PDA

View Full Version : Email problems - can someone help me

darko
12-20-2005, 01:25 PM
I use outlook express, lately it been asking for username/password to be entered again.....i do this and it keeps asking....thing is i can still receive mail, just bot send. Now i've deleted and re-created both accounts in outlook, checked them over for mistakes and yet its still asking for this stupid username/password even though its entered and saved

HELP its bugging me!

adRi
12-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Duh, Outlook Express sucks? :rolleyes:
:p I hate it ^^

darko
12-20-2005, 01:41 PM
if all your going to do is post how you hate outlook express, PLEASE bogg off

0r4ng3
12-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Ooh, "bogg off". That's a good one. *adds to list*

Tijs
12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
I use outlook express, lately it been asking for username/password to be entered again.....i do this and it keeps asking....thing is i can still receive mail, just bot send. Now i've deleted and re-created both accounts in outlook, checked them over for mistakes and yet its still asking for this stupid username/password even though its entered and saved

HELP its bugging me!
So you can receive emails, but when you want to send any it asks you for your username/password?

Do you have the same thing in outgoing email (smtp) as the incoming email (pop3)?

If that's so, that might be it. I made that mistake too until I realized I had to enter my provider's smtp there.

darko
12-21-2005, 04:27 AM
So you can receive emails, but when you want to send any it asks you for your username/password?

Do you have the same thing in outgoing email (smtp) as the incoming email (pop3)?

If that's so, that might be it. I made that mistake too until I realized I had to enter my provider's smtp there.

yeah, its the same of POP3 and SMTP. was going through it most of last night with one of the support guys from the e-mail provider....deleted accounts, recreated them, checked over for misstakes etc. its stopped asking for username/password and now just refuses to send e-mails

Endymion
12-21-2005, 08:36 AM
maybe use a client that won't automatically install 3rd party software // viruses just by previewing an email? judging by the software you choose to run, your system may be corrupted and need a reformat.

its one fine day
12-21-2005, 11:00 AM
try mozzila thunderbird. its like mozzila's outlook express
CLICK HERE FOR THUNDERBIRD (http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=113847&t=180)