PDA

View Full Version : Snow Days

NDM1
12-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Anybody else here love snow days?? I have one today and it kicks ass. I woke up and took a shower and came downstairs to find like a foot and a half of snow on the ground, so I get to stay home and do whatever today.

Italia311
12-09-2005, 07:49 AM
foot and a half? lol thats not alot. It doesn't really snow down there does it?

But hey! Yay for snow days man...

Lars
12-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Never had one, ever. Have never lived in a place where it snows enough (if at all, and here it's a rare occasion).

I did have 'rain days' though.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-09-2005, 07:57 AM
I had a snow day when I was about 6.

pretty fly 88
12-09-2005, 08:05 AM
I love snow days, especially since I'm a senior and I don't have to worry about days being added on to the end of the year, unless we get more than 6 snow days and time gets taken away from spring break. It's especially great because where I live, it only takes 4 inches of snow to cancel school.
I know other places don't get snow, and I know some people on this website don't know what snow is. Other people live in places like New england and Buffalo that get an awful lot of snow, but since the snow plows are out early and the buses have all wheel drive, it takes a lot of snow to cancel school. But where I live, it's just perfect. We get snow, but not a whole lot, and if we get 4 inches, school's canceled, like today.

nieh
12-09-2005, 08:07 AM
I got to go into work an hour late today. SNOW DAYS ROCK!!!

Back in Black
12-09-2005, 08:38 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19503&highlight=snow+days

Lars
12-09-2005, 08:38 AM
I got to go into work an hour late today. SNOW DAYS ROCK!!!
Things like this make me realise not actually having a set start/end time sucks, not that there'd be any snow days anyway.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-09-2005, 08:39 AM
On a somewhat related note, I have no college Monday because I only have History in the morning and I finished my coursework early. LOLOMG PWND

Revolver-2005?
12-09-2005, 09:06 AM
i have a snow day too, but it sucks cause my moms a complete bitch

Offspring7
12-09-2005, 09:29 AM
School got cancelled today because the plow workers went on strike and we had 8 inches of snow. Sweet! And Nickie is coming over and we're going to drink hot chocolate and possibly go sledding.

Rag Doll
12-09-2005, 09:29 AM
All my classes are cancelled today. Which is great cause I hate German. But it's bad because if I had my Public Speaking class tonight, I'd be able to give my final speech and not have that class again. Now, I need to go to class next Friday night =\

georgie/dexter
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Anybody else here love snow days?? I have one today and it kicks ass. I woke up and took a shower and came downstairs to find like a foot and a half of snow on the ground, so I get to stay home and do whatever today.

:mad: in montreal there aint no snow days unless the snow is over the damn city busses

Sunny
12-09-2005, 10:14 AM
it snowed like a motherfucker and my classes weren't cancelled. bah. but i didn't have school today anyway... =p

NDM1
12-09-2005, 11:02 AM
They are the best. And to top it off I am playing with my band at some kid's party. It will be awesome, but Im super nervous.

Back in Black
12-09-2005, 11:08 AM
I wish I lived in a school district that gets snow days. Last year we didn't have any snow days and their were at least 3 days where we could have had a snow day. We can have 10 inches of snow and we'll still have to go to school. It's fucking pathetic. I should just cut myself and die.

Tired_Of_You
12-09-2005, 11:11 AM
It takes like 5 meters of snow to close my college. The same for when I was in high school. Anyway, like i said in the other thread, we have strikes instead. I didn't have classes yesterday and I don't have classes today because of that. Yay for strikes!

It's snowing right now, but there's not a lot of snow yet :(