PDA

View Full Version : Disclaimer: Completely self-validating bragging

sKratch
12-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Ok so I got all my grades for last semester and I am VERY happy. I scored an A in Modern Physics, an A in sophomore lab, and an A in Oral Communications. I squeezed a B+ out of Differential Equations. So I have a 3.784 semester and a 3.653 cummulative GPA. I'm just really psyched about these grades and feel the need to talk about them. I'll probably feel like a douche about 5 minutes after I make this post but whatever. Lick me, you know you want to.

Chimera512
12-22-2005, 11:37 PM
GO FUCK YOURSELF SKRATCH.
i mean good job with the grades. :D
i can understadn a bit of bragging. and that's what you get for going to an easy state school...i mean if you took like hard classes not like that 2+2 = physics shit you might have to work for your grades.
i mean, congragulations.
i'm only being a dick because this is the internet and he's asking for it with that thread title.
wait, if i knew him in real life i'd say the same thing.

Endymion
12-22-2005, 11:37 PM
best theory ever: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Principle

sKratch
12-22-2005, 11:38 PM
zogm please welcome my first real life pal to the offspring forums
:E

JohnnyNemesis
12-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Ugh, I don't get my grades until the 6th :(

Good job though!

sKratch
12-22-2005, 11:45 PM
That actually sounds really interesting. Hope to hear more about it in the future. I heard about it a few years ago but what I read was poorly explained for someone of my level at the time.
And thanks Riquito (I've decided that's my pet name for you).

Endymion
12-22-2005, 11:50 PM
bah, i only got a 3.833 this semester... a fucking b in database theory. my cumulative's not that great at a 3.4ish.

Little_Miss_1565
12-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Fuck you, Endy, I had to write all my papers under the influence of Ultram and Xanaflex so I'm praying they were in ENGLISH, let alone GOOD. Boo fucking hoo 3.8 semester MY CONDOLENCES, ENDY, FOR YOUR FAILURE.

On another note, Congrats, Skratch!

Mota Boy
12-23-2005, 02:32 AM
zogm please welcome my first real life pal to the offspring forums
:E
Everything he says and does will reflect on you and how cool you are. This is the equivalent of bringing a BBS friend out to a party with your real life amigos.

I was totally fuckin' pissed because I got a D on one of my term papers that I wrote the night before (while also writing another term paper - and doing the research for both simultarenously that night, I might add). I e-mailed the prof about it and it turns out that it was due to a spread-sheet error, and I actually got an A/A- on it, or a 3.85 instead of a 1, so I'm rather psyched.

Very nice on the grades, muchacho. Though it would be a math major who would calculate his GPA to three decimal places.

Little_Miss_1565
12-23-2005, 02:33 AM

Is it bad that I read that and all I thought was "We're in a play/Of slow decay/Orchestrated by Boltzmann/It's ENTROPY/Energy at all levels/ENTROPY...."

the_GoDdEsS
12-23-2005, 02:36 AM
The only thing I can brag about is that my adult clients achieve 95% and higher percentages on their English/German tests.

Little_Miss_1565
12-23-2005, 02:46 AM
The only thing I can brag about is that my adult clients achieve 95%

Ooh, yeah, baby...now that's something to brag about...

Oh wait, on tests? I thought you were trying not to be crass about achieving .climax. "Adult clients" after all. ;)

HornyPope
12-23-2005, 04:26 AM
Oh dude Endy, i've been smoking up a lot with a bunch of science nerds lately and they were feeding me those crazy science discussions. I hadn't retained anything worthy except that I would like a quantum computer.

the_GoDdEsS
12-23-2005, 04:41 AM
It must be the signature...

Rag Doll
12-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Congratulations, sKratch =)

I have no clue when I'm getting my grades =\

Endymion
12-23-2005, 08:04 AM
Oh dude Endy, i've been smoking up a lot with a bunch of science nerds lately and they were feeding me those crazy science discussions. I hadn't retained anything worthy except that I would like a quantum computer.
lolz, one of the thesis topics i'm looking at is writing a quantum programming language + quantum algorithms.

Sinister
12-23-2005, 08:10 AM
ok my turn to brag now

I got 80% on my physics exam. but it's pretty basic stuff, I'm not even in college yet.

Endymion
12-23-2005, 08:19 AM
MY CONDOLENCES, ENDY, FOR YOUR FAILURE
thank you, sarah. it means a lot to me that you were here for me during my time of need.

sKratch
12-23-2005, 08:32 AM
mota - it's always nice to find out bad grades were a mistake. especially after you've already rationalized with yourself and come to accept the bad grade. well done. And thanks to everyone else :]

Chimera512
12-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Everything he says and does will reflect on you and how cool you are.

and hopefully some of the stuff i say reflects on me as well, or make sure you all know that he's really an asshole. I was hoping skratch might not me like "zomg my friend" and allow some of you to form your own impressions about me before i was "that kid who's friends with skratch" meh, whatever, this is the internet. Things like the Holographic Principle are why my majors are History and English.