PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Island

Nina
12-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Don't you just love it?
I recently got into it again after my brother sent me a MI ringtone.
I can understand that people can find it lame, but man, when you grew up with the games you'll just find it hella amusing.

Insult: People fall at my feet when they see me coming.
Comeback: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Insult: You make me want to puke.
Comeback: You make me think somebody already did.

hehehe

Insult: Give up now, or I'll crush you like a grape!
Comeback: I would if it would stop your WINE-ING.

hahaha LAAAMMMEE and awesome.

I wish I had more time to play all the games again ;(
Did someone already play MI 4?

Idiot
12-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I've never played it, but I remember looking at some screenshots of it and it looked pretty funny.

Sin Studly
12-11-2005, 12:35 PM
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

killer_queen
12-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Yes, YES! I love you Nina, I love you sooooooo much. I was thinking about starting a thread about Monkey Island today and you can't guess how happy I am now. Even its intro music (by the way, it's got an amazing intro) make me go back to my childhood. And I don't find the insults lame. Well, it's kinda normal because I like lame jokes. Anyway, Monkey Island series are the best games I hav ever played. I was thinking about if I will be able to get the fifth one someday. And I played the fourth one. It wasn't good as Le Chuck's Revenge or The Curse of Monkey Island. I don't like the 3D thing but I had great time while playing it too.
Also, there you go, if you want to listen the intro:

http://www.worldofmi.com/files/mp3s/mi3/cd1/Intro.mp3

Endymion
12-11-2005, 12:48 PM
only the first two.

Mota Boy
12-11-2005, 12:49 PM
LucasArts adventure games rule the roost. Though the really wacky ones are fun, my favorites were the more serious games, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango.

For the past couple weeks, I've been struggling to get Day of the Tentacle to play on my computer. I can get the damn thing up and running (with sound but without any of the voices working), but I can't save it.

Also, Tim Schafer, one of the minds behind some of those Lucas Arts games, has his own company now. The latest game it created was Psychonauts, which is more of a platform game, but still incredibly fun.

killer_queen
12-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Grim Fandango don't have the charm which Monkey Island have. It was a little boring for me.

nieh
12-11-2005, 12:55 PM
LucasArts adventure games rule the roost. Though the really wacky ones are fun, my favorites were the more serious games, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango.

For the past couple weeks, I've been struggling to get Day of the Tentacle to play on my computer. I can get the damn thing up and running (with sound but without any of the voices working), but I can't save it.

Also, Tim Schafer, one of the minds behind some of those Lucas Arts games, has his own company now. The latest game it created was Psychonauts, which is more of a platform game, but still incredibly fun.

Try using this (http://www.scummvm.org/) for DOTT if you haven't already. My favorite game of the sort is Sam and Max. It was brilliant.

Nina
12-11-2005, 12:55 PM
killer_queen, I cant believe we both thought about MI today, both went to the EXACT SAME SITE today and listened to the exact same mp3.
A little creepy, I'd say...

Endymion
12-11-2005, 12:57 PM

tried scummvm (http://www.scummvm.org/) or dosbox (http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1)?

Endymion
12-11-2005, 12:59 PM
oooh, sam & max and the dig were my favorites.

killer_queen
12-11-2005, 01:01 PM
killer_queen, I cant believe we both thought about MI today, both went to the EXACT SAME SITE today and listened to the exact same mp3.
A little creepy, I'd say...
Great minds think alike, I'd say.

Izie
12-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Damn I loved that game!

Mota Boy
12-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks, Josh & Endy. I actually have downloaded both of those, with mixed results. ScummVM(tm) won't play because, apparently, of something having to do with permissions. However, I'm unable to figure out how to reset permissions. Microsoft's own helpfile on the subject leads me to a dead end (essentially go under the "Tools" tab in the Control Panel and look for a folder that's not listed).

And DOSBox is confusing as hell. After going through several increasingly-simplified walkthroughs, I managed to get it up and running. However, it still doesn't allow me to save my game.

And I really need to play Sam and Max. That's the one that, for some reason, I've never really played.

Grim Fandango may not have had the same charm of the cushier ones, but it had loads of charisma, a kickass plot and some breathtaking visuals. Plus, I'm a sucker for noir.

"My scythe - I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be."

wheelchairman
12-11-2005, 01:37 PM
DOSbox never worked for me. I tried Duke Nukem 3D on it. And I'm considering trying Oregon Trail but of course that won't work. oh woe is me!

zendor
12-11-2005, 01:39 PM
:p
Did someone already play MI 4?

i played it... it's great, it's awesome wonderful... blah blah blah

Nina
12-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Haha, arent we hyper today!