PDA

View Full Version : Everclear

dain84
12-22-2005, 12:34 AM
I just downloaded "So Much for the Afterglow" and I have to say it's an amazing album. The secret track "Hating you for Christmas" is fucking sick. Anyone else listen to them?

Human
12-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Yup, I do. Posting that christmas song made me feel great. Damn...when you posted the lyrics I was so damn happy that I wasn't the only one who hates it...lol...on myspace

Lithuanian Offspring
12-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Everclear are pretty awesome.

dalaksta
12-22-2005, 08:29 AM
I ve heard stuff about them I've just never heard them.

Yatesy
12-22-2005, 08:36 AM
I've heard an album by them, can't remember what it's called or anything but yeah it was good.

Jakebert
12-22-2005, 09:44 AM
I ve heard stuff about them I've just never heard them.

There's a shocker for ya.

As for the band, I think they're ok, but nothing special.

All About Eve
12-22-2005, 11:12 AM
There's a shocker for ya.

As for the band, I think they're ok, but nothing special.

He likes to shake stuff up once in a while. And I agree.

nieh
12-22-2005, 11:30 AM
They piss me off. They have the same "dum dum dum digga-dum dum - Yeah!" in 75% of their songs. I got sick to death of their hits, but for some reason I bought So Much for the Afterglow anyway. Aside from the singles (which took up about half the album) it was a decent cd, but I felt like it was a ripoff because I only liked half of it. I bought Songs from an American Movie (or whatever it was called) without ever hearing any of the songs from it expecting to get something decent without...you know...the worthless singles. Anyway, the album sounded absolutely identical to the other one. Even the track layout seemed to go in the same order from upbeat to mellow, etc. It felt like I bought the same album twice. Their alright for occasional listening, but I'm not going to spend any more money on them.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Pretty much what nieh said. Also, almost every one of their songs involves a "loud" part in which the singer yells "NO!!" even if there is no reason lyrically to say the word "no." He always whines about how much his life sucks, which gets really annoying, although I can honestly admit that he had the most terrifying Behind the Music episode I've ever seen. So maybe it's almost excusable.

nieh
12-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Pretty much what nieh said. Also, almost every one of their songs involves a "loud" part in which the singer yells "NO!!" even if there is no reason lyrically to say the word "no." He always whines about how much his life sucks, which gets really annoying, although I can honestly admit that he had the most terrifying Behind the Music episode I've ever seen. So maybe it's almost excusable.

Actually, I've always been fond of his lyrics (again, outside of the singles). They're one of the best things about the band, though I can see why it would kinda get a bit annoying since they're always about the same sort of stuff.

Apathy
12-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Don't they sing the song 'My Biznitch is the Shiznit'? that song is awesome. I'm not sure if they do, but if anyone knows, tell me, I like it.

dain84
12-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Don't they sing the song 'My Biznitch is the Shiznit'? that song is awesome. I'm not sure if they do, but if anyone knows, tell me, I like it.
No, that's Tenacious D.

DeAtHsTaR
04-16-2006, 01:31 AM
So does anyone liek the song "Heartspark dollarsign?"

Ha, Santa Monica and I will buy you a new Life have the exact same guitar intro.

barangatang
04-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Don't own any of their albums but, I saw em' live and they rocked.

Bloodstains
04-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Everclear's probably my third favorite band. I like their song "White Men in Black Suits" from So Much For The Afterglow. It's been stuck in my head for the past few months...

DeAtHsTaR
04-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Am I the only one that actually loves Everclear that also realizes they all sound the same? I mean, it usually annoys me, but for some reason I love Everclear.

Ps, anyone like the covers they've done? Brown Eyed Girl, I've Seen Better Days, they're just great.

Whoa, they have 5 members now, and Art is the only original. The new song they recorded is on their myspace (http://myspace.com/everclear)