PDA

View Full Version : An observation about TOM (and others)

Paint_It_Black
12-30-2005, 06:55 PM
I just noticed he types pretty well now. Remember how he typed when he first joined? Like most english newbs he typed like he was text messaging. I love how almost everyone who initially types badly improves if they stick around here. It often seems to coincide with an improvement in the content of their posts too.

Original prankstA
12-30-2005, 06:56 PM
that's basically true

Conspiracy of One
12-30-2005, 06:58 PM
wat r u talking abut?

(And sorry, I can't contain myself... I just got a custom black/gold Les Paul!)

All About Eve
12-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Too bad he's still a waste of mass.

Nirushika6789
12-30-2005, 07:02 PM
(And sorry, I can't contain myself... I just got a custom black/gold Les Paul!)
FUCK...thats awesome!...what are you doing on here...get off and go play it lol

really thats class...now you have a Talman and a Les pauls :eek: :cool:

endlesst0m
12-30-2005, 07:06 PM
TOM? Who me?

Conspiracy of One
12-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I'll post the pictures once I get them developed tomorrow, hopefully. It's awesome, all the pickups are gold (tuning keys aswell) the body and frets are totally black and it has pearl inlays on the frets. It blows the Talman out of the water, amazing action. Also, i've been playing since I got it. :cool:

Nirushika6789
12-30-2005, 07:09 PM
I'll post the pictures once I get them developed tomorrow, hopefully. It's awesome, all the pickups are gold (tuning keys aswell) the body and frets are totally black and it has pearl inlays on the frets. It blows the Talman out of the water, amazing action. Also, i've been playing since I got it. :cool:
cool...my friend Maell has one that exact same as yours...and his is AWESOME!

Congratulations :p

I'm getting an Ibanez RG350EX...I'll post pics once I get it :D

HornyPope
12-30-2005, 07:16 PM
That's true, PIB. It's the same rule as in any other community basicly, internet or otherwise. If you going to join an existing group, you either pick on their habits or you leave the group. We have a lot of great members that joined in '02 and '03 and '04 and fit in perfectly with the rest and contributed on their own.

endlesst0m
12-30-2005, 07:18 PM
That's true, PIB. It's the same rule as in any other community basicly, internet or otherwise. If you going to join an existing group, you either pick on their habits or you leave the group. We have a lot of great members that joined in '02 and '03 and '04 and fit in perfectly with the rest and contributed on their own.

Whose TOM?

HornyPope
12-30-2005, 07:28 PM
the offspring monkey

JohnnyNemesis
12-30-2005, 07:33 PM
who's*

the_offsprings_monkey*

But yeah, he's improved as far as typing goes, naturally. Makes sense. One thing I've noticed is that active participation in webforums often leads people to write more on their own time. Composition and shit, I mean.

arak0r
12-30-2005, 07:54 PM
now if only he would stop being a complete and utter idiot. btw typing in games, and forums has made my typing skills and use of punctuation go down the tubes. i type faster now, though i always typed fast.

T-6005
12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
I agree that he types more correctly now than when he first joined... but I still think that most of his posts are absolute crap.

At least there was something amusing about "WE'RE NOT A BBS COUPLE!"

Now he tries to emulate other BBS users and pretty much attempts to shut down everyone else. And fails.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-30-2005, 10:50 PM
I agree that he types more correctly now than when he first joined... but I still think that most of his posts are absolute crap.

At least there was something amusing about "WE'RE NOT A BBS COUPLE!"

Now he tries to emulate other BBS users and pretty much attempts to shut down everyone else. And fails.
But that's what makes me, me. Right? oh and who said the BBS couple thing? Kim?

T-6005
12-30-2005, 10:52 PM
I remember both of you devoting pages and pages to arguing about that.

As for making you you - perhaps. But it also makes you annoying and unoriginal.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-30-2005, 10:54 PM
I remember both of you devoting pages and pages to arguing about that.

As for making you you - perhaps. But it also makes you annoying and unoriginal.
She made tho threads, as for what they said... I can't remember, I never listen to her in real life, so why the fuck would I listen to her on a forums?

Nina
12-31-2005, 12:51 AM
^ I cant believe how lame you are.
Just forget it. The improvement is worth shit with you being like this.

Kitten
12-31-2005, 01:08 AM

No, it makes you someone else. Just be yourself. Do people truly find you that annoying out in the real world?

the_offsprings_monkey
12-31-2005, 01:56 AM
No, it makes you someone else. Just be yourself. Do people truly find you that annoying out in the real world?
Some do and some don't, for some reason tho chavs just seem to love me :(:):(

SkunkIt
12-31-2005, 02:07 AM
His posts have got dramatically better, since he first started posting.

http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/5881/ash0js.png

the_GoDdEsS
12-31-2005, 02:16 AM
The form of his posts has improved. The content however is still brainless.

And you have to accept certain rules within a group to be at least tolerated, if not respected. One of them is correct spelling on here, for sure.

JoY
12-31-2005, 03:23 AM
^ I cant believe how lame you are.
Just forget it. The improvement is worth shit with you being like this.
I'll have to agree.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-31-2005, 01:12 PM
I'll have to agree.
You should try having a conversation with her, 90% of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is lies, and even a few members here can back me up on that. (notdoc and Mentallychallenged)

T-6005
12-31-2005, 01:14 PM
You should try having a conversation with her, 90% of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is lies, and even a few members here can back me up on that. (notdoc and Mentallychallenged)
We don't give a shit about her, idiot - we're talking about how the CONTENT OF YOUR POSTS HASN'T IMPROVED.

What, guys, I thought caps might help him understand!

You make my name be SAD, Ashley!

JohnnyNemesis
12-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Anytime anyone ever says anything negative about him, he brings Kim into it. ALWAYS. Which just brings us back to one reason why we're complaining about him; the fact that he always treated her like shit.

Now he'll probably come back with "okay, you have no idea, okay?!"

And notdoc and Mentally Challenged aren't exactly credible sources, no offense intended to them.

T-6005
12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Anytime anyone ever says anything negative about him, he brings Kim into it. ALWAYS. Which just brings us back to one reason why we're complaining about him; the fact that he always treated her like shit.

Now he'll probably come back with "okay, you have no idea, okay?!"

And notdoc and Mentally Challenged aren't exactly credible sources, no offense intended to them.
Rick, you have no idea, okay?!? okay?!?!

the_offsprings_monkey
12-31-2005, 01:26 PM
We treat each other like shit. (makes the relationship somewhat more spontaneous)

Conspiracy of One
12-31-2005, 01:28 PM
That's when your supposed to end the relationship. It doesn't seem like you two understand that yet though.

killer_queen
12-31-2005, 01:29 PM
We treat each other like shit. (makes the relationship somewhat more spontaneous)
She should. You look like shit.

Co1, relationships aren't all about understanding each other.

T-6005
12-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Thought youse two were separated. Although I have to admit that on some level, you'd do the world a favor by being together - it'd make both of you unavailable to anyone else.

coke_a_holic
12-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Thought youse two were separated. Although I have to admit that on some level, you'd do the world a favor by being together - it'd make both of you unavailable to anyone else.
There was a quote like that. "It's better to have 2 miserable people than 4," I think, but it could be something similar.

T-6005
12-31-2005, 02:02 PM
There was a quote like that. "It's better to have 2 miserable people than 4," I think, but it could be something similar.
In any case, the point remains.

notoriousdoc
12-31-2005, 02:37 PM
I cried, I really did, when I read that. Pity I ain't Chuck Norris

Paint_It_Black
12-31-2005, 03:14 PM
But yeah, he's improved as far as typing goes, naturally. Makes sense. One thing I've noticed is that active participation in webforums often leads people to write more on their own time. Composition and shit, I mean.

Adds to my long time belief that participation like this is a very good thing.

now if only he would stop being a complete and utter idiot. btw typing in games, and forums has made my typing skills and use of punctuation go down the tubes. i type faster now, though i always typed fast.

I always suspected your style of typing to be a form of rebellion. Anyway, it's clear that you know how to write correctly, and your spelling is generally flawless. It's the new members that type like complete crap that concern me, because I can never be sure if it's laziness or just sheer stupidity and poor education. And since the worst offenders tend to come from my own homeland I find it somewhat embarressing.

Maybe I've only been seeing the better ones. None of his posts have made me cringe for a while now. True, none that I've seen have been great, but I appreciate any improvement in people. I suppose it could just be that now his typing has improved he doesn't stick out to me so much anymore.

HornyPope
12-31-2005, 03:16 PM
I cried, I really did, when I read that. Pity I ain't Chuck Norris

That was pretty witty.

notoriousdoc
12-31-2005, 05:34 PM
That was pretty witty.
Jesus... I amaze even myself