PDA

View Full Version : Remember when everyone got all vaginal about SWOYM being deleted?

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 08:18 AM
And I said it was a completely pointless thread and most people exploded?

When was the last reply to it? 28th November.

Thanks for proving my point, ladies and gentlemen.

BATWT
12-17-2005, 08:19 AM
SWOYM? whassat

TheUnholyNightbringer
Say Whatever's On Your Mind.

the_GoDdEsS
Hahaha. Good.

BATWT
12-17-2005, 08:20 AM
aaaah, that is a pretty stupid thread though.

and tee hee, you said vaginal

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2005, 08:20 AM
This board has a thing for vaginal and buttsects.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 08:21 AM
I suggested candlelight dinners and strolls in the park but it never caught on.

BATWT
12-17-2005, 08:22 AM
seems more of an obsession for the buttsecks, with all the gay threads and all

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 08:23 AM
seems more of an obsession for the buttsecks, with all the gay threads and all

*Whispers* straight couples have buttsex too.

BATWT
12-17-2005, 08:24 AM
yes, that is true, but it is much more popular amongst the homosexual male community, is it not?

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2005, 08:25 AM
yes, that is true, but it is much more popular amongst the homosexual male community, is it not?

That's a stupid assumption.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 08:25 AM

I dunno, I haven't had a chance to ask them all yet.

BATWT
12-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I dunno, I haven't had a chance to ask them all yet.

smartarse.

Vera
12-17-2005, 08:58 AM
P to the W to the N...

wheelchairman
12-17-2005, 09:25 AM
I won't name names, but there is someone on the BBS who's had buttsex ..in front of her hanson posters.

An oldie but a goldie (i.e. I've said it before but I still find it amusing to the max)

JoY
12-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Random Thoughts was much, much better.

platinumpt
12-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah, good point Dave! I hope this thread, however, doesn't serve as a reminder for someone to bump that shit.

Tizzalicious
12-17-2005, 11:26 AM
I won't name names, but there is someone on the BBS who's had buttsex ..in front of her hanson posters.

An oldie but a goldie (i.e. I've said it before but I still find it amusing to the max)

*sigh*

And just because a thread doesn't get replies for a while, doesn't mean it was pointless. A lot of people liked it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 11:36 AM
This isn't the first time it's had long periods of inactivity since it was deleted.

Tizzalicious
12-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Maybe they have nothing on their mind?

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Pfft, like that's likely. The chat just happens elsewhere.

Not Ozymandias
12-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Delete it again, please.

0r4ng3
12-17-2005, 12:55 PM
What's the point? It's practically gone as it is.

Drummerguy123
12-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Delete it again, please.

That is not a good idea. People would get enraged over it again.

Not Ozymandias
12-17-2005, 01:23 PM
What's the point? It's practically gone as it is.
Just in case someone ever tries to bring it back.

Sunny
12-17-2005, 01:25 PM
i never quite understood people who defended SWOYM.

hmph.

0r4ng3
12-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Do you mean that you don't see their side of the argument, or you can't comprehend their posts? I'd think it was the latter.

BATWT
12-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Do you mean that you don't see their side of the argument, or you can't comprehend their posts? I'd think it was the latter.

fightin' talk

HornyPope
12-17-2005, 01:35 PM
i never quite understood people who defended SWOYM.

hmph.

Remember when you dated Sky? Yeah. We all do stupid things when we're young. Really stupid things.

Just because you're smart enough NOW to post "lolz today i ate a fine sandwich and watched a movie and i think tom cruise is sexy" doesn't mean others don't deserve a chance.

Sunny
12-17-2005, 01:38 PM
i'd understand it if all the random shit was in fact confined to that one thread. but no, people continued spamming other threads (Photo Album, hello) with their random conversations instead of using SWOYM.

HornyPope
12-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Well then how does deleting SWOYM helps?

Remember when you posted threads made up entierely of your discussions with Sky and Sanni, and occasionaly others? And when someone complained and said "use aim or PMs", you replied... "just don't fucking click on the topic if you don't like"

BATWT
12-17-2005, 01:45 PM
banning threads like that makes no difference, as people will just post the same shit in a different thread, making it 'ok'. its for the birds, just leave the threads up, and if people want to post in them; let them. it frees up other - better - threads to actually contain relevent material

Sunny
12-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Well then how does deleting SWOYM helps?

Remember when you posted threads made up entierely of your discussions with Sky and Sanni, and occasionaly others? And when someone complained and said "use aim or PMs", you replied... "just don't fucking click on the topic if you don't like"

HP, just because i did something in the *PAST* doesn't mean I can't be annoyed by it at *this* point. Yes, I dated Sky, we all get it. yaddah yaddah ya. it just doesn't strike me as a particularly valid argument. When I was 12 I wore electric blue mascara. Doesn't mean I don't literally barf when I see it on other people though.

Deleting it doesn't help, maybe, but i don't quite see how it is so wrong of me to be annoyed by other people constantly whining about it being gone.

sKratch
12-17-2005, 01:51 PM
meh it's a valid argument because it still gets done between people who have an established reputation here. there do seem to be double standards a lot of times for stuff like this.

HornyPope
12-17-2005, 01:55 PM
You can be annoyed of whatever you want.

You, however, asked if anyone defends SWOYM. Well I do. And the fact that you and Ozy and others are annoyed by it shouldn't negate anyone's ability to speak out. In particular since you, as we all did, behaved in a very similar manner when we started out on this board.

Sunny
12-17-2005, 01:59 PM
i just don't understand why "BUT U DID IT 2 A FEW YEARS AGO" is supposed to shut me up when i express my annoyance at something.

i didn't delete SWOYM. and i don't care if it gets deleted. however, i don't see why people made such a fucking huge deal out of it being gone. like, you know, spamming the board with 34095304 new "SWOYM" threads.

Not Ozymandias
12-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Sunny is correct, that thread is indefensible as is all organized stupidity.

killer_queen
The people who made all those threads didn't even use SWOYM thread. They just wanted to be annoying.

HornyPope
i just don't understand why "BUT U DID IT 2 A FEW YEARS AGO" is supposed to shut me up when i express my annoyance at something.

Not shutting you up, just reminding you where you stand. You know the classic pot, kettle, black story.

didn't delete SWOYM. and i don't care if it gets deleted. however, i don't see why people made such a fucking huge deal out of it being gone. like, you know, spamming the board with 34095304 new "SWOYM" threads.

That's an entierly different argument.

HornyPope
12-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Sunny is correct, that thread is indefensible as is all organized stupidity.

Well then I did a pretty good job of defending it, didn't I?

The status quo wants the thread to stay. You'll need a far stronger argument beyond "I don't like it" to watch it go. And you don't have none.

http://youlose.ytmnd.com/

SkunkIt
12-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Like I said, I never expected that thread to last more than two pages, so may it rest in peace.

Sunny
12-17-2005, 02:08 PM
HP, here's what I find irritating about this whole deal. I didn't care about the existence of SWOYM, in fact, I hardly noticed it. Once it got deleted, though, and the SWOYM idiots started spamming, I started to think that it should never come back.

What I meant, originally, is that I didn't - still don't - understand people who defended the existence of SWOYM after the spamming episode. Rewarding the spammers with bringing the thread back.. well, it's just not something i agree with. at the same time, though, i don't have moderating powers, so who gives a shit.

and certainly, i've had random lame conversations on this board. we all have. however, i don't spam like a fucking retarded maniac if a thread of mine gets deleted, and i never have. even in the dating-sky-having-bad-hair days. =P

Conspiracy of One
12-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Lock or delete it, we have enough moderators to handle the chaos now. Right?

HornyPope
12-17-2005, 02:13 PM
No, that's not what you meant from the start. Now you're changing your stance to give more leverage to your agument. But i'll bite:

What I meant, originally, is that I didn't - still don't - understand people who defended the existence of SWOYM after the spamming episode. Rewarding the spammers with bringing the thread back.. well, it's just not something i agree with.

This isn't about rewarding anyone. It's about correcting a wrong. The spammers are very easy to deal with, and hold zero leverage against moderators in their tactics.

Sunny
12-17-2005, 02:16 PM
HP, one thing I definitely don't like is people telling me what I originally thought. One would assume I would know best, and I would appreciate it if you refrained from correcting me on the matter.

As I said, I found SWOYM to be pointless, yet harmless. After it got deleted, and people flipped the fuck out, I changed my stance to "fuck that shit, it needs to go".

Bringing it back reminds me of buying a spoiled brat a toy after it throws a huge fit. That's all.

HornyPope
12-17-2005, 02:19 PM
HP, one thing I definitely don't like is people telling me what I originally thought. One would assume I would know best, and I would appreciate it if you refrained from correcting me on the matter.

Well then you certainly wouldn't like it if I corrected you again, huh?

As I said, I found SWOYM to be pointless, yet harmless. After it got deleted, and people flipped the fuck out, I changed my stance to "fuck that shit, it needs to go".

"No, that's not what you meant from the start. Now you're changing your stance to give more leverage to your agument"

Bringing it back reminds me of buying a spoiled brat a toy after it throws a huge fit. That's all.

Not relevant in the slightest.

Sunny
12-17-2005, 02:24 PM
There's a difference between "correcting" and "sharing your own interpretation". You seem to be doing the latter.

Personally, I find the brat analogy very relevant.. and so at this point I believe we should agree to disagree. Obviously we have very different views on this issue, and not planning to change them anytime soon.

Who decided to delete the damn thing in the first place, anyway?

HornyPope
12-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Oh you can disagree all you want. I simply answered your question. Not in the best tone perhaps, and not the way you would prefer, but answer the question I did.

Who decided to delete the damn thing in the first place, anyway?

Well it wasn't me. I can tell you this much.

Sunny
12-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Indeed, I felt the tone was somewhat uncalled for. It's alright though.

And yeah, I figured you didn't delete it. ;p

JohnnyNemesis
12-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Bah, I know the argument is over but...

We have an anti-spam stance on this BBS, right? The entire point of SWOYM is to spam. That's seriously the reason it was created. Seems pretty simple to me, honestly. Just delete the darned thing.

I've noticed the double standards thing too, and even though I've been annoyed by it, I've inadvertently been a part of it too. So I just judge that on a case-by-case basis. I don't think that shit matters in this case though, because is is irrelevant in this situation, for reasons I already stated.

Sunny
12-17-2005, 02:50 PM
On an unrelated note, I <3 your Incubus signature thingy. ;D And before anyone points it out, yes, I used to like Incubus way back in the day, misguided child that I was. And now I think they blow ass. :D

JohnnyNemesis
12-17-2005, 02:54 PM
If you like that, you'll love the things I said that got that reaction out of him in the first place. (TUNB's Conversational Tidbits thread)

ruroken
12-17-2005, 09:06 PM
I was going to point this out, but then I thought they would remember and revive it. Don't you ever think about that? Just be happy it's dead and that you were right, jeez...

HornyPope
12-18-2005, 02:16 AM
We have an anti-spam stance on this BBS, right? The entire point of SWOYM is to spam. That's seriously the reason it was created. Seems pretty simple to me, honestly. Just delete the darned thing.

How does one post classifies as spam? It's just people having a mindless conversation. They bother no one.

I've noticed the double standards thing too, and even though I've been annoyed by it, I've inadvertently been a part of it too. So I just judge that on a case-by-case basis.

It's not the double-standard, it's the memories of us being stupid kids five years ago in the Americana board. We had ridiculous fights and stupid posts and juvenile groups, and just anything to have a good time. Why act like we're so high and mighty and restrict others from playin' around a bit?

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-18-2005, 07:10 AM
I have no problem with kids playing around. It was revived for that very purpose. And now it's been left for nearly a month. My point is not to argue whether it should be deleted or not, simply that there was a huge outcry, they got it back, and now it's been left.

the_GoDdEsS
12-18-2005, 07:11 AM
Let's not discuss this any more. Or somebody will want to revive it. It was a big issue and I was glad everybody forgot about it already.