PDA

View Full Version : Jim Carrey

Trippy
12-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Anyone else a fan of Jim Carrey? A new film just came out, fun with Dick and Jane, need to see that. He's just awesome, the best comedian for sure. Who wouldn't like the movies such as Dumb & Dumber, Ace Ventura's, Liar liar?

DUKESTER76
12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
i think hes cool and all but sometimes he just annoys me

Psyco_girl
12-26-2005, 02:44 PM
hum...im not a fan of Jim Carey but hes petty good. I dont think im going to see his new movie anyways

Conspiracy of One
12-26-2005, 02:45 PM
He's okay in small doses, because he gets annoying really quick.

China Boy
12-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Yeah, he's pretty cool. I hate it though when he does serious movies such as Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. And his old stuff is better too.

Ace Ventura <3

the_GoDdEsS
12-26-2005, 02:54 PM
I don't like comedies where people act like motherfucking idiots. I don't like comedies in general. They make me cringe at the retardedness that's Hollywood sometimes.

Rancid_Guyxxx
12-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Jim Carrey is my favourite actor. I don't see how he could annoy someone. Unless you're into unfunny people like Dave Chapelle. Yes I Just said that Dave Chapelle was unfunny.

Endymion
12-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't like comedies where people act like motherfucking idiots. I don't like comedies in general. They make me cringe at the retardedness that's Hollywood sometimes.
you've only seen bad ones.

the_GoDdEsS
12-26-2005, 02:57 PM
you've only seen bad ones.

Most definitely.

DUKESTER76
12-26-2005, 02:58 PM
adam sandler is another one

Trippy
12-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Did anyone catch him at Conan? oh man it was funny. He's sovereign at what he's doing.

nieh
12-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah, he's pretty cool. I hate it though when he does serious movies such as Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. And his old stuff is better too.

Ace Ventura <3

Eternal Sunshine is one of the best movies to come out in a long time.

ninthlayer
12-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I hate it though when he does serious movies such as Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. And his old stuff is better too.
Eternal Sunshine is the best movie that Carrey has ever done. And his old stuff? Am I the only the person that's actually seen the Mask? That shit was more retarded than the movie Mask starring Cher.

coke_a_holic
12-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Eternal Sunshine is the best movie that Carrey has ever done. And his old stuff? Am I the only the person that's actually seen the Mask? That shit was more retarded than the movie Mask starring Cher.
The Mask was on tv recently, after remembering that I never got to see it as a child, I decided to watch it. About 15 minutes in, I decided that seeing that movie would have destroyed my life. I turned it off and never want to see it or any sort of movie related to it again.

Paint_It_Black
12-26-2005, 04:12 PM
His movies mostly suck. Well, to be fair they are probably good for those aged 8 and under. I think I disliked Cable Guy the least. His new one does look kinda interesting though.

Nirushika6789
12-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Liar Liar and Dumb and Dumber were really good IMO...

Yea I like him...I haven't seen anything about his new film yet though :(

XYlophonetreeZ
12-26-2005, 04:18 PM
The Mask was one of the worst abominations ever to disgrace movie screens. Dumb and Dumber was funny the very first time I saw it, but like almost anyone else, I've been forced to watch it many more times by friends and the jokes from that movie wear off very quickly. There were a few absolutely hilarious moments in Liar Liar, but on the whole the movie was unbelievably stupid. The Truman Show was the best movie I've seen starring him by far, though it was a little weird for me at first to get used to him in a serious role. I've been meaning to see Eternal Sunshine but haven't.

Drummerguy123
12-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Jim Carrey is hilarious when he's being a goofball, but he could not act a serious role to save his life. Don't get me wrong, though. I love his movies, especially Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura.

0r4ng3
12-26-2005, 07:00 PM
After reading this thread, I feel like an idiot because I like both Ace Ventura movies.

Drummerguy123
12-26-2005, 07:01 PM
After reading this thread, I feel like an idiot because I like both Ace Ventura movies.

They were very funny movies. I like them a lot.

Sowhat
12-26-2005, 07:02 PM
I think he's good, but sometimes the scripts can be lacking because they rely too heavily on him being funny rather than the plot being funny.

Or I'm on the moon. But I get moon cheese, so I win.

Drummerguy123
12-26-2005, 07:20 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm...........cheese.......... *drools*

T-6005
12-27-2005, 01:07 AM
I like Jim Carrey, to be quite honest. Most of the time, anyways.

Sometimes, I just can't stand him at all, though.

arak0r
12-27-2005, 01:15 AM
i cant stand him. the only thing he has going for him is that his face is fucked.

Sowhat
12-27-2005, 01:17 AM
anyways.
"Anyways"? What does the "s" at the end do?

the only thing he has going for him is that his face is fucked.
If your mother falls pregnant, advise her to lay off the crack this time.

Homer
12-27-2005, 01:19 AM
I like him. His movies aren't really the best, but he's funny when he's just acting as himself (non-scripted is another way to put it). The reason why people would find him annoying is because a lot of his old movies depended on him being the one who's funny, not the script (yes I'm aware that Sowhat said that earlier).

Oh and arok0r, you gotta look before you eat.

Punky Dudess
12-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Jim Carrey is a fucking legend for acting like a prat on films, but that's REALLY all he's good at: acting.
I prefer Peter Kay or Lee Evans for their sarcastic humour in stand ups.

T-6005
12-27-2005, 06:54 AM

If you must know, it makes perfect sense is what it does.

See anyway and then add an "s", pretty much. It's a habit I can't explain, but it's not incorrect, as far as I remember.

igniton/pyro
12-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Anyone else a fan of Jim Carrey? A new film just came out, fun with Dick and Jane, need to see that. He's just awesome, the best comedian for sure. Who wouldn't like the movies such as Dumb & Dumber, Ace Ventura's, Liar liar?
funnyest guy ever :D

killer_queen
12-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Believe me or not but I used to find him cute. But he is absolutely not funny.

T-6005
12-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Believe me or not but I used to find him cute. But he is absolutely not funny.
I can absolutely believe you. I'm personally attracted to nice guys - especially ones who just LOOK nice. It's just an endearing quality in them. I couldn't explain why.

Apathy
12-27-2005, 07:24 AM

not meant to be rude, but is english not your first language?

I like Jim Carrey. Liear,Liear and Dumb and Dumber were always funny. The Mask is good when you're like Five.

As for serious stuff, The Truman Show Kicked ass.

Hypodermic_89
12-27-2005, 08:18 AM
I think Jims best movie so far is The Cable Guy :)

sKratch
12-27-2005, 09:18 AM

Liear,Liear
el oh el are oh eff el?

In any case, Eternal Sunshine rocked my face and I actually haven't seen him in too many of his early stupid-funny movies. I remember liking Liar Liar and I thought Me, Myself, and I was decent too. Robin Williams is my boy though.

yay
12-27-2005, 02:28 PM
I agree totally, he is the best comedian for sure. I cant wait to see his new movie.

the_GoDdEsS
12-27-2005, 02:30 PM
I still don't think true comedy lies in how retarded you can act.

HeadAroundU
12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I love him.He is extremely talented.
Dumb and Dumber <3

He is funny with the whole body. He can play very serious roles and that's the reason why I respect him.

mrconeman
12-27-2005, 05:00 PM
I grew up on Jim Carey's earlier stuff, like The Mask and Ace Ventura, I've seen just about every one of his films except for Eternal Sunshine (Which I'll hopefully catch soon), I've liked them all really, except I've grown out of The Mask quite a bit.
Regardless to what people here seem to beleive hes alot funnier than just acting stupid with physical comedy, some of the lines in Liar Liar, Dumb & Dumber, Ace Ventura and The Cable guy are excelent.

original_prankster
12-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Same routine over and over again. It gets tiring. There are only a few of his movies that I like.

yay
12-27-2005, 11:08 PM
I still don't think true comedy lies in how retarded you can act.Well Adam Sandler is fucked then.

T-6005
12-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Well Adam Sandler is fucked then.
Not as much as Tom Green. That's truly retarded.

Drummerguy123
12-27-2005, 11:12 PM
That is true, unfortunately, retardedness is what sells in our world and that's what people do.

Sowhat
12-27-2005, 11:24 PM
If you must know, it makes perfect sense is what it does.
What?

See anyway and then add an "s", pretty much. It's a habit I can't explain, but it's not incorrect, as far as I remember.
What on Earth are you talking about? I know what "anyway" means, but what does "anyways" mean? Why the "s" on the end?

English is my first language, and "anyways" isn't an English word.

arak0r
12-27-2005, 11:34 PM
If your mother falls pregnant, advise her to lay off the crack this time.

shes 55, i doubt thats going to happen. i suppose youre a bitter cunt because someone doesnt like his comedy. god forbid someone doesnt like jim carrey :rolleyes:

the last thing he did worth a damn was fire marshall bill. even that was a bit of a stretch. he relies on idiotic comments and distorting his face. in fact, i hope he stops making the comedy movies, because theyre just not funny.

Sowhat
12-28-2005, 12:52 AM
shes 55, i doubt thats going to happen. i suppose youre a bitter cunt because someone doesnt like his comedy. god forbid someone doesnt like jim carrey :rolleyes:
I'm not keen on him either (he's alright). Did you not read the post?

arak0r
12-28-2005, 12:55 AM
you implied my mother was on crack when she had me. all i needed to read from you.

Sowhat
12-28-2005, 01:12 AM
No, your own post, dumbarse.

"the only thing he has going for him is that his face is fucked."

Stupid.

arak0r
12-28-2005, 01:18 AM
No, your own post, dumbarse.

"the only thing he has going for him is that his face is fucked."

Stupid.

no, i had no clue i had written that. yes im a dumbass for not realizing you meant, had i not read my OWN post.

jesus christ. "the post" is pretty vague. as it is, my original statement is how i view carrey, a talentless hack who made a living because he can make "funny faces," which as far as im concerned is a perfectly valid view, as he is well known for that.

Vera
12-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Neither is "angsty".

Girl, learn to pick your fights. Seriously.

Sowhat
12-28-2005, 01:28 AM
jesus christ. "the post" is pretty vague.
It doesn't matter, I had quoted the relevant bit in my post.

as it is, my original statement is how i view carrey, a talentless hack who made a living because he can make "funny faces," which as far as im concerned is a perfectly valid view, as he is well known for that.
You didn't say "because he can make funny faces", you said "the only thing he has going for him is that his face is fucked", which sounds moronic.

Vera: I'm not picking a fight, but I don't understand why someone would whack an "s" on the end of the word "anyway".

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Because anyways is a word and quite commonly used. End of story. Stop acting stupid and ignorant.

arak0r
12-28-2005, 01:45 AM
http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20001030

now shut the fuck up already. jesus

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 01:47 AM

HAHAHAHAHA. I missed this.

http://web.uvic.ca/wguide/Pages/UsAnyway.html
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/anyways.html

Colloquial expressions are still words, idiot. And part of the vocabulary of the English language.

arak0r
12-28-2005, 01:50 AM
i think the aussie just got served

T-6005
12-28-2005, 02:26 AM
The word is perfectly acceptable. I'm never wrong.

Trippy
12-28-2005, 03:00 AM
He is funny with the whole body.

That's true, name anyone else who can play with his body and face like Jim does. He's a prodigy right after Mozart.

Sowhat
12-28-2005, 03:49 AM
Colloquial expressions are still words, idiot. And part of the vocabulary of the English language.
No more so than "wAsSuP?", in which case "was" is a correct alternate spelling for the word "what".

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/anyways.html
Hah. Did you search for "anyways" without looking at page it came from? It was a page entitled, "Common Errors in English".

I read those sites, they seem to say that it's not correct, but more and more people seem to be saying it.

T-6005
12-28-2005, 03:54 AM
No more so than "wAsSuP?", in which case "was" is a correct alternate spelling for the word "what".

Hah. Did you search for "anyways" without looking at page it came from? It was a page entitled, "Common Errors in English".

I read those sites, they seem to say that it's not correct, but more and more people seem to be saying it.
Anyways is merely nonstandard. I don't think anyone denies that "wassup" is incorrect.

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 03:56 AM
"Wassup" was an example completely irrelevant to the case of "anyways". It's a phonetical phenomenon. Therefore, point not taken.

Nobody is arguing the fact that "anyways" is a correct word. Common error in this context merely means that it is a colloquial expression commonly used by certain speakers, considered incorrect in formal context. Which still does not mean that it's not a word. It is a word. It's part of the informal vocabulary of the English language. And you're still an idiot.

Sowhat
12-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Because...?

Nobody is arguing the fact that "anyways" is a correct word.
I certainly was, obviously you can make up words and they'd technically be words, but I'm not arguing that.

On a different note, that errors site is actually interesting if you read through it.

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm merely pointing out that to claim that "anyways" isn't an English word is completely and utterly retarded. A lot of things classify as words and belong to the English vocabulary, whether formal or informal.

Mentally_Challenged
12-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Jim Carrey: Occasionally funny, generally annoying.

Sowhat
12-28-2005, 04:12 AM
I'm merely pointing out that to claim that "anyways" isn't an English word is completely and utterly retarded. A lot of things classify as words and belong to the English vocabulary, whether formal or informal.
Ok.

Vera
12-28-2005, 06:00 AM
And the 'was' in "wassup" isn't an alternative way of spelling "what", it stands for "what's" as in "what is" as in "what is up?", a very common phrase in English. Colloquial, yes, but still English.

Anyways, that sure was angsty.

HeadAroundU
12-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey bitches stop this shit already. :D

Maybe some british colleagues could explain this problem.

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Maybe some british colleagues could explain this problem.

No, it just takes some common sense.

endlesst0m
12-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Jim Carey=Overactor

Trippy
12-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Jim Carey=Overactor

so what, it's on purpose, and it's good that way. It's part of Carrey's movies, i like it much.

Izie
12-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Anyways, that sure was angsty.

Hell yeah, and the next thing you know, NOT Jewish either.

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Bahahahaha, Iz.