PDA

View Full Version : The Ramones

Joey_Ramone rulz
12-19-2005, 11:15 AM
The founding fathers of punk rock! They are REALLY great :)

offspringrammsteinfan
12-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah they are but uhm couldn't you just use the searchbutton? there are like 20 topics about them :P

Joey_Ramone rulz
12-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah they are but uhm couldn't you just use the searchbutton? there are like 20 topics about them :P

Haha oh.. sorry... i'm new here :D

offspringrammsteinfan
12-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Haha oh.. sorry... i'm new here :D

Doesn't matter, I forgive you :p.. I call you a welcome home :cool: .

Joey_Ramone rulz
12-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Doesn't matter, I forgive you :p.. I call you a welcome home :cool: .

Thanks glad to be home :p
Are you registered at the ramones mb?

offspringrammsteinfan
12-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks glad to be home :p
Are you registered at the ramones mb?

Nope. I don't want to be an member of more boards :p .

Joey_Ramone rulz
12-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Nope. I don't want to be an member of more boards :p .

Haha too many? :p

offspringrammsteinfan
12-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Haha too many? :p

No :P but I do have an life and the time's that I don't have anything to do I can full up with this board (Like one hour a day) but that time I also use to check my mail and be on msn etc :P.

Joey_Ramone rulz
12-19-2005, 11:31 AM
No :P but I do have an life and the time's that I don't have anything to do I can full up with this board (Like one hour a day) but that time I also use to check my mail and be on msn etc :P.

Okay dokey :p

Jakebert
12-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Who? The Ramones? Who are they?

original_prankster
12-19-2005, 05:23 PM
They aren't...well...anything amazing. They're fun to listen to, but that's about it.

WebDudette
12-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Firstly:http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/save.jpg
Secondly:There not the founding fathers of Punk
Lastly:They aren't that good and they are way over rated.

original_prankster
12-19-2005, 05:29 PM

It's not like anyone here that makes a topic is automatically gonna think "OMG I SHOULD USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!" Just post a link to one of the other topics or something and/or tell them it was already made. God.

And yeah, I believe Velvet Underground were the forefathers of punk...or atleast one of 'em.

WebDudette
12-19-2005, 05:32 PM
The only diffrence between posting this and a link is they have to type in "The Ramones" and hit search. Me linking him/her to another ramones thread isn't gonna make them use the search button next time.

offspringrammsteinfan
12-20-2005, 09:48 AM

It's not like anyone here that makes a topic is automatically gonna think "OMG I SHOULD USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!" Just post a link to one of the other topics or something and/or tell them it was already made. God.

And yeah, I believe Velvet Underground were the forefathers of punk...or atleast one of 'em.

If you ask me it's Iggy pop :rolleyes:

its one fine day
12-20-2005, 09:56 AM
i havn't heard much of them, but i like what i've heard

Jakebert
12-20-2005, 01:33 PM

The Velvet Underground didn't really directly influence it musically, but attitude wise they did for sure. The bands I think that are the most important forefathers of punk are the Stooges, the MC5, and the New York Dolls. There were a lot of other bands involved, but I think those 3 were the 3 who most helped establish the sound, as a lot of the other bands from that scene were more art-influenced than anything.

Mentally_Challenged
12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Firstly:http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/save.jpg
Secondly:There not the founding fathers of Punk
Lastly:They aren't that good and they are way over rated.

Quoted, to save me typing it out again.

SaiKYoU
12-20-2005, 03:53 PM
about fathers of punk, it's not the same Punk than PunkRock... I've always consider the Ramones as father of punk rock, and about punk... well, i guess they'll be sex pistols... at least the famous fathers...

Jakebert
12-20-2005, 06:44 PM
about fathers of punk, it's not the same Punk than PunkRock... I've always consider the Ramones as father of punk rock, and about punk... well, i guess they'll be sex pistols... at least the famous fathers...

There's no difference between punk and punk rock, it's the same goddamn thing.

offspringrammsteinfan
12-20-2005, 10:47 PM

And since when are the sex pistols and the ramones more famous than iggy pop and the stooges? :eek:

dalaksta
12-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Yeah. The Ramones are really popular so use the search button next time.