PDA

View Full Version : Disclaimer: Completely self-validating bragging

sKratch
12-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Ok so I got all my grades for last semester and I am VERY happy. I scored an A in Modern Physics, an A in sophomore lab, and an A in Oral Communications. I squeezed a B+ out of Differential Equations. So I have a 3.784 semester and a 3.653 cummulative GPA. I'm just really psyched about these grades and feel the need to talk about them. I'll probably feel like a douche about 5 minutes after I make this post but whatever. Lick me, you know you want to.

Chimera512
12-23-2005, 12:37 AM
GO FUCK YOURSELF SKRATCH.
i mean good job with the grades. :D
i can understadn a bit of bragging. and that's what you get for going to an easy state school...i mean if you took like hard classes not like that 2+2 = physics shit you might have to work for your grades.
i mean, congragulations.
i'm only being a dick because this is the internet and he's asking for it with that thread title.
wait, if i knew him in real life i'd say the same thing.

Endymion
12-23-2005, 12:37 AM
best theory ever: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Principle

sKratch
12-23-2005, 12:38 AM
zogm please welcome my first real life pal to the offspring forums
:E

JohnnyNemesis
12-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Ugh, I don't get my grades until the 6th :(

Good job though!

sKratch
12-23-2005, 12:45 AM
best theory ever: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Principle
That actually sounds really interesting. Hope to hear more about it in the future. I heard about it a few years ago but what I read was poorly explained for someone of my level at the time.
And thanks Riquito (I've decided that's my pet name for you).

Endymion
12-23-2005, 12:50 AM
bah, i only got a 3.833 this semester... a fucking b in database theory. my cumulative's not that great at a 3.4ish.

Mota Boy
12-23-2005, 03:32 AM
zogm please welcome my first real life pal to the offspring forums
:E
Everything he says and does will reflect on you and how cool you are. This is the equivalent of bringing a BBS friend out to a party with your real life amigos.

I was totally fuckin' pissed because I got a D on one of my term papers that I wrote the night before (while also writing another term paper - and doing the research for both simultarenously that night, I might add). I e-mailed the prof about it and it turns out that it was due to a spread-sheet error, and I actually got an A/A- on it, or a 3.85 instead of a 1, so I'm rather psyched.

Very nice on the grades, muchacho. Though it would be a math major who would calculate his GPA to three decimal places.

the_GoDdEsS
12-23-2005, 03:36 AM
The only thing I can brag about is that my adult clients achieve 95% and higher percentages on their English/German tests.

HornyPope
12-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Oh dude Endy, i've been smoking up a lot with a bunch of science nerds lately and they were feeding me those crazy science discussions. I hadn't retained anything worthy except that I would like a quantum computer.

the_GoDdEsS
12-23-2005, 05:41 AM
It must be the signature...

Rag Doll
12-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Congratulations, sKratch =)

I have no clue when I'm getting my grades =\

Endymion
12-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh dude Endy, i've been smoking up a lot with a bunch of science nerds lately and they were feeding me those crazy science discussions. I hadn't retained anything worthy except that I would like a quantum computer.
lolz, one of the thesis topics i'm looking at is writing a quantum programming language + quantum algorithms.

Sinister
12-23-2005, 09:10 AM
ok my turn to brag now

I got 80% on my physics exam. but it's pretty basic stuff, I'm not even in college yet.

Endymion
12-23-2005, 09:19 AM
MY CONDOLENCES, ENDY, FOR YOUR FAILURE
thank you, sarah. it means a lot to me that you were here for me during my time of need.

sKratch
12-23-2005, 09:32 AM
mota - it's always nice to find out bad grades were a mistake. especially after you've already rationalized with yourself and come to accept the bad grade. well done. And thanks to everyone else :]

Chimera512
12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Everything he says and does will reflect on you and how cool you are.

and hopefully some of the stuff i say reflects on me as well, or make sure you all know that he's really an asshole. I was hoping skratch might not me like "zomg my friend" and allow some of you to form your own impressions about me before i was "that kid who's friends with skratch" meh, whatever, this is the internet. Things like the Holographic Principle are why my majors are History and English.