PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Get Your Gun

Twinkle
12-22-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm curious as to anyone who has read or seen the movie Johnny Get Your Gun. I've never read or seen it, so I was wondering if someone could explain it to me. All I saw was Metallica's video for "One", which included footage from the movie and I learned about in history class. Do they finally kill Johnny in the end, or what happens?

the_offsprings_monkey
12-22-2005, 04:57 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about the amazing Rick. :(

tkum
12-22-2005, 04:59 PM
are you talking about "stumpy" ? i have only seen the video clip and some mates told me what it was about before hand, i am also curoise,

The Talking Pie
12-22-2005, 05:30 PM
"Johnny get your gun!". Man, back then the rallying cries didn't even need to have reasons embedded in them.

Twinkle
12-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Although Ricardo deserves a thread about him, he's had his quota filled already, and this IS, in fact, actually about the movie/book Johnny Get Your Gun. It's an intriguing story and I would really love to know what happens in the end. Yes, I am a book nerd. The guy gets his face, arms, and legs blown off in the war, but is still alive. Sad. I want to read it, but I lack the time right now.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Although Ricardo deserves a thread about him, he's had his quota filled already, and this IS, in fact, actually about the movie/book Johnny Get Your Gun. It's an intriguing story and I would really love to know what happens in the end. Yes, I am a book nerd. The guy gets his face, arms, and legs blown off in the war, but is still alive. Sad. I want to read it, but I lack the time right now.
Yea that's all fine and well, but I still see a lack of Rick threads.

Twinkle
12-22-2005, 06:56 PM
You know the search button. Try JohnnyNemesis. Then try Ricky. Then try JohnnyNemisis, and see how many threads you come up with, and then tell me about the lack of Ricky threads you care so much about.