PDA

View Full Version : Re : Photo Album - LV Bags

HornyPope
12-13-2005, 10:25 AM
If you guys want to a start conversation over something that's been said, shown or done in the photo album, make a thread like this.

Example:

There are some really great quality $30 bags...you just need to shop around to all the different people selling them ;p. I've had some for over a year that are still in perfect condition.

Anyways...with the bag itself. Not a fan of LV =\.

I'm not saying there aren't good fakes, but for 30$ you'll be hard pressed to find someone who can afford the fabric and good assembly and still turn a profit.

the_GoDdEsS
12-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Personally I found it so ugly I would not pay the 30 for it either. But that's a matter of taste.

HornyPope
12-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah cause you're a GOTH.

the_GoDdEsS
12-13-2005, 10:30 AM
And it's all about money to you, Jew.

Tizzalicious
12-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Personally I found it so ugly I would not pay the 30 for it either. But that's a matter of taste.

Me too.

And I don't really see the point in having a $300,- bag.

Izie
12-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Me too.

Tizz speaks the truth.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I thought it was absolutely hideous. As for prices and stuff, I don't know.

wheelchairman
12-13-2005, 11:11 AM
I just hate anyone who's parents spent 1100 on their birthday. I would've been lucky to get 150. why?

HornyPope
12-13-2005, 11:16 AM
I've had a lot of wealthy kids go into my school so i'm used to seing people get rather lavish gifts. Never myself, of course.

Tired_Of_You
12-13-2005, 11:17 AM
I just want to point that out:

Is it so hard to believe that my loving parents wouldn't spend a small fortune on their little Sophie for her big 15th birthday?
What the hell, 1100$? I can only dream that my parents will do that because it will never happen. Like everyone have already said, you can find bags that cost less and they at least look good.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-13-2005, 11:18 AM
$1100?! I didn't see that.

HOLY SHIT. What the fuck are they gonna do for her 18th?! Buy her Moldovia or something?!

BATWT
12-13-2005, 11:20 AM
$1100?! I didn't see that.

HOLY SHIT. What the fuck are they gonna do for her 18th?! Buy her Moldovia or something?!

haha

(10 characters..grr)

HornyPope
12-13-2005, 11:21 AM
I just want to point that out:

What the hell, 1100$? I can only dream that my parents will do that because it will never happen. Like everyone have already said, you can find bags that cost less and they at least look good.

Well how much would you give away for your kid if you were making say 300k a year? I intend to do as much, and easily more, for my children. I wouldn't buy it in a form of a bag for example, but i'd easily take my son to a traveling spree worth some 10k. It's well worth it.

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Sophie is sweet though, so I don't mind.

My family is super duper poor, as some of you know. I stopped getting major gifts from them a looooooooooooong time ago. You know how you get to a certain age where it doesn't matter anymore? I think mine was like, 16.
I don't mind it though. I always got cool shit, an awesome meal, and fun with people.

My birthday is in three days, by the way.

Just a Girl
12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
i don't like LV bags. i hate anything which is expensive and doesn't look worth it. for that price it should be diamond studded or something, heh.

Megs
12-13-2005, 12:48 PM
hrmmm. i've never really liked louis vuitton, and no offense, but a handbag for whatever amount of money that much is stupid......pockets anyone?

killer_queen
12-13-2005, 12:56 PM
To show that you can pay $300 for a bag. I'm saying that but I kinda have an obsession about brands. Anyway, although I like Louis Vuitton I find that bag pretty ugly. I mean, it's just showing what brand it is. Well, it's a mater of choice but my father always reminds all the people who are much more smarter, prettier and more talented than me and need $200 with their whole family to live for a month. Stupid morals...

barangatang
12-13-2005, 01:03 PM
To punkydudess: Think, do you really need that handbag? What exactly is so pleasurable about a hand bag? It certainly doesn't enhance your beauty, or make boys more attracted to you. All your really saying is: "I have more money than you, so I can buy really expensive things that I don't really need"

Tired_Of_You
12-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Well how much would you give away for your kid if you were making say 300k a year? I intend to do as much, and easily more, for my children. I wouldn't buy it in a form of a bag for example, but i'd easily take my son to a traveling spree worth some 10k. It's well worth it.We don't know if her parents make 300k a year and I'm talking about the price of the bag. 1100$ for a bag... Mine costed 30$ and personally I think it looks much better. I guess if I'd be rich I'd buy some expensive things for my children/child. At least, if you travel it's worth it, you'll get great memories, you'll learn interesting stuff, etc, but a bag!? What do you intend to do to make 300k a year?

DirtyMagical
12-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Carrying a Loius Vuitton bag is asking to get robbed.

Sunny
12-13-2005, 06:50 PM
heh, glad you made this thread, cause i didn't wanna pollute the photo album... but i was like WTF and wanted to comment.

i'd never get a LV bag. if someone gave me one, i'd prolly sell it. ;p i dunno, i'm somewhat of a label whore, like.. i looove designer jeans.. >_> but spending $1100 on something just because it's a status symbol (and a fairly trashy one, at that) is just beyond me.

also, Rag Doll made a good point about the Canal Street fakes, and really, the quality isn't that low. It's good enough to fool people, certainly. I got fake Chanel earrings there and they look exactly like the real ones.

Is it so hard to believe that my loving parents wouldn't spend a small fortune on their little Sophie for her big 15th birthday?

it's not the cost of the gift, hell, my husband got like.. a $4000 bike for his birthday, and i think it was reasonable. it's the pointlessness of it that weirds me out.. cause that bag is worth $150 TOPS. you're just paying for the LV print.

barangatang
12-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Also think about all of the poor children in asia that died to make those bags.

HornyPope
12-13-2005, 07:08 PM
We don't know if her parents make 300k a year and I'm talking about the price of the bag. 1100$ for a bag... Mine costed 30$ and personally I think it looks much better. I guess if I'd be rich I'd buy some expensive things for them. At least, if you travel it's worth it, you'll get great memories, you'll learn interesting stuff, etc, but a bag!? What do you intend to do to make 300k a year?

I don't disagree with that at all, I was just saying how money is relative. In my preppy school i've seen on more than one occasion a teenage girl walk in with two thousand dollar diamond earing simply because her daddy got her mommy 10000$ pair the week before and the daughter felt jealous; and what's a 2000$ to solve a family feud when you're making millions? Just take her to a jewerly store after school. Money is hardly a concern.

DirtyMagical
12-13-2005, 08:26 PM
So much money in such a little thing like an earring... seems like a waste...
If I had that much money I'd buy something BIG. ahahha...It's quantity over quality for me... since well... quality leads to attachment and anything can get lost... I'd feel too bad.

Sunny
12-13-2005, 08:29 PM
i agree about the attachment part, i know people who have $20,000 diamond rings and i can't imagine how they feel safe wearing the damn thing.. ORRR taking it off, for that matter. it's just a small ring.. easy to lose. :/ i'm terrified of losing my engagement ring and hell it wasn't anywhere near that much. beep.

Rag Doll
12-13-2005, 08:34 PM
For something that expensive....yeah, fakes are where it's at. I mean, psh, god forbid you get pen or coffee on it. It's a *white* bag, it's gonna get destroyed. I had a pink Coach bag that only cost me $90 at the Coach outlet, and I was pissed as all hell when I got a pen mark on it. Can't imagine how pissed I'd be if it cost more than 10x that amount. I highly dislike LV, so I wouldn't spend a dime on one of those. I have some real designer bags, but nothing too expensive....and the quality is totally worth it. Plus, I bought all mine myself, so yeah.

Sunny
12-13-2005, 08:47 PM
mmm, outlets. i recently discovered the world of outlet malls, it was spectacular. ;p

i don't think i have any real designer bags... well, a small kate spade for dressy dressyness.. and some kenneth cole stuff. other than that, i really don't see the point of spending a fuckton of money on something that IS gonna get really beat up. i carry my black kc handbag with me everywhere and it's already fucking falling apart.

the only LV thing i'd ever consider getting is this bracelet..

http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/10544976/p10544976_ph_hero.jpg

Little_Miss_1565
12-13-2005, 08:51 PM
That bracelet is rawther sexy...rrrrowr.

Sunny...is your sig quoting Ace of Base?...

Rag Doll
12-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Have you ever been to woodbury commons? good stuff there.

yeah, i could never spend a ton of money on a designer bag. The most expensive one I have was $158, and it's in perfect condition and I use it every day. If it was beat up, I'd cry ;p. My schoolbag is pretty beat up though, but that only cost me like $50 from neighborhoodies.com.

hm. that's cute. it doesn't have the logo all over it, which is nice (and pretty shocking).

Sunny
12-13-2005, 08:52 PM
...yes it is.

DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! i saw "the sign" video on iTunes and i was hooked.. again.. after a 10 year break.

;[

DirtyMagical
12-13-2005, 08:52 PM
That bracelet is really pretty... I wonder how much that costs though...

To think about it, I don't even know what brand my bag is.=/

DirtyMagical
12-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I noticed the Ace of Base reference too...
I wanna download them now.

Sunny
12-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Have you ever been to woodbury commons? good stuff there.

nope.. i've only been to ones in Texas, lol. i'm gonna have to check it out sometime.

and yeah, $160 is like.. the most i'd ever spend on a bag too.

DM, the bracelet is $219, i think. it's too much for a scrap of leather, but.. *wants*

Punky Dudess
12-13-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't think people should rip out on me because of something my parents bought me because i really thought the design was original and perdy, (and because i saw it in Mean Girls) but it has been mentioned before that these kind of things are an aquired taste, so you either love 'em or hate 'em. I know i do.

Mentally_Challenged
12-13-2005, 11:46 PM
original? Far from it love.

Izie
12-14-2005, 01:05 AM
The LV pattern makes me go "eeeeek" every time I see it, ESPECIALLY the colours on white one. The brown one is more bearable, but it's generally butt ugly.

And wah wah, I want semi-cheap knockoffs :/

Sin Studly
12-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Way to raise shitty spoiled brats.

Sunny
12-14-2005, 07:17 AM
I don't think people should rip out on me because of something my parents bought me because i really thought the design was original and perdy, (and because i saw it in Mean Girls) .

AHAHAHAH thats amazing.

i don't think people are "ripping" on you, it's just that.. well.. i don't feel it's an acquired taste... it's just something *everyone* has, real or fake. i see at least 15 LV bags every day.. and it's become the epitome of super overpriced trashiness. at least over here.

Punky Dudess
12-14-2005, 09:36 AM
It goes with any outfit i wear and i simply adore its little designs.
And, besides, who's to say that it's not a fake and my parents decided that they'd trick me into thinking that i had something really sophisticated. Is there ACTUALLY anyway of telling? A special print or label or something?

Mentally Challenged: The design is original because no one else has done anything like that....

Punky Dudess
12-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Way to raise shitty spoiled brats.

Actually, it's just being generous.
I have to work for MY cash, and they don't give me a penny unless they're sure I'm going to pay back my debt. Luxuries like this are rare and reserved for special occasions, (Such as birthdays).
So if i want designer labels any other day of the year, it comes out of my stash, which is considerably small.

Nirushika6789
12-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Really I don't see the point in such an expensive bag...all bags do the same job and after a while your sure to get sick of it

so why pay so much for something that you are going to change in a while anyway?!

Megs
12-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Actually, it's just being generous.
I have to work for MY cash, and they don't give me a penny unless they're sure I'm going to pay back my debt. Luxuries like this are rare and reserved for special occasions, (Such as birthdays).
So if i want designer labels any other day of the year, it comes out of my stash, which is considerably small.
no offense soph love, but the stash is only small because everytime you go and buy something you spend it all in one go!

Punky Dudess
12-14-2005, 10:44 AM
no offense soph love, but the stash is only small because everytime you go and buy something you spend it all in one go!

No shit, Abbi-yuh. I'm a female on a mission to spend. Do not try and stop me. But at least they're necessary items such as clothes, not bloody gimicky junk.

the_GoDdEsS
12-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Reminds me of my friend. "Oh God, I never have money. I don't have enough money. Blah blah blah" Yet she buys the most expensive cosmetics, food and clothes. And I mean, she doesn't really have much money either, I just don't understand why she can't buy cheaper stuff. Some women are stupid and don't think when they're shopping.

Punky Dudess
12-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Reminds me of my friend. "Oh God, I never have money. I don't have enough money. Blah blah blah" Yet she buys the most expensive cosmetics, food and clothes. And I mean, she doesn't really have much money either, I just don't understand why she can't buy cheaper stuff. Women are stupid.

I usually have plenty of money, but around this time of year where shopping is a weekend MUST then i'm a bit stripped for cash, especially since I've spent a minimum of 10 on my family of four. None of the money this month has been spent on myself.

Megs
12-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Reminds me of my friend. "Oh God, I never have money. I don't have enough money. Blah blah blah" Yet she buys the most expensive cosmetics, food and clothes. And I mean, she doesn't really have much money either, I just don't understand why she can't buy cheaper stuff. Some women are stupid and don't think when they're shopping.
no shit. sophie would be the one buying sushi every week if we lived together i'd be the one getting bread, dairy stuff and ready-noodles :D

Megs
12-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I usually have plenty of money, but around this time of year where shopping is a weekend MUST then i'm a bit stripped for cash, especially since I've spent a minimum of 10 on my family of four. None of the money this month has been spent on myself.
*coughs* i'd better get my crimbo gift soon....*hints* :p

Punky Dudess
12-14-2005, 10:59 AM
*coughs* i'd better get my crimbo gift soon....*hints* :p

Psh, you don't even know how much you spent on me...*uh huh......*
Patience, Abs, you'll get yours.

Punky Dudess
12-14-2005, 11:00 AM
no shit. sophie would be the one buying sushi every week if we lived together i'd be the one getting bread, dairy stuff and ready-noodles :D

Is that so? You know very little about me then. I'd rather go hungry than waste valuble pennies on bloody 'designer' food. Though, i wouldn't be caught dead or alive in Pound-stretcher.

Megs
12-14-2005, 11:01 AM
exactly. i think...wait...i'm confused!!!! :( :confused: :(

Nirushika6789
12-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Though, i wouldn't be caught dead or alive in Pound-stretcher.
Now now...snobbyness will not get you anywhere

I personally dont go into it because there isnt anything in there that I want but I do go in when I have to or if I will get something cheaper...

killer_queen
12-14-2005, 11:24 AM
That reminded me of me. I just love all those expensive stuff but I'm not working and never feel bad when I don't have money. Because I don't need. I don't know what to do when I go to university.

sKratch
12-14-2005, 12:13 PM
DM, the bracelet is $219, i think. it's too much for a scrap of leather, but.. *wants*
Am I the only one who saw this? What the god-fearing FUCK? I can't think of many worse ways to spend $219.

Sunny
12-14-2005, 02:06 PM
i can. oh, how i can.

JohnnyNemesis
12-14-2005, 04:52 PM
what's the point of material possessions, oh lord?

Er, don't you go to business school?

Sin Studly
12-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Maria's only naked around twelve-year olds.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/AmonGoth/horrific%20horror/maria2.jpg

Just a Girl
12-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Now now...snobbyness will not get you anywhere

i went into poundland the other day (because my boyfriend is cheap) and i felt dirty when i came out *shudders* and i *love* saving money and buying cheap stuff. designer things mean nothing to me. and i don't give a shit how much something cost, if it's trashy, it's trashy, even if it cost you a million billion pounds. in fact, i'm prouder when i have something nice that was cheap, than when i have something expensive. so i don't consider not wanting to shop in poundland snobby. it's not exactly quality stuff now, is it?

and by the way, i love the way you jump on every bandwagon going.

DirtyMagical
12-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I never see "fashionable" people with Loius Vuitton bags, mostly it's asian ladies over 45, maybe that's just Toronto though...

Tizzalicious
12-14-2005, 11:12 PM
i went into poundland the other day (because my boyfriend is cheap) and i felt dirty when i came out *shudders* and i *love* saving money and buying cheap stuff. designer things mean nothing to me. and i don't give a shit how much something cost, if it's trashy, it's trashy, even if it cost you a million billion pounds. in fact, i'm prouder when i have something nice that was cheap, than when i have something expensive. so i don't consider not wanting to shop in poundland snobby. it's not exactly quality stuff now, is it?

and by the way, i love the way you jump on every bandwagon going.

Agreed on everything.

I like cheap stuff, I prefer having lots of cheap clothes over having 1 really expensive thing. And I really couldn't care less about labels.

I also don't understand the way people often buy the ugliest shit only because it's a designer thing.

wheelchairman
12-15-2005, 12:53 AM
lolz Johnny *I* go to business school.

the brown LV bags are not uncommon at my school actually. but dickney (DKNY) is where the real fashion is at.

God I know how this looks...

Tizzalicious
12-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Yes.

You are teh gayz.

Salmon too?

wheelchairman
12-15-2005, 01:49 AM
Yes.

You are teh gayz.

Salmon too?
I have Marketing at the highest level. jeez

Tizzalicious
12-15-2005, 01:51 AM
I have Marketing at the highest level. jeez

Yeah, imagine your gay-level if you were learning to be a hairdresser :(

wheelchairman
12-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah, imagine your gay-level if you were learning to be a hairdresser :(
I'll never say you have nice hair again. :(

Tizzalicious
12-15-2005, 01:55 AM
I'll never say you have nice hair again. :(

You can, just don't try to cut it! Or dye it. Or give avice on hairmasks.

Sunny
12-15-2005, 07:28 AM
wtf Per I didn't know DKNY was popular in Europe. somehow that's weird to me.
funnily enough bitch went to my school, ha. =p

wheelchairman
12-15-2005, 07:31 AM
I used to think it was a Danish brand (DK is short for Denmark.)

what always makes me giggle is FCUK lolz fuck

Sunny
12-15-2005, 07:38 AM
i think they used to make "I love to fcuk" and "go fcuk yourself" shirts.. they were so adorable in that immature way. ;p

Punky Dudess
12-15-2005, 09:33 AM
FCUK is really big in England hence French Connections Uinted Kingdom- despite what other people thinking it stands for Fast Cars UK, it doesn't.
I think the label itself is quite funky, but when it's just printed on T-shirts in that tacky sort of way, it completely degrades the whole point of it, making it seemingly cheap.