PDA

View Full Version : NYC transit strike rant

Sunny
12-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Sooo this sucks. Apparently if the workers don't reach an agreement with the Metropolitan Transit Authority in the next 33 minutes the whole fucking NYC is going to be practically paralyzed all day tomorrow. No subways or buses. And I'm willing to bet there won't be enough cabs for everybody to take. Sooo that means I'm gonna have to walk for miles while carrying tons of heavy shit.

And it's finals week. Thanks, jackasses, I really needed the extra stress.

Don't bother responding with some bullshit about the workers rights, cause I don't care at this point. I'm exhausted, sleep deprived, sore and stressed... I just wanna get to school without having to waste a fuckload of time and ever so valuable energy.

fuckers.

:(

gimme sympathy? thanks.

That_Guy91
12-19-2005, 09:29 PM
I want to feel sorry for you, but i don't have to go to school tomorrow if theres a strike.

ninthlayer
12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
lolz, pedestrians.

Sunny
12-19-2005, 09:31 PM
:(

feel sorry for me anyways! my school never cancels classes!

rah. this is bullshit.

Sunny
12-19-2005, 09:31 PM
stfu i h8 u 9th!

That_Guy91
12-19-2005, 09:32 PM
my school is still open, but i'm not going to school. i live pretty damn far. and i have to go uphill.

All About Eve
12-19-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm sure you could seduce some nice schoolboys into carrying your stuff.

That_Guy91
12-19-2005, 09:33 PM
i'll do it.

Sunny
12-19-2005, 09:34 PM
well, my womanly charms aren't at their peak right now, seeing as i'm all fucking twitchy and pale with big ol bags under my eyes. and PISSED OFF.

the biggest problem is that i CANT skip class even if i wanted to. :/

JohnnyNemesis
12-19-2005, 09:36 PM
My brother works for the MTA, and he's fucking LIVID about the strike. He wants to work and needs to work, and he doesn't know how the fuck he's going to get around either without subways or buses.

Just blame the MTA, not the workers, because those fucking pigs have been practically asking for this shit for years.

Rag Doll
12-19-2005, 09:38 PM
that really sucks. while i don't know how much it sucks for you (i, thankfully, can drive to school...when i can find parking, but thats another story)...i can say that the constant interruptions on tv to talk about whether or not public transportation is still running make me go *grrrr*.

Sunny
12-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Well, I'm sure the MTA asked for it, but at the same time... they're not the only ones getting punished. the whole fucking city is. this is gonna cost Yew York $400 mln a DAY. it's beyond ridiculous, and Manhattan is gonna be absolute hell tomorrow. While the MTA people might be cunts, I don't think such extreme measures - such as shutting down a humongous metropolis - are in order.

i'm sure many of the transit workers, like your brother, are against this madness. i'm bitching about the people who were like.. flipping out and chanting "shut it down" and shit. assholes.

Jebus
12-19-2005, 09:41 PM
ugh... I remember when the MTA was in strike in LA. I missed school a bunch of times because of it.

Sunny
12-19-2005, 09:42 PM
that really sucks. while i don't know how much it sucks for you (i, thankfully, can drive to school...when i can find parking, but thats another story)...i can say that the constant interruptions on tv to talk about whether or not public transportation is still running make me go *grrrr*.

god i wish could drive.. and i guess i could get people to drive me to school tomorrow, but i can't even imagine the extent of the traffic. I'm prolly better off walking. :/

Rag Doll
12-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I imagine the traffic is going to be insane. Because you'll have so many commuters from Connecticut and NJ driving in. I mean, they have the carpool rule where you need I *think* 4 people in your car to enter the city....but still. =\

ninthlayer
12-19-2005, 09:46 PM
lolz, kneed uh ryed?

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2005, 09:59 PM
I can't even fathom the strike. When I was living in Bay Ridge, if the R was shut down for maintenance or someone jumping onto the tracks or whatever, I was fuxxxx0r3d. The whole fucking thing grinding to a halt? Jesus fuck. Prepare for barbecuing of the MTA in the unused subway tunnels.

Tizzalicious
12-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Aargh, public transport strikes are the worst. And they always do it at the most terrible times too. Over here, there has been a good strike ones though...they decided to just work, but let anyone use the tram for free. Now that's a publc-friendly form of striking.

T-6005
12-20-2005, 12:44 AM
I hate strikes in general - they always seem to miss the fact that they're making life hell for some people.

arak0r
12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
what if the reason theyre on strike is to make it so THEIR lives arent hell?

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2005, 12:53 AM
^That's exactly what I was going to say.

T-6005
12-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Yeah - it's pretty obvious that I'm being more than a little selfish in that statement. I have no doubt I'd feel different on the other side.

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Everything in NYC is so interdependent on so many things and people that I'm not sure we can differentiate so easily on who is making who's life a living hell. Clearly the MTA authority and not the transit workers are really at fault here, because we all know from paying $2 to sit on a smelly stinking filthy platform for half an hour before getting into a smelly overcrowded train car that they do NOT have their shit together.

But after witnessing one subway suicide and being otherwise affected by a second, I have learned that there is no limit to the selfishness of New Yorkers and we might as well just accept it as coming with the territory rather than argue the semantics of it.

That_Guy91
12-20-2005, 05:15 AM
Well, I woke up about a half hour ago, and the strike is officially on.

ninthlayer
12-20-2005, 05:29 AM
It kinda bums me out that someone has gone to bed and woken up during the time that I've been at work. But probably not as much as the strike will bum New York out.

I like having my own car.

Sunny
12-20-2005, 06:37 AM
what if the reason theyre on strike is to make it so THEIR lives arent hell?

at the point where i haven't *really* slept in a few days, i've barely had time to eat a full meal, my entire body hurts from being so fucking tired and i'm constantly shaky because i'm so stressed out, i can honestly say that I DONT GIVE A FLAMING SHIT.

sorry. i'm a horrible person. and a horrible person near a breakdown. so workers rights are NOT very high up on my priority list this week.

nieh
12-20-2005, 07:29 AM
I just heard about this a few minutes before I read the thread. Traffic is terrible enough as it is up there, I can't imagine how bad it is now.

sKratch
12-20-2005, 07:34 AM
Are the East-of-Hudson trains still running to Grand Central? Cause I was going to the city today ;~

Sunny
12-20-2005, 08:58 AM
yah suburban trains and ferries are still running.

all the subway entrances are closed off with tape.. ha. um. and it's so fucking cold outside.

i turned into an icicle on my way here. SAD SAD SUNNYCICLES :(

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2005, 08:58 AM
i turned into an icicle on my way here. SAD SAD SUNNYCICLES :(

*insert inappropriate joke here*

Sunny
12-20-2005, 09:00 AM
chutup. :[

my husband just called and was like OH I SUPPORT THE STRIKE. and i was like WELL IF YOU GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE AND WALK 40 BLOCKS IN 20 F WINDY WEATHER WITH A BIG HEAVY BAG THEN ILL RESPECT YOUR SUPPORT... FOR NOW KINDLY SHUT THE FUCK UP.

in all caps, like that. grrrrrrrr.

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2005, 09:02 AM
You're going to be even angrier at me when I tell you that I found "chutup" and the fact that you spoke in all caps to be absolutely adorable.

Please don't bite my head off.

Sunny
12-20-2005, 09:05 AM
i couldn't bite your head off if i wanted to cause my face muscles are frozen solid. i feel totally botoxed. bah.

and yes i have red cheeks too. :( CHUTUP! yes i said it again!

RARR.

Nina
12-20-2005, 09:41 AM
YOU'RE SO CUTE.
I'm sorry these things are being a bitch at the moment. I relate, especially to the whole stupid-strike-and-therefore-being-forced-to-walk-in-icy-weather thing.

wheelchairman
12-20-2005, 09:50 AM
I hate our buses when we have no strikes. We have nightbuses that don't ride at night (i.e. 3-5 am.)

If I had known that, I never would've walked home for 2 hours in the cold Copenhagen night, just wanting my bed. Cause I can't afford a cab.

DirtyMagical
12-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Strikes are supposed to piss people off. It's their entire purpose. To demonstrate how much people are dependent. So no wonder they suck .
There was one strike I enjoyed:Toronto cops went on strike not so long ago, it was quite pleasant.=)

arak0r
12-20-2005, 12:24 PM
at the point where i haven't *really* slept in a few days, i've barely had time to eat a full meal, my entire body hurts from being so fucking tired and i'm constantly shaky because i'm so stressed out, i can honestly say that I DONT GIVE A FLAMING SHIT.

sorry. i'm a horrible person. and a horrible person near a breakdown. so workers rights are NOT very high up on my priority list this week.

maybe YOU should go on strike :p

0r4ng3
12-20-2005, 02:58 PM
After all this time, they never changed it? I'm not saying they should, but that's probably what the "politically correct" would have done.

Sunny
12-20-2005, 07:53 PM
maybe YOU should go on strike :p

i would if i was a big inconsiderate union worker cunt, which i am not. ;x

i hope they get fined soooo bad. wait they ARE getting fined. a million a day. and by the way... apparently the offer MTA made last night was quite fair, yet it was rejected ANYWAY. they're fucking inconsiderate bully assholes and their tactics are sickening. as someone on.. i think CNN said "how can we give a raise to a bus driver who made three elderly ladies walk home in the cold?". um. good point. and it was in the fucking 20s earlier today.

i was alright though, i walked a lot, but i was fine. they can blow my ass.

ninthlayer
12-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Twenties? You need to wear a jacket for that? It's been getting below zero here and that is the suck, for serious. Adriann would probably be wearing shorts if it were twenty degrees outside (lolz, polar bears).

Sunny
12-20-2005, 08:14 PM
but you have a car, butthead. a warm warm comfy car. so stfu <3

ninthlayer
12-20-2005, 08:16 PM
With leather interior, but no heated seats!

Sunny
12-20-2005, 08:19 PM
aw. speaking of which.. i wish they sold like.. heated butt pads. cause my butt gets awful cold in the winter. so there should be a portable device you could just attach to it.. like a mini space heater.

ah! warm sunnybutts!

ninthlayer
12-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Too easy.

Sunny
12-20-2005, 08:25 PM

you're awful.

ninthlayer
12-20-2005, 08:29 PM
U NO U LIEK IT, YES U DO!!@!
(omgz)

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2005, 08:51 PM
aw. speaking of which.. i wish they sold like.. heated butt pads. cause my butt gets awful cold in the winter. so there should be a portable device you could just attach to it.. like a mini space heater.

ah! warm sunnybutts!

Dude, they do! I forget the name of the company, but they make these self-adhesive heating bads! They're meant for sore muscles and menstrual cramps, but I'm sure you could stick one across your booty. Then you will truly have a hot ass.

Sunny
12-20-2005, 08:57 PM
that's amazing. i will investigate the matter, that's for sure.

but are you saying my rear is not hot enough for you? :(

Rag Doll
12-20-2005, 09:16 PM
They might be called thermacare. I have them somewhere, but can't recall the name. They fucking rock.

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2005, 09:29 PM
but are you saying my rear is not hot enough for you? :(

Your already hot ass will become hotter and then thus redefine what is a hot ass. Yo.