PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jam

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Cmon, I don't know enough songs by Pearl Jam. Plzplz upload some for me. Anything.

HeadAroundU
12-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh common!
Download the whole discography a make your own opinion...
"Jeremy"is kick ass. ;)
Don't be lazy!

Sinister
12-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Shut up, mutant-face.

0r4ng3
12-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Shut up, mutant-face.Bandwagon much?

TUNB, what did you do so bad, that you have to punish yourself by listening to Pearl Jam?

Sinister
12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Bandwagon much?

THAT one bandwagon is worth hopping in.

dalaksta
12-17-2005, 12:13 PM
I've heard a lot about them but I've never heard them.

Jakebert
12-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Don't listen to the other idiots on this board, Pearl Jam is very worth checking out.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2005, 12:42 PM
TUNB, what did you do so bad, that you have to punish yourself by listening to Pearl Jam?

Ouch. Harsh. Pearl Jam are great, from what I heard.

HAU, shut up, mutant-face. And I can say it since I started it.

Aimeht
12-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Cmon, I don't know enough songs by Pearl Jam. Plzplz upload some for me. Anything.
I can not upload any songs, but I think you should listen to these songs:
Alive
Nothingman
Wishlist (my fave)
Man Of The Hour
Yellow Ledbetter
Release

JohnnyNemesis
12-17-2005, 03:14 PM
I have all of their songs. I'd be glad to share some of my favorites with you if I ever get on MSN again. If you want to download some on your own, here are my suggestions:

Why Go
Once
Daughter
Go
Satan's Bed
Corduroy
Spin the Black Circle
No Way
Low Light
Save You
WMA* (Their best!!!)
Hail, Hail
Not For You
Dissident

PsychoticAndInsomniac
12-18-2005, 07:54 AM
I vote for

Once
Alive
Love Boat Captain
Ghost
1/2 full
Spin the black circle
Black

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone. I'll get right on it.

nieh
12-18-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm gonna pimp their later stuff cause I'm not huge on their first 2-3 albums (though they all have at least a few great songs on them)

Brain of J
Push me Pull Me
Love Boat Captain
Hail Hail
In My Tree

Hell, get all of Yield and Riot Act. Riot Act might take a few listens to enjoy though. It did for me anyway.

JohnnyNemesis
12-18-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm gonna pimp their later stuff cause I'm not huge on their first 2-3 albums (though they all have at least a few great songs on them)

BOO! Go and Vitalogy are by FAR their best albums, but Yield is extremely close to the top. Yield was a masterpiece.

Brain of J
Push me Pull Me

Good call I'da put em on my list if it wasn't so fuckin' long already.

nieh
12-18-2005, 02:47 PM
By "Go" do you mean "Vs"? Anyways, I prefer their post-Vitalogy era sound more. It's not always consistent (No Code is half awesome and half crap), but it's more interesting to me as a whole. Their earlier stuff has too many songs that could pass for angstier Aerosmith with a different singer.

pretty fly 88
12-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Pearl Jam is good but they are overrated. Their first album is good but not great, the best songs off their first album are "Why Go,""Porch," and "Deep."
The radio hits are overrated. Black is one of their worst songs. So is Daughter. Even Flow, Alive,and Jeremy are good but overrated, Once is great but the beginning is very boring. I heard one really awesome songs by them, but I don't know what it's called.

yay
12-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Cmon, I don't know enough songs by Pearl Jam. Plzplz upload some for me. Anything.I hate Pearl Jam. I don't know why but I cant stand them.

Yatesy
12-19-2005, 05:32 AM
I'd download the album Binaural if I was you. It's good stuff.

BREAK
01-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Ten has held up surprisingly well over the years, but don't hear it first if you hate radio-friendly commercial rock. Vs. has some idiotic attempts at diversity, but boasts some truly fine tunes. Vitalogy has even WORSE idiotic attempts at diversity, but skip the unlistenable final track & it sounds great! No Code is their "growing up" album, finally showcasing the band going non-commercial by making the music they want to make, rather than by making music no one wants to hear. Yield is full of fantastic songs, but isn't much more than the sum of its parts. Binaural is nearly ruined by lousy production & poor sequencing, but the individual tracks are very impressive. Riot Act is probably their best album ever, nothing but outstanding songs from beginning to end. Lost Dogs has some of their best songs alongside some of their most mediocre. Don't get the greatest hits if you're not familiar with them.

Also, feel free to instantly associate this band with me, even though I haven't mentioned them in passing in at least 3 & 1/2 years.

Camilamazed
01-08-2006, 11:40 PM
I suggest

Animal
Given to fly
Do the evolution

:D