PDA

View Full Version : Plus 44!

neocon58
12-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Anyone intersted in Blink 182 or their demise probably knows the story, Mark and Travis went off and formed Plus 44 and went into the studio, whilst Tom stayed out of sight for a long time, finally emerging with his new project Angels and Airwaves, vowing it will change music forever, blah blah blah, whatever dude.

Tom Delonge has hyped the shit out of Angels and Airwaves, quite a bit of publicity going on, and today (13th december) the Angels and Airwaves podcast will come out, promising our first sample of some A&A music.

Then, funnily enough, out of nowhere, with no prior publicity, a Plus 44 song appears on the Plus 44 site, BEFORE the A&A podcast comes out! I sense some rivalry, especially listening to the lyrics of the Plus 44 song, entitled "No, it isn't"

The song kicks arse too.

Check it out: www.plusfourtyfour.com

Apathy
12-13-2005, 01:17 PM
since I don't want to start a new topic, I'll post this in here too.

Tom's band, Angels and Airwaves was supposed to have a song out today, but the record label didn't let them.

You can watch the trailer at their official website though, Atom is in it since he's the drummer. Looks Okay.

Yeah, and Plus 44 is good too. Don't like the girl singer much though.

barangatang
12-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Wow, that was a pretty fucked up trailer. "Do you beleive everything happens for a reason?" pu-leez, I can't fucking wait till a&a crash and burn.

Apathy
12-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Wow, that was a pretty fucked up trailer. "Do you beleive everything happens for a reason?" pu-leez, I can't fucking wait till a&a crash and burn.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty gay too. Especially since these people at school were being dumb about it. They were saying things like " Wow, Those words are so Deep! Tom has matured!"

I told them the stuff he was saying was cliched and tired. Just gay tom, seriously.

I hope the music is good. I liked blink, but Plus 44 and AVA don'ts seem like they're going to be nearly as good.

barangatang
12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I think tom is destining them to be a total failure by creating all of this hype. He even claims that A&A are going tol change the way people listen to rock 'n' roll. I predict that their going to be worse than Eyes adrift (sublimes drummer playing country music? How fucking un-fresh is that?)

Apathy
12-14-2005, 02:22 PM
I think tom is destining them to be a total failure by creating all of this hype. He even claims that A&A are going tol change the way people listen to rock 'n' roll. I predict that their going to be worse than Eyes adrift (sublimes drummer playing country music? How fucking un-fresh is that?)

He hyped up every album though. I remember when he said Blink's S/T was going to cause world peace and cure cancer.

Jakebert
12-14-2005, 04:46 PM
He hyped up every album though. I remember when he said Blink's S/T was going to cause world peace and cure cancer.

To me, that seems like nothing more than al ittle joke. The shit I've read about Angels and Airwaves sounds like pure egotisical bullshit, and I think that's exactly why this band is going to fail. For one, it's already made a lot of people (myself included) that may be inclined to listen to it out of curiosity to become cynical about it before even hearing it. Then, when it falls short of everyones expectations, there's going to be a huge backlash.

That, and I don't see the young teenie Blink fanbase really getting into anything other than catchy pop-punk, and I think this is going to be different for that. Hell, even Boxcar Racer was a flop, and it was barely different than Blink.

original_prankster
12-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Meh. Plus 44 doesn't sound that good.

Despite Tom's ego being the size of Pamela Anderson's chest, I can't wait 'til A&A's CD. I haven't seen the trailer for the movie thing, though.

Apathy
12-15-2005, 01:31 PM
That, and I don't see the young teenie Blink fanbase really getting into anything other than catchy pop-punk, and I think this is going to be different for that. Hell, even Boxcar Racer was a flop, and it was barely different than Blink.

Box Car Racer wasn't a flop. Not by my house at least. Everyone in my school was talking about it, and the first single was on the radio every day.

Imagine that song that comes on over and over, (probably holiday, or Best Of You ) That's what The Box Car Racer songs were like. It got annoying as all hell.

If you ask me,Angels and Airwaves will sound almost exactly like Box Car Racer. I guess we'll have to see in 2006.

Hyper nova
12-15-2005, 04:11 PM
IMO Mark Hoppus can sing and Tom delonge can't, Travis is an awsome drummer, i recon plus 44 will be good and A&A will be ok but not great.

However Boxcar Racer was pretty good but not much different to Blink and was a bit one hit wonder.

Jakebert
12-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Box Car Racer wasn't a flop. Not by my house at least. Everyone in my school was talking about it, and the first single was on the radio every day.

Imagine that song that comes on over and over, (probably holiday, or Best Of You ) That's what The Box Car Racer songs were like. It got annoying as all hell.

If you ask me,Angels and Airwaves will sound almost exactly like Box Car Racer. I guess we'll have to see in 2006.

No one here liked Boxcar, although I have to admit, sometimes I find myself listening to it every now and then.

Angels and Airwaves, I think, will sound like Blink's newest album instead of Boxcar. You know, half assed attempts at sounding artsy and mature.