PDA

View Full Version : Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness

ruroken
12-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Holy shit, this double album is amazing. I highly recommend that everyone here, that has yet to hear it, to get off their lazy ass and buy it now. Either that or stay on your ass and download it. As long as you hear it.

Also, is there anything else as equally amazing?

JohnnyNemesis
12-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Haha, it's so funny how you're just finding these albums that most of us got sick of about 7 years ago. But yes, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is a pretty amazing album. Zero is my favorite on Disc 1, and Bodies is my favorite on Disc 2. Bodies is my favorite on the entire double album. Simply phenomenal.

ruroken
12-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Love is suicide
Love is suicide

Yeah, that song kicks ass.

I got into music a year or so ago, and I am slowly finding all the best stuff. So, that's why I'm getting all the albums everyone got sick of a long time ago. Sorry if it's annoying.

JohnnyNemesis
12-24-2005, 10:31 AM
It's not annoying, just funny.

The Smashing Pumpkins are pretty damned good. You might wanna pick up "Siamese Dream", which came out prior to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. If you just want random songs to download, these are some of their better hits:

Disarm
The Everlasting Gaze
Adore
Today

And I hate these two songs from them, but a lot of people seem to like them:

Perfect
Stand Inside Your Love

ruroken
12-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I have Siamese Dream. It's awesome. Today and Luna are my favorite songs on it.

I also have Gish, but I haven't listened to it yet.

coke_a_holic
12-24-2005, 11:36 AM
My dad got this cd when I was about 5 years old, I think I'm gonna scrounge through the boxes in my basement for it. He's got a bunch of cds that I wants...

All About Eve
12-24-2005, 11:57 AM
You're lucky. Half of the cds my parents own (so like, 10 or something) they bought after I was born, and a majority of the other half are just like pub songs or Christmas songs, etc.

China Boy
12-24-2005, 05:07 PM
My dad has a wide collection of Frank Zappa LPs in our garage.
I love Camarillo Brillo.

Rag Doll
12-24-2005, 07:15 PM
My favorite Pumpkins song is *Set The Ray To Jerry*...it's really mellow, but if you can find it, download it. If not, and you want it, shoot me a PM sometime and I'll send it to you on AIM or MSN or something.

MCIS is great though. I got my tattoo from some of the artwork in the lyrics book for that cd. My favorite on disc 1 is *Love* and on disc 2 it's *Where Boys Fear To Tread*.

nieh
12-24-2005, 08:53 PM
It would've made a great single disc album. There's too many songs that just don't do anything for me, or that actively annoy me. Still, the good songs are very good. Zero is probably one of their best songs ever.

JohnnyNemesis
12-24-2005, 11:31 PM
^That post sums up the album perfectly.

the_GoDdEsS
12-25-2005, 08:28 AM
I love it, just like I love the band. And oh shit, Disarm is insanely powerful to me.

ruroken
12-25-2005, 02:17 PM
My dad got this cd when I was about 5 years old, I think I'm gonna scrounge through the boxes in my basement for it. He's got a bunch of cds that I wants...
haha, I look through over 500 of my two uncle's cds. That's where I get all this music.

Apathy
12-27-2005, 08:30 AM
I just bought this album yesterday.

I love the Smashing Pumpkins Radio Singles.... Bullet With Butterfly wings, Today, Zero, Disarm, 1979, and Tonight, Tonight are all great.

Problem is, All the other songs sound the same to me.

T-6005
12-27-2005, 09:04 AM
I have to admit that the Smashing Pumpkins have never done anything for me. Ever. I've always hated them.

But now that I think about it, I can't actually remember a single one of their songs. I could give them another chance.

ruroken
12-28-2005, 10:14 AM
My favorite song is Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness. :D