PDA

View Full Version : your future thread

kami_mathieu
12-28-2005, 12:53 PM
how do you picture yourself in the future.

-what kind of job wil you have? (how mutch money wil you make)
-wil you get married? (where, how, whith who)
-wil you have kids? (how manny what will you name them)
-where wil you live? (country, city)
-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future? (like bungeejumping, basejumping or something like that)
-what kind of car wil you be driving? (or motorcycle)
-will you be happy whith a future like this?

igniton/pyro
12-28-2005, 12:57 PM
-what kind of job wil you have? PIMP
-wil you get married? no, im a pimp
-wil you have kids? shure, but i dont know who thay are.
-where wil you live? L.A.
-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future? get ritch!
-what kind of car wil you be driving? one of those pimp cars snoop dog got
-will you be happy whith a future like this? hell yeh

Anya82
12-28-2005, 01:00 PM
I always have trouble with future... I just can't picture myself in the future... is that bad? :confused:

darko
12-28-2005, 01:07 PM
I always have trouble with future... I just can't picture myself in the future... is that bad? :confused:

no not really. i used to be like that but i can now...sorta

-what kind of job wil you have? I'll def be outta the one i have right now, but still cant work out what
-wil you get married? yeah probably
-wil you have kids? one....think labour will put me off
-where wil you live? if not Glasgow then Aberdeen {other half will be working offshore}
-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future? erm i'll have achived that by getting off his sodding island
-what kind of car wil you be driving? DB9.....na probably an KA or Corsa
-will you be happy whith a future like this? Bloody hope so!

kami_mathieu
12-28-2005, 01:08 PM
this is mine by the way:

my job: I think I'm gonna work for the AIVD, whitch is the dutch CIA. I dont know why, I just did'nt know what to do later for a long time, and this seams like fun.

will I get maried: yeah, but not until I'm 30 or so, first I want to enjoy life as a single guy for a while.

will I have kids: maybe, Im not shure about that one yet.

where will I live: I think I'll move to australia when I'm done with my study.

is there something I want to do in the future: learn to surf,
parachute-jumping, travel to a lot of countries, have a 3some (2 girls that is)
get realy good at playing guitar, go deep sea diving.

what kind of car: a motorcycle, dont know the type, but I'll be driving a sportsmotorcycle.

will I be happy: yeah.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
12-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Future artist. Fuckyes! I found a badge four years ago on a street in Amsterdam that said that.

killer_queen
12-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Well, it's weird to guess. Anyway I probably will be a computer engineer and I hope I'll earn enough money to support myself (and buy my shoes from Gucci). And no, I don't I can ever get married, I don't think a typical Turkish man would want me. If I get married by chance I definitely don't want kids. I really can't stand children's noise, I wouldn't be a good mother. I'm gonna live in my country, not thinking about abroad but I must live in İstanbul. Also, before getting too old, I want to be an important part of a band which makes classical music or gypsy music (like Bella's). Driving? I hate the idea of driving a car but I guess I will have to.
Finally no. I won't be happy. Living happily is not the best thing I do.

Oh, I almost forgot, my best future plan is being a really hot and witty woman that everbody will envy me. I want to have the best men, the best jobs, the best everything. And I want a lot of time to read. I miss reading.

Nirushika6789
12-28-2005, 02:22 PM
-what kind of job wil you have?
I will either be a vet or something in computers

-wil you get married?
Yes...when I'm about 20-something,and I don't know where

-wil you have kids?
I don't know...I'm not sure about this yet, so far I'm not too thrilled about the idea

-where wil you live?
To be a vet I need to study in either Scotland or Dublin so probably still Ireland but it could be Scotland/England

-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future?
Erm...I don't know. I suppose I would like to go mountain climbing, bungee jumping or something really exciting

-what kind of car wil you be driving?
I'm only 14 so I don't really know yet but I really love Honda Accord's so maybe one of those lol...But when I first start out at university I will have some wee crappy thing to get me from A to B then once I start a business etc I'll get the better car ;)

Damn right...as long as something too drastic doesn't go wrong then yea.

JoY
12-28-2005, 02:33 PM

-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future? (like bungeejumping, basejumping or something like that)
I will be a bitter psychiatrist. a job no one else wanted, but I idealised from the start. I've always wanted to become a psychiatrist, but as I'm a wreck myself, things will probably turn out bitter.

I'll be married to my one & only true love. Huibert. a prude, a believer, a saint, a CATHOLIC. everything I am not.

I WILL have kids. three of them, because that's the way Huibert wants it. I'd like to have two boys & one girl. two boys to look after that little heartbreaker. it's just necessary. & boys are easier to raise & handle, so I'd like to have more of those, than of girls.

we will either live in Switzerland, Africa, or just the Netherlands. most likely the Netherlands, though I'd fucking LOVE to live in Africa. Switzerland is easy access for me, but there are so many other countries I love... I'm afraid I'll stay faithful to this little shithole till I die.

something I want to do in the future? hmm. I think having a -fucking- baby is enough of an adventure. nothing that includes fear, pain, or excitement. I've definitely had enoug of those. & I know that makes me sound old at the age of 21, but I really don't care. I act young, I really actually feel OLD.

I won't be driving a Volvo(drivingsockermom). most likely I'll be driving an Audi, cabriolette. the old one. fuck, I love that one. dark blue, it's freaking gorgeous. either that, or a light blue cabriolette Chrystler le Baron.

YES. I would be happy with a future like this. why? because I've been a cutter, a druggy, a little depressed one, a loner, an 'alternative', an alcoholic & looking at my own planned future... it doesn't look so bad in comparison.

btw; I'm drunk.

Camilamazed
12-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I just DO NOT give a fuck about my future. I spent a long time worrying about it and did not enjoy my time. I am worried now about my present. That is why I do what I fell like doing. The only thing I am sure about my future is that I will die someday. So, I gotta enjoy my present better ^^

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 04:13 PM
I'll be an ambassador. And live here or maybe somewhere in Europe or maybe somewhere else. I'll marry one man I'll drag to the altar on a leash and he will love it secretly. Then we'll have two children and name them Slavryan #1 and Slavryan #2. We'll get drunk together and read literature to each other. That's why we'd better not drive anything.

Camilamazed
12-28-2005, 04:17 PM
I'll be an ambassador. And live here or maybe somewhere in Europe or maybe somewhere else. I'll marry one man I'll drag to the altar on a leash and he will love it secretly. Then we'll have two children and name them Slavryan #1 and Slavryan #2. We'll get drunk together and read literature to each other. That's why we'd better not drive anything.

Poor Kids , Sim =D

lol

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Nah, how in the world am I supposed to know what I'll name my children? Those might be their nicknames.

Camilamazed
12-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Nah, how in the world am I supposed to know what I'll name my children? Those might be their nicknames.

I thought so.. But those names actually would fit your children with Justin .

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Hahaha, hell no.

China Boy
12-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Probably none, hence, no money.
I will hopefully get married, but with whom remains unknown.
I will have one child. Its name will be whatever my wife thinks. (haha, good one, China Boy)
I will live in the ghetto in Jekaterinburg, Russia.
Well, I would really like to go to Russia. But that won't be needed since I will live there. AHHH MOTHERLAND.
Dude, I won't be able to afford a car. I fight for my survival here.
Probably not

btw: I'm not drunk, I'm just a really sad guy.

Sunny
12-28-2005, 04:34 PM

- art director at an advertising agency. or maybe i will have my own. realistically speaking, i'll prolly be making from $60k to $120k.
- already done. woo. to a boy who's big, scary, irish and redheaded. and oh so ungodly cute.
- prolly not. but maybe we'll adopt one. who knows.
- we want to have places to stay all over the world. nyc, krakow, austin and morocco, which i've never seen, but he loves.
- eh, just random little things like cavern diving.. waterskiing.. driving a snowmobile.. stuff. *shrugs*
- car.. um. this summer i'm prolly gonna drive an isuzu trooper (zomg :/) in the more distant future.. hopefully a bwm 325Ci. or a mercedes clk 350 if i make enough $.
- of course. yes.

Trippy
12-28-2005, 04:38 PM
-to a boy who's big, scary, irish and redheaded.

jesus christ, can it get any worse?

just a joke. who am i to judge, if you likie you likie. =)

Nirushika6789
12-28-2005, 04:39 PM
who's big, scary, irish and redheaded..
he obviously rocks then :p

Sunny
12-28-2005, 04:39 PM
jesus christ, can it get any worse?

just a joke. who am i to judge, if you likie you likie. =)

it could.

he's from texas.

and i llllllove it. ha. ;p

coke_a_holic
12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
I guess 15 is a little young to be thinking about this, but it probably couldn't hurt.

-what kind of job wil you have? A really bad one that I don't like. I'll make a little more than minimum wage simply because I'm white.
-wil you get married? No idea. I hopefully will.
-wil you have kids? Lots of them. They won't have names.
-where wil you live? Same city, same house with my parents.
-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future? As of now: I want to be rockstarrrr. In the future: I'll probably want to kill myself under a bridge to avoid debt.
-what kind of car wil you be driving? A bicycle my parents bought me when I was 13.
-will you be happy whith a future like this? Yes, extremely.

Human
12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
I'll be a lawyer and actress
Of course. On the beach
Yes, 2: 1 girl 1 boy I'd like to name them Tessa and Jack
Manhattan
Go to Japan and ride the fastest rollercoaster in the world and many more
A porsche, ferrari, or a bentley or rolsce royce(did I spell that right?) if i can afford it, I will also have a family van and a yellow Hummer h2
Yes, I will be happy

Nirushika6789
12-28-2005, 04:59 PM
^WOO..your planning on living large :eek: :cool:

Human
12-28-2005, 05:01 PM
haha, yeah, but I believe that I can do it.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Job: Writer. I dunno what for, but I'll be writing. I hope to start my own publication someday...

Marriage: Yes, maybe even sooner than we think. But no bullshit. If for whatever reason we're not in love anymore, then it's all over. None of that staying together because we buy into that bullshit about the sancity of marriage, which is just an obvious social creation that could have gone either way.

Kids: Yes. I'll name my first born after me, and my second one after my favorite rapper at whatever that moment is. If I had my second kid now, his or her first name would probably be Ghostface Killah.

Location: Anywhere but here. I love it here, but I want something new, something fresh.

Is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future?: Threesome. Word.

Car: You couldn't possibly understand how little I care.

Will you be happy whith a future like this?: Why the fuck would I set goals that I wouldn't be happy with?!

Rag Doll
12-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Lawyer or law professor. But probably a lawyer. The salary can vary. At first, maybe like $40,000, because I'd like to work as a prosecutor. If I can get into a good enough law school that I can get picked up by a big firm, I could be making around $100,000 starting salary.

I'd like to. Dunno where, when, or how. But none of that matters. All that matters is the "who". Which I also don't know. It's hard for me to find someone I can even tolerate for a weekend, let alone years upon years.

I'd like to. No more than 2. And I like the names Hunter & Aidan for a boy, and Lola for a girl.

Either in the area I live in now (Northern NJ), NYC, or a suburb of NYC in New York.

Never really thought about it. I'm not really that adventurous, and I'd probably die or seriously injure myself if I tried anything like that.

Depends on the cash flow ;p. I'd like a BMW (something from the z-series). If that's too expensive, maybe a convertible mustang.

I wouldn't be working so hard to have it if I wouldn't be happy with it.

Nirushika6789
12-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Why the fuck would I set goals that I wouldn't be happy with?!
Good point...I never thought of that ;)

offspring fan
12-28-2005, 06:05 PM
-what kind of job wil you have? bigest rock star in the world.
-wil you get married? ill get married to avril lavigne :p
-wil you have kids? 5, tre boys and two girls (twins)
-where wil you live? next to ozzy
-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future? play the bigest rock concert ever!
-what kind of car wil you be driving? ferari, lambogini, jeep and a ford siera for my wife
-will you be happy whith a future like this? i think so...

kami_mathieu
12-29-2005, 01:39 AM
Will you be happy whith a future like this?: Why the fuck would I set goals that I wouldn't be happy with?!

becouse instead of setting high goals, you could be a realist and think: I have a shitty life now and I dont think its gonna be better in the future. and in this case you would not have to be happy with the life you are living in the future, hence the question.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-29-2005, 01:58 AM
-what kind of job wil you have? (how mutch money wil you make) More then you with spelling like that, and I will be earning around 25,000 to start with, and I'm going for a job in the police force.
it's far to early to tell, but possibly yes.
Pffffft like the guy ever gets to pick.
Bristol hopefully.
-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future?
(like bungeejumping, basejumping or something like that)
Help you with your spelling and I have done most of the things I could ever want to do.
A pimped out corsa or something like it.
Why the fuck would I plan somethink I would hate?

kami_mathieu
12-29-2005, 02:05 AM
read one post back monkey boy.

JohnnyNemesis
12-29-2005, 02:10 AM
becouse instead of setting high goals, you could be a realist and think: I have a shitty life now and I dont think its gonna be better in the future. and in this case you would not have to be happy with the life you are living in the future, hence the question.

That's called being a loser, not being a realist. Even in my worst moments when I went through the deepest depression and thought that life might not get better, I knew that I'd try to MAKE it better. Why bother living otherwise?

kami_mathieu
12-29-2005, 02:14 AM
ok, true. than this question doesn't apply to you, but reading back trough the other answers I can see that there are enough people who answered "no, I wont be happy" to call "will you be happy with a future like this" a valid question.

JoY
12-29-2005, 01:36 PM
ok, true. than this question doesn't apply to you, but reading back trough the other answers I can see that there are enough people who answered "no, I wont be happy" to call "will you be happy with a future like this" a valid question.
people who don't know what it's like to be happy & who have never been happy can't easily plan out a uberpositive future. it's just logical. for some people life is just real goddam hard.

Betty
12-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Job: Chemist. Not sure if I'll work in academia or industry, but would like to climb the ladder quickly either way. Realistically, I could be making as little as $60K (which IS little for 10 + years of schooling) but would ideally like to be earning $200K and upwards.

Married: For sure. Can't wait to find the love of my life. I really don't want to marry a scientist, but I might have to. We'll see how it goes.

Kids: Very likely. I want some. 2 or 3 maybe. But it's hard to predict how things will turn out.

Live: Likely in Canada or the US, but I'm flexible. If I had a great opportunity elsewhere I'd take it, and if my partner had dreams of living elsewhere and it worked out well for us both, we could do that. There's always the possibility of living in exotic places for a few years before settling down with the kids. I wouldn't want to drag my children around the world if it isn't necessary though, that sucks a lot for them.

Car: Like Rick, this is the absolute least of my concerns. Hopefully it is pretty?

Happiness: If I am in love with an amazing man and am happy and successful in my career, not too much else could go wrong.

Human
12-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Erm, just curious, is there anybody who earns over 1k a year?

The Talking Pie
12-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Realistically?

What kind of job will you have? (How much money will you make?) Working in a shop listening to bastard customers complain about products they're too fucking stupid to operate and thus think are broken. I'll make just enough to stay out of poverty and keep myself in ink and paper for my hobby-career of writing, which will pay well-enough to keep me in chocolate throughout the year.

Will you get married? (Where, how, with who?) Yes. Here, normally, Cindy, hopefully.

Will you have kids? (How many, what will you name them?) Yes. Probably only one, but who knows? Mistakes happen. Anyone who thinks they were actually planned is fooling themselves. They'll have a name beginning with an X, because as my good friend Chris put it "haha dude, you're Cindy's bitch".

Where will you live? (Country, city) Here. Would love to live in Finland, but that's not going to happen.

Is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future? (Like bungeejumping, basejumping or something like that...) I want to learn how to ride a horse. Oh, and travel through time.

What kind of car will you be driving? (Or motorcycle) Motorcycle. It'll probably be something shitty, but I'll save for ages so that I can afford a second-rate paint-job to spice it up a bit.

Will you be happy with a future like this? Sure. Of course it could be better, but we can't all win the lottery. I hate how money dictates ease-of-life and happiness in this world.

Human
12-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Talking pie, you should have a better view on life. If you doubt yourself and don't even try to accomplish what you want, there is no chance in this world you will ever even remotely accomplish it. If you try hard with perseverence and believe ou can do it and nothing can stop you, most likely, you will get it done. I'm almost sure of this because it's worked on me and many others. yeah, sorry if I sound like your mother,lol. You seem pretty intellegent and have a good attitude towards many things so I'm sure you can do whatever you want to do if you put your mind to it.

The Talking Pie
12-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Talking pie, you should have a better view on life. If you doubt yourself and don't even try to accomplish what you want, there is no chance in this world you will ever even remotely accomplish it. If you try hard with perseverence and believe ou can do it and nothing can stop you, most likely, you will get it done. I'm almost sure of this because it's worked on me and many others. yeah, sorry if I sound like your mother,lol. You seem pretty intellegent and have a good attitude towards many things so I'm sure you can do whatever you want to do if you put your mind to it.
Oh, don't get me wrong... I want better things and will definately aim for them and attempt to reach them. It's just that, realistically, what I posted is what I'll likely end up with. I'm not abandoning all hope, I'm just not being nave and painfully optimistic.

ninthlayer
12-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Will you have kids (how many and what will you name them)?
Fuck no, but if I did have one I'd name them John Stamos (first/middle name), regardless of their gender.

Nirushika6789
12-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong... I want better things and will definately aim for them and attempt to reach them. It's just that, realistically, what I posted is what I'll likely end up with. I'm not abandoning all hope, I'm just not being nave and painfully optimistic.
Yea...and then if you do get something better (which you probably will) it will seem like a 'bonus' and you will apprieciate it even more ...:)

The Talking Pie
12-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Exactly.

Far, far too many people think that my tendancy to have low expectations means I also don't aim higher. Of course I do; I just don't expect it to pay off.

Human
12-30-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm not saying you should be that way. I mean, certainly with a college education, you could do something much better than working as a cashier. And if you couldn't/can't afford a college education, there is always funds, and even without a college education, you could do something better that would get you more money. Such as giving private music lessons. I know that my last two piano teachers charged about $75-$100 for one lesson just ofr an hour, maybe you could teach guitar or something, private lessons, or you could do that and writing at the same time. that would give you a great living, well, I'm assuming.

Endymion
12-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Erm, just curious, is there anybody who earns over 1k a year?
um, yes? i make 10$/h right now. should be up to 12$/h by the end of the semester (june). or did you mean 1m?

anyway...
scientist of some sort. i have no clue really, i'm happy with physics, computer science, mathematics, and things that don't fall into general areas so easily. it'll probably be in acadamia, so i won't make much, but maybe some sort of industry (bell labs, google, etc).

i'd hope so. no clue other than that.

hopefully. a few (2ish). i don't know about names.

don't really care.

not really, no.

couldn't care less.

yes

Human
12-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Ummmm....wait, what is a k? Kilogmrams, kilometers, killion, somebody say!

Endymion
12-30-2005, 05:36 PM
k = 10^3 = 1000

Human
12-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Ooops, yeah...I learned that in third grade...damn...fucking memory. lol, thanks.

The Talking Pie
12-30-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm not saying you should be that way. I mean, certainly with a college education, you could do something much better than working as a cashier. And if you couldn't/can't afford a college education, there is always funds, and even without a college education, you could do something better that would get you more money. Such as giving private music lessons. I know that my last two piano teachers charged about $75-$100 for one lesson just ofr an hour, maybe you could teach guitar or something, private lessons, or you could do that and writing at the same time. that would give you a great living, well, I'm assuming.
I have a college education. Know what it qualifies me to do? Criticise poetry. Seriously, education (at least in this country... can't say about others) counts for nothing. The kids who left school because they were too stupid to go onto college are better off now than I am.

The music lessons is a good idea, though. I used to have a kickass guitar teacher who charged 20 an hour, and it was worth every penny. But I'm not quite good enough. Or rather, I have absolutely no patience. That's why I can't even go to university and put a degree to good use (seeing as the only career a degree can actually guarantee is teaching).

Life is determined by luck, and mine's pretty shitty. I don't even buy lottery tickets, so there's not even the remote chance that I might become rich by that.

You know what might be the best way forward for me? Just becoming a monk... Seriously...

Human
12-30-2005, 05:41 PM
lol, okay, hope your luck gets better but I don't think you really fit the Monk stereotype.

Nirushika6789
12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
You know what might be the best way forward for me? Just becoming a monk... Seriously...

I can't imagine you as a monk...It wouldn't really fit the mould if you know what I mean

and as human said I hope you get better luck and things start to go well for you

Endymion
12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
you're a pretty good programmer, right?

find some small development company and try for a job there. better pay and you've got a good chance of moving on to a big player (microsoft, novell, etc)

The Talking Pie
12-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, yeah, sure, there aren't really too many metalhead monks... but there's so much to me that no one really sees that does fit the lifestyle. Plus I've always had this overwhelming urge to just give up on organised life (O' how I love the allusion there to organised crime...) and do the monk thing.

The Talking Pie
12-30-2005, 05:48 PM
you're a pretty good programmer, right?

find some small development company and try for a job there. better pay and you've got a good chance of moving on to a big player (microsoft, novell, etc)
You think it'd be that simple, wouldn't you? Pfft... people just don't believe you when you walk up to them and say "I can do this, give me a job". Believe me, I've tried. Natural talents seem to count for nothing next to taught skills that involve knowledge but not understanding. God that drives me crazy.

Nirushika6789
12-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, yeah, sure, there aren't really too many metalhead monks... but there's so much to me that no one really sees that does fit the lifestyle. Plus I've always had this overwhelming urge to just give up on organised life (O' how I love the allusion there to organised crime...) and do the monk thing.
Just think

NO Hair or any individuality at all

An orange robe... NO black etc :eek:

NO girlfriend

NO fun! Just Prayer and Simplicity

I can't really see any advantages here lol

The Talking Pie
12-30-2005, 05:51 PM
In all honesty, losing my girlfriend would be the only downside. Enough so that I wouldn't even consider it now, but if I was single... yeah, that'd be the life for me.

Remember kiddies, no one individual can make a difference; submerse yourself in a collective!

But seriously... I'm hijacking this thread. Bad Dave.

Endymion
12-30-2005, 05:52 PM
you need a portfolio. like, "hey, here's the source to a bunch of shit i've written? cool, eh?" but there is something to be said for the theory you learn by getting a degree. companies want that, but fail to realize that 90% of the people that get a BS in computer science don't know shit about the theories and are just blockhead coders (and not very good at that). the best programmers i know are self-taught, even if they didn't get the fancy theory stuff.

Nirushika6789
12-30-2005, 05:55 PM
In all honesty, losing my girlfriend would be the only downside. Enough so that I wouldn't even consider it now.
AWW...thats so sweet...

lol

HornyPope
12-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Eh getting a job in programmer's field is much easier than you think, Pie, even without a degree.

Offspring-Fanatic
12-30-2005, 06:17 PM
-what kind of job wil you have? Bilingual Pharmaceutical Sales Rep makes like, $150,000-200,000
-wil you get married? yeah. who? im not even 15 yet, how would i know?
-wil you have kids? 1 or 2
-where wil you live? Same area
-is there something you absolutely want to do somewhere in the future? not really
-what kind of car wil you be driving? BMW or an Infiniti
-will you be happy whith a future like this? yeah!

zookie85
08-21-2010, 09:34 AM
I hope that my life will be like that:

- having a job I like
- having a loyal partner
- maybe children
- going to many concerts
- having fun

Sofinch
08-22-2010, 01:30 PM

as a pile of ashes