PDA

View Full Version : what was your worst injury ever ?

Sinister
12-21-2005, 06:58 PM
yeah, it's been done before, but I think it can be done again.

my worst injury ever was when some kid kicked a tennis ball in MY balls today. I was lying there on the floor for a few minutes unable to even THINK. it hurt like HELL!

0r4ng3
12-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Last year, when I was playing this game called European Handball (also known as Team Handball) in Gym class, and I was goalie. I ducked my head for a second to adjust a goal cone. The second I turned my head back, the ball came full speed for my head. Luckily, I blocked the goal.

The very next week, to the day, I was hit with a line drive baseball. To the head.

Last week, we started European Handball again. I was goalie again. I was hit in the balls on Tuesday. Then again on Wednesday. And again on Thursday.

Ahh, memories.

Edit: I also remember getting hit in the face with a soccer ball last year.

Sinister
12-21-2005, 07:03 PM
THREE hits in the balls ?

Dude, consider yourself lucky if you're not sterile/impotent after that.

Sowhat
12-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Breaking my little toe. I was running between two rooms and hit my foot on a wall.

0r4ng3
12-21-2005, 07:04 PM
THREE hits in the balls ?

Dude, consider yourself lucky if you're not sterile/impotent after that.
Yeah, everyone warned me about that. To be totally honest, the one on Tuesday only hit me in the lower stomach, but it still hurt like hell.

WebDudette
12-21-2005, 07:05 PM
I would consider giving up the goalie bizz.

Sinister
12-21-2005, 07:05 PM
not a bad idea.
or buy protective equipment.

WebDudette
12-21-2005, 07:06 PM
My worste pain is Brain Freezes how I hate brain freezes I would rather loose a limb then have a brain freeze but I can't stay away from the sweet sugary goodness of Slushies.

0r4ng3
To be honest, I don't mind getting hit so much. I'm used to it. It's almost a character trait of mine. But, yes, I'm not goalie anymore.

coke_a_holic
Shitty limerick power combined with a lack of incentive makes:

I'm having some serious lawlz,
'cuz Jesse got pwned in the bawlz.
I know it's just a tad bit ironic,
that he was pwnt by other bawlz.

Sinister
12-21-2005, 07:09 PM
it is indeed a shitty limerick.

Rancid_Guyxxx
12-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I got hit in the face with a baseball bat when I was 9. We were playing baseball, I was catcher, and I was standing a bit too close so when my friend swung the bat it hit me in the side of my face. I got a tooth knocked out and a nasty bruise. I've also sprained my finger twice, and my arm once but they didn't hurt as much as this.

coke_a_holic
12-21-2005, 07:14 PM
This isn't as painful as it sounds, but it was still pretty bad. I was skiiing with my friends at the local mountain, when I realized I had to get onto the trail next to the one I was on. No big deal, there's a break in the trees that's easy to cut through to the other side. Little did I know that ski patrol saw this and decided to make sure people weren't cutting into trails. I was going pretty fast down the slope only to find that a rope had been put up between the trails! I tried to duck it, but got closelined.

Long story short: lacerated necks hurt like a bitch.

0r4ng3
12-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I'd make a shitty "Mike pwned by a rope" limerick to reciprocate, but I'm just not that creative.

Sinister
12-21-2005, 07:17 PM
hey Jesse & Mike, I don't know why, but I always mistake you for one another.

0r4ng3
12-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I get that a lot.

Sinister
12-21-2005, 07:19 PM
maybe its the fact you both state an addiction in your usernames.

by the way, what the FUCK is that avatar ?

0r4ng3
12-21-2005, 07:23 PM
It's from this webcomic. (http://nothingnice.com/index.php?pageNum_Recordset2=296&totalRows_Recordset2=323)

OMG! un-PC!

ninthlayer
12-21-2005, 07:24 PM
I've always pictured coke and orange as like BBF 4EVAR. Too bad orange isn't named 1i/\/\3. Lime in the coke, you fuck..

My worst injury was the one my pride took when I found out that the girl I used to see was a cutter.

Sinister
12-21-2005, 07:26 PM
It's from this webcomic. (http://nothingnice.com/index.php?pageNum_Recordset2=296&totalRows_Recordset2=323)

OMG! un-PC!

un-PC ? what the hell ?
sorry, but I really don't get it. :confused:

Tired_Of_You
12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I once fell on my back in the stairs. It hurt so much and I couldn't even breath and talk.

2 weeks ago we were playing volleyball and I don't know how I did that, but I hit myself with the goddamn ball. In my face. Then I received that damn ball a few times in my face. I didn't return for the next class. =(
That's not why I didn't return, though. Ha.

I received a baseball ball (?) on my right eyebrow once.

Nothing too special since I don't have balls.

0r4ng3
12-21-2005, 07:28 PM
un-PC ? what the hell ?
sorry, but I really don't get it. :confused:
You probably have to know Nothing Nice to Say entirely before you can. By the way, that's not how he draws it all the time.

JoY
12-22-2005, 05:33 AM
double fractured my leg. yeah, that was kind of painful.

mrconeman
12-22-2005, 06:00 AM
Broken collar bone *shudder* even thinking about it I get a weird feeling where it happened.
It sucked, I was walking with my friends and one of them kicked an empty coke bottle towards me, me without realising managed to step on it and slip, I went hurtling towards the ground, with my hands in my back pockets OF COURSE, so I couldnt break the fall with my hands, so with my quick wit I tried to roll over to my back while falling, of course I didnt manage and hit the collar bone right off the corner of the edge of the footpath. Definatly the most pain I've ever felt.
I'm just so glad it was before I started playing guitar, if it happened nowdays and I couldnt play I dont know what I would do.

TheHulaChick
12-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Hmm biggest injury I've had would be having surgey on both my knees cause bits of bone came loose, but that wasn't really so much painful as it was just hard to walk for ages.

Most painful thing is probably twisting my ankle tho, I've twisted it like 4 times. I did it again real bad last month, and it doesn't seem to be healing properly now =(

Sowhat
12-22-2005, 06:25 AM
How do bits of bone just come loose? :confused:

TheHulaChick
12-22-2005, 06:43 AM
How do bits of bone just come loose? :confused:
Osteochondritis Dissecans
http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1996/06_96/ralston.htm

Rag Doll
12-22-2005, 06:51 AM
I used to do gymnastics when I was younger. I was doing a flip from the high bar to the low bar and something happened...I'm not sure if I got distracted or what, but my lower back slammed down onto the low bar and then I fell onto the mat underneath. Yeah, my back is still fucked up from that.

Rocky-girl
12-22-2005, 07:34 AM
When I was child I felt and injured my leg. Till nowadays I have a scar. This was many years ago. But now I think that the worst injury is in my heart:( I tell you about moral injuries.

Sowhat
12-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Osteochondritis Dissecans
http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1996/06_96/ralston.htm
Thanks for the link. Hm, interesting. Have you had any trauma to the area or not? It just seems like a weird thing to happen.

notoriousdoc
12-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Appendicitus-hurts like sweet holy fuck

Unbelieving doctors don't help as well

Having glass in your foot kills as well, not as much as the needle though...

Lithuanian Offspring
12-22-2005, 08:17 AM
I got decapitated.

TheHulaChick
12-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the link. Hm, interesting. Have you had any trauma to the area or not? It just seems like a weird thing to happen.
It's really weird, according to all the info I've heard I shouldn't've got it. It's most common in young males who play a lot of sport or yeah, had trauma to the joint.

My knees had always hurt a lil since I was 11, but the doc thought nothin of it. And the only thing sport related thing I've done is circus training, which is just a hobby, and low intensity. The bit of bone came off when I was 16 and I did a basic flip and landed with my knees a lil bent, and cause it was real loose allready that just made it break off. Then after surgery the docs did an MRI on my knees and the other knee had a dead piece of bone in it so they just removed it too, instead of waiting for it to come off fully.

Heh, and now I have a couple chunks of my knee in jars, woot.

Italia311
12-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Worst injury was when I was playing doubles tennis. My cousin cut infront of me to hit the ball and ended up smashing me in the face and knocking my tooth out. It fucking hurt so bad.

<<Angry Kid>>
12-22-2005, 08:44 AM
My worst injury was when I died.

psychopixi
12-22-2005, 09:01 AM
My worst injury was a fractured rib. This has happened twice - once on my left and once on my right, and both times it was due to being hugged! Both times I had a really bad chest infection, and my chest was aching anyway because I'd been coughing so much. The first time a friend gave me a "get well" bear hug, and the second time my boyfriend hugged me and picked me up.

Explaining that in A&E wasn't fun, I had to tell them about a million times that no, my boyfriend wasn't abusing me, all he'd done was hug me...

Tijs
12-22-2005, 09:12 AM
Broken leg. That happened when I was just a few months old, so of course I can't remember it anymore.

And other than that... temporarly blindness in one eye?
Some one threw a stick at me and it hit me just under my eye causing me to be blind on that eye for a while (and throwing up and stuff like that).

its one fine day
12-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Last year, when I was playing this game called European Handball (also known as Team Handball) in Gym class, and I was goalie. I ducked my head for a second to adjust a goal cone. The second I turned my head back, the ball came full speed for my head. Luckily, I blocked the goal.

The very next week, to the day, I was hit with a line drive baseball. To the head.

Last week, we started European Handball again. I was goalie again. I was hit in the balls on Tuesday. Then again on Wednesday. And again on Thursday.

Ahh, memories.

Edit: I also remember getting hit in the face with a soccer ball last year.
ow... :( :( :(

HeadAroundU
12-22-2005, 09:39 AM
broken ass
:D

alistair13
12-22-2005, 10:12 AM
i was in a canoe crash in Arkansas, and I broke both my arms 'cause the thing smashed into a tree.

yeah, coming into a close second is when i trapped a ball in soccer with my own.

Psyco_girl
12-22-2005, 12:14 PM
broken leg at 5

killer_queen
12-22-2005, 12:39 PM
My mom "accidently" poured very hot water on my right hand two years ago. I wasn't able to use my hand for two weeks and I had to take my exams after everybody. It was the worst month I have ever had.

nameless
12-22-2005, 03:17 PM
i collided with someone in middle school and broke my nose! it was bleeding for over an hour! a couple of years i agrovated my knee ligaments which took about 6 months to get better!

Twinkle
12-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Sports injury to my right shin/ankle. I had this weird bump on the inside of my shin bone from an unhealed injury. I kept on playing ALL season long with the injury, and it hurt like hell. My coach didn't care, even when I was out on the field FUCKING LIMPING. You think they would get I was hurt, but the trainer didn't think it was anything serious, ya know, cause I couldn't walk and everything. My parents thought I was exaggerating, but finally said they'd take me to a doctor, but I was afraid of getting surgery, so I didn't go to get it checked out. It's still there, but what the hell, suck it up, eat the pain.

Sinister
12-22-2005, 06:57 PM
thanks for the bump. I'd also like to mention my second - and most bloody - injury ever.

I was at a hockey game with my dad, then right before I go down a flight of stairs he says, "hey watch out your shoelace is untied !". I stupidly tried to stop and look. CRASH ! smashed my nose in the stairs. Bled like a stuck pig for a few hours, but the pain wasn't that bad.