PDA

View Full Version : Get it the fuck together, jack white.

barangatang
12-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Hookay, on sunday my homie and I went to see the white stripes play at the bill graham civic in san francisco. They put on the worst performance that I've ever seen in my entire life. Jack looked like he had just taken a large dose of cocaine. Fuck, I don't think he even finished a song, he just played half way through em' all. For doorbell he was playing really quickly and at one point meg had to catch up with him. My friend and I think that he has some seroius drug addiction.

But besides jacks shitty performance the other bands kicked major ass. Hot hot heat, deaf cab for cutie, and aduilux rocked the fucking house. And for coheed and cambria (goddamn-it, that guys voice is so high) we went around pretending to slit our wrists in front of peoples faces.

Has anyone else seen jack white play live? Was he this bad?

barangatang
12-12-2005, 11:44 PM
9 views? And no replies? Godamnit!

p.s. Bump.

The eccentric cat
12-12-2005, 11:49 PM
No, I haven't seen Jack White live. But my sister did and she said they rocked. Hmm.....

dain84
12-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Coheed and Cambria isn't emo, asshole.

bd007h
12-13-2005, 07:29 AM

they still suck

mrconeman
12-13-2005, 08:02 AM
Although I do hate the White Stripes, anytime I've seen their live performance (On tv and things) they have performed pretty great, Jack might not write great guitar riffs (IN MY OPINION) but live he does this blues improvisation stuff and hes a pretty good player indeed.
So either your not a great judge of a live show, or it was a one off it seems.

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Jack might not write great guitar riffs (IN MY OPINION)

Shut the fuck up, pussy.

barangatang
12-13-2005, 09:12 AM
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/artd/amg/music/bio/1651394_coheedcambria_200x200.jpg

bd007h
12-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Jack might not write great guitar riffs (IN MY OPINION) .

Seven Nation Army, anyone?

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-13-2005, 11:51 AM

Yeah, what about it?

its one fine day
12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Jack looked like he had just taken a large dose of cocaine.

he probably had

Jakebert
12-13-2005, 01:47 PM
they still suck

You're an idiot, and you obviously haven't heard anything other than their singles. They're one of the most talented bands out there, and write some incredibly original music. Aside from the vocals, they're brilliant. Then again, if I remember correctly, you like 3 Doors Down, so I don't expect you to know much more than that.

bd007h
12-13-2005, 01:48 PM
coheed and cambria? talented?? this coming from a green day fan.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Aside from the vocals, they're brilliant.

Beh? You're not seriously gonna try and make a case for the White Stripes music being brilliant? Surely?

Jakebert
12-13-2005, 01:55 PM

Again, you prove you're retarded and you've only heard the crappy singles. As far as whole albums, very few bands out now are that talented. The guitar work is great, the lyrics are inventive and original, and the idea of a continuing story from album to album is great.

Beh? You're not seriously gonna try and make a case for the White Stripes music being brilliant? Surely?

I don't really like the White Stripes, but I do think Jack is a pretty good guitarist.

barangatang
12-13-2005, 02:08 PM
AI don't really like the White Stripes, but I do think Jack is a pretty good guitarist.
Ahahahahaha. Maybe he's good at writing catchy songs that will be playing on your local radio station before you can say jakebert. But talent-wise? No way in fuck can you call jack a talented guitarist. Fuck, I've been playing guitar for a year and I'm just as good as him. Besides, jack wasn't really meant to be a guitarist. Before he found out that meg was OK at drums, he would play drums and guitar, and he is much better at drums.

barangatang
12-13-2005, 02:10 PM

he wrote that song while tuning his guitar before a show.

bd007h
12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
the song's nothing special, but the guitar riff is catchy

mrconeman
12-13-2005, 02:26 PM
What, one of the most cliche'd and boring guitar riffs in the history of the world?

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
What, one of the most cliche'd and boring guitar riffs in the history of the world?

IN YOUR OPINION, you mean, right? FDEHoighj OH MYG OD HOW FDARE YOUI DISAGREE AND NOT SAY OPINION! THAT IS OPINION NOT FACTE OI:UGRJF""OP:URE OIGHROIUJR:OH MY GOD!!!

mrconeman
12-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Who got your knickers in a twist?
Did you think that (IN MY OPINION) part in the first post was a jab at you relating to our last little tiff?, well it wasnt, no harm no foul.
If your just doing it to be a dick, get over it.

barangatang
12-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Jhonnynemisis: I think that mcrconnan posts a lot in with the idiots of "offspring general discussion" who will attack him every time he says something that they disagree with.

0r4ng3
12-13-2005, 09:16 PM
the song's nothing special, but the guitar riff is catchy
It was (at least slightly) ripped off of part of a Bad Religion song. No, really, listen to that one part in Supersonic.

bd007h
12-13-2005, 09:20 PM
If you have it could you please upload it for me? My limewire doesn't work because of a campus firewall

0r4ng3
12-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I'll get to that eventually.

Edit: Once I figure out how to upload files.

bd007h
12-13-2005, 09:33 PM
thanks .

dain84
12-13-2005, 10:22 PM
You're a Green Day fan, too.

But hey, so am I.

dain84
12-13-2005, 10:24 PM
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/artd/amg/music/bio/1651394_coheedcambria_200x200.jpg
So, the music isn't emo. I think of it as progressive. But yeah, his voice isn't for everyone, just like Geddy Lee of Rush.

bd007h
12-13-2005, 10:26 PM
You're a Green Day fan, too.

But hey, so am I.

there's a difference between sounding good and being talented.

dain84
12-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Oh I see what you mean.

Jakebert
12-14-2005, 05:20 PM

Sounding good isn't a fluke, at least not if it's consistant. You have to have some kind of talent to reguarly write good, catchy songs. Honestly, how can you say something that stupid and not be joking? Again, you listen to 3 Doors Down. You have no right to say what's talented and what isn't when you listen to the band that should be in the dictionary for "bland", "generic", and "stupid".

H1T_That
12-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Hookay, on sunday my homie and I went to see the white stripes play at the bill graham civic in san francisco. They put on the worst performance that I've ever seen in my entire life. Jack looked like he had just taken a large dose of cocaine. Fuck, I don't think he even finished a song, he just played half way through em' all. For doorbell he was playing really quickly and at one point meg had to catch up with him. My friend and I think that he has some seroius drug addiction.

But besides jacks shitty performance the other bands kicked major ass. Hot hot heat, deaf cab for cutie, and aduilux rocked the fucking house. And for coheed and cambria (goddamn-it, that guys voice is so high) we went around pretending to slit our wrists in front of peoples faces.

Has anyone else seen jack white play live? Was he this bad?

its death cab for cutie......not deaf

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Before he found out that meg was OK at drums

Beh? I'm still waiting to see her be anything near "OK".

ninthlayer
12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
It doesn't really matter, because they still suck.

Conspiracy of One
12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
The "deaf" part would explain why they suck, because they can't actually hear themselves, which if they did they'd leave the music scene.

original_prankster
12-15-2005, 12:29 PM
What this person said. I now own all 3 of their albums and not one of them sounds like emo to me. More like progressive rock.

Blue Orchid
03-16-2006, 10:50 PM
i saw the white stripes live at the big day out they where really good!!! some of their earlier songs where a bit crappy but yeh the new ones like blue orchid where great!! Dose anyone have there new album "Get behind me satan"???

DeAtHsTaR
03-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Sounding good isn't a fluke, at least not if it's consistant. You have to have some kind of talent to reguarly write good, catchy songs. Honestly, how can you say something that stupid and not be joking? Again, you listen to 3 Doors Down. You have no right to say what's talented and what isn't when you listen to the band that should be in the dictionary for "bland", "generic", and "stupid".
3 Doors Down sucks now, but their first album actually kicked ass.

barangatang
03-16-2006, 11:05 PM
1.Dude, don't revive old threads.
2. Yes, I do own their new album. It's pretty good.
3. Jack white split up with meg (leading up from their divorce)
4. jack White made a new band: The raconteurs.

Good day.

ruroken
03-17-2006, 10:23 AM
they still suck
I agree.

Uh...what the fuck? Aren't you thinking of the bass?

DeAtHsTaR
03-17-2006, 10:57 AM
I agree.

White Stripes has no bassist. He's playing guitar through an octave pedal.

bouncingcoles
03-17-2006, 09:30 PM
id be slitting my wrists if i had to see the white stripes live

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-19-2006, 04:28 PM

The White Stripes don't have a bassist.

I thought Jack and Meg were brother and sister?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-19-2006, 04:48 PM
The White Stripes don't have a bassist.

They were together as a couple. And Meg White is not really her last name.

mrconeman
03-19-2006, 08:22 PM
They were together as a couple. And Meg White is not really her last name.
No they werent, yes it is.

DeAtHsTaR
03-19-2006, 10:27 PM
No they werent, yes it is.
Idiot. Meg and Jack were once married and ARE NOT siblings.

Andy
03-21-2006, 06:37 AM
That's weird. I mean, really weird. Think about it: they divorced but are in a duo together, and have the same surname. Whatever happened to the old-fashioned idea of divorcing couples just hating each other and leaving it at that?

endlesst0m
03-21-2006, 11:54 AM
And for coheed and cambria (goddamn-it, that guys voice is so high) we went around pretending to slit our wrists in front of peoples faces.
Don't compare Coheed & Cambria too shitty kill yourself emo bands. That band's talent almost rivals Dream Theater's, if you actually listen to them.

Basically, the only people that still say things like that about Coheed are people that haven't heard them.

By the way, thier lyrics are NEVER about girls.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-21-2006, 12:02 PM
They were actually husband and wife for a while, but then they got a divorce. No one really knows why they claim that they're brother and sister.
From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Stripes)

That_Guy91
03-21-2006, 02:15 PM
They probably did it just to mess with people.

Also, they have no bassist, but i'm pretty sure Jack White plays bass on the albums.