PDA

View Full Version : Band of Brothers

Drummerguy123
12-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Has anyone seen this program? I think that it is done very well and really shows what these brave young men did for our country. Any thoughts on this show.

T-6005
12-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Our country my ass, son. Amend that.

Endymion
12-31-2005, 01:51 PM
there were countries other than america fighting in ww2, and the american soldiers weren't doing it for our country. other than a few ships taking supplies to the brits, we were never really attacked by the nazis. hitler's declaration of war against the US was an empty threat, he had his hands too tied up with europe and the USSR to directly attack the US.

Paint_It_Black
12-31-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, there was the secret development of a new bomber (which if I remember correctly resembled a stealth bomber in appearance) that was intended to fly so high that it couldn't be tracked or shot down. The intention was to obliterate New York I think. Fortunately, the war finished before the plane was complete.

Yes, I watch a lot of History Channel.

The Talking Pie
12-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Hitler also wanted the Ark of the Covenant, but fortunately for the West Indiana Jones was there to stop him. We shouldn't concern ourselves with what could have been but never was.

HornyPope
12-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Countries were in continous developement of such planes (they called them strategic bombers or far aviation). That plane isn't anything new, unless you're talking about the designs to build a plane capable flying in the stratosphere, which doesn't change much anyways.

And then you'd have to build at least few hundred of those planes after the prototype to make any sort of a damage.

So nevermind that plane you heard about on the history chanel, PIB.

Paint_It_Black
12-31-2005, 02:23 PM
The specific plane I was speaking of was supposedly decades ahead of it's time. I think they planned to build a fleet of them, but there was also consideration of just using one to drop a nuclear bomb. Of course, they'd need the bomb first.

Yes, there were lots of fascinating aircraft being designed at the time. The Japanese had some kind of submarine aircraft that I thought was pretty awesome for creative thinking.

I am fascinated by things that "could have been". For governemnts there is potentially very useful information in what could have been, for me it's just fun.

HornyPope
12-31-2005, 02:26 PM
They didn't have the time nor ressources to build a fleet of them. And the strategic bomber wasn't even high on a list of priorities when your fronts everywhere crumble.

Endymion
12-31-2005, 02:27 PM
on the plus side i saw the movie of the musical of the movie, the producers. i'm not sure if i like the original more or not... the new one had some better nazi and gay jokes.

Paint_It_Black
12-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes, I believe that project and many like it where scrapped because of a lack of resources. Still, shows that the Nazi's were at least considering possible means of attacking the US.

HornyPope
12-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Uhhh dude, your argument is way off. I'm too lazy to explain why, but just trust me.

Paint_It_Black
12-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Huh? I think my previous statement was obvious and self explanatory. It's too simple to even be called an argument. Why do you feel the need to debate everything?

sKratch
12-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeesh. Vlad's been so antagonistic lately.

HornyPope
12-31-2005, 04:37 PM
Whaat? HOW DARE YOU PUT IN QUESTION MY CHARACTER?

Brines
12-31-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't care what you think about America's role in WWII; you can't deny that this film is fucking amazing.

Drummerguy123
12-31-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't care what you think about America's role in WWII; you can't deny that this film is fucking amazing.
lol. I made this thread to ask what you guys thought of Band of Brothers, not the U.S. involvement in WWII. Oh well...

Brines
12-31-2005, 09:49 PM
And I'm with you on it. Good movie.

Drummerguy123
12-31-2005, 09:52 PM
And I'm with you on it. Good movie.

It's more of a series than a movie.

Paint_It_Black
01-01-2006, 03:48 AM
Not "more of" a series. It is a series. One I still need to watch.

SkyRocker
01-01-2006, 03:55 AM
I loved it. It's one of the best thing i've seen this year. It seems Spielberg wanted to do or continue something on war after Ryan and i must say the job is very well finished.
Definately worth watching.