PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax

dalaksta
12-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey can anyone upload any album or song anthrax please?; what are your thoughts on anthrax? I like them.

Yatesy
12-19-2005, 01:21 PM
I only have What Doesn't Die so I'll try to get that one up.

Yatesy
12-19-2005, 01:28 PM
TA-DAH!!!!!!!!! (http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2G5VPMH67N0CK0HF1E83HBAJHH)

XYlophonetreeZ
12-19-2005, 02:42 PM
i nvr hrd of dis band wut r dey lyke.

Punky Dudess
12-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I like the Anthrax pentagram logo thing, but that is all.

dain84
12-21-2005, 11:27 AM
i nvr hrd of dis band wut r dey lyke.
80s' and 90s' thrash metal, sound like Megadeth and old Metallica.

Mannen som blev en gris
12-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Dalaksta, I have a question: do you like ALL metal? It really seems like you do...

And dain84, ...he wasn't serious.

All About Eve
12-21-2005, 05:12 PM
He only likes bad metal.

Mannen som blev en gris
12-22-2005, 04:49 AM
Well, he's 12 (I think), so you shouldn't expect too much ;p But seriously, Dalaksta, what do you think about Slayer? Pantera? Motörhead? Sepultura? Marilyn Manson? Opeth? Children Of Bodom? Arch Enemy? Dark Tranquillity? In Flames? You like them all, don't you? Okay... what about Stratovarius? Apocalyptica? Queensr˙che? Blind Guardian? Saxon? Iced Earth? Uh.... Dream Theater? Nine Inch Nails (I think you've said you like them)? Hm... well, that should be enough. Tell me what you think about them.

Yatesy
12-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Dalaksta has heard of very little bands so I can't imagine him liking all metal bands.

dalaksta
12-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Dalaksta, I have a question: do you like ALL metal? It really seems like you do...

And dain84, ...he wasn't serious.
Yeah I do. I think I metionedthat a few times but aside from that yeah I love it all. My top genres of metal are thrash, heavy, industrial and death metal, but I like everything.

dalaksta
12-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Well, he's 12 (I think), so you shouldn't expect too much ;p But seriously, Dalaksta, what do you think about Slayer? Pantera? Motörhead? Sepultura? Marilyn Manson? Opeth? Children Of Bodom? Arch Enemy? Dark Tranquillity? In Flames? You like them all, don't you? Okay... what about Stratovarius? Apocalyptica? Queensr˙che? Blind Guardian? Saxon? Iced Earth? Uh.... Dream Theater? Nine Inch Nails (I think you've said you like them)? Hm... well, that should be enough. Tell me what you think about them.
Yeah I'm 12. I like all of those artists. I'm seriously into metal.

Mannen som blev en gris
12-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Wow... well, I guess you're lucky then!

All About Eve
12-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Tell me the difference between Dream Theater and Opeth, then.

Mannen som blev en gris
12-23-2005, 06:47 AM
Who? Dalaksta, right? Anyway, speaking of swedish music (*cough* Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames *cough* *is proud*), can you hear that they aren't english/american? Can you hear their accent? Maybe it's not that easy in death metal, but what about bands like Millencolin? Can americans, for example, hear when a band is from another country? I'm curious.

All About Eve
12-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Yes. Sonata Arctica is distinctively Finnish, and I've only heard like two of their songs. And Millencolin was easy to tell live, not as much on cd though.

dalaksta
12-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Tell me the difference between Dream Theater and Opeth, then.
Dream Theater: They sound like 80's metal, higher voices and not as much bass tones
Opeth: Their voices are just a little lower than Dream Theater and use more bass tones with their bass and guitars.
Thats what the difference sounds like to me.

All About Eve
12-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Dream Theater: They sound like 80's metal, higher voices and not as much bass tones
Opeth: Their voices are just a little lower than Dream Theater and use more bass tones with their bass and guitars.
Thats what the difference sounds like to me.

That's not true at all. Dream Theater just uses different tones. As for higher voices? Sure LaBrie has a big range, but he doesn't always sing high. Not to mention there's no growling in the vocals at all. Opeth is also considered death, and somewhat progressive, but mostly death. Dream Theater's music is also often woven together from song to song. There are so many more differences, but I'm probably already wasting my time.

dalaksta
12-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Who? Dalaksta, right? Anyway, speaking of swedish music (*cough* Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames *cough* *is proud*), can you hear that they aren't english/american? Can you hear their accent? Maybe it's not that easy in death metal, but what about bands like Millencolin? Can americans, for example, hear when a band is from another country? I'm curious.
Most of the time, if there isn't an american word or they have a strange voice, we can tell. But with death metal its much more difficult. Accents are pretty obviousto us. Most american metal voices are easily distinguishab;e as well as voices singing in english but are from another country.

dalaksta
12-28-2005, 03:32 PM
That's not true at all. Dream Theater just uses different tones. As for higher voices? Sure LaBrie has a big range, but he doesn't always sing high. Not to mention there's no growling in the vocals at all. Opeth is also considered death, and somewhat progressive, but mostly death. Dream Theater's music is also often woven together from song to song. There are so many more differences, but I'm probably already wasting my time.
Okay well I don't listen to Dream Theatre all that often. I hear them sometimes though. To me, LaBrie sings more alto and saprano then he does tennor or bass, but I don't listen to those two bands enough to have a positive opinion. What do I know?

Alex101
05-03-2008, 04:07 PM
I like Anthrax but only their older stuff, including Among the Living, State of Euphoria and Sound of White Noise.