PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations S. Paulo

platinumpt
12-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Yeah!

S. Paulo, from Brasil, is the new world champion team of soccer! They've beaten Liverpool FC in the last game. GO GO S. Paulo!!!

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-18-2005, 08:40 AM
They're a world champion team because they beat Liverpool?

platinumpt
12-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Yes, there were 6 teams fighting for the title, and the final match was between Liverpool and S. Paulo ... there were also teams from america, africa and asia... I can't recall their names though...

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Oh, alright. I haven't been following.

SkyRocker
12-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Pff, it's worthless contest. So if I follow your logic, Saprissa and Al Ittihad are repectively the 3rd and 4th best teams of the world ?

Camilamazed
12-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Don`t tell me about it. Because of that shit I woke up with lots of fireworks in my head. I WANTED TO SPEND MORE TIME IN BED

Dammit =/

platinumpt
12-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Pff, it's worthless contest. So if I follow your logic, Saprissa and Al Ittihad are repectively the 3rd and 4th best teams of the world ?
It's not a worthless contest. It was a match between teams that have performed quite well on international competitions last year. Therefore, S. Paulo is seen as a world champion, and Liver pool as vice champion. I didn't say anything about those teams being the best teams of the world, did I?! I just congratulated S. Paulo for their recently won world champion title... but they have a great team anyway.

EDIT: much better than Lyon :D :rolleyes: :)

SkyRocker
12-18-2005, 08:55 AM
That's not much better than Lyon because we stole their players !
Winning against Liverpool now is not really great, they played a tough game wednesday and had to travel, etc...

platinumpt
12-18-2005, 08:59 AM
The biggest problem about this competition is the fact that it's played always a season AFTER the teams conquer the international titles... perhaps it would make more sense if it was played right after Liverpool was the european champion last season... because I honestly don't believe that Liverpool is going to conquer the champions league again (this year).

SkyRocker
12-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Of course because Lyon will win this year.
And it would make more sense if all the championships were played during the same periods. Brazilian one is later, right ? So they could only play it now. Imagine if Spartak Moscow ( ! ) win the champion's league, russians have thier championship already finished since one month, the problem is here.

its one fine day
12-18-2005, 10:03 AM
i support liverpool. THEY WERE DENIED 6 GOALS/CHANCES!!

arak0r
12-18-2005, 10:54 AM
from what i understand liverpool DOMINATED the game, just couldnt get the ball actually IN the net :\

princess
12-18-2005, 11:45 AM
they did, they had 3 goals disallowed!

BATWT
12-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Now, I'm no Liverpool fan (I'm a Villa man myself) but I've gotta say that Liverpool have a very good team and lately have been putting in some very good performances and getting deserved results. Before this loss, they hadn't lost in 11 games in all competitions - with 9 of thise being wins. In addition to that, in those 11 games they didn't concede one goal.

Liverpool are starting to play as a team with the squad they have should. And especially as Crouch and Morientes have remembered how to score, I feel the European Champions will be contesting right till the end.

Note: of course, I don't mean for the Premiership - it's already Chelsea's.

Dive
12-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I thought Liverpool would win, but it's not too surprising that São Paulo beat them. I don't care much for either team and I don't think much of the competition. Ah well.

(I'm a Villa man myself)

That's what I like to hear. Let's pretend it's 1982. "Oh, it must be! It is! Peter Withe!"

http://www.nationalradio.com/images/withe.jpg

platinumpt
12-19-2005, 01:27 AM
To be honest, I hope that Liverpool kicks Benfica's ass in the next draw of the champions league. I wish them the best of luck. I hate benfica, even though they're from my country.

BATWT
12-20-2005, 01:24 AM
That's what I like to hear. Let's pretend it's 1982. "Oh, it must be! It is! Peter Withe!"

http://www.nationalradio.com/images/withe.jpg

Legend, LEGEND

platinumpt
12-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Damn, that was a long time ago. I was like 1 year old or something.

a french fan
12-20-2005, 04:57 AM
LIVERPOOL is the world champion .....in my heart !
Come on the Reds !!

Je suis de retour juste pour souhaiter un joyeux noel à tous !mais surtout aux supporters de Liverpool !

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9923/xmas800x6000ot.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

platinumpt
12-20-2005, 06:36 AM
Just tell me, I'm curious:

Why are you so fond of Liverpool? Is there any french player that you like? Is your family from Liverpool?

a french fan
12-21-2005, 01:18 AM
It's not for the french player of liverpool and i don't have any family who live in Liverpool (and in England) !
i don't know why i am for liverpool maybe for the story of the club , for the spirit too and finally for the game of Liverpool which is very different comparated to the game of MU or Chelsea for example !