PDA

View Full Version : I got a new guitar...

Ryder1234
12-31-2005, 09:20 PM
I got a new guitar for x-mas, but i dont know if its any good, its a Burswood with a whammy bar. Can you help me out

Original prankstA
12-31-2005, 09:33 PM
well wrong section, but i've never heard of that brand so i dont know

neocon58
12-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Get this shit out of this section.

And your guitar is shit, problem solved.

Ryder1234
12-31-2005, 09:53 PM
ok i guess ill try to get new guitar
(i just registered today, so dont acuse me of posting in wrong section)

tkum
12-31-2005, 09:54 PM
I got a new guitar for x-mas, but i dont know if its any good, its a Burswood with a whammy bar. Can you help me out

sounds like a starter guitar, did u get it in an amp package?
Chances are its nothing special and i have never heard of a Burswood before, but thats just me.

Just remember aslong as its got some strings u can rock out.

this the wrong place for this thread, i wont bitch cause i mod will move it

Drummerguy123
12-31-2005, 09:54 PM

Dude, my hi-hats TOTALLY pwn that guitar so much, it hurts.

Ryder1234
12-31-2005, 09:55 PM
yeah it was an amp pack

neocon58
01-01-2006, 05:38 PM
(i just registered today, so dont acuse me of posting in wrong section)

We can accuse you of whatever we like, you did post in the wrong section, but we don't care that much because your newb.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Couple things.

a) Yeah, it's the wrong section. Don't leap on him for it. He doesn't know. Inform him once and let it be.

b) If this is your first guitar, it doesn't matter that it's average. Learner guitars aren't meant to be superstar. Learn on it, and enjoy.

c) Welcome to the boards.

The Talking Pie
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Exactly. I always advise against people going out and buying expensive guitars when they're just beginners. You'll sound shit no matter what you play on, so it's best to wait for the better guitars until your skill's at a level where you'll actually be able to hear it reflected in the instrument.

And welcome.

Original prankstA
01-01-2006, 08:35 PM
i was lucky i got a used fender strat, a real one, not a squire and really it wasn't used some guy bought it and never learned how to play, so it's a brand new strat and it came free with a hardshell case

kami_mathieu
01-02-2006, 02:11 AM
whats the whole point in starter guitars? becouse they are created without mutch eye for detail and perfection they are more difficult to tune and sound shitty. these things would make playing guitar more difficult and thats the last thing a starter needs. my advice to all starters: make shure that when you are buying your guitar you take someone with you who knows a lot about them, and make shure you don't buy a realy cheap one. don't EVER take the advice of the sellers couse they will allways try to get you to buy the starter pack.

The Talking Pie
01-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Read my post in this thread. Wasting money on a decent guitar for starters really will do no good. Especially considering how a lot of people give up not long after beginning to learn an instrument; it really is a waste of money.

kami_mathieu
01-02-2006, 03:11 AM
you have a point there, but then again if you are not shure about playing guitar you should'not have bought a guitar at al (not even a starter).
another tip: buy an acoustic guitar first and learn to play unplugged, that way its cheaper so you can sea if you REALY like playing it (you can only tell if you like playing guitar after obout a year and a half, becouse with playing guitar, as with every instrument, learning the basics sucks.) and then you can strart thinking about buying an electric one (then don't buy the starter but go straight for the one you realy like the way it sounds, feels and looks).

Original prankstA
01-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Read my post in this thread. Wasting money on a decent guitar for starters really will do no good. Especially considering how a lot of people give up not long after beginning to learn an instrument; it really is a waste of money.
yeah it's true, i gave up very early and didn't play for a month or two, mainly because i had no amp, but still i never wanted to play it, but eventually i started and learned.

coke_a_holic
01-02-2006, 11:01 AM
I'd actually advise someone who isn't sure they want to pick up the instrument to rent a guitar from their music shop. That's what I did, and I'm glad. It was only like 25$ a month, and the money went towards the purchase of my now-owned guitar.

Ryder1234
01-02-2006, 05:10 PM
I'd actually advise someone who isn't sure they want to pick up the instrument to rent a guitar from their music shop. That's what I did, and I'm glad. It was only like 25$ a month, and the money went towards the purchase of my now-owned guitar.

Yeah, the saxophone I rented for school band is going towards the purchase of one for next year
(if someone tells me how to post pics i'll post pics of both instruments :confused: )

Fdsajoe
01-08-2006, 10:09 AM
whats the whole point in starter guitars? becouse they are created without mutch eye for detail and perfection they are more difficult to tune and sound shitty. these things would make playing guitar more difficult and thats the last thing a starter needs. my advice to all starters: make shure that when you are buying your guitar you take someone with you who knows a lot about them, and make shure you don't buy a realy cheap one. don't EVER take the advice of the sellers couse they will allways try to get you to buy the starter pack.

Starter packs are made for people who dont know what to buy or what they like. The guitars are simple and cheap to make. After learning on a starter guitar you should then upgrade slowly.

You've got to start somewhere.

wazzup22
01-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I found that the best way to start playing guitar is to buy a medium priced acoustic, play for about 4 months or so then buy a really nice electric. That way you dont have to worry about amps or technical problems and you are giving yourself time to educate your self about what to buy and where ect.

Zero
01-16-2006, 12:27 PM
My tip for starters is don't bother...give up now, before you spend the money. Go win one or something...[/sarcasm]

JoY
01-16-2006, 12:35 PM
it'd be great, if now I knew how to move a topic.

General Chat-material, Dave? I'd say so.

JoY
01-16-2006, 12:37 PM
holy shit, I finally figured it out!

is there a medal for these things, or something?

Ronin
01-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Get this shit out of this section.

what that guy said... :eek:

JoY
01-17-2006, 07:50 AM
this topic has already been moved to the right forum...

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 08:01 AM
http://www.mch.govt.nz/nzflag/history/images/medal.jpg

*Hysterical applause for Bella*

JoY
01-17-2006, 08:10 AM
*takes a bow*
why thank you very much.