PDA

View Full Version : Dexter was wrong about his fans

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 09:13 AM
It took some time for me to decide where to put this thread, but I decided to put it in the general chat, cause this thing is more about the people posting here than in the general Offspring discussion..
well, Dexter and Noodles once got the question how they would describe their fans.. They both began to think, then Dexter said: "I think they're very sophisticated".
they laughed a bit about it, but since I believe that as good as everything people say is seriously meant, I also think Dexter meant what he said. Even if it's a joke, there's some meaning behind it. don't you agree? I also do believe all people aren't aware that their jokes are seriously meant. (not all jokes of course).

But anyway: I now know he was wrong. (Or he has a whole other way to describe the word "sophisticated" than me)

Too many of you here act like.. don't know. Many are egoistical and narrow-minded..Like a child or someone with very low self-esteem. I don't wanna judge anyone, but that's what I think. I don't even say I'm that good, but I know for sure many people here aren't.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-09-2005, 09:14 AM
What makes you think everyone here is an Offspring fan?

Vera
12-09-2005, 09:15 AM
I think they both kidding and kissing ass at the same time. Like it matters.

wheelchairman
12-09-2005, 09:19 AM
i tink we r all sufistocated.

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 09:21 AM
i tink we r all sufistocated.

ha, that one doesn't work on me.. I know my spelling :o

ninthlayer
12-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Ha, Per is an Offspring fan.

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 09:22 AM
What makes you think everyone here is an Offspring fan?

at least 50% ought to be Offspring-fans.. i don't know what the rest is doing here..

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 09:24 AM
I think they both kidding and kissing ass at the same time. Like it matters.

Actually, that's sort of the behavior I mean. Why do you even bother to answer? Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I care, and hopefully someone else cares, and if no one cares, don't answer and it's not a problem any more. ;)

Little_Miss_1565
12-09-2005, 09:45 AM
As I pour myself a snifter of brandy from my cut-crystal decanter and have a few puffs from my pipe between sentences, I would have to say that Dexter and Noodles were quite right about the sophistication of their fans.

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 09:47 AM
As I pour myself a snifter of brandy from my cut-crystal decanter and have a few puffs from my pipe between sentences, I would have to say that Dexter and Noodles were quite right about the sophistication of their fans.

Are you serious or not? I think they were right about some of their fans, but I have my doubts..

wheelchairman
12-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Well the context of the statement is dubious, it would be preferable if there was a source to the situation you have described. However I must concur with the little misses of the establishment.

Drum Goddess
12-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Ok someone close of move this thread. It's pointless. And yes they were joking, I mean you're just the opposite of sophisticated.

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Well the context of the statement is dubious, it would be preferable if there was a source to the situation you have described. However I must concur with the little misses of the establishment.

A source like if I would have only made everything up? the interview? It's real.

Rag Doll
12-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Ok someone close of move this thread. It's pointless.

Christ, if that's how we decided to close threads, we would have a whole lot of nothing in this forum....

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Ok someone close of move this thread. It's pointless. And yes they were joking, I mean you're just the opposite of sophisticated.

Why would I be the opposite of sophisticated?
I can easily point out which people I meant are the non-sophisticated. You're making it easy. You say it's pointless, don't you know what humility is? Can't you let me think it's a good thread?

platinumpt
12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
haha good point. There would be no sense for general chat itself. The forum itself would be pointless.

the_GoDdEsS
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Well, what the hell are you supposed to answer. They're just taking the piss.

Vera
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Actually, that's sort of the behavior I mean. Why do you even bother to answer? Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I care, and hopefully someone else cares, and if no one cares, don't answer and it's not a problem any more. ;)
I don't think it matters but I think anyone would understand that there's no way a band is going to say "Our fans are fucking idiots". If they were honest, they'd say, "All our fans are brilliant because they buy our records".

In short, it really makes no difference what a band says about its fans.

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I don't think it matters but I think anyone would understand that there's no way a band is going to say "Our fans are fucking idiots". If they were honest, they'd say, "All our fans are brilliant because they buy our records".

In short, it really makes no difference what a band says about its fans.

Of course they wouldn't say their fans are idiots, and the other example is kinda useless here, since (of course they can be lying) Offspring support the download of music, and all these one million dollar-give-away, and stuff.
So well, it maybe doesn't make much difference, but I the thing is: he said that thing, and I used it as a concrete example, just to point out how non-sophisticated people are. And recently I really discovered all preps around here, which I've always sort of believed didn't exist.

Vera
12-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Not to mention the chavs. Oh god, the chavs! It burns.

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't know what a chav is.. :confused:

XYlophonetreeZ
12-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Actually I think Dexter totally said the right thing. He knows that the fans are dumb enough to believe him when he says that, when in reality it's so blatantly sarcastic that Noodles instantly knew to laugh at it. No wonder he was valedictorian!

Bacterium
12-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Actually I think Dexter totally said the right thing. He knows that the fans are dumb enough to believe him when he says that, when in reality it's so blatantly sarcastic that Noodles instantly knew to laugh at it. No wonder he was valedictorian!

that didn't make any sense to me.. sorry

the_GoDdEsS
12-09-2005, 11:35 AM
No wonder he was valedictorian!

Haha. You sound like from the old times when everyone was going nuts over how Dexter was valedictorian, omgzorzorwtfuckzorz.