12-12-2005, 01:43 PM
tcha. still loading. oh i give up.......... :(
what happens anyways?

Italia311
12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
yera war on christmas...

Vera
12-12-2005, 01:46 PM
If you know nothing about The Daily Show in general, you probably won't get it.

See also: Frenchies not getting jokes and then ruining jokes

T-6005
12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
If you know nothing about The Daily Show in general, you probably won't get it.

See also: Frenchies not getting jokes and then ruining jokes
I'm offended, Sanni. This one was quite good, actually - I might start watching the Daily Show again. I prefer Conan O'Brien most of the time.

Revolver-2005?
12-12-2005, 02:02 PM
secular comedy about christmas being religious (making fun of ppl that view it this way) but there's this woman hwo comes whom everyone applauds, she plays the pregnant woman, she looked so ugly I just quit when she said 'sorry the waters just broke'. a line that for some reason cracked up the whole audience. well, it didn't crack ME up.

Because YOU'RE AN IDIOT. Why dont you go smoke a ciggarette and neglect your arm pits for a few more years.

That daily show clip has got to be the best thing ever, I saw it a few days ago and its sooo fucking funny.

Oh yeah, if that videos loading to slowly for you heres another link

http://mediamatters.org/items/200512080005

Little_Miss_1565
12-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Maria, the Daily Show is a news programme, not a sitcom. The "Secular Central" comment was made by Bill O'Reilly, who is an extremely conservative news commentator. You might like him as a French person though--he hates immigrants.

The clip was rebutting a comment made by O'Reilly about them. It was very self-referential, so if you knew nothing of the show, you probably wouldn't get it. Just because you didn't get something doesn't make grounds to declare it worthless.

That said...BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! Osama's Homo-Bortion Pot and Commie Jizz-Porium!! STEWART FOR PREZ IN 08.

Paint_It_Black
12-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok, Conan is awesome and everything, but I'm at a loss to see how anyone could prefer watching Conan over the Daily Show.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Wow, you went from slightly humorous to horifically boring and stale in less than 20 posts, Sin Stugly. Good job. Now cease existence.

T-6005
12-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Ok, Conan is awesome and everything, but I'm at a loss to see how anyone could prefer watching Conan over the Daily Show.
I couldn't say why either, but I like Conan a lot more.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Humorous. Now die.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Up the shut fuck already.

Vera
12-13-2005, 11:00 AM
We get Conan in Finland but not Daily Show, which I understand - Conan deals with less political topics, more entertainment and more guests. Like 1565 said, Daily Show is more about the news, the very latest in politics and such. People in Finland wouldn't get 80% of the jokes anyway. Honestly, half the time I had no idea something was happening in the USA until I watch a Daily Show ep referring to it. It's still funny, though, because I've watched Daily Show enough to know something about the topics they deal with by now.

That being said, I don't really prefer either. They're both funny, though I think Conan episodes vary in quality more than Daily Show - mostly because the guests can make or break the show. Basic guideline: the more comedians, the better.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-13-2005, 12:17 PM
That absolutely made me crack up.

Though to be honest I think it's pretty self explanatory? I don't really see what's to "get".