PDA

View Full Version : Local H

dain84
12-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Great two piece band. Their singer/guitarist installed bass pickups on his guitar so he can play both with one instument! They remind me of Nirvana.

dalaksta
12-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Never heard of the band and cool.

dain84
12-17-2005, 02:43 PM
You should check them out.

Nirushika6789
12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
I haven't heard of them but they sound SO COOL!

coke_a_holic
12-17-2005, 02:50 PM
I've heard about 3 songs by them, but I can't remember how any of them go. They're one of those bands where it turns out they sing that song you've known for the past 5 years.

Nirushika6789
12-17-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm going to download some of their songs

which are they most popular so as I will be able to see if I actually have heard of them

dain84
12-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Their only hit was "Bound for the Floor." (also known as the copacetic song)
My favorite songs:
Bound for the Floor
Fritz's Corner
All the Kids Are Right
California Songs
Eddie Vedder
High Fiving Motherfucker
Nothing special
No Problem (great acoustic song)

Nirushika6789
12-17-2005, 03:05 PM
All the Kids Are Right
)
haha sounds familiar lol

and thanks...downloading coapetic (sp) now

dain84
12-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Of the dozens of grunge (or "heavy alternative") bands that emerged in the wake of Nirvana's success, one of the few that managed anything close to Kurt Cobain's emotional resonance was Local H. Just as much of Nirvana's early material was informed by Cobain's experiences growing up as a misfit in blue-collar Aberdeen, Washington, Local H's Scott Lucas spun a loose concept album out of life in Zion, Illinois, a dead-end town in the industrial Midwest, for the group's second disc, As Good As Dead. Though Kurt Cobain's artier ambitions added an oddball sonic undertow to his neo-Sabbath dropped chords, Lucas's tastes obviously run to meat-and potatoes hard rock, with just enough of a melody line to give you something to hum while you bang your head. But while Lucas has the guitar (and bass) style of a rock dude, like Cobain, he has the soul of a punk rocker, albeit one growing up in a nowhere town who isn't sure how to get out. Thirteen songs written in the voice of a guy who never got past the city limits, As Good As Dead is a litany of bitterness over a life that's being wasted before your very eyes, from the dumb-ass machismo of "High-Fiving MF" and the delusional nostalgia of "Back In The Day" to the self-destructive dysfunctional relationship of "No Problem" and the alcoholic self-loathing of "Fritz's Corner." Even the album's funny moments speak of disappointment and dashed hopes -- in "Lovey Dovey," Lucas sounds happiest when his best friend is fighting with his girlfriend, and while the line "If I was Eddie Vedder/ Would you like me any better?" cuts several ways at once, there's something in the delivery that suggests Lucas knows the answer ... and doesn't want to hear it. Musically, As Good As Dead sounds just as brutal as its lyrics; while there's a graceful minor-key lyricism to quiter number like "No Problem" and "Eddie Vedder," Lucas and drummer Joe Daniels bash with an unsettling intensity on "Nothing Special" and "I Saw What You Did And I Know Who You Are." While the two sludgy slow numbers that close the album bring As Good As Dead to a disappointing conclusion, maybe it's appropriate -- you can't end an album about failure on a note of triumph, and anyone who grew up in a one-paper town will doubtless wince with recognition at the bitter hoplessness of As Good As Dead. ~ Mark Deming, All Music Guide

dain84
12-17-2005, 03:06 PM
haha sounds familiar lol

and thanks...downloading coapetic (sp) now
You should probably search "bound for the floor." That's the actual name of the song.
also, be sure to check out all the kids are right. It's a great song about a band that sucks live.

dain84
12-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Another good song is "half life"

Nirushika6789
12-17-2005, 03:28 PM
cool

i downloaded a few songs..i haven't heard them before lol...and they sound pretty good :p

dain84
12-17-2005, 03:30 PM
cool

i downloaded a few songs..i haven't heard them before lol...and they sound pretty good :p
Which ones you download?

JohnnyNemesis
12-17-2005, 03:32 PM
I have a few of their albums. They're pretty decent, but their breakthrough album "As Good As Dead" is a masterpiece that you should all check out.

Never heard of the band and cool.

I'm going to just start deleting your posts if you keep doing this. If you have nothing to say, don't post.

Nirushika6789
12-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Which ones you download?

Copacetic*
just dont get it
all the kids are alright**

*Copacetic = Bound For The Floor
**all the kids are alright = All The Kids Are Right

Nirushika6789
12-17-2005, 04:01 PM
haha sorry i got those wrong...thanks for editing them JN

nieh
12-19-2005, 07:54 AM
I had a handful of songs on my computer a while ago (I might still have them, I'd have to check). Bound for the Floor and Cynic (I think?) were my favorites out of them. I ended up buying Whatever Happened to P.J. Soles but it wasn't too thrilling aside from a few decent tracks.