, or with lack of energy.

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 08:24 PM
No, I believe you!

I was a stick -- absolutely scrawney -- and probably ate as much as my father who was a full grown man, until I was about 18. Then the hormones kick in and more than likely you will gain weight a lot more easily. The pill contributes to that too, I think. Then you go to college, eat even worse junk food, and sit on your ass all day. There's hope though, don't worry.

Good. Theres hope for me, then.

Betty
12-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Eating properly is a vital part of your well being, I believe that also. Quick example; if you have cereal for breafast, you feel better than if you had a full english/american cooked breakfast. You don't feel as sluggish during the day; a cooked breakfast, especially with all that fat, makes your stomach heavy and leaves you feeling a little tired later in the day, or with lack of energy.

I really don't know if that's a good example at all. It could be. But I know that if there IS a good time to eat a huge fat-filled meal, it's for breakfast. Sometimes I try and eat a big breakfast since I end up being starving a few hours later otherwise.

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 08:42 PM

That's not true, it depends on what the breakfast is and what the cereal is.

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 08:45 PM
I really don't know if that's a good example at all. It could be. But I know that if there IS a good time to eat a huge fat-filled meal, it's for breakfast. Sometimes I try and eat a big breakfast since I end up being starving a few hours later otherwise.

It is a good example. An American woman was on a UK national radio station lecturing us on eating healthier (ha! the irony), so it must be true!!

I can't eat a big breakfast. Only when I'm hungover. I can eat big dinner's until the cows come home though. Which is next week.

Sunny
12-09-2005, 08:46 PM
i wish i could eat breakfast... but noo, i always feel sort of sick and ucky in the morning.. so i usually just have hot tea or orange juice. and then i curl up in a ball cause it makes my stomach hurt.

dammit! :(

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I get up so early for school I hardly eat breakfast anymore. It takes me a while to get hungry :( I miss pancakes and french toast and all teh yumz that I don't get anymore.

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 08:48 PM
That's not true, it depends on what the breakfast is and what the cereal is.

Yes, obviously. I was talking about a full english (sausages, bacon, egg, various other fat riddent foods), and a relatively healthy cereal like corn flakes or something.

But then again, I do sometimes feel better after a full English, but only when I'm in the knowledge that I'm going to have a lazy day.

Best thing about a full English is the cigarette afterwards.

Only then will I be ready to fully face the dreaded morning after the night before.

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 08:49 PM
i wish i could eat breakfast... but noo, i always feel sort of sick and ucky in the morning.. so i usually just have hot tea or orange juice. and then i curl up in a ball cause it makes my stomach hurt.

I love the NYC lifestyle

:D :D

Oh man I have a dark sense of humour.

Sunny
12-09-2005, 08:51 PM
lol.. its so awful. and my husband always makes yummy food in the morning... egg tacos, migas, pancakes, whatever.. and im like eeeee gag cant eat.

i think i have an ulcer or something. :(

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
lol.. its so awful. and my husband always makes yummy food in the morning... egg tacos, migas, pancakes, whatever.. and im like eeeee gag cant eat.

i think i have an ulcer or something. :(

Oi *pokes*, when the fudge did you get married?! :eek: I may have been a total perverted twat (their words, not mine) on the old incarnation of the BBS but you should've still informed me of something as big as that!!

A (probably very) belated congratulations :D :D

PS What are migas?

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 08:55 PM
egg tacos

Do you mean omelets?

Sunny
12-09-2005, 08:56 PM
heh, thank you! i got married like 2-3 months ago, so.. not very belated at all. ;p

and migas = "Tex-Mex breakfast using eggs, tortilla pieces, cheese, spices, and vegetables."

so good.

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Do you mean omelets?

There are many breakfasty things you can do with eggs. The classic egg barm (which is fucking lush with bacon) to omelette. mmm...

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 09:03 PM
heh, thank you! i got married like 2-3 months ago, so.. not very belated at all. ;p

and migas = "Tex-Mex breakfast using eggs, tortilla pieces, cheese, spices, and vegetables."

so good.

You yanks get all the best food :( I'm angry now.Damn you world *shakes fist* I'm quite drunk. ha!

We limeys have all the traditional stuff, bacon, black pudding *seeks out a black pudding farm and bes sick on it*, eggs, and sausage, hash brown,toast, etc.

my point is that we have not invented any new things, we dont experiment. at least Americans have the balls to invent new things for the cooked breakfast. at least you guys have the balls to experiment with foods. thats why, as much as i hate america (not really the country, but its current Government and policies), we rely on it so much. the UK food industry would either grind to a halt or be stuck in the same mundane circle of not having anything new to eat if it weren't for the USA.

what the fudge am i talking about? i dont know, do you? at least my typing is impeccable.

I think.

Jebus
12-09-2005, 09:08 PM
You yanks get all the best food :( I'm angry now.Damn you world *shakes fist* I'm quite drunk. ha!

We limeys have all the traditional stuff, bacon, black pudding *seeks out a black pudding farm and bes sick on it*, eggs, and sausage, hash brown,toast, etc.

my point is that we have not invented any new things, we dont experiment. at least Americans have the balls to invent new things for the cooked breakfast. at least you guys have the balls to experiment with foods. thats why, as much as i hate america (not really the country, but its current Government and policies), we rely on it so much. the UK food industry would either grind to a halt or be stuck in the same mundane circle of not having anything new to eat if it weren't for the USA.

what the fudge am i talking about? i dont know, do you? at least my typing is impeccable.

I think.

It's not that Americans are creative. It's more that America is extremely diverse so we get food from different cultures.

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 09:17 PM
It's not that Americans are creative. It's more that America is extremely diverse so we get food from different cultures.

80% of all known cultures (apparently) are represented in the city where I live. It's fucking diverse as hell - that contributes but is not enough.

Apart from automobiles and gameshows, America leads the way in almost every field and the rest of the world either copies or adapts.

Although sometimes you guys provide the world with some great cars

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/mustangfastback65_02.jpg

All About Eve
12-09-2005, 09:17 PM
America didn't create shit, just dragged stuff from all over and blended it.

Jebus
12-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Hombre, whe you say Americans, do you mean white people?

The_Hombre
12-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Hombre, whe you say Americans, do you mean white people?

Not really. When I say "Americans", I get an image of citizens in America, their beliefs and their general attitude (even though I know it's a big generalisation) to things...

*crying* I think about good ole stars and stripes and it crys out to me man! It crys out "This is America!! This is Freedom!!"

Mentally_Challenged
12-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Not true. If I have my bowl of weetabixs at 8, i'm always hungry. If I have something like a bacon roll, sausage sandwich, bagel with bacon and philladelphia cheese...-wipes away drool- Yeah. I can keep going until 12.45 on that. (not all of them of course, but you get the jist of it)...

dwswimmer08
12-10-2005, 12:56 PM
I am a swimmer, i swim butterfly and short distance free i cant swim any thing but butterfly and freestyle because of my shoulder i messed it up really bad last year during swimming, i have been swimming for 13 years i started swimming when i was 3 joined the team when i turned 5, i am pretty good i am one of the best on the team i might not be as good after i have surgury on my shoulder but i will just have to see what happens.

i kinda follow swimming but not a lot i might watch it on tv a few times

Offspring7
12-10-2005, 01:36 PM
I am a swimmer, i swim butterfly and short distance free i cant swim any thing but butterfly and freestyle because of my shoulder i messed it up really bad last year during swimming, i have been swimming for 13 years i started swimming when i was 3 joined the team when i turned 5, i am pretty good i am one of the best on the team i might not be as good after i have surgury on my shoulder but i will just have to see what happens.

i kinda follow swimming but not a lot i might watch it on tv a few times

Let me guess...your graduating in 2008, your initials are DW, oh and, your a swimmer. What happened to your shoulder? Have you won anything?

Just a Girl
12-12-2005, 09:59 AM

i'm exactly the same! and i can't win! if i eat breakfast i feel so sick it's not even funny, i feel sluggish and awful. but if i don't eat i feel dizzy and tired, and i get awful hunger pains. that sounds so wussy but i get so hungry it actually hurts. i tried eating fruit once and i felt good for a while, but then my stomach felt like it was burning. apparently it's not good to eat fruit before anything else because the acid gives you griping pains?

bah.

Dive
12-12-2005, 10:59 AM
I go for a swim every morning before a steam and a straight-blade shave. But I have a beard now and it's slowing my godlike ass down in the water. I'm sure you can relate, Frau Wischhausen.

Tizzalicious
12-12-2005, 11:27 AM
i'm exactly the same! and i can't win! if i eat breakfast i feel so sick it's not even funny, i feel sluggish and awful. but if i don't eat i feel dizzy and tired, and i get awful hunger pains. that sounds so wussy but i get so hungry it actually hurts. i tried eating fruit once and i felt good for a while, but then my stomach felt like it was burning. apparently it's not good to eat fruit before anything else because the acid gives you griping pains?

bah.

Hmmz. I always eat fruit in the morning. It's all I can eat. My ex told me about the acid too...but I didn't really believe him, because he tends to pretend he knows shit, but actually really doesn't.

its one fine day
12-12-2005, 12:02 PM
i enjoy swimming, though i don't swim for a team or anything like that

Twinkle
12-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I had my first meet, sucked, tomorrow is our second meet, and its away, so I'll probably suck even worse. I'm a sucker.

Twinkle
02-23-2006, 06:14 PM
I hate to dredge up this old thread, but even though you don't care, I felt I had to share this. Today was our awards program and I won the Most Improved Player(Swimmer) for Girls' Swimming. I was so excited! Yay! And I got a varsity letter and the Panther Award.

Very 1st Meet: 43 seconds in the 50 free.

Mid Penn Conference Championships: Seeded first for my heat,won first with 32.78 seconds in the 50 free.
In the 100 free, I had never swam it before individually, only in a relay which I had gotten a 1:26. I was seeded 5th in my heat, but ended up with 2nd, with a team of 1:18.

Yay! for a great swimming season.

Hux
02-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Mid Penn Conference Championships: Seeded first for my heat,won first with 32.78 seconds in the 50 free.
That's a bloody good time, well done!