PDA

View Full Version : Another Girl, Another Planet

XYlophonetreeZ
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM
So my brother was playing his copy of "Blink 182 Greatest Hits" in the car the other day and I heard this song. It's really good. Mark Hoppus doesn't sing in as boring a voice as he usually does, and I just thought it was a generally likeable song. I told him that it was the best song Blink has ever written. Then I found out that it was a cover. Originally it was a song by The Only Ones.

That was kind of disappointing. I really kind of wanted to believe that they wrote such a good song themselves. Oh well. Still, it's a good cover. I downloaded the original, and it was the kind of song that was just begging to be covered- well-written and had a lot of potential, but, like so much of that old British punk, sounded like crap anyway. Blink really added a lot to it. It's pretty sad when you have to admit that Mark Hoppus improved on a song's vocals.

joethejudge
12-21-2005, 11:21 AM
I really like the original...

XYlophonetreeZ
12-21-2005, 11:25 AM
It's a good song. I like the original better than I did when I first heard it. It's just that I don't really like Blink-182 much at all and at first I was really impressed with the song, thinking they wrote it themselves. If I had heard the original first, I'm sure I would have liked it better. But I still think the vocals are kinda annoying.

Yatesy
12-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I've not heard the original but the song by Blink is strangely good.

0r4ng3
12-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I heard it too. It actually does sound like a blink song. It's one of the few songs by them I like.

killer_queen
12-21-2005, 12:59 PM
The title reminded me Beatles' Another Girl.

Obie2trice
12-21-2005, 01:48 PM
One of the better Blink songs

nameless
12-21-2005, 03:02 PM
i like the song, i just hated the album they put out before it!

Betty
12-22-2005, 03:19 PM
I put that song on all the mix tapes/CDs I make for people, cause it's one of my favourites and something everyone needs to hear. Well, the original. I've never heard the Blink 182 version. And I suppose in a way it could be a decent candidate for a cover cause it's a GOOD song that nobody knows... but then again I have a special place in my heart for the original one so it's a little disappointing at the same time.

Anyway, shocking to see that title as a topic.