PDA

View Full Version : Avril Lavigne

Human
12-27-2005, 05:53 PM
I love her music, I'm pretty sure most of you hate her and would like to kill her but I'm curious as to who doesn't hate her. My favorite song is "Fall to pieces" what's yours? What do you think of her?

Kitten
12-27-2005, 06:09 PM
I don't hate her and want to kill her.

dain84
12-27-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't hate her, she just gets annoying. Shes hot though!

HeadAroundU
12-27-2005, 06:36 PM
I like her.....wait...I love her.
good music!
:)
favourite songs:
Unwanted
Take Me Away
How Does It Feel
Forgotten
Iris [live cover]

adRi
12-27-2005, 07:04 PM
i don't like her music, except 3 songs, which i don't mind lol

Nirushika6789
12-27-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't like her, and she kind of annoys me with the whole 'over-the-top tomboy act'...

Human
12-27-2005, 07:10 PM
She doesn't fo the tomboy thing anymore, she's more gothy-yet girly now.

Nirushika6789
12-27-2005, 07:17 PM
She doesn't do the tomboy thing anymore, she's more gothy-yet girly now.
oh ok...well her whole personality annoys me anyway lol..I just don't like her

That_Guy91
12-27-2005, 07:26 PM
So you hate Green Day, but have no problem with Avril Lavigne?

original_prankster
12-27-2005, 07:50 PM
She's horrible. She calls herself this generation's Sid Vicious.

And she's right about that.

yay
12-27-2005, 07:53 PM
I love her music, I'm pretty sure most of you hate her and would like to kill her but I'm curious as to who doesn't hate her. My favorite song is "Fall to pieces" what's yours? What do you think of her?My favourite song of hers is also Fall to pieces. I love her and saw her live a few years ago, she was great. She covered Green day's basket case at the gig and I just remember having shivers, that she was promoting such good music.

I also love I'm with you and pretty much every song she has ever made, aside from that song she wrote to her Grandpa/Grandma or whatever on the last album. It was a bit to slow.

yay
12-27-2005, 07:55 PM
She's horrible. She calls herself this generation's Sid Vicious.

And she's right about that.All these rumours are full of shit. She said in an interview I read she'd never even heard of the Sex Pistols, and when asked if she was punk she said no, punk is to agressive, I write pop/rock songs, and that is EXACTLY what she does.

Human
12-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Yeah, that song was kind of boring and repetitive. Her music is like...you can't put it into a category and she can be fucking anything she wants. She can be girly, punk, tomboy, goth, etc.

Jakebert
12-27-2005, 07:59 PM
This thread makes me sad.

original_prankster
12-27-2005, 07:59 PM
All these rumours are full of shit. She said in an interview I read she'd never even heard of the Sex Pistols, and when asked if she was punk she said no, punk is to agressive, I write pop/rock songs, and that is EXACTLY what she does.
She said so on TV. I SAW IT. But, whatever. She might have been joking.

Human
12-27-2005, 08:01 PM
This thread makes me sad.
And why would that be? Oh, is it because we aren't totally punx0rz and listen to artists outside of rock, punk, or heavy metal?

original_prankster
12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
And why would that be? Oh, is it because we aren't totally punx0rz and listen to artists outside of rock, punk, or heavy metal?
No. I think he's shocked that people actually like Avri.

Human
12-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Well, he shouldn't, because wow, jeez, like I said before, some people have different musical tastes. Zomg, surprising isn't it?

Jakebert
12-27-2005, 08:04 PM

You're an idiot. I listen to tons of music that isn't punk or metal. Avril is just horrible, bland, generic crap. I have no problem with pop music, but I do have a problem with music that sucks.

original_prankster
12-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, he shouldn't, because wow, jeez, like I said before, some people have different musical tastes. Zomg, surprising isn't it?
I DO agree with you here. I hate Avril, but I don't hate her fans seeing as some of my friends like her..

Human
12-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Yes, I think the same of many artists, but just because somebody's taste is not exactly alike wth yours, does not mean that they are "sad" or are idiots.

Human
12-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I DO agree with you here. I hate Avril, but I don't hate her fans seeing as some of my friends like her..
Why thankyou. You see, this young gentleman who I am having a delightful amusing sonversation with decided to grace me with the name "idiot" because of course, I like music that little ole sonny here doesn't...wow, I sound like grandma.

Jakebert
12-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Yes, I think the same of many artists, but just because somebody's taste is not exactly alike wth yours, does not mean that they are "sad" or are idiots.

But, if I don't like something and still respect it, I say so. Avril, on the other hand, really isn't that respectable. I've heard live cuts, and her voice is horrible outside of the studio. Lyrically, the songs seem like they could have been written by any 12 year old girl out there, and her music isn't really composed by her for the most part. The "sad" thing wasn't that you said you liked her, as much as you said she was talented.

Human
12-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Whatever, my argument still stands.

That_Guy91
12-27-2005, 08:17 PM
It really dosen't.

Jakebert
12-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I don't mean this in a sarcastic manner, even though I'm sure it'll come off like it.

What exactly do you find talented about her?

Human
12-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Her music and singing, obviously.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-27-2005, 08:22 PM
My fave song by her is 'Fall to pieces' for person reasons.

Human
12-27-2005, 08:23 PM
My fave song by her is 'Fall to pieces' for person reasons.
I can actually kind of relate to that song.

That_Guy91
12-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Is that one of those songs that eveyone thinks they relate to, like "I'm Not Okay"?

Human
12-27-2005, 08:30 PM
I can't relate to "I'm not okay"
And fall to peices is a love song so it probably is one of those songs.

yay
12-28-2005, 12:14 AM
You're an idiot. I listen to tons of music that isn't punk or metal. Avril is just horrible, bland, generic crap. I have no problem with pop music, but I do have a problem with music that sucks.You cant say music sucks in general cause everyone has different tastes. I fucking cant stand SOAD and Metallica but I have mates who like them. Some of my friends think Offspring are awful and Green day are to. I don't agree.

Personally I find Mariah Carey to be the worst singer on the planet, I see NOTHING going for her, yet my brother loves her. Pussycat dolls also suck yet they were No.1 in Australia. You cant tell people what and what not to like, because people's tastes are ALL different.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Avril Lavigne makes the absolute worst music in the world. Seriously, if you ever want an example of the worst songs ever, pop in some Avril, followed by some Michelle Branch, followed by Ashlee Simpson, Oasis, Fall Out Boy, and Bowling For Soup, and you have a craptastic piece of shit experience. Throw in some Green Day too.

Yeah, she is hot though. But needs to die twice.

Drummerguy123
12-28-2005, 12:28 AM
She tries too hard to be punk and fails miserably. And Velvet Revolver's Fall to Pieces is way better.

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 03:22 AM
I find her voice awfully annoying. And I certainly don't like the music. But I don't hate her or want her to die. That's pathetic. She's just insignificant to me.

Punky Dudess
12-28-2005, 03:52 AM
She has the laziest kind of vocals i've heard...EVER. there's no emotion in her music and i find them so impossibly boring and also, the topics she "sings" about are depressing too.

Trippy
12-28-2005, 03:54 AM
Who ever wrote sk8er_boi should be ashamed every time she wakes up in the bed.

Mentally_Challenged
12-28-2005, 04:14 AM
So you hate Green Day, but have no problem with Avril Lavigne?

And there's a problem with that?

I'm personally not keen on her, but just because her music doesn't appeal to me. ..
That's about it really.

Sowhat
12-28-2005, 05:28 AM
I love her music, pretty much all of her first album. The second is good too, but not as good as the first. However once you hear her live recordings or performances, you realise how bad a singer she is. But it doesn't matter; she's successful and a lot of people enjoy her music, myself included, so good on her. Who cares about talent, when the end product sounds good?

T-6005
12-28-2005, 05:31 AM
I love her music, pretty much all of her first album. The second is good too, but not as good as the first. However once you hear her live recordings or performances, you realise how bad a singer she is. But it doesn't matter; she's successful and a lot of people enjoy her music, myself included, so good on her. Who cares about talent, when the end product sounds good?
I doubt anyone's asking her to be a virtuoso, but I think her listeners have a right to expect someone live that sounds moderately like the person on the album. At the very least.

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 06:57 AM
I doubt anyone's asking her to be a virtuoso, but I think her listeners have a right to expect someone live that sounds moderately like the person on the album. At the very least.

Completely seconded.

All About Eve
12-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Bowling For Soup

I just want to point out that however bad they are, they are hilarious. Oh, and you forgot Dave Matthews.

JoY
12-28-2005, 03:17 PM
uh HUH.

but you know what? I like some of her songs. because they remind me of being a puber-like, rebel, fucking annoying daughter of a bitch. yesh. Avril is awesome in puberty & to everyone that can relate to her (almost about everyone) & who feels misunderstood (oooh!). I'll tell you what; she was fuckingly smart to find a gap in the market as much as she did. she didn't invent anything & she doesn't stand for anything. at the same time she's appreciated & produces music that sound good in the ear of the public. so yeah, props to her.

nameless
12-28-2005, 04:13 PM
i really cant stand her, when she first came out she was claiming she wasnt some pop star and wrote all her own songs, i dont see how anyone could disagree about that with a song like skater boy!

everything she did seemed like a publicity stunt that would be in the papers and on the internet the next day! she seems to try and imitate loads of people - billie joe for example - and plays terrible covers!

yay
12-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Avril Lavigne makes the absolute worst music in the world. Seriously, if you ever want an example of the worst songs ever, pop in some Avril, followed by some Michelle Branch, followed by Ashlee Simpson, Oasis, Fall Out Boy, and Bowling For Soup, and you have a craptastic piece of shit experience. Throw in some Green Day too.

Yeah, she is hot though. But needs to die twice.But see all as that proves is you hate pop-punk. How can people call Green day awful when every album they make has a different sound? There must be at least one song you can stand. I think people get shitty about them because of their huge popularity.

All About Eve
12-28-2005, 06:43 PM
But see all as that proves is you hate pop-punk. How can people call Green day awful when every album they make has a different sound? There must be at least one song you can stand. I think people get shitty about them because of their huge popularity.

Yes, since Oasis, Michelle Branch, and Ashlee Simpson are all very pop-punk. Mhm.

yay
12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Yes, since Oasis, Michelle Branch, and Ashlee Simpson are all very pop-punk. Mhm.Michelle Branch and Ashlee Simpson are Avril soundalikes. Whether or not you like to think so, some people classify these artists as poppy punk. I personally don't agree, but this is the tag they were given by some people. Anyway thats not the point call it pop if you want to, it still just proves he doesn't like that genre of music, because 3 out of 4 of the artists he meantioned sound VERY similiar.

Oasis is the only odd one out, and he is entitled to not like them, thats his opinion.

Human
12-28-2005, 07:03 PM
It's not his differing opinion that gets us angry, it's getting angry and rude with us for having differing opinions.

All About Eve
12-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Michelle Branch and Ashlee Simpson are Avril soundalikes. Whether or not you like to think so, some people classify these artists as poppy punk. I personally don't agree, but this is the tag they were given by some people. Anyway thats not the point call it pop if you want to, it still just proves he doesn't like that genre of music, because 3 out of 4 of thse artists sound VERY similiar.

Oasis is the only odd one out, and he is entitled to not like them, thats his opinion.

They are called pop-punk by no one; you fail. They are NOT sound alikes either, each has a very distinctive voice (I actually kind of like Michelle's), and different styles of music. Yes, even Michelle and Ashlee's styles are different if you know enough to tell them apart.

yay
12-28-2005, 08:19 PM
They are called pop-punk by no one; you fail. They are NOT sound alikes either, each has a very distinctive voice (I actually kind of like Michelle's), and different styles of music. Yes, even Michelle and Ashlee's styles are different if you know enough to tell them apart.I don't understand how you can not see similiarities between Michelle Branch, Avril and Ashlee. Voice doesn't mean anything, listen to the style of music in the background, some of the songs sound so similiar you'd think they were by the same artist.

yay
12-28-2005, 08:22 PM
uh HUH.

but you know what? I like some of her songs. because they remind me of being a puber-like, rebel, fucking annoying daughter of a bitch. yesh. Avril is awesome in puberty & to everyone that can relate to her (almost about everyone) & who feels misunderstood (oooh!). I'll tell you what; she was fuckingly smart to find a gap in the market as much as she did. she didn't invent anything & she doesn't stand for anything. at the same time she's appreciated & produces music that sound good in the ear of the public. so yeah, props to her.To be fair, she was promoting an anti Britney stance for a while, I think that was a big reason for her success.

yay
12-28-2005, 08:54 PM
I think she is hot.Excellent first post!

Offspring-Fanatic
12-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Avril Lavigne. God, I can't stand even reading it let alone TYPING it. I hate her til the death of me. I made a collage once a couple of years ago where I took her picture, drew on it, then wrote in magazine letters "Avril Lavigne is a Toilet" (guys, i was 12 or 11, i was young)

All About Eve
12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't understand how you can not see similiarities between Michelle Branch, Avril and Ashlee. Voice doesn't mean anything, listen to the style of music in the background, some of the songs sound so similiar you'd think they were by the same artist.

No. You're wrong;even if they all had the same voice and you played a song by each, I could EASILY pick out which is which. Sure, certain songs can have the same gist to them, but then what is punk rock if that's bad?

yay
12-29-2005, 04:30 PM
No. You're wrong;even if they all had the same voice and you played a song by each, I could EASILY pick out which is which. Sure, certain songs can have the same gist to them, but then what is punk rock if that's bad?People say punk music all sounds the same because its the same 3 chords over and over, but as if Offspring and Green day sound identical. They seem to find ways to alter their sounds so they remain interesting.

JohnnyNemesis
12-29-2005, 04:41 PM
But see all as that proves is you hate pop-punk. How can people call Green day awful when every album they make has a different sound? There must be at least one song you can stand. I think people get shitty about them because of their huge popularity.

If I hated pop-punk, I wouldn't be such a humongous fan of bands like The Offspring and Pennywise.

Or Pulley, AFI, Jughead's Revenge, Guttermouth, Deviates, 1208, 59 Times The Pain, Ten Foot Pole, or 88 Fingers Louie.

All I did was name the worst artists imaginable. The fact that it's an opinion goes without saying since this is MUSIC we're talking about here.

And there's actually quite a few Green Day songs (I can count about 7) that are quite good (Warning, The Grouch), and some are phenomenal (Brain Stew, Hitchin' A Ride, When I Come Around). That doesn't make up for the over 100 other songs of theirs that are the most annoying shit ever with the worst vocals I can think of. Their popularity has nothing to do with that. I hated them when they were popular with Dookie and Insomniac, STILL hated them when Warning came out and was a huge failure, and still hate them now that they have one of the most successful albums in recent memory with American Idiot.

Even the worst artists imaginable have at least one decent song.

Except Avril, that is...

yay
12-29-2005, 05:02 PM
If I hated pop-punk, I wouldn't be such a humongous fan of bands like The Offspring and Pennywise.

Or Pulley, AFI, Jughead's Revenge, Guttermouth, Deviates, 1208, 59 Times The Pain, Ten Foot Pole, or 88 Fingers Louie.

All I did was name the worst artists imaginable. The fact that it's an opinion goes without saying since this is MUSIC we're talking about here.

And there's actually quite a few Green Day songs (I can count about 7) that are quite good (Warning, The Grouch), and some are phenomenal (Brain Stew, Hitchin' A Ride, When I Come Around). That doesn't make up for the over 100 other songs of theirs that are the most annoying shit ever with the worst vocals I can think of. Their popularity has nothing to do with that. I hated them when they were popular with Dookie and Insomniac, STILL hated them when Warning came out and was a huge failure, and still hate them now that they have one of the most successful albums in recent memory with American Idiot.

Except Avril, that is...Thats what I have been saying all along. A bit off topic on this subject but it is true. Green day are way to diverse to hate every song of theirs. The ones you have listed besides the Grouch were all hits, so I don't know how far you've actually gone into their stuff, but I suggest you check out "Westbound Sign" of Insomniac if you haven't already, because that song is awesome.

offspring fan
12-29-2005, 05:39 PM
I love her music, I'm pretty sure most of you hate her and would like to kill her but I'm curious as to who doesn't hate her. My favorite song is "Fall to pieces" what's yours? What do you think of her?
i HATE her music! but i love avril lavigne :D i am gonna marry her

mrconeman
12-29-2005, 06:01 PM
It just shows what the music industry has become when people pose as punk to sell records, and when people like her top the charts, and that no one has yet tried to assasinate her for her terrible cover of Bob Dylans classic, Knockin on Heavens Door.

Human
12-29-2005, 06:02 PM
I've never heard that song before.

Nirushika6789
12-29-2005, 06:06 PM
I've never heard that song before.
Your incredibly lucky to not have heard it

yay
12-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Your incredibly lucky to not have heard it
She performed it live at the concert I saw her at.

Human
12-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Is it on a cd or something? If so whcih of her cds is it?

Nirushika6789
12-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure, she did it for charity , thats all I know!

At least she used her 'status' for something useful :)

Human
12-29-2005, 06:12 PM
She performed it live at the concert I saw her at.
Yay, are you a member of her fan forums?

yay
12-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Yay, are you a member of her fan forums?No, her forums are actually quite dull. And that song features on her Live DVD "My World" which also has the Video for the song as well.

Human
12-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Alright, I;m buying that when I go to best buy

yay
12-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Alright, I;m buying that when I go to best buyYeah, if you're a fan of her, it's an excellent DVD. I'd also recommend Green day fans to buy Bullet in a bible. I bought it and besides the missing songs, it is a very good DVD.

HeadAroundU
12-29-2005, 08:06 PM

Except Avril, that is...
mmmmmmmmm I don't agree with you.
......she has at least 7 decent songs!
She has profesional artists on her records. Like Josh Freese.......etc
You have to admit that she is talented and she has nice, colorful voice.

Just say "I don't like her". That's it.
I'm sure she is not the worst artist anywhere.

Hey people!
"Iris" is beautiful live cover song by Avril Lavigne.

Amppa
06-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Here seems to be alot Avril haters in here.
Well, I like her music a lot.I think her voice is great

Fans, do you go on Avrilbandaids.com?

Thomas
06-30-2006, 10:35 AM
I just want to say that this thread is full of Rick's ownage here.

no_way
06-30-2006, 11:08 AM
I like Avril Lavigne's music, their melodys and hooks are catchy and some of their ballads are great, but I think she's a terrible terrible artist. She's too comercial and she worries a lot about her image, that, let's face it, that's what made her become famous. Her live/acoustic performances suck, and she doesn't know how to play the guitar, she must know about 3 chords.

Still I like her music and the songs I like best are

- Losing Grip
- Mobile
- Unwanted
- Tomorrow
- Too much to ask
- Naked
- Take me away
- My Happy Ending
- Nobody's Home
- Forgotten
- Fall to Pieces
- Slipped away
- Why

(A few)

Jakebert
06-30-2006, 11:12 AM
This thread made me really happy, because as I read it, I realized yay doesn't post here anymore.

no_way
06-30-2006, 11:20 AM
This thread made me really happy, because as I read it, I realized yay doesn't post here anymore.

..... yay!!!!

(Yep, I'm still here, for your own bad...)

Jakebert
06-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Stop pretending that people give a fuck about your existance.

no_way
06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Stop pretending that people give a fuck about your existance.

Don't worry, it's mutual. I don't give a fuck about anyone else here too, and that gives me the freedom to say whatever the fuck I want. So just shut up.

opivy21
06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Avril Lavigne is a talentless cash cow.

FrancoDaHui
06-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Avril Lavigne is a talentless cash cow.

but she's hot....

anyway, the only song i like is unwanted

skiddles824
06-30-2006, 06:35 PM
avrils just retarted and im gonna say nothing more

opivy21
06-30-2006, 08:28 PM
but she's hot....

anyway, the only song i like is unwanted
Someone can be "hot" and talented.

avrils just retarted and im gonna say nothing more
It's ironic that you spelled "retarded" wrong, isn't it?

0r4ng3
06-30-2006, 10:25 PM
It's ironic that you spelled "retarded" wrong, isn't it?
How so? From my point ov vieew, his grammer is unfallable.

opivy21
06-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Haha.

;aklfs

Marco
07-02-2006, 02:07 AM
I don't hate her. And I want to make a correction: she IS hot with make-up. She's NOT hot without it.
But I'd still like to....... :eek:

Retard
07-03-2006, 08:55 AM
i think she's pretty hot, and the dude from sum 41 is a lucky bastard for marrying her.

everytime i hear Complicated at work, i sing along. :D

no_way
07-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Someone can be "hot" and talented.

That makes no sense at all. And yes, someone can be, but she's just not.

Pretty
07-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Oooh, oooh, ooooh!!

I thought I'd be the only Avril-fan here :D I used to LOVE her, but now its just ... yeah, she's cool. Got both her albums :) Although, I sorta went off her a bit when she told everone at a concert 'get your own style, stop stealing mine' or something. That was kinda mean. But I wasn't there so ... the media could've senastionalised it. Hehe. Not even sure what that exactly means.

Love:

Take Me Away
Losing Grip
Sk8er Boi
Complicated
My Happy Ending
Don't Tell Me

Jakebert
07-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Coz I'm a BRAT
And I know EVERYTHING
And I TALK BACK
Coz I'm not listening to ANYTHING you SAY

I'd never expect you to like Avril...

opivy21
07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
That makes no sense at all. And yes, someone can be, but she's just not.
How does it not make sense? Some people here said that they like Avril because she is "hot", not because she is talented. I was saying that there are artists who are "hot" and actually have some talent, too.

And if you want to like somebody based on looks alone, you can do a lot better than Avril Lavigne.

Pretty
07-05-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd never expect you to like Avril...

lol, that's part of a song I like ... but yeah, I do :D