PDA

View Full Version : Wir Sind Helden

Human
12-11-2005, 07:43 PM
This is an awesome German band even though I've only heard four songs by them. I'm doing some research on "other language" bands just for the hell of it. Does anybody have any good recommendations? Actually, it isn't for the hell of it, it's because I'm sick of the damn american crap.

The eccentric cat
12-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Rammstein, best german band out there. I'll upload some songs if you want.

Human
12-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Um, okay, but do they speak a different language?

WebDudette
12-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Thats why there a German band. I've been listening to alot of Corvus Corvax ever since Sin suggested them.

The eccentric cat
12-11-2005, 07:55 PM
^^What he said:

Rammstein - Amerika (http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3V0KEUD4Q9QW42RGHUL8GFN4PC)

...And if you want to get technical, System Of A Down are of Armenian origin. The Pillows are also an awesome foreign band (Japanese). You might recognize them of doing the soundtrack for the show FLCL.

Human
12-11-2005, 07:56 PM
The closest I could find to the pillows was "Silly Pillows". WTF?

WebDudette
12-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Furi Kuri is one of my favorite shows. System of a Down have like three songs that are just Armenian.

Human
12-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Teh yayz, another one. "tocotronic"

The eccentric cat
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Furi Kuri is one of my favorite shows. System of a Down have like three songs that are just Armenian.
Really? I never heard those songs before. I just know one; after Aerials, hidden track. Oh, and FLCL(Furi Kuri) is one of the craziest shows I have ever watched, I personally don't watch it that much. But I do watch the original Japanese ones, not on Adult Swim.

WebDudette
12-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I don't watch alot of stuff on adult swim I really don't like dubbs.

The eccentric cat
12-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Especially Inuyasha.(Apologies for going off-topic)

PsychoticAndInsomniac
12-12-2005, 11:34 AM
I listen to German music as often as I can and I like Wir sind Helden. Especially Gekommen um zu bleiben and Nur ein Wort. Not that I like pop music in general, but hey, they're alright.

offspringrammsteinfan
12-12-2005, 11:45 AM
This is an awesome German band even though I've only heard four songs by them. I'm doing some research on "other language" bands just for the hell of it. Does anybody have any good recommendations? Actually, it isn't for the hell of it, it's because I'm sick of the damn american crap.

if u have msn i should be just the guy you are searching for lol.

I have loads of german music cause in my opinion german bands rock the hardest!

If it stays with recommendations, I would suggest you:

Absturzende brieftauben (very good punkband)
Das ich (Metal, bit satanic but hell...)
Die toten hosen (In my opinion the best band of the world next to offspring, punk)
Doro (rock)
Einsturzende neubauten (industrial)
Ewigheim (metal)
Farin urlaub (Rock/Punkrock)
Guttermouth (Punkrock)
In extremo (Sound like Dropkick murphys meet Rammstein)
L'ame Immortelle (Metal)
Onkel tom angelripper (metal? :P)
Oomph (Industrial/metal)
Rammstein (Industrial/metal)
Samsas traum (Rock)
Sportfreunde stiller
Such a surge (Crossover)
Wir sind helden (offcourse :P but you've already heard about 'em)
Wizo (Punk)
Zeraphine (Rock)
Zeromancer (Eventhrough they have only english songs they still sound very german :) )