PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat and drink at christmas...

Italia311
12-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Christmas Eve and Christmas DAY.

Food
FISH, SEAFOOD AND PASTA. PRetty much anything from the water...

Drink
WINE.

BATWT
12-17-2005, 09:32 AM
eve:
eat - anything really
drink - lager in the pub

day:
eat - fucking everything
drink - as above

the english christmas, god bless us all, every one of us

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh, this is a fun topic. Being Slavic and all, we eat hilarious stuff.

Christmas dinner is super important. You eat sour cabbage soup with potatoes, followed by a salad and carp. Then waffles with honey. And drink wine.

Italia311
12-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Hahah..nice...

I dont even like half the stuff that is made. Muscles make me wanna puke...so does the seafood salad (squid...YUK).

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Christmas dinner is fairly traditional at my place. Turkey, potato, mountains of vegetables, roast potatoes, little sausages wrapped in bacon, and torrents of gravy. A nice white wine to go with it, too.

Then we all get tanked on lager and go to sleep.

BATWT
12-17-2005, 09:39 AM
little sausages wrapped in bacon

THE best thing about christmas

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 09:40 AM
THE best thing about christmas

Totally agreed. I never EVER have them at any time except christmas. Last year Dad forgot to put them in so I didn't have them. This year I'll be reminding him every three minutes.

Italia311
12-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Christmas dinner is fairly traditional at my place. Turkey, potato, mountains of vegetables, roast potatoes, little sausages wrapped in bacon, and torrents of gravy. A nice white wine to go with it, too.

Then we all get tanked on lager and go to sleep.

Seafood and Pasta is traditional. Not meat and potatoes...geez...

BATWT
12-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Totally agreed. I never EVER have them at any time except christmas. Last year Dad forgot to put them in so I didn't have them. This year I'll be reminding him every three minutes.

that would ruin christmas in the Palmer household, i'm telling you

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Seafood and Pasta is traditional. Not meat and potatoes...geez...

In England a traditional Christmas lunch is essentially a traditional Sunday lunch. Which is ironic 'cos this year Christmas is on a Sunday.

Italia311
12-17-2005, 09:47 AM
I know...different place different tradition...Im just kidding around

oFfspriNg_g
12-17-2005, 09:50 AM
There is no traditional food here. I like potatoes cips and cola

Vera
12-17-2005, 09:55 AM
In the Finnish Christmas table we have ham, potatos, sauce and something called "laatikot" - literally the word means boxes but it refers to these vegetable casseroles. There's potato, carrot (yuck) and swede casseroles (note: swede the vegetable, not the nationality). Then there's also rosolli (http://www.pito-piiat.fi/kuvat/ruuat/salaatit/ROSOLLI.jpg) that everyone in my family hates so we don't have it. It's like a beetroot salad, usually has some creamy stuff that makes it pink - unlike in the picture.

I hate the casseroles, though. In my family we also usually have turkey roll.

For drinks mulled wine (glögi) and ..well, whatever the hell people want to drink. Sweet stuff, we have gingerbread men (piparit) and Christmas tarts (joulutortut (http://hihhuli.adsl.netsonic.fi/Pict_2/Joulutortut.JPG)). And chocolates, naturally.

oFfspriNg_g
12-17-2005, 09:59 AM
the rosolli is looking very delicious. you're so lucky (:

Italia311
12-17-2005, 10:00 AM
rosolli is MMMMM Tasty...

Vera
12-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Have you tasted beetroot, dude? I don't like it AT ALL.

Mentally_Challenged
12-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Christmas eve, we just eat whatever.

Christmas day...Most of the selection box. Starters is usually either a soup, prawn cocktail (bleugh), or melon. Main meal. turkey, brussel sprouts, roast potatoes, turnips, parsnips, carrot, chipolatas wrapped in bacon (hell yes!) and uhh....whatever the hell else goes on the plate. Dessert is christmas cake, christmas pudding, and my grans ever-famous trifle.

not all at once...of course.

wheelchairman
12-17-2005, 10:28 AM
The best thing about Christmas is Gløgg. Warmed wine with spices, nuts and raisins. So good.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Gløgg? Sounds like a Danish troll.

"Run for your lives! Gløgg's coming!"

wheelchairman
12-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Everything in Danish, sounds like a Danish troll. We make German sound nice.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I heard from someone that there's a German sauce called Spittle.

coke_a_holic
12-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Eat: Food. It changes yearly, but it's usually related to a Thanksgiving dinner in a few ways (i.e. Turkey, potatoes, cranberry sauce, casserole, etc)
Drink: Enough coke to keep me awake for the next three-four days without my heart slowing down in the least.

Sinister
12-17-2005, 11:44 AM
eat : lots
drink : booze, hopefully. and CHAMPAGNE! a little bit.

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2005, 11:55 AM
The best thing about Christmas is Gløgg. Warmed wine with spices, nuts and raisins. So good.

Woohoo. We make that. Especially with cinnamon. Yum! That's the way Christmas should smell.

wheelchairman
12-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Woohoo. We make that. Especially with cinnamon. Yum! That's the way Christmas should smell.
Definitely agreed! I <3 it. We should've had it in Amsterdam.

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Omg, yes. Hahaha, we should have made some. But I dunno if it's that yummy in summer. Better to have cold stuff. Except maybe at night.

Tizzalicious
12-17-2005, 12:22 PM

Hmmm, so this is what I'll be having this year...and other...Danish stuff.

Usually we eat "gourmet" on Christmas at home. I'm not sure if that's a word in English though...it's where you have this thing with little pans on the table, and everyone makes their own food. I love it. I always overeat though.

On Christmas eve we don't eat anything special...well maybe those round chocolate things, and chistmas-figure shaped chocolate. Ooooh, and my mom used to always make these really yummie things...no idea what they are called in English...but they are mince meat in pastry. Yummie.