PDA

View Full Version : A boss can be a true psychic vampire

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Seriously, don't you feel so drained after you've been in a meeting with a boss? It's like it sucks all the living energy out of you sometimes. Them and their brainwashing effects. The unwillingness to submit and yet the duty, the responsibily. I can't have a boss. I can't fake to be nice to somebody just so I don't get in trouble. And my only way out is to become one of them and have control over others.

Trippy
12-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Depends, some are more relaxed, some not. Usually women are the worst.

the_GoDdEsS
12-28-2005, 03:21 PM
I also had a very good boss once but that was back in Germany.

Try an unmarried woman in her late 30s.

nieh
12-28-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't have a problem with my bosses. They're nice folks for the most part. I do, however, have a problem with my bosses' bosses. Not that they're not nice too, but they do a shit job of running things. Every department is constantly either incredibly understaffed (a month ago mine was understaffed when we had 3 people. They said they were looking to get a fourth for us. Then one of the three people left and we were stuck with two, and we apparently are in a hiring freeze now, which means we're stuck with two for a long time) or incredibly overstaffed. If they're overstaffed, you can guarantee that 90% of the temps in the department (which makes up almost the entire department in some cases) will be let go in a few days, causing them to be understaffed.

Preocupado
12-28-2005, 03:28 PM
you control here today/ then get controlled there tomorrow...

sounds good for a lusty phantasy, but definetly painful to work with.

Camilamazed
12-28-2005, 03:41 PM
I do not have any problems with my boss either. I always try to work well so I do not get in trouble (Just Like Sim said).

Dive
12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
My boss is hardly ever in the office. When he is, however, I always find it's best to just ignore him. It's kind of hard though; last month he came barging out of his office and started acting out scenes from Spaceballs. I'm leaving in a few months. Statement. One--love.

yay
12-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I have 2 bosses, one of them couldn't be nicer and the other is an Afghan prick. He has a high pitched voice and he yelled at me last week for talking while working, when I laughed he looked at me funny and told me to go home.

Betty
12-28-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree totally. I can't put up with any condescension. And I especially can't put up with them if I know I could be doing a much better job than them. But I'm generally a good worker, so don't really have to deal with too much from them, which helps. My plan in life, however, is to be the boss, wherever. I couldn't handle it any other way.

T-6005
12-28-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't mind having a boss, but I do mind having a boss that doesn't like it when other people try to speak. Some bosses seem to believe that being in control is some sort of odd excuse for the weirdest behavior ever.

Kitten
12-28-2005, 10:23 PM
My friend's boss is a real bitch. Dee got injured in the workplace, and the boss carries on like she was breaking patient handling. Dee is an AIN, and she was getting a quilt for one the old people, and caught her knee on the unneeded round piping at the end of the bed, and dislocated her knee.
Now her shifts have been cut back severely, and the boss is making catty comments about people faking it for workcover, which she is not.

Lars
12-29-2005, 05:22 AM
I don't really think any 'meetings' I've had at my current workplace have ever really been that proper. They've seemed rather casual than what could be expected. They've got dedicated meeting rooms here, but I've not had the pleasure of using one, those meetings sound like fun, lasting possible hours. I'd be drained and (possibly) bored in no time probably.

It's kind of annoying when my boss is a floor above me, a lot of 'contact' is just done via email, seems very impersonal and a bit lazy, as it's only a very short walking distance and up/down some stairs.

the_GoDdEsS
12-29-2005, 05:27 AM
The communication is funny. I was in one office with two colleagues last year and we just communicated some things via e-mail too even though we were 3 meters away in the same room.

Punky Dudess
12-29-2005, 05:37 AM
The boss i have at Jane Norman is a bitch. She's young and pretty and a hypocrit. It makes it bad because she wants to think she's smarter and cooler than everyone else so she tries to make their lives miserable by attempting to take charge of the situation as if we, the employees, are incapable of doing the task at hand...especially when there's a cute boy around.

kami_mathieu
12-29-2005, 06:18 AM
the worst boss is the kind of boss that allways smiles, I cant stand that. the one that allways has a fake hapiness on him, and never gets angry.
theyre like: "it seems we have a little problem here mathieu, you where 2 minutes late again this morning how are we going to solve this issue?" (all of this with a plastic grin). I mean, just say what you want to say so I can get on whith my work, I dont wanna be buddies with you, just pay me and leave me alone!

SkyRocker
12-29-2005, 06:22 AM
The worst boss is the one that send you an email the night of christmas ( especially 20h00 of last saturday ) saying that your project doesn't work and asking for results immediately. Fucker...

Kerr
12-29-2005, 07:19 AM
Some of my McDonald's bosses are alright - basically, there are different restaurant managers on different days and most are OK. But when you go for any interview with someone especially job interviews, they do seem to drain you of your psychological power.