PDA

View Full Version : The Casualties.

original_prankster
12-17-2005, 07:29 PM
The only album worth owning by them is "On The Front Line", which is a pretty solid Exploited-like political punk album. Everything they released before it is just fucking moronic.

Jakebert
12-17-2005, 07:43 PM
The Casualties are a fucking joke.

coke_a_holic
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
The Casualties are a fucking joke.
They're diehard fans are worse, they all dress like complete fuckingidiots. I want to know who in their right mind would dress like they're a down syndrome patient in a bike gang.

Jakebert
12-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Haha.

I can imagine they're pretty bad from just looking at what they themselves look like.

original_prankster
12-17-2005, 08:10 PM
That guy with the three mohawks makes me laugh.

Hehe...

DeAtHsTaR
01-13-2007, 03:27 PM
I just HAD to bump this just to post this.

http://stencilpunks.mattrunningnaked.com/capitalists2.gif

Homer
01-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey, I actually enjoy The Casualties... but yeah, stuff before On The Front Line isn't very good, and they're new album is actually really good.

Jojan
01-13-2007, 03:44 PM
The singer of Exploited once played in a nazi band.
And I will probobly see Casualties at Augustibuller (http://www.augustibuller.com/) (a music festival) i august, if nothing better is playing at the time.

opivy21
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll reitirate earlier posts by saying the Casualties truly are a joke.

SMASH0390
01-14-2007, 08:34 AM
what the fuck. good, punk wasnt meant to be fucking popular anyway go to fucking hell. Since fucking when does it come down to what a band fucking wheres. THEIR PUNK WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GUNNA LOOK LIKE.You join a fucking band so you can do whatever the fuck you want. this is the fucking problem everyone wants pretty boy shit face panic at the disco fall out boy piano ballad SHIT. I dont care if you dont like the music fine whatever, but base it on looks and you're a cocksucking piece of motherfucking shit that dosnt have a clue. Have any of you been to a real live show? no not in a stadium i mean in the middle of the fucking city.

why the hell did i come back to offspring forums anyway now i remember its full of no life assholes who havnt the slightest about music. I can take so much. Please ban me from the boards so Im not tempted to ever come on again. Peace

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
No, the Casualties are a joke because they're music sucks ass, and every song sounds the same. Not only that, but any band that preaches that retarded "PUNX TIL I DIEEE" shit is guarenteed retard. And you're right, they are punks, so they look like punks. But punks are stupid, so they look stupid.

The Casualties preach this stupid "omz gutterpunx!!!! shit, yet at the same time are selling out larger venues, going on the Warped Tour, which is one of the biggest money-making tours in music, and sell ablums in every major chain store they can. Yeah man, they're so TRU PUNX!!!

The reason you're getting this attitude is because most of us here grew out of the "omgz punk is soooo cool!!!" phase a long time ago, realizing that the vast majority of punk bands are shallow, moronic garbage. Yes, there are punk bands that aren't, and those bands are the ones that either mix in other styles, or realize what they are, and embrace the fact that they're just a simple, dumb punk band and don't take themselves too seriously.

Seriously though, in a year or two, you'll realize that punk isn't the only music out there, and that intelligent music is a lot better than some dumbass with a mohawk banging out the same 3 chords over and over again.

SMASH0390
01-14-2007, 09:09 AM
no, I listen to:
metal
grunge
ska
hardrock "classic rock"
raprock
funkrock
physcobilly
blues
soul
jazz
and punk

you do not understand me in the least my friend. I love music as a whole, good music as a whole. One of the things i love is punk mentality, so ok they may have sold out by what you say thats fine I dont give a shit they still wave the motherfucking flag of punk more than most"punk" bands do. If you say punk mentality is diluted and and twisted then maybe you are correct. But its a spirt of rebellion and free thinking. Its of thinking for yourself. Im not all punk. But the music, true music, shares that similar mentality that punk has and thats why i listen to music and play it for people. Im sixteen i could list a hundred bands I listen too from dozens of genres and im still adding on. Fuck you.

and yea "I'd rather not see a picture of us again... Fuck the musicians and what they look like, listen to the music."
Ben Shepherd, Melody Maker 5-25-96
for the earlier people (hes in soundgarden fucker thats grunge another genre i listen to)

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 09:20 AM
No, punk rock is not about free thinking. Punk rock is about thinking the same way every other punk rocker wants you to think, and if you go against that at all, everyone screams "SELL OUT!!!" or "POSER!!!!" It's just as close-minded as everything it rails out against, no matter how hard it trys to tell you it's against conformity. If you conform to a group, even if that group is in the minority, you're conforming. Not that it's a bad thing, all humans do it, but I have no respect for someone that's not honest enough with themself to admit that's what they're doing.

The Casualties are probably the single best example of that I can think of. They dress the way they do because "that's how punks are supposed to dress". How the fuck is that thinking for yourself? They brand everyone who's not like them a poser. That's open-minded? They brand anyone who listens to any mainstream music at all a sell out. That's open minded?

And rebellion in a punk sense is just stupid, whiny teenagers who are mad because their parents won't let them smoke crack and get tattoos on their faces. It's not real rebellion, it's just superficial crap that everyone grows out of. And yeah, it's great that punk rock is there for kids gowing through that phase, and it keeps them in at least some sort of constructive light, but still saying that it's more than that is just dumb. Real rebellion is something that matters, and something that can't be found in a genre of music.

SMASH0390
01-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I don't look punk I'm a plain kid. longer hair a plain t-shirt and a pair of genes. Ive been at a concert in the middle of a bunch of studded jackets and was right their fucking pounding it out with the band. They do drugs they drink and get tattoos on their faces. I don't want that. Ive experimented but i don't do crack and i sure as hell will never get a tattoo on my face, maybe even never on my body. I love my parents and have a good life. I'm done. Unfortunately loving music so much comes with a price. you bang heads a lot with other people on the subject because their is so much of it out there. Not all music is rebellious against certain human nature but it all speaks something. If their wasn't a story involved in the song with a certain message whether extremely happy or pissed off, or whatever the emotion then what is it. I don't care for you sitting at home on your computer judging music like the king of fucking no lifers but I've wasted far to much time. I have to go practice with my band for our upcoming show.

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 09:37 AM
I love how you didn't actually refute anything that I said. You just describe yourself as an exception to the rule, then go off on a tangent that has very little to do with anything I said, then finished up with a self-important passive agressive comment. Good work, because now I don't have to make another long post, seeing as you said almost nothing at all.

SMASH0390
01-14-2007, 09:41 AM
and thats fine man im done lol normally id like to adapt a policy of not trying to fight when someone says something about music i dont like to hear but it got the best of me this time. I seriously need to be done with this site cause it eats up way too much time and opinions never actually matter because its always a fight to the death. Im wrong man im wrong.

opivy21
01-14-2007, 11:47 AM
what the fuck. good, punk wasnt meant to be fucking popular anyway go to fucking hell. Since fucking when does it come down to what a band fucking wheres. THEIR PUNK WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GUNNA LOOK LIKE.You join a fucking band so you can do whatever the fuck you want. this is the fucking problem everyone wants pretty boy shit face panic at the disco fall out boy piano ballad SHIT. I dont care if you dont like the music fine whatever, but base it on looks and you're a cocksucking piece of motherfucking shit that dosnt have a clue. Have any of you been to a real live show? no not in a stadium i mean in the middle of the fucking city.

why the hell did i come back to offspring forums anyway now i remember its full of no life assholes who havnt the slightest about music. I can take so much. Please ban me from the boards so Im not tempted to ever come on again. Peace
This was a little hard to understand, but the sentences I could read are full of shit. "THEIR PUNK WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GUNNA LOOK LIKE?" - That sentence is a little counter-productive to your position. Did you know that not all punks dress like that?

"Have any of you been to a real live show? no not in a stadium i mean in the middle of the fucking city." - Would you believe that the Casualties have played in huge venues and don't always play "in the middle of the fucking city."?

The bottom line is that the Casualties don't just look bad, but they sound bad and there is no legitimate way to defend them that I can see.

No, punk rock is not about free thinking. Punk rock is about thinking the same way every other punk rocker wants you to think, and if you go against that at all, everyone screams "SELL OUT!!!" or "POSER!!!!" It's just as close-minded as everything it rails out against, no matter how hard it trys to tell you it's against conformity. If you conform to a group, even if that group is in the minority, you're conforming. Not that it's a bad thing, all humans do it, but I have no respect for someone that's not honest enough with themself to admit that's what they're doing.

The Casualties are probably the single best example of that I can think of. They dress the way they do because "that's how punks are supposed to dress". How the fuck is that thinking for yourself? They brand everyone who's not like them a poser. That's open-minded? They brand anyone who listens to any mainstream music at all a sell out. That's open minded?

And rebellion in a punk sense is just stupid, whiny teenagers who are mad because their parents won't let them smoke crack and get tattoos on their faces. It's not real rebellion, it's just superficial crap that everyone grows out of. And yeah, it's great that punk rock is there for kids gowing through that phase, and it keeps them in at least some sort of constructive light, but still saying that it's more than that is just dumb. Real rebellion is something that matters, and something that can't be found in a genre of music.
I respect your opinion about a lot of things, but you are making some sweeping generalizations about punk music. Punk rock is about free thinking. It isn't about thinking how others want you to think. Of course, that's the way it is some places, probably in a lot of places, but that doesn't mean that that's what the music is about.

It's a shame that the Casualties are taken seriously by so many people, but I can promise you that most people that I know that are truthfully knowledgeful and serious about punk do not take them seriously. They are a joke to everyone. Of course they are close-minded idiots, but they represent a small part of punk.

Everyone here loves to jump on someone when they call a band a sellout. I have personally learned my lesson and I stay away from such topics, but I feel like I should point out that sometimes when a band is called a sellout, that they actually did sell out. Take Against Me! as an example. They started out as an anarcho-folk band and played small venues on a small label. They're on a big label now and they got a video played on tv. That's going directly against their old values. Once again, I don't care at all, especially considering that I don't listen to any of Against Me!'s material, but I think that that situation can be pretty accurately described as selling out.

Endymion
01-14-2007, 12:08 PM
it's a shame that you're too much of a poser to understand how punk fucking rawk the casualties are.

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I respect your opinion about a lot of things, but you are making some sweeping generalizations about punk music. Punk rock is about free thinking. It isn't about thinking how others want you to think. Of course, that's the way it is some places, probably in a lot of places, but that doesn't mean that that's what the music is about.

It's a shame that the Casualties are taken seriously by so many people, but I can promise you that most people that I know that are truthfully knowledgeful and serious about punk do not take them seriously. They are a joke to everyone. Of course they are close-minded idiots, but they represent a small part of punk.

Everyone here loves to jump on someone when they call a band a sellout. I have personally learned my lesson and I stay away from such topics, but I feel like I should point out that sometimes when a band is called a sellout, that they actually did sell out. Take Against Me! as an example. They started out as an anarcho-folk band and played small venues on a small label. They're on a big label now and they got a video played on tv. That's going directly against their old values. Once again, I don't care at all, especially considering that I don't listen to any of Against Me!'s material, but I think that that situation can be pretty accurately described as selling out.

You're right that the music isn't about thinking what others want you to think, but when you get down to the people listening to the music, the majority of the people follow a herd mentallity that's worse there than in any other genre. Obviously there are going to be exceptions, which is why I didn't feel it necessary to say that. Whenever you're talking about a large group, there's going to be exceptions. The music itself may not always be written with that intention of "IF YOU'RE NOT LIKE ME, YOU SUCK!!" but in a lot of cases, even with some bands that I like, it is. Granted, a lot of times it may be sarcastic or exaggerated, but a lot of people don't understand that, and start to think that way themselves. The meaning of the music is then morphed into what the fans think it means, and that's when the problems of close-minded bickering begins. I used to hang out with a lot of so-called "punk rockers", and all they ever did was bitch about how no one was as cool as they were. Seriously, they were worse than the jocks and preps that they hated. And I've found from talking to others and just observing people, that tends to be the norm.

I know that the Casualties are hated by a lot of punk rockers, but still, that mentallity is there in non-Casualties fans, even if they don't express it as openly or to that extreme degree. Even some of the more open-minded people have the horrible "if it ain't punk, it sucks" attitude which I hate with a passion. And you can't tell me that's not a common element of the music itself. How many bands bash Pink Floyd, R.E.M. or any complex, more mainstream pop-friendly band, despite the fact that those bands have just as much integrity, just in a different way, that any punk band has?

As for the sell out bickering, I don't see fame or being on TV as selling out unless you change yourself to be that way. Against Me!'s progression, if you look at it, was very natural. There's still many elements of their earlier sound, and the lyrics are still about the same things as before, and actually are lot more poignant than ever. The whole problem I have with it is that it's a term used at the drop of a hat without any thinking. A lot of times, the people who are saying those things have no idea what the bands intentions are, and just start assuming based on what they want the band's intentions to be. Just because a band signs to a major or because a band makes videos doesn't make them sell outs unless the band railed against it endlessly, which very few bands do anymore, and those bands are usually a band of 15 year olds that will break up after those kids get out of high school anyway. Back to Against Me!, they ranted against phoneyness, not fame. In no way have they become phony.

People confuse natural artistic growth as selling out. For example, R.E.M. constantly got labelled as sell outs by the alternative kids in the lat 80's when they signed to a major and produced more radio friendly albums, completely ignoring the fact that their indie label was screwing them, and that they were always radio friendly, just undiscovered. The band moving in a more folksy direction was seen as trying to get radio play, and people ignored the fact that they'd always dabbled in those sounds.

I agree that some bands can be called sell outs. Metallica, the Rolling Stones, ect, but only because looking at the situation, there's no question. I think if there's a gray area at all, fans should just shut up about it because they have no idea what the band's intentions were when they wrote a certain song.

*takes deep breath*. That was a lot longer than I expected it to be.

opivy21
01-14-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree with most of what you're saying, and I think that we're in the same boat. I was just making sure that you weren't saying that punk music as a whole is about doing whatever other people in the groupt says. You can't blame the music for the way that people interpret it (usually).

What I was getting at with Against Me! is that they were self-proclaimed anarchists. Signing to a major label that is a huge part of capitalism seems to condradict their beliefs. Same sort of thing with Anti-Flag who signed to a major label that gives money to the military industrial complex (or something like that) after opposing capitalism. I've never liked Anti-Flag to be honest, but that's just another example.

No big deal though. I'm no punk, but I feel the need to defend it when generalizations start going around.

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 12:42 PM
With the Against Me! thing, it seems to me like they just realized that the anarchy thing wasn't as smart as it seemed when they were younger. Their lyrics on the newest album are some of the best they've done because it's written a lot more maturely than their older stuff.

With Anti-Flag, I don't know a whole lot about them since I'm not a fan, but I agree with you on them from what I do know about them.

Homer
01-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Okay, first when someone says that one band sounds terrible then goes on to say that they don't like close-minded people who say that they hate every other band (genre) than the one they listen to is just contradicting themselves. I, myself, like the sound of The Casualties, and so do many other people I know. Why do we like it? Well, because we like the sound. Of course we could go out and say that every other band that isn't them sounds bad, but we don't.

Don't try to use your own personal opinion in an argument.

P.S.
Uh... hopefully you had an easy time understanding that, because I don't think I wrote that as clearly as I thought it would be.

SMASH0390
01-14-2007, 03:09 PM
where were you i like this guy lol

Overworked & Underfucked
01-14-2007, 03:39 PM
where were you i like this guy lol

I thought you were leaving....

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Okay, first when someone says that one band sounds terrible then goes on to say that they don't like close-minded people who say that they hate every other band (genre) than the one they listen to is just contradicting themselves. I, myself, like the sound of The Casualties, and so do many other people I know. Why do we like it? Well, because we like the sound. Of course we could go out and say that every other band that isn't them sounds bad, but we don't.

Don't try to use your own personal opinion in an argument.

P.S.
Uh... hopefully you had an easy time understanding that, because I don't think I wrote that as clearly as I thought it would be.

Yeah, that really wasn't written well at all, but I think I get the jist of it. This argument was far beyond the sound of the Casualties, and much more about their attitude. And even if it was based simply on their sound, me saying I dislike their sound isn't close minded at all. I can dislike them in an objective musical sense.

And I don't hate every genre that I don't listen to. I've defended rap many times here, despite the fact that I personally don't like it. The difference is that I'm not bashing a band simply because of their genre, or based on only hearing one song. I like a lot of punk rock. I listened to the Casualties when I was 14 and went through my "omgzpunx" phase that all kids go through. I know a lot about them, and because of that my criticism isn't based on a notion that I just pulled out of my ass. It's based on me actually having some knowledge of what I'm talking about. I'm saying one band sounds terrible, not an entire genre.

Oh, and don't tell me not to use my personal opinion in an argument when you did the same thing. Especially when you do that, while calling me hypocrite, it kind of takes the sting out of your argument.

Homer
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Actually, I wasn't putting down your argument. I was putting down saying that saying that the Casualties sounding bad isn't an argument (I think it was opivy21 who said that). If someone likes one type of music and doesn't really find any other music appealing, then that's fine. It doesn't make them close-minded or just stubborn or anything, it just means they're very specific with what they like. But if they take that out of hand and immediately start putting down other bands, then that's just stupid, so I agree with you on that front. We're pretty much in the same boat here, but if someone does what they do and they like it it that way, then so be it. As long as it's not harming anyone else then it's fine, and yes I know that "tru-punx!" attitude can be taken too far, and I think that's dumb. That's why I don't really like the old Casualties that much.

And my last statement about using your personal opinion in an argument was directed more towards opivy21.

SMASH0390
01-14-2007, 08:17 PM
dude ok homer got it going again fuck.....anyway here i go. just cause you went through an "omgpunx" phase dosnt mean all kids do. im not i just like the band. you just admitted you based your entire argument on "omgpunx". you think you know what going on but you dont. you think all punk fans are like your "omgpunx". how do you know? you dont. I already told you punk only takes up part of my music taste. as far as the mentality you and me disagree, and thats fine we had different experiences with it. ANd the music, so its not in your taste alright.
so if im correct all arguments have been on:
1) the fans (your "omgpunx")
2) the mentality
3) the actually music

i just covered every one with a logical conclusion now you're just a dickhole saying im something you dont know i am.

opivy21
01-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Homer, I had no idea what you were talking about but I went back and read my posts and I think that it looks like I said something that I didn't mean. When I said, "Of course they are close-minded idiots, but they represent a small part of punk.", I was talking about the Casualties whose fans are infamous for attacking people who don't dress the way that they do and the like. I wasn't talking about the people who I consider knowledgeable on punk music. That wouldn't make any sense. I can see now that I should have written that better.

And I don't feel bad about using personal opinions in a conversation about music. There's not much else to go on.

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 08:53 PM
dude ok homer got it going again fuck.....anyway here i go. just cause you went through an "omgpunx" phase dosnt mean all kids do. im not i just like the band. you just admitted you based your entire argument on "omgpunx". you think you know what going on but you dont. you think all punk fans are like your "omgpunx". how do you know? you dont. I already told you punk only takes up part of my music taste. as far as the mentality you and me disagree, and thats fine we had different experiences with it. ANd the music, so its not in your taste alright.
so if im correct all arguments have been on:
1) the fans (your "omgpunx")
2) the mentality
3) the actually music

i just covered every one with a logical conclusion now you're just a dickhole saying im something you dont know i am.

Yes, I do know what's going on. I've delt with tons of those kids through personal interactions, and that's not even counting people I've talked to on the internet. I used to go to a ton of shows, and 8 out of every 10 people there fell into this group. This isn't me basing something on 2 people I talked to for 5 minutes. This is me basing this on a lot of different people, some I hung out with for years and still talk to to this day. I find it hilarious that anyone else making personal assumptions are inherently stupid or wrong, yet you do it constantly.

Also, you keep saying I said all punk fans are dumb and close minded. No, I didn't. I said a big majority. Not all. I even cleared that up in 2 of my posts, but you still seem completely unable to comprehend that. Like I already said: whenever you talk about a large group of people, there will always be exceptions to that rule. There's no point in explaining that because any intelligent person should be able to understand that without it being said. But, as with any large group of people, there are lots of general trends that are followed by a majority, and those are what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about every single person. I'm talking about most. Do I have to say this again, or do you get it now? And there's more to "omgpunx" than just that phrase. Seriously, I shouldn't have to fucking explain that.

The other thing that's so funny about this is that you take me discussing my reasons for disliking a band as a personal attack against you. Self-important much? Seriously, this whole thing is about a band, not you. Get over yourself. Everyone else in this thread has been civil and intelligent in their reasoning, and also realize that despite our differing opinions, we all are making valid points. With the exception of you, who's taking opivy's and my attacks of the Casualties as if we're using it to attack you, which we're obviously not. Yes, I attacked you in my first post. Well, actually I didn't, but I can understand where you got that from. After I cleared up that initial mistake on both our parts, I've been doing nothing but explaining my opinion, without dragging you personally into it. Yet, you keep trying to make it out as if I'm doing this whole thing as a way to call you dumb. I wasn't doing that before, but if you're seriously that self-important that you think that's the case, I might have to start doing it, because it does seem like a logical step now.

SMASH0390
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
...goddamn

endlesst0m
01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
I agree that some bands can be called sell outs. Metallica, the Rolling Stones, ect, but only because looking at the situation, there's no question. I think if there's a gray area at all, fans should just shut up about it because they have no idea what the band's intentions were when they wrote a certain song.

Very true. I've heard people who call Offspring sellouts say things like "If you listen to Offspring's old stuff, and then listen to "Hit That", It's OBVIOUS that they're sellouts!" I do understand this perception, even though I don't neccesarily agree with it. But what those people don't realize is that they can't actually PROVE for a fact that the Offspring sat down and attempted to write a song that's primary function was to make them money, rather than satisfy them musically and artistically. Simply changing your sound isn't selling out. It's only the bands who change thier sound with the goal of making more money that are sellouts. And, once again, you can only suspect that that is what was done of a band that changed thier sound.

I think "selling out" is more rare than a lot of people think for one main reason. Whenever I (attempt to) write songs on the guitar, NEVER have I EVER once sat there and thought, "Hmmm, I really want to do THIS with this song, but I bet if I did THIS it would be more marketable and radio friendly." No, that just doesn't happen. People just play what they like.

Jakebert
01-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Very true. I've heard people who call Offspring sellouts say things like "If you listen Offspring's old stuff, and then listen to "Hit That", It's OBVIOUS that they're sellouts!" I do understand this perception, even though I don't neccesarily agree with it. But what those people don't realize is that they can't actually PROVE for a fact that the Offspring sat down and attempted to write a song that's primary function was to make them money, rather than satisfy them musically and artistically. Simply changing your sound isn't selling out. It's only the bands who change thier sound with the goal of making more money that are sellouts. And, once again, you can only suspect that that is what was done of a band that changed thier sound.

I think "selling out" is more rare than a lot of people think for one main reason. Whenever I (attempt to) write songs on the guitar, NEVER have I EVER once sat there and thought, "Hmmm, I really want to do THIS with this song, but I bet if I did THIS it would be more marketable and radio friendly." No, that just doesn't happen. People just play what they like.

Well, I can see where people get that idea with some songs, which is why generally I tend to stay quiet about it, but still it is annoying that people want to jump on a band as soon as possible.

The one that I really hate is that people assume that going to a major label is selling out. I know if I were in a band full time, I'd want to make a comfortable living doing so. It's not worth it to put all of your time and money into something and to not take it as far as you can.

Endymion
01-15-2007, 09:32 AM
fun fact: you wasted way too much of your life arguing about the validity of the casualties.

endlesst0m
01-15-2007, 09:40 AM
fun fact: you wasted way too much of your life arguing about the validity of the casualties.

Hahaha. I enjoy this post.

punk_chick
01-26-2007, 04:08 PM
personaly, i like them...

RickyCrack
01-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Personally, I like slamming my dick into doors in order to mask the pain that is to listen to the casualties.

punk_chick
01-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Personally, I like slamming my dick into doors in order to mask the pain that is to listen to the casualties.

well you can have fun with that....

nameless
02-09-2007, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Jakebert;953268]

The Casualties preach this stupid "omz gutterpunx!!!! shit, yet at the same time are selling out larger venues, going on the Warped Tour, which is one of the biggest money-making tours in music, and sell ablums in every major chain store they can. Yeah man, they're so TRU PUNX!!!

QUOTE]

i dont know much about the warped tour as it doesnt come to europe but from what i gather it isnt this huge money making train.

i saw the casualties last night and really enjoyed them live although their music on cd isnt exactly brilliant!

Jakebert
02-10-2007, 07:43 AM
The Warped Tour is the biggest annual summer tour in the U.S.

opivy21
02-10-2007, 08:52 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you're not allowed to bring in outside food or drinks and they charge ridiculous amounts for a bottle of water.

Apathy
02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
You're allowed to bring in water, however it is in fact, a 'huge money making train'.

They give away free energy drinks usually, but charge horrendus prices for anything else.

nameless
02-10-2007, 10:39 PM
well i heard the bands dont get paid that much!

Jakebert
02-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah, but the tour itself is a huge money maker, and any band that does it gains a huge amount of new listeners.

Apathy
02-11-2007, 10:43 AM
This is true. I was introduced to many smaller(ish) bands through the warped tour.

Despite what warped may pay the bands, I'll be they all make a shitload from merch tables.

nameless
02-16-2007, 08:42 PM
id always thought they adopted the supossed "punk" ethic, cheap tickets, equal slots times etc. id imagine merchandise sellers and refreshments would be down to the seller as to what prices are charged. again, saying that, ive never been so i cant be sure!

Jakebert
02-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, you thought wrong.