PDA

View Full Version : Legends

dalaksta
12-17-2005, 05:59 AM
What are the artists/bands that will never be forgotten?
I say:
Led Zeppelin
Miles Davis
Etc...

Your lists.

0r4ng3
12-17-2005, 06:05 AM
Who's Miles Davis?

offspringrammsteinfan
12-17-2005, 06:14 AM
I say:
Led Zeppelin
Miles Davis
Etc...

Your lists.

Yeah who's miles davis :confused:

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Hahaha! I've heard of the name but I don't know who he is.

0r4ng3
12-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Yep, we'll never forget 'ol what's-his-name.

Drummerguy123
12-17-2005, 09:12 AM
:eek: You've never heard of Miles Davis!!!!!!!! *faints*

He was only the greatest jazz trumpeter of all time!

dalaksta
12-17-2005, 09:13 AM
:eek: You've never heard of Miles Davis!!!!!!!! *faints*

He was only the greatest jazz trumpeter of all time!
Thank you Drumerguy123, how the fuck do you guys NOT know who MILES DAVIS is?

Drummerguy123
12-17-2005, 09:19 AM
Thank you Drumerguy123, how the fuck do you guys NOT know who MILES DAVIS is?

I know! I can't believe people could forget someone like this! It's like forgetting about John Coltrane, Elle Fitzgerald, Charlie Parker, and Loui Armstrong!

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 09:23 AM
John Coltrane, Charlie Parker

Who and who?

0r4ng3
12-17-2005, 09:24 AM
I know! I can't believe people could forget someone like this! It's like forgetting about John Coltrane, Elle Fitzgerald, Charlie Parker, and Loui Armstrong!
I've heard the name Coltrane, I know of Ella Fitzgerald, but I'm drawing a blank on the other two.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 09:37 AM
I've heard the name Coltrane

You might be thinking of Robbie Coltrane. Played Hagrid on the Harry Potter films.

0r4ng3
12-17-2005, 09:42 AM
No, I'm sure the Coltrane I've heard of is a musician.

JoY
12-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Legends?
Elvis Presley, Tupac Shakur, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain.

funny, isn't it? how everyone, who died a rather violent death, often ends up being a musical legend & how it's always the most famous dying such deaths.

then there are a couple living;
Madonna, Michael Jackson.

JoY
12-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong. the -s is silent.

they'll always be major legends to me & I'll love them till the end of fucking time, but I'm afraid that on a world-wide scale.. they will be forgotten. it's not right, but it's okay. which brings me to Whitney Houston.

killer_queen
12-17-2005, 10:03 AM
WTF? You people never heard of Miles Davis? You don't know what you are missing.
Joy, you are right. Tragic deathes make people more famous. I've always thought George Harrison and Paul Mc Cartney were the real talents of The Beatles.
I want to add Frank Sinatra.
Drummerguy, Ella, not Elle Fitzgerald and Louis, not Loui Armstrong. I suggest the song Dream a Little of Me by them to everyone.

T-6005
12-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Very jazzy selection of legends we've had so far - with half the people supporting it and half the people proving that they're already semi-unknown.

It is sort of sad that people don't know who John Coltrane is.

coke_a_holic
12-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Miles Davis is fucking amazing, you people should be ashamed of yourselves. But seriously, Dizzy Gilespie, Hendrix, and Eric Clapton will probably not be forgotten either.

dalaksta
12-17-2005, 11:02 AM
I know, this forum has gone to hell! Why don't any of you know any of the greatest artists of all time?
Don't forget Horace Silver!

dalaksta
12-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Miles Davis is fucking amazing, you people should be ashamed of yourselves. But seriously, Dizzy Gilespie, Hendrix, and Eric Clapton will probably not be forgotten either.
Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Drummerguy123
12-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong. the -s is silent.

they'll always be major legends to me & I'll love them till the end of fucking time, but I'm afraid that on a world-wide scale.. they will be forgotten. it's not right, but it's okay. which brings me to Whitney Houston.

Oh, sorry. Those must have been typos.

I can't believe you people have never heard of these guys!

offspringrammsteinfan
12-17-2005, 04:00 PM
"My list of legends then? :)

Slash

Jakebert
12-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Pete Townsend
Michael Stipe
Joey Ramones

There are some that probably won't be remembered, but should be like Thurston Moore, Black Frank, Bob Mould, and of course, Lou Reed.

coke_a_holic
12-17-2005, 05:47 PM
"My list of legends then? :)

Slash
Slash is a watered down Jimmy Page.

Jebus
12-17-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't really listen to music from "legends" but John Mclaughlin deserves a mention and probably is one in his respective genre.

offspringrammsteinfan
12-18-2005, 04:37 AM
Slash is a watered down Jimmy Page.

You're such an coke-a-holic

JoY
12-18-2005, 05:02 AM
WTF? You people never heard of Miles Davis? You don't know what you are missing.
Joy, you are right. Tragic deathes make people more famous. I've always thought George Harrison and Paul Mc Cartney were the real talents of The Beatles.
I want to add Frank Sinatra.
Drummerguy, Ella, not Elle Fitzgerald and Louis, not Loui Armstrong. I suggest the song Dream a Little of Me by them to everyone.
Hey! don't go around accusing; I've heard of Miles Davis. ;p
I've got a couple of things on my computer. godfuck, how I love jazz.<33

I've always thought the same about the Beatles too. don't get me wrong; John Lennon, respect y'all yo. but frankly, hearing back live tapes, basement recordings, watching documentaries on dear ol' Johnnie, I can't help, but think every time; you arrogant fucking thunder-stealing bastard. Paul was the most handsome of all of them anyway. :p

good addition. strange Frank Sinatra hadn't been mentioned yet.
as long as we're adding anyway & are honouring the scene of jazz; Michel Petrucciani. I bet a lot of you culture-barbarians have never heard of this little handicapped pianoplaying legend. he deserves the mention.
then for gypsy; Lakatos. anyone who's familiar with the scene has to have heard of this absolute legend.

& I suggest the entire bbs runs to the store right now to get Ella & Luis cd's. <3 *sniffs* <3

Mannen som blev en gris
12-18-2005, 05:42 AM
I say:
Led Zeppelin
Miles Davis
Etc...

Your lists.
Uh... it's pretty dumb to have "etc" in a list... but whatever. Legends. Ronnie James Dio. I know, I know, he's not as big as the other ones mentioned, and isn't really that famous at all. He should be though. He's played in both Rainbow and Black Sabbath, and Sabbath was like... the first heavy metal band ever. He's been an artist for 35 years now, and seriously, according to some, he fucking INVENTED "\m/" (or at least he was the first one who used it the way it's now used... Before that it was just a satanic symbol I think)

coke_a_holic
12-18-2005, 11:21 AM
You're such an coke-a-holic
And you listen to Offspring, your point is?

I noticed the lack of bass legends, so:
Victor Wooten of many bands, Jaco Pastorius of Weather Report, and Les Claypool of Primus.

JohnnyNemesis
12-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I've got to say, I'm in 100% complete shock that certain people never heard of Miles Davis or John Coltrane. What in the fuckin' fuck?!

Drummerguy123
12-18-2005, 12:15 PM
I've got to say, I'm in 100% complete shock that certain people never heard of Miles Davis or John Coltrane. What in the fuckin' fuck?!

Well said .

Flexing Wings
12-18-2005, 01:57 PM
On the oldschool jazz/blues front:
Peggy Lee and James Brown for me...

Other (deceased) legends not mentioned:
Joe Strummer and Freddy Murcury

killer_queen
12-18-2005, 02:04 PM
How could I forget Freddie? He is my number one. He is my idol. He is a real rock star.

0r4ng3
12-18-2005, 04:35 PM
All right! I get it! I'm a bad person for not knowing some people! Quit rubbing it in!

Hypodermic_89
12-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Social Distortion
Dead Kennedys
Ramones
Mellakka (finnish punkband)
Cock Sparrer

JoY
12-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Social Distortion
Dead Kennedys
Ramones
Mellakka (finnish punkband)
Cock Sparrer
some of those have already been forgotten by the general public/audience.

All About Eve
12-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Pretty much anyone who is played on oldies stations on a consistent basis + all those jazz guys will be remembred.

Drummerguy123
12-19-2005, 09:10 AM
All right! I get it! I'm a bad person for not knowing some people! Quit rubbing it in!

Yes you are a very horrible person. Now die a cruel slow death from impalement with a coat hanger.

^retarded moment of the day

:rolleyes:

dalaksta
12-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Couldn't of said it better my self.

JohnnyNemesis
12-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Couldn't of said it better my self.

Heh, you definitely couldn't.

JoY
12-19-2005, 09:30 AM
no one can say it like Rickyrickrick can. *orgasms*

dalaksta
12-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Heh, you definitely couldn't.
Yeah, I know.